Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

p-hop posted:

So basically Enigma from dota, but with a really cool base skin. Count me in.

I want to see the Diablo II druid, and cheesy voice lines between him and Rehgar about wolfs

wait no a D2 assassin would be really fun. Teleport kick, mind blast, lightning sentry. Summon shadow as ult. Talents let you pick up burst of speed or fade as active castables.

algalon's trait would be that certain abilities fade you to the astral realm for a short time which replaces the background texture with stars and causes you to take increased damage from his attacks and abilities

talents to make auto attacks apply it, increase the duration, increase vuln, maybe one that makes collapsing stars leave voids as they die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

So I've added self-assigning roles to the discord server and region specific LFG rooms to make finding a match easier.

http://tinyurl.com/sagoons

After you join, use
code:
+giveme us
code:
+giveme eu
or
code:
+giveme as
to get your region assigned.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

^^^ yes, I did that, but what does it do? Is there a way to message people who are @here and in my region?

Also, a silly thing from Reddit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6CKWLjYf5w

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
So with D.Va's defense matrix. Should you put it over your own teammates, or over the red guys? Or does both work?

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

BrianBoitano posted:

^^^ yes, I did that, but what does it do? Is there a way to message people who are @here and in my region?

Also, a silly thing from Reddit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6CKWLjYf5w

Yes. For example, go to the #lfg-us room, and use @here. That will notify all the @us players. or you can use @us from the #general room.

GenericOverusedName posted:

So with D.Va's defense matrix. Should you put it over your own teammates, or over the red guys? Or does both work?

the red guys.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Nice, thanks. Still gonna use SAGoons in-game chat mostly, but if that's dead I'll check Discord.

Also:
https://i.imgur.com/YmGLQ5e.mp4

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

BrianBoitano posted:

Nice, thanks. Still gonna use SAGoons in-game chat mostly, but if that's dead I'll check Discord.

Also:
https://i.imgur.com/YmGLQ5e.mp4

Amazing

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Now, the next question. Does it prevent damage to any non-Stitches enemies in the area?

Probably not, but that'd be nifty.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Nephzinho posted:

They've already said Fenix is going to have a death mechanic, there was an interview shortly after Leoric where they talked about wanting to space Fenix out from him so that people didnt' feel like they were too similar.

I imagine we won't get Fenix for quite a while since we just got Dva who's got a death mechanic to change forms thing going on. I guess it makes since for them to use it on Dva since I imagine way more people know who she is these days vs a starcraft 1 dude.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Dietrich posted:

So I've added self-assigning roles to the discord server and region specific LFG rooms to make finding a match easier.

http://tinyurl.com/sagoons

After you join, use
code:
+giveme us
code:
+giveme eu
or
code:
+giveme as
to get your region assigned.

Can you turn off @everyone? @here is fine, but @everyone spam is dumb.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
You can turn it off for yourself if you'd like. It's under the server settings option.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm so excited that I will be able to buy D.Va outright with the free gems I got when 2.0 came out :shobon: And I'd still have some left over!

Also I'm in the PTR menu right now and I have no idea if the music that's playing is new or not but it is BUMPIN

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Toshimo posted:

Can you turn off @everyone? @here is fine, but @everyone spam is dumb.

No easy way to do that. The @here and @everyone permissions are one in the same. If they split it out I'll lock down the @everyone and only use it for announcements. For now you can disable getting notified on that for the HOTS GOONS server.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dietrich posted:

No easy way to do that. The @here and @everyone permissions are one in the same. If they split it out I'll lock down the @everyone and only use it for announcements. For now you can disable getting notified on that for the HOTS GOONS server.

That's not really a problem when people can just ping @eu or whatever instead of @here, though.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So I'm doing these 3 games in AI on the PTR to get the gems to buy D.Va to try her out in an actual game (it's the PTR guys just give her to me), and so I figured I'd gently caress around with Alarak. I've tried him before but I just didn't understand him because I didn't get why his ability to push people away from you was all that useful.

:psyduck:

I figured out BY ACCIDENT how that drat move works. I had no idea you held it down and then moved the cursor in the direction you want it to go. There's a lot of moves in this game where I feel like Blizzard isn't super clear on how they work, and this is totally one of those moves. Even with his description where it says "toward the targeted area" I didn't understand what that mean and thought well I just don't get this ability I guess. I feel like the description could do a better job at explaining how that move works. In any case, that move went from me being like ??? to !!!. I want to try Alarak in a real game later now

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

e: ^^^ if you're interested in a hero, check their champion spotlight. Watch it at 2x speed if you don't have 4 minutes to spare. Blizzard should absolutely make things more clear, but in general watching someone else explain the champion is a good way to get some basics down.

Server settings don't matter. If TCJimbo wants to play, you'll get a SA private message, a text, and a telegram.

