Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Captain Invictus posted:

Call of duty sold so poorly there they offered refunds because nobody could find multiplayer matches.

Suck it up and go to steam microsoft.

Saint Freak posted:

One of the Call of Duties was on it right? And they had to refund everyone because like a dozen people bought it and that's obviously not going to work for a multiplayer game.

wowsers. go with steam microsoft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

To be fair nobody buys COD on PC period.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Was the whole Call of Duty refund thing not because they made the braindead decision to split the player base between windows store customers and steam customers?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Cowcaster posted:

wowsers. go with steam microsoft
It was pretty bad:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
It wasn't really a decision, cod uses steam servers and obviously those same servers can't be used for uhh whatever the call gfwl now.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Halo 3 was a ton of fun to do split screen multiplayer on. Coop campaign was fun in all the Halos I played as well, the vehicles were a blast and all the physics simulation stuff never got old for me. The enemy AI was surprisingly decent for the time too, where enemies would panic and take cover and then stage flanks and poo poo. Kind of surprised VG wished he never played it.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Halo 3 came out during my freshman year in college, and the dorm had a LAN connection set up that we had been using to play Halo 2 on. The day it came out we had like 3 groups of 4 players playing the campaign on legendary, trying to beat it first. That was a really fun time.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the e3 thread will be ready to go as soon as ubisoft and nintendo say when they're doing their thing which i'm assuming will be sometime this week

three of the conferences are on the weekend this year and for some reason the really boring PC Gaming Show is going to be at noon rather than late at night where it belongs as a sleep aid

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think I'm about 2/3 through Little Nightmares. I just got to the third of five levels anyway. It's really good, and I hear the last two levels are way better than the first 3 so I'm super psyched. Comparisons to LIMBO, INSIDE, ODDWORLD, SILENT HILL, and LITTLE BIG PLANET are pretty spot on, it's like someone ripped the guts out of those games and threw them in a blender in a very good way. The puzzles are way more "organic" (pun not intended, I swear) than in INSIDE and I've already had a few of those great "ooohhhhhhhh I get it!" moments.

$20 is arguably steep for the crowded "small creepy child avoids big horrible scary things" genre but the graphics are incredible and also legit nightmarish

It's a strong recommend already.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Quest For Glory II posted:

the e3 thread will be ready to go as soon as ubisoft and nintendo say when they're doing their thing which i'm assuming will be sometime this week

three of the conferences are on the weekend this year and for some reason the really boring PC Gaming Show is going to be at noon rather than late at night where it belongs as a sleep aid

Maybe I'll actually watch this year if it's on the weekend (while playing something)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Has anyone checked Ravi Drums' schedule?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

I'm looking forward to the Nintendo, Sony, and Bethesda conferences. Microsoft's gonna live or die based on whether the Scorpio has games. Ubisoft has burned me on every loving game they released this year so I'm never buying into their horseshit ever again.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Ubisoft puts on Very Special Keynotes that you should not skip.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I ended up liking For Honor so I'll see what Ubisoft's got planned for it through the end of this year.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
People futilely hoping Beyond Good and Evil 2 is announced and then the big reveal is another Tom Clancy game

though I expect it'll be the AC reboot this year

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Didn't they say Beyond Good & Evil 2 is in development again again (again)

e: beaten ^

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm pretty sure Beyond Good and Evil 2 has been announced more times than there are Mario games.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I don't even like Beyond Good and Evil that much and I doubt a sequel would be anything but a huge letdown.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They always contradict anyone who says it's not, but that's it. Coming up on 9 years since the initial teaser which was itself 5 years after the first game.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

I don't even like Beyond Good and Evil that much

mods???????

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If Ubisoft's big thing this year isn't the new Assassin's Creed then I don't know poo poo about video games*

*I probably don't know poo poo about video games anyway

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ubisoft's big thing is being bought out and making assassin's creed an fps

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
If it's a reboot I hope they get rid of the boring modern day sci fi stuff and just make it pure alt history/fantasy

I mean they won't because 5 people on earth still care about the modern day stuff

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I want to know more about the space game you stole the teaser for in Watchdogs 2. That video had way too high production values to have been made specifically for a sidequest in a minor franchise.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Lakbay posted:

I mean they won't because 5 people on earth still care about the modern day stuff

And they're all on the AC writing team.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

precision posted:

mods???????

The stealth was real bad.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
God drat, it's the end of an era. VGCW's final episode is tonight. I fell off after the eighth season, but before then it was a staple of my Tuesday nights, VGCW is genuinely one of the most creative uses of a video game ever. Bazza, the guy who ran it, would create/download custom characters in WWE2K14 and pit them against each other, using the story mode to create elaborate storylines for them. Thing is, he never actually played it, just set the characters to AI and let them go at it, which resulted in some very organic storylines forming. My absolute favorite was Phoenix Wright vs Evil Alternate Dimension Phoenix Wright, with an amazing reveal(first video, then second):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O-KIQ0fbmY&hd=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzLFBSYdFmI&hd=1

Another favorite is definitely when Ash Ketchum absolutely refused to give up and wound up becoming champion after a grueling knock down drag out fight that got even the haters rooting for him, going from one of the most hated jobbers to the people's champion in an instant. It's kind of insane how addictive VGCW wound up being. Also ironic that it was more real than professional wrestling in that the matches weren't predetermined.

Season 10's intro, shows off a wide variety of characters and the robustness of 2K14's character creator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InCQDKdVssg&hd=1

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 9, 2017

Serf
May 5, 2011

haveblue posted:

I want to know more about the space game you stole the teaser for in Watchdogs 2. That video had way too high production values to have been made specifically for a sidequest in a minor franchise.

Wasn't there an article about how it was a real game in development, but things weren't going well and the WD2 team wanted to show it off to drum up interest?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I thought some dude had leaked the promo art for the new AssCreed, revealing that it would in fact be set in Egypt and is coming out this year?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Yes it's set in Egypt and there's a 90% chance Ubisoft will announce it soon since there hasn't been an AC in awhile

Not counting the awful movie

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Lakbay posted:

Not counting the awful movie

Let's be thankful for an Assassins Creed experience that's over in 2 hours.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I'm glad I grabbed Odin Sphere in the anime sale, because the rebalanced game is really fun and holy poo poo is it ever pretty. OS was already a good looking game, but at 1080p it's jaw dropping.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The ancient times Assassin's Creed is a good idea but it really should have gone that direction after Black Flag at the latest.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

egypt and deserts are my least favorite setting in anything. tropical is next

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wow, racist

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
That feeling when work is hosting a game tournament for a game you don't really like and don't play.
But you end up winning all your matches that day anyway. :smith:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Pyramids rule deserts drool

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

haveblue posted:

From what I recall, it was a trailer for a real game that got cancelled/put on hold between that video going into WD2 and release. :lol:

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Sefal posted:

That feeling when work is hosting a game tournament for a game you don't really like and don't play.

What game is it

When I was in high school we spent many a class period playing Quake 3.

Thems were the days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Sefal posted:

People made fun of me when I was younger because I kept beating them in video games so I let them win so they'd stop bullying me :negative:

• Locked thread