Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't know I don't think deaf people are that interesting. Not deaf people in general, just being deaf is not like a huge conversation piece and it doesn't make you "cool" :airquote: or whatever.

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Think about it. If you're a blind or deaf person with a good quality of life who's adapted to your difference, can you see how it might be irritating to be told that you're defective and need to be fixed?

This isn't to defend the awful parents from the story that got posted but try and consider the perspective here.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Lareine posted:

What I don't get about the Deaf community is some of them completely denying they are missing anything at all. Trying to convince themselves and others that hearing is totally lame. It's clearly sour grapes but if that's the case, does that mean congenitally blind people go around denying that they are at a disadvantage for not having sight? Given that they were never exposed to the concept of sight, do they act like they aren't missing anything at all, that seeing is overrated anyway?

Clearly you're a hearing-abled bigot who has been influenced by Big Cochlear to abuse and take advantage of poor deaf people.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Someday they're going to invent a cure for shitposting and we'll finally understand the desire to protect a toxic culture.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
No!!!

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Charles Get-Out posted:

gender swap gross person story

Me [30M] with my girlfriend [25F] of 8 mos, has stopped showering frequently

I don't get how people do this. I start feeling grody after a day and a half, isn't it just more pleasant to be clean?

I'm guessing her depression coming back and she's either in denial or is just hiding it from him.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

Who What Now posted:

We've had sign language since the 19th century, have there actually been people institutionalized and punished for being deaf within the last hundred years?

I can only speak for the context I know, but in New Zealand schools for the Deaf forbade the use of sign language until as late as the 70s. I'm sure there were similar patterns elsewhere. This isn't really the thread for an ongoing discussion of Deaf history and culture though so I'll shut up.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Ouhei posted:

I'm guessing her depression coming back and she's either in denial or is just hiding it from him.

Yeah clearly there's some sort of problem, but even at my lowest I've still managed to shower regularly.

Me [58/F] with my son [29 M]. He no longer likes me and while I know something is going on, he won't let me in

quote:

The title says it all.
Something has happened and I don't know what it is. I was a single mother of 3M's (31, 29, 27) and we have always had the close mother/sons relationships. After they got older, I let go and we started having best friend type relationships. It was glorious because I could step back and watch those wonderful humans that I raised. And we could have fun together as adult friends, respecting each other, spending time together, drinking a few beers and laughing. It's like we are bros.
As far as the other two, we talk regularly on the phone despite one living abroad as a scuba instructor (oldest) and the other being busy with med school (youngest), the middle one seems to have cut me out of his life. The others have seen him pull away from them as well so I don't think I've really done anything big to hurt him.
He didn't call me on my birthday last week and birthdays have always been a big, big deal for us. For several days afterwards, I went through the stages of hurt to anger, then to concern for him. I see it as a symptom of something big - something that means he is either isolating or trying to hurt my feelings. I see it as a cry for help. I should point out that he is the underachiever of the 3 and he feels it without it ever being said. He is so drat smart and charismatic but dropped out of school and has not pursued a career. He doesn't have any direction and doesn't want to go back to college (which is fine) but is not "adulting" (I hate that word but it fits)
I have a couple of questions.
1) How do I let this go and get him to open up without throwing guilt on him for not calling? I've texted him and said, "__, call me tomorrow. Ignoring my birthday is a symptom and I know you didn't just forget. I really want to help". He texted back that he would call but a week has gone by and I am now back to feeling angry.
2) How do I stop thinking about this? I guess it is like when you break up with a SO and have to quit obsessing about it and just let things go.
Any and all help is appreciated. Your thinking outside the box would be great because I simply cannot at this point. I've thought he was depressed for a long time but he refuses therapy. His brothers and I walk on eggshells with him because we don't think he could handle criticism.
TL;DR Something is wrong in my son's life and I don't know how to reach him or quit obsessing about the problem.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Charles Get-Out posted:

