Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

There's also Splatoon 2 this summer and apparently Xenoblade 2 is set for this year, somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Are you referring to Ryuji not being able to shut up about phantom thieves and accidentally letting Makoto in on it or Ryuji being a shithead to Morgana enough to make him run off?

Definitely the latter, because that entire plot beat is the worst. The former is actually kinda funny though.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

And if you're into fighting games like me, Injustice 2 this month, Tekken 7 soon as well.

As lovely as everything else has been, at least the games are good lately.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

And if you're into fighting games like me, Injustice 2 this month, Tekken 7 soon as well.

And Guilty Gear. Too many games this year, but specifically too many fighting games next month.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I had no idea next month was fighting games month!

I wonder if there'll be a Persona 5 Arena and, if so, how they'll handle Morgana. He's just so small.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Harrow posted:

I had no idea next month was fighting games month!

I wonder if there'll be a Persona 5 Arena and, if so, how they'll handle Morgana. He's just so small.

He fights in car form.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
It truly cannot be understated how much this year has kicked rear end for video games. Like I love Persona 5 but man it's totally possible it won't even make my Top 10 list come December, it's wild this year

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Guys I really liked Persona 5, what else is good in the JRPG front (same happy go-lucky free-formness,) on the PS4?

Or should I post this in the PS4 thread.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Turtlicious posted:

Guys I really liked Persona 5, what else is good in the JRPG front (same happy go-lucky free-formness,) on the PS4?

I dunno if it really counts as a JRPG in all the technical sense ways, but play Yakuza 0.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Turtlicious posted:

I don't play the series but "free-form" and "happy go lucky" sounds like the Atelier games to me! Pretty sure they just had a game come out in February or March or so.

I'm partial to Nier Automata but it's the farthest thing imaginable from "happy go lucky." Great game though and probably my personal GOTY so far.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Yardbomb posted:

I dunno if it really counts as a JRPG in all the technical sense ways, but play Yakuza 0.

it's not a JRPG

play it anyway

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

corn on the cop posted:

it's not a JRPG

play it anyway

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

corn on the cop posted:

it's not a JRPG

play it anyway

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I already beat it.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

So, I mentioned before I'm still thinking about who to date. When is the first "date event" in the game (such as the summer festivals in 3 and 4)?

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

School trip in early September

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

ajkalan posted:

School trip in early September

The conditions for getting those to trigger are weird, though. I got to hang out with Makoto despite being at just rank 5 with her.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheLoser posted:

The conditions for getting those to trigger are weird, though. I got to hang out with Makoto despite being at just rank 5 with her.

It depends on the character.

You can always hang out with Ryuji though!

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

Andrast posted:

You can always hang out with Ryuji though!

Ryuji AND Mishima. I don't even want to imagine the kind of misery that is hanging out with those two at the beach.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

The only time I think it goes up overnight is when you send a calling card which sets it to 99% which this also doesn't effect. It doesn't do anything that I can tell. Someone will have to post what the Japanese says I guess.
「パレスでの警戒度がほぼあがらなくなり、翌日に警戒度が0になる。」 "The security level in Palaces will barely increase at all, and will drop to zero overnight."

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Finally finished. 136:36 on my clear save.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TheLoser posted:

Ryuji AND Mishima. I don't even want to imagine the kind of misery that is hanging out with those two at the beach.

Maybe Ryuji makes up for hanging with Mishima? Although I guess it could also work the other way around.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Moltrey posted:

this interaction was loving perfect, Futaba killed it. Mishima is so stoked to talk to a Nerd Girl and Futaba just calls him the wrong name twice, insults him for using -chan speak and says he has no interesting qualities.

Felt like I witnessed a justifiable murder after that scene, savage indeed

That was a great scene. Loved that you could pick Savage Guy got destroyed.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm at the part in Persona 4 Golden where Yosuke is trying to get me to ride a vespa to get laid.

1. Good luck getting laid if you're driving a vespa
2. Well done to Atlus for writing a dude who has a -100% chance in ever getting a girlfriend in Yosuke.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

TheLoser posted:

The dialogue choice from the night before might be a factor in who you wanna hang out with. For Ann and Kawakami, you do need to be dating them if you wanna hang oht with them. Makoto and Hifumi are a little more lenient about that.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

ChaosArgate posted:

The dialogue choice from the night before might be a factor in who you wanna hang out with. For Ann and Kawakami, you do need to be dating them if you wanna hang oht with them. Makoto and Hifumi are a little more lenient about that.

Hifumi can't even be dated at that point due to how late you can do her Mementos request. I tried it in my NG+ and you only have one night to hang out after clearing the request at the earliest possible date, which only takes you to rank 8.

Speaking of, I tried hanging out with Makoto both while dating her and not, and couldn't really tell the difference between them, whereas Ann referenced you two dating (which probably isn't strange if you have to date her to even hang out). It was frankly a bit disappointing that Makoto's seemed the same regardless.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
You know what I really like now that I noticed it.
When you are in the velvet room and you go to a menu and you immediately back out. The Twins call you out on it. "such rudeness"
Small detail, but I love it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

As far as I can tell, the only unique dates you get with Makoto when you're actually dating her are the ferris wheel and destinyland. Everything else was probably made identical, save for Seaside Park, which is a different scene entirely, to save on time because most people probably aren't going to see all of the date spots.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm at the part in Persona 4 Golden where Yosuke is trying to get me to ride a vespa to get laid.

1. Good luck getting laid if you're driving a vespa
2. Well done to Atlus for writing a dude who has a -100% chance in ever getting a girlfriend in Yosuke.

Given Inaba's a lovely little rear end-end-of-nowhere hick town, any means of transportation is probably a non-zero chance of picking up a girl. Even a Vespa, though only barely.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
But who's least likely to get a girlfriend, Yosuke, Ryuji or Mishima?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

corn on the cop posted:

*Reads Game Secrets*
Mona: Awesome! You'll kick rear end at games now!

*Uses techniques in Game Secrets*
Mona: lmao you bitchass scrub
he's a cat, the gently caress did you expect

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ApplesandOranges posted:

Mishima, by a loving mile. Yosuke and Ryuji can at least talk to girls without the girls quietly pitying them and wanting to get the hell away ASAP.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

Mishima.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

ApplesandOranges posted:

At the very least, Yosuke and Ryuji don't say kek out loud.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Those of you who started NG+ with max social stats - how much extra time did that net you w/r/t building confidants? I plan on maxing everyone in this run and wanted to know how much I'd have to min/max my time.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Nishima

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

ApplesandOranges posted:

Yosuke basically has a girlfriend though, she's just a robot

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Deified Data posted:

Those of you who started NG+ with max social stats - how much extra time did that net you w/r/t building confidants? I plan on maxing everyone in this run and wanted to know how much I'd have to min/max my time.

I had enough time to try and hang out with Hifumi for like an extra week to see if I could take her anywhere, play every video game and do enough training both at home and the gym to make any further gains negligible. You get plenty of time.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

FractalSandwich posted:

「パレスでの警戒度がほぼあがらなくなり、翌日に警戒度が0になる。」 "The security level in Palaces will barely increase at all, and will drop to zero overnight."

ATLUUUUUS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Deltasquid posted:

Yosuke basically has a girlfriend though, she's just a robot

Look man just because he's got a huge crush on the robot and isn't even that weird about it doesn't mean she's his girlfriend.