Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That's some good fuckin tableau

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/Musicnews_feed/status/860198490705711104

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

WW and Superman should never have made that bet. Now they have to sleep in a bed with Old Bat Man.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Well I guess a spitroast was one way to UNITE THE LEAGUE

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
What's with the sudden surge of people dressing up as the Wendy's girl?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Voyager I posted:

What's with the sudden surge of people dressing up as the Wendy's girl?

The person running their Twitter account has been laying some sick burns and got super popular amongst the meme crowd
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/wendys

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

The MSJ posted:

WW and Superman should never have made that bet. Now they have to sleep in a bed with Old Bat Man.

Don't say Batman. Just say old man.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Man, that's a bad idea for anyone involved. Bats is gonna get squished no matter who turns over, and if WW steals the covers, there is NO way anyone is getting em back from her.

Plus, Bats is only used to being out at night all the time, so the poor dude's gonna be awake the whole time listening to everyone snore while there's justice to deal out :(

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

That's simply incredible.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

that's a drat great pic

do you know who those actors are?

i have a vague recollection that they were ukrainians

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Hogge Wild posted:

that's a drat great pic

Unfortunately, no, I don't. I found one picture that said they were a group called Kozacki Cosplay, but I can't find anything else they did.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Prinz Eugen (KanColle)

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Hogge Wild posted:

that's a drat great pic

This is the one with Ukranians

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Unfortunately they forgot to scrub the geotags from the photos and they were nailed by Russian artillery the next day :sadwave:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Standing next to someone of indeterminate height for scale?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

The person next to him is 6'10"

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

AceRimmer posted:

This is the one with Ukranians

haha

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

You're supposed to use the water bottle for scale. It's common knowledge that Master Chief is 14 water bottles high (Deer Park not Desani)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

2B

Final Fantasy XV

Dracule Mihawk and Perona

Deigo Brando

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Katarina (League of Legends) by Apotheosis Cosplay

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A dude in Australia made a full Iron Man costume so he could visit kids in hospital and cheer them up. It's got all the lights, a mouth control in the helmet that lifts the visor, a voice changer that automatically starts when the visor closes and a few more tricks. Here he is at a Starlight foundation charity fundraiser where he walked around in the suit for 3 hours:

http://imgur.com/gallery/vJybi

Oh and he made the suit out of steel, it weighs 37kg (81.5 lbs)

It took him 3 years to finish the project, he had to go on a crazy crash diet earlier this year because he'd put on some weight and he didn't fit in the suit any more. :v:

His imgur gallery: http://imgur.com/user/barryarmstead/submitted

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Amazing...

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Of course he did the beard.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Any videos of him in motion?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The spirit of Ned Kelly lives on.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Who's the ladybug?

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Nuevo posted:

Who's the ladybug?

It's from a kid's show called Miraculous possibly with more title depending on your country of origin, about some kid-superheroes that do the whole magical girl transformation thing.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Any videos of him in motion?

Not a lot yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg8QCPzZvJE

Edit: loving hell, he can't actually see out of the eye holes in the costume because they're full of lights. He's got a tiny little video camera set between the eyes and he has video camera glasses in the visor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMXXa9AztNE

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

FTFY

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Or did you? That is the question.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So I got a question for cosplayers; what do you do with all these extravagant costumes when you're done with them? I'm assuming most people don't have space to just store a bunch of crazy costumes they make over the years so you'd have to get rid of them at some point. Do you just recycle them for other projects, or is there a market for second-hand cosplay?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Not a lot yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg8QCPzZvJE

Edit: loving hell, he can't actually see out of the eye holes in the costume because they're full of lights. He's got a tiny little video camera set between the eyes and he has video camera glasses in the visor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMXXa9AztNE

I can't help but think things like working powered armor won't be the result of DARPA projects, it'll be a cosplayer trying to make their oversized Warhammer suit wearable without overexerting themselves.

"Needed a way to get my Iron Man armor to conventions, easiest way was to make working ion thrusters in it and took six weeks to build."

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I can't help but think things like working powered armor won't be the result of DARPA projects, it'll be a cosplayer trying to make their oversized Warhammer suit wearable without overexerting themselves.

"Needed a way to get my Iron Man armor to conventions, easiest way was to make working ion thrusters in it and took six weeks to build."

Honestly what's keeping powered exoskeletons from being used yet is power storage/efficiency issues. Considering the solution is probably graphene, and you can make that in your backyard if you have no regard for personal safety...

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Kwyndig posted:

Honestly what's keeping powered exoskeletons from being used yet is power storage/efficiency issues. Considering the solution is probably graphene, and you can make that in your backyard if you have no regard for personal safety...

Lose ALL the fingats...

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

When the Cosplay thread meets the bastard child of the Things That Go FOOF In The Night thread and the OSHA thread... :jeb:

Also, for good measure and to bring the Spaceflight thread in, you wouldn't want to use ion thrusters to move anything in-atmosphere; the thrust of high-end ones is about half the thrust needed to levitate a paper clip, and you'll be spending a lot more mass than that on the power/wiring/cooling systems.

Speaking of Warhammer cosplay though, have an Adepta Sororitas by Lady K

Yeah, yeah, boobplate is dumb, but that doesn't make her work any less drat impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Tbh, the boobplate is on the models as well, and just as silly.