Me [58/F] with my son [29 M]. He no longer likes me and while I know something is going on, he won't let me in

TEXT: "__, call me tomorrow. Ignoring my birthday is a symptom and I know you didn't just forget. I really want to help"
She lost whatever sympathy she had from me when she sent him that text, but my sympathy was pretty low when she classified her own sons as her bros anyway.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

there are people who get extremely offended at the idea that there is research going to to cure autism, so theres that

not exactly the same but the same kinda concept

For starters, they think of "my Asperger's Syndrome which makes me a more intelligent, hyper-rational übermensch," when they hear the word autism. You know, instead of a broad spectrum of often crippling disorders requiring lifetime care. They think it's the inferior normies trying to exterminate a superior mutation of the human race. That and there's the parents of autistic children who are invested in a lifetime of extremely stressful care for their unfortunate children, who feel threatened by the thought that their suffering and hardship would have been in vain, in a sense.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Autism is the greatest menace ever known

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Gonna be honest, with the quality of all of youse-all's postings, i figured you'd have more sympathy for the disabled.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pvt.Scott posted:

For starters, they think of "my Asperger's Syndrome which makes me a more intelligent, hyper-rational übermensch," when they hear the word autism. You know, instead of a broad spectrum of often crippling disorders requiring lifetime care. They think it's the inferior normies trying to exterminate a superior mutation of the human race. That and there's the parents of autistic children who are invested in a lifetime of extremely stressful care for their unfortunate children, who feel threatened by the thought that their suffering and hardship would have been in vain, in a sense.

Ya can't just say "dumb" any more because society changed the meaning.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Gonna be honest, with the quality of all of youse-all's postings, i figured you'd have more sympathy for the disabled.

rude af

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

zakharov posted:

Think about it. If you're a blind or deaf person with a good quality of life who's adapted to your difference, can you see how it might be irritating to be told that you're defective and need to be fixed?

This isn't to defend the awful parents from the story that got posted but try and consider the perspective here.

The first time I heard anything clearly I was 10 and it was the best thing ever, to this day. It owned.

It's the whole not wanting someone else to leave the community thing I think is indefensible.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 15:53 on May 9, 2017

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Do (22M) good guys really finish last? (21F) by DurtyHooper

quote:

I've always done whatever my girlfriend needed. Whether it be physically or emotionally. Talking about problems, voicing my opinion, taking her side in battles, buying whatever she wanted etc.. well recently her tires were low and needed a ride to school. My phone was on silent and I missed her call by 4 mins... I called her back asap and she said I was useless and got extremely mad (has father neglection issues) so when he wasn't there and I wasn't there she felt alone in this cold world. We talked about it and it blew over. Yesterday I missed her call by LITERALLY 1 minute... I called back and she kept forwarding my call. She said how can she be with me when I can't answer a phone and forgot about everything I've ever done for me. She broke up with me over text, deleted me off Facebook and Snapchat. Her mother has a form of cancer (she just found out). But to break up VIA TEXT because I didn't answer the phone call seems a bit extreme. I told her she was overreacting and that's when she blew up on me. I'm not abusive, I'm the most caring boyfriend. I truly love her therefore would do ANYTHING for her..... She told me to leave her a lone but I'm not the type to quit. We have dated for over a year and would talk about our future together.
Tl;Dr I've never raised my voice at her, never called her name's, and never physically harmed her. Gave her all the sexual attention possible (we just had a sleepover this weekend). She tends to take her anger out on me. I don't let it get to me personally and she even admitted to taking her anger out on me.
Should I just give her time?

well maybe reddit gives him some good advice about how to get away & stay away from the crazy lady

DurtyHooper posted:

She doesn't TELL me to do things and i do it. I'll do it if I know it'll make her happy. Isn't that love? Being able to go out of your way to please someone else WITHOUT it being out of the way?. Everytime she would get mad I would always like to talk about it but she's the type to be alone when she's mad and shelter herself from everyone (even her mother).