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 9, 2017

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
A pro tip for potential alarak players, bind self cast W to a side mouse button or something easy to hit. When you self cast telekinesis it always casts on you in the direction you are moving. It makes it so you can always use it to scoot yourself in the direction you're already going 100% of the time without having to worry about dragging the mouse or miss-aiming.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Self cast is also ALT by default so you can just ALT + W to push yourself forward. I saw an Alarak that used his W exclusively to shove himself. It was hilarious. Why shove their one out of position guy into your team when you can shove yourself into the middle of their team?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Alarak seems like the kind of dude who has incredible power and only uses it to gently caress around to get on everyone's nerves so maybe he was role-playing

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

100% of the teams you'll see on PTR will have Alarak/Tyrande/D.Va and I can say that a good Alarak will be very frustrating to play against. His stupid silence thing lasts forever and he does some pretty scary midrange damage for a melee assassin.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

In Hanamura it's fun to be Murky, bribe a turret and set it up near their payload, wait for the solo Greymane or whoever to show up and fish+octograb him within range of the turret so it gets to shoot at him for 3 seconds on top of the octo damage and the fish explosion, then slime his rear end on the way out.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://soundcloud.com/hammehlore/dvabase-pissed-p10-converted

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

Shibawanko posted:

In Hanamura it's fun to be Murky, bribe a turret and set it up near their payload, wait for the solo Greymane or whoever to show up and fish+octograb him within range of the turret so it gets to shoot at him for 3 seconds on top of the octo damage and the fish explosion, then slime his rear end on the way out.

On his way out? All that work and setup and you don't even get a kill?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
the more i play hanamura the more it surprises me how a map like this was produced so late in the games life cycle. the wide open lanes and fighting areas reduce the effectiveness of so many heroes by a precipitous amount. it feels like not much testing went in to it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Relin posted:

the more i play hanamura the more it surprises me how a map like this was produced so late in the games life cycle. the wide open lanes and fighting areas reduce the effectiveness of so many heroes by a precipitous amount. it feels like not much testing went in to it

I feel like that is the least of the issues. A map where some heroes are bad is pretty good design.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I am surprised that they haven't reduced Bribe's value on Hanamura yet though. Make the big camp require 2 bribe stacks and boom, more balanced easy (?) fix. Maybe Blizzard doesn't see Bribe comps win too much to be worrisome.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BrianBoitano posted:

I am surprised that they haven't reduced Bribe's value on Hanamura yet though. Make the big camp require 2 bribe stacks and boom, more balanced easy (?) fix. Maybe Blizzard doesn't see Bribe comps win too much to be worrisome.

Changing mechanics to work differently on a different map would be the worst.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

I had a really bizarre QM game on Hanamura that was 2 tanks, 2 support, medivh vs 3 tanks, 1 support, cassia. It was a ton of fun because the fights never ended and by the time you'd kill one person the last person you killed had already respawned and rejoined the fight. It was just a non-stop brawl that came down to 1-1 core health and was decided by who won the fight over the boss.

It was also the easiest game of Medivh I've ever played and I think I had master's touch finished by level 8.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

BrianBoitano posted:

It's fine because bribe stacks are hard to get on Hanamura and the camps don't push lanes.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Changing mechanics to work differently on a different map would be the worst.

It would still take half as many bribe stacks as it takes on the original bruiser camps. To make it work exactly the same it should require 4.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SKULL.GIF posted:

No I mean we crushed them like seashells beneath our heels. Cho'Gall couldn't get near Leoric without his health dropping like a rock, and since this was Braxis Holdout, that meant they could never really contest the two beacons. We got three straight 100-0s and won in like ten minutes.

Were we in the same stack? Had that happen in one of my games last night and it was hilarious. Exploding bone armor talent against chogall is also fun since it does damage based on max health.

Also to piggyback off the Hanamura sapper discussion earlier (I didn't know Hanamura had that), I also learned last night that the siege units on Towers of Doom will damage the core if they get all the way through.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gustav posted:

It would still take half as many bribe stacks as it takes on the original bruiser camps. To make it work exactly the same it should require 4.

1 guy costs 1 bribe is what I mean when I talk about mechanics

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's fine because bribe stacks are hard to get on Hanamura and the camps don't push lanes.
Depends. Falstad's and Nova's are kinda hard, Brightwing's is frighteningly easy.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

That's ok because Brightwing isn't good

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.

Froghammer posted:

Depends. Falstad's and Nova's are kinda hard, Brightwing's is frighteningly easy.

Nova's isn't too bad because you get stacks from hero kills. Murky's is decent as well because you can drop a W every time you go near a lane to get stacks, and he only needs 8 per charge.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

Kashuno posted:

1 guy costs 1 bribe is what I mean when I talk about mechanics

But that's a terrible metric of the mechanic. You don't bribe "guys", you bribe camps. No one goes to a bruiser camp with 2 bribe stacks to cap 2 guys. On old maps you need 4 before you can go, on Hanamura you need 1, that's how it is.

You can argue it's balanced if you want, but it's inconsistent as all hell.

e: Also not balanced.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gustav posted:

But that's a terrible metric of the mechanic. You don't bribe "guys", you bribe camps. No one goes to a bruiser camp with 2 bribe stacks to cap 2 guys. On old maps you need 4 before you can go, on Hanamura you need 1, that's how it is.

You can argue it's balanced if you want, but it's inconsistent as all hell.

e: Also not balanced.

you do bribe guys? Whether or not it effectively is "I bribe every guy at this camp" is not the point. The point is you need 1 charge for every dude at a camp. You can say "hm they probably shouldn't use the bruiser icon here" and make it like a cross or + or something but not that it should cost more per unit at a camp because that doesn't visually make sense

e; I'm not arguing about balance I'm talking about game/map design.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Polio Vax Scene posted:

That's ok because Brightwing isn't good

BW will become more relevant if D.Va is popular after Lucio's nerf.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

brightwing is pretty good tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Brightwing would be cooler if he was more like Puck (DotA2) tbqh