DurtyHooper posted:

I guess I'll take it day by day. Either calling her at night and seeing how she feels or maybe shooting a quick text to meet in person....I need to let her "be mad" that's how she is.

DurtyHooper posted:

Exactly! I've never tried to control her or tell her what to do. Each individual has their own preferences and tendencies. I love her for who she is, even though she's a bitch at times. It will never change the fact that our souls are in sync. I will do my best to occupy my mind and wait for the right moment to contact her. Although time is going by slowly, do you think I should Call her today or wait another day?

quote:

[–]_xia [score hidden] 35 minutes ago
Congratulations on dodging a bullet.

[–]DurtyHooper[S] [score hidden] 21 minutes ago
Should I find that bullet, pick it up and embrace it?

nope he's hopeless

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

The first time I heard anything clearly I was 10 and it was the best thing ever, to this day. It owned.

It's the whole not wanting someone else to leave the community thing I think is indefensible.

Oh for sure, that's ridiculous. I hope you didn't get any blow back. I just don't think Deaf people are necessarily jerks.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Me [29F] with my bf[32M] of 5 years, yesterday was my birthday. Am I overly disappointed by his presents? Relationships

quote:

submitted 1 year ago * by olippekorr

First of all, I'm not a native english speaker, I apologise for my grammar.

I'm really disappointed by the bithday presents I received from my boyfriend: a bathing cap, swimming glasses and 10 entries to the local swimming pool. I feel like he doesn't care enough to try to find me something I'll enjoy.

In his defense, I told him lately that I wanted to go swimming because I needed to do some physical activity. I guess it proves that he listens. But for my birthday, I really would have prefered something more "romantic", like a cheap piece of jewelry.

I don't care about the price of the gift, I know he doesn't have a lot a money, and I would have been embarassed if he bought me something over expensive.

I think I'm also sad because he always pushes me to exercise, and not in a kind-concerned way. I'm a bit overweight (10pounds) and I need to get fit, I know it. I lack motivation but his constant ranting doesn't help me at all. I feel he used my birthday to get what he wants.

Frankly, I've never be thrilled by his gifts but this one hurted me. On my first birthday with him he didn't bought me anything at all. I was a little bit disappointed but I didn't complained too much, it was not a long time since we starded our relationship. Also, he never makes me little gifts when it's not a special occasion. I always try to please him with little things, and try my best when it's his birthday.

What do you think? Am I overreacting?

Edit: Thank you to everyone who took the time to comment and give me advice. I'm ready to adress the real issue since you made me realize the gift was the symptom and not the disease. Conveniently, I didn't expressed to him what I really felt about the gift, so I'm not going to lose time about that.

I'm pasting here a comment I made below. I feel I wasn't really clear in my post and some things may have been lost in translation. Sorry again for the lovely english.

quote:

"My post wasn't very clear, I'm lost in translation. He knew going to the pool is not an activity I'll enjoy. I told him something like "poo poo I need to go swimming regularly because, you're right, I'm out of shape", I was not thrilled about it.
I like swimming in lakes or the sea in the summer, but just for the fun not for the sport. Going to the pool, from 7pm to 8pm after work, in the winter, and swimming laps is not my idea of a "fun life experience". I chose that activity because it's the cheapest and close to my work. I have an old knee injury so I can't jogg.
"Romantic" wasn't the right word to describe what kind of present I hoped for. I simply wanted something he knew I'll really enjoy. As for "lovely jewelery", cheap doesn't always means ugly, it would have pleased me to put a nice necklace in the morning and remember he choosed it for me. And I stated before I would have also be pleased by a number of other things: books, a night out, a day in the country, etc.
I'm really not a materialistic person. I interpreted the gift as a passive-agressive move. But maybe I'm wrong and he chosed it for my own good."

tl;dr: Bf bought me swimming gear for my birthday, I'm disappointed/sad/mad.

What a dingus, I hope she dumped h

UPDATE - Me [29F] with my bf[32M] of 5 years, yesterday was my birthday. Am I overly disappointed by his presents? Updates

quote:

1,221 points 188 comments submitted 1 year ago by olippekorr to r/relationships

Original Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/3p0pax/me_29f_with_my_bf32m_of_5_years_yesterday_was_my/

I didn't have to start discussing the issue with boyfriend because he brought it himself. We were in bed on sunday morning when he waked me up asking me what I did the day before. I genuinely told him what my day consisted in, when he started screaming “why weren't you at the swimming pool?”. I responded that I was planning to go on monday, and that I couldn’t understand why he was so upset about it, and that he needed to stop harassing me with exercise. That I already acknowledged I needed to go and that I was going to. I also added that his constant bullying wasn't helping at all.

He kept on screaming that he was sure I spent the day on the couch eating like a pig. I must explain that I never eat between meals and I walk a lot. I've never spent my days on the couch like he says. I think he pictures me binge eating like a couch potato when I'm not with him, and I have no idea why, except for those mere 10 pounds that apparently, are making my sight insufferable.

Then he shouted that I must pay him back for the pool passes, since I wasn't planning to go. I replied “Ok, I'll give you the 28 euros.” I knew the prices since I already planned to go before he gave me the gift and checked on the net. He screamed that it was a bit more. So at this point I was pissed off and I answered him with a rather provocative tone “28,90 euros?”

This sentence released the monster. He loving started choking me screaming “If you want to keep you lard on go on, you're disgusting, you're a fat bitch”, kept on pinching my hips, and ended spitting on my face and spreading it with his hands. At this point I was paralyzed, shaking and crying. The screaming continued for an hour and I was unable to get out of the room. He finally calmed down, apologized and cried a bit, I was still terrified. The man is crazy. I was able to leave and I'm currently at my mother house.

So, I guess that bath cap was the best gift of my life, since I can now see what a true crazy jerk my boyfriend was. Thank you to all the good people who gave me their advices.

Update 2: Thank you to everyone who gave me support and kindness, I think I don't quite realize what happened but your comments put me on the right track, and I'm very grateful. I've been to the police station and filled the procedure. Told the incident to a friend who was very understanding and came with me. The cops encouraged me to press charges, I said I'll think about it. He didn't tried to contact me and that's a relief.

To the ones who are calling this fake, I'll say that I was stupefied myself. There were warnings signs, he always had a really bad temper, but never got physical. The now ex is in a bad place, lost job months ago, increased substance abuse, so I guess it can explain why he went crazy like he never did before. Anyway, I think he was nuts all along and good at hiding it, and that I must have been blind myself. I now feel quite foolish posting about the gift issue, since it was obviously a bigger problem. I guess I sensed there was something rotten about to come out.

tl;dr: Bf brought the issue himself, went crazy violent. Am currently at my mother's house.

:stonk: that... that works too I guess?

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Jesus loving christ you make one joke about forcing red hot chili peppers on recovering deaf people and GBS argues about privilege for 300 pages.

Anyway that mom needs to leave her son alone, sometimes your son doesn't like you as much as you like him. I don't like my mom as much as she likes me. poo poo happens.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Bubblyblubber posted:

Me [29F] with my bf[32M] of 5 years, yesterday was my birthday. Am I overly disappointed by his presents? Relationships

UPDATE - Me [29F] with my bf[32M] of 5 years, yesterday was my birthday. Am I overly disappointed by his presents? Updates

[/quote]

Lol jeez

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Bubblyblubber posted:

quote:

Holy poo poo people just need to stop interacting with each other altogether.

NomChompsky fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 9, 2017

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
And now for a palate cleanser

Me [29 M] with my Therapist [60+ M] My therapist fell asleep during session. What do I do? Non-Romantic

quote:

158 points 31 comments submitted 1 year ago by Plumbumb to r/relationships

I am having a hard time knowing because he is blind. His eyes are always open.

Today during our session, his body slowly seemed relaxed as I was talking, then several seconds later he released a single snore and immediately snapped back to attention. He then cleared his throat and followed up my moment of silence with a generic comment on feelings that did not pertain to my subject.

When he fell asleep I was talking about important family issues. It derailed my train of thought and I cut the session short. This therapist is older, he threw his back out the night before. He may have been on meds? Maybe the snore was actually unusual breathing?

This has happened before where he seems to relax, go silent and sink into his chair. I’m not sure rather or not to confront him. occasionally

tl;dr Therapist fell asleep. What should I do?

You can start by not being such a boring dullard, Stephen

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
"Here is crystal clear evidence that you need to break up with me, a violent crazy person" is a much better birthday gift

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Bubblyblubber posted:

And now for a palate cleanser

Me [29 M] with my Therapist [60+ M] My therapist fell asleep during session. What do I do? Non-Romantic

You can start by not being such a boring dullard, Stephen

I am sure this was a scene out of some movie

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Buzkashi posted:

"Here is crystal clear evidence that you need to break up with me, a violent crazy person" is a much better birthday gift

Either that or "Here is crystal clear evidence that I was right and people in the comments have no right to judge me." I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, but man, it's pretty interesting that the boyfriend went five years without a mental breakdown and then couldn't make it 24 hours after she posted a reddit thread.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

If it makes you feel better, I'm talking about self-diagnosed internet aspies with snowflake issues.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Naerasa posted:

Either that or "Here is crystal clear evidence that I was right and people in the comments have no right to judge me." I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, but man, it's pretty interesting that the boyfriend went five years without a mental breakdown and then couldn't make it 24 hours after she posted a reddit thread.

The fat just got to be too much to handle

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
lol I had a therapist fall asleep on me. apparently she did that to patients a lot and turned out to be abusing drugs

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Naerasa posted:

There's been some obvious outliers posted in this thread, but generally it's way more interesting/fun to just assume these are all real because otherwise, what's the point?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I missed the deaf convo, but I have a cousin who is deaf and married a deaf dude and they are both deep into the deaf community and the poo poo I see them and other deafies post is hilarious/terrible. I'm not going to necessarily blame it on them being deaf, but they also all seem to be heavily into lifted trucks with insane stereo systems just so they can feel the bass, ATVs, side by sides and letting their children do stupid poo poo like driving said lifted trucks at the age of 6. One of them shamed me in very poor grammar because I said happy birthday to my cousin and had a Fox hat on in my profile picture, he asked if I even ATV or ride in the desert and called me a poser. gently caress off, Deafy McDeafferson, I raced motocross for 10 years and my ears work, get hosed.

Thank you for reading, and now content

I [24 M] went on a first date that went well until I asked if I could kiss her

quote:

A couple nights ago I went on my only date so far this year with a girl I met at a party a few days ago. She seemed fun, smart, & attractive so needless to say I was excited.
Everything went really well & I think we enjoyed each other's company & conversation about as well as we could. We ended up going back to my place & decided to put on a movie. We had gotten up close to each other as the film went on & then I asked if I could kiss her. She gave a non-answer & I told her she didn't have to by any means, which she followed with "try again later". So, later I said "about that kiss..." & she responded with annoyance that I was asking. I told her I just want to make sure it's ok with her & she said she had never had anyone ask her if it was alright to kiss before doing it & still wouldn't say yes.
This happened again a bit later & then she asked if I had ever even kissed anyone in what felt like a pretty demeaning way. It seemed at this point she switched off treating me like an attractive potential partner.
One last time I went for it, trying to laugh off the whole scenario, & she still seemed annoyed & said "I said yes the first time" (she hadn't). Without an explicit yes, I moved in at slow-enough-she-could-say-no speed & we started kissing, but quickly she pushed me off saying "I don't know you well enough for that" & soon after asked if I could take her home. Now I haven't heard from her since, so clearly the whole thing was a big turn off for her, which I can understand.
I should say - - I've been in a fair number of relationships over the years & a kiss isn't exactly something I get hung up on or a big deal. With someone new, I want to be sure they want a near-stranger getting close to them, but usually it's just a simple "yes" or the occasional "no" & things don't get dragged out the way they did the other night.
I realize I shouldn't have kept asking, but it was clear she was interested & it felt like she wanted to say yes but thought it was silly to do so, until it happened so many times she just assumed I was inexperienced. I guess this has me bothered because I've had a long dry spell & she was the first person I've been interested in for about half a year, & it's a shame because all else about the night felt like we had a strong connection. It's had me pretty depressed that I could ruin things so needlessly like this.
tl;dr: So, I asked for permission to kiss her & it made her lose interest. Was I in the wrong here? & should I feel bad about it? Just trying to wrap my head around this one & hopefully do better next time.
So...about that kiss :downs:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Troposphere posted:

lol I had a therapist fall asleep on me. apparently she did that to patients a lot and turned out to be abusing drugs

Caretaker burnout sucks.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Troposphere posted:

Sounds like you need more interesting psychological issues.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Nazzadan posted:

What a wiener.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Nazzadan posted:

I missed the deaf convo, but I have a cousin who is deaf and married a deaf dude and they are both deep into the deaf community and the poo poo I see them and other deafies post is hilarious/terrible. I'm not going to necessarily blame it on them being deaf, but they also all seem to be heavily into lifted trucks with insane stereo systems just so they can feel the bass, ATVs, side by sides and letting their children do stupid poo poo like driving said lifted trucks at the age of 6. One of them shamed me in very poor grammar because I said happy birthday to my cousin and had a Fox hat on in my profile picture, he asked if I even ATV or ride in the desert and called me a poser. gently caress off, Deafy McDeafferson, I raced motocross for 10 years and my ears work, get hosed.

Thank you for reading, and now content

But the internet told me I should always get affirmative consent or else I'm a rapist :confused:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Warbadger posted:

So, if somebody's parents cut them off for learning to understand a foreign language you believe there is some validity to their perspective?

Like, if a somebody living in a small English speaking expat community in China decides to learn some Chinese it would be understandable for their parents to throw a tantrum over it?

what is this thing hostile goons always do where if you try to explain a weird concept someone kramers through the door and is all "well actually its bad :smug:"

learn to have more than one idea at once, jeez

deaf people are set apart from hearing society because of a profound language barrier and this makes some deaf people get real up in arms about the future of deaf culture and "genocide"

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Kissboy shouldn't have been creepily pushy but homegirl should have just straight up said no rather than make it some weird 'how socially awkward is this dickhead' test

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

boner confessor posted:

what is this thing hostile goons always do where if you try to explain a weird concept someone kramers through the door and is all "well actually its bad :smug:"

learn to have more than one idea at once, jeez

Its not the way I think I would choose to live, and how they reacted was awful, but have some sympathy for the family who tried their best to create an island of silence for themselves in a world of obstacles and lost their poo poo because they found out their only daughter had built a raft and was leaving without them.

I'm not religious but love the sinner and hate the sin.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

"Try again later," is perfectly clear. It means "tonguefuck my tonsils in the men's restroom in an hour." It's like goons have never been around women before. :rolleyes:

E: that's what I always did to my Magic 8-ball , anyways.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Buzkashi posted:

Kissboy shouldn't have been creepily pushy but homegirl should have just straight up said no rather than make it some weird 'how socially awkward is this dickhead' test

Its actually a very good test, and I approve of her method of nerd-sifting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Troposphere posted:

Me too! I saw a therapist when my parents got divorced (I was 11) and they fell asleep and I had no idea what to do. I'm not sure if I ever told my parents, actually.