Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

suuma posted:

What game is it

When I was in high school we spent many a class period playing Quake 3.

Thems were the days.

Gigantic.
A moba. Game is fine and all but I'm not too big on moba's. I don't play dota or league or any moba really. Is overwatch a moba?

Now next month when the Tekken 7 tournament starts is where i'm going to shine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
In 4th year we were allowed 10 minutes at the end of IT to play games so I installed Unreal Tournament 99 onto all the machines.

That entire year I came 1st in all but 2 of the unreal matches, then some older pupils put counterstrike on all the PCs and my esports careet was dead :(

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Overwatch is not a MOBA.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My choice of college was informed more than I should probably admit by an afternoon spent playing network games with the ACM chapter at one of them.

Now in grade school, we put Bolo on all the Centrises in the computer lab :corsair:

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Ah cool. I thought so.
Company is fine with playing games during work time. Even encourages it.

Every day i'm tempted to open the ports for PS4 Remote play and install FF14 on my work PC
I know I wouldn't get any work done if I did that.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

mutata posted:

Overwatch is not a MOBA.

It has abilities on a cooldown, though, which is all a game needs to get called a MOBA by people who hate them.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
My favorite MOBA is the anime masterpiece Cookie Clicker

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Aren't they all multiplayer online battle arenas? *thinking emoji*

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
What if you only ever play them single player vs ai bots? Are they then just a bunch of noodles?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

People also call overwatch a fighting game which is dumb. It's an FPS. You look down a gun and shoot things

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is anyone buying the game by the original harvest moon guy, it might be cool

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

In Training posted:

People also call overwatch a fighting game which is dumb. It's an FPS. You look down a gun and shoot things

Not always. Sometimes you look down a sword instead and contribute nothing

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's always amazing to me that the stereotype of the Hanzo/Genji slampicker is so universally mocked, yet there are people who still do it in every single game. It's like how guidos and juggalos still exist.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
oh, i remembered there is a MOBA i really enjoyed. Awesomnauts, I think? Got it free with PS+ a few years back. Game owned. Anyone still play it?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It is because every Genji player thinks they are that one-in-a-million Genji solo player who is actually good and styles on the enemy team.

They are not.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

There are more decent Hanzos than Genjis. I'll pick Genji occasionally to kill a turret or jump around because I don't give a poo poo, though.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Is Overwatch a sandwich?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Overwatch is a Good 5 Fun 4 Anime 4 Moba 4 game (G5F4A4M4)

Edit: Sandwich 3

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
What about the waifu rating? I see d.va avatars all over Games

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lakbay posted:

It's because they wish they played video games for a living like she does

edit: Also dva is the worst overwatch character because she live streams her murder sessions while saying videogame lingo like a real psychopath

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Lakbay posted:

Good wives, better husbands though.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

There's also a rollerblading DJ who heals people with magical music speakers, and a gorilla that was born on the moon.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

mutata posted:

and a gorilla that was born on the moon.
I keep forgetting about Winston in particular. It shows that the game can go weirdass places beyond just humans vs robots and I'm pretty excited to see what's next.
What I'm saying is I want a fish man.

Serf
May 5, 2011

FauxLeather posted:

I keep forgetting about Winston in particular. It shows that the game can go weirdass places beyond just humans vs robots and I'm pretty excited to see what's next.
What I'm saying is I want a fish man.

Just add Prince Sidon to the game.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Tell me more

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

But how can we use the fishman when we're busy using robots as a stand in for racism

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I tried playing the JP demo when it popped up and failed miserably since it seems to be an Aquanauts Holiday sort of game and you need to be able to read the language.

Though it has an English demo up with the game's release so I'm going to try it, but it's also strangely on sale on PSN for 25% off which doesn't seem to bode well?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Robots as lower class is a tried and true sci fi trope.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

what's the dang game by the Harvest Moon guy called!!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

What's the dang Harvest Moon guy game called

Birthdays the Beginning, it's not really anything like Harvest Moon though unless you're thinking of farming dinosaurs?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

mutata posted:

Robots as lower class is a tried and true sci fi trope.

I learned from persona 5 that robot means "slave labor" in Russian or something

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

exquisite tea posted:

It's always amazing to me that the stereotype of the Hanzo/Genji slampicker is so universally mocked, yet there are people who still do it in every single game. It's like how guidos and juggalos still exist.

maybe they like having fun op

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

Tell me more

I haven't really been following it/I remember watching some preview for it a few months ago and thinking it looked neat. It's called Birthdays: The Beginning

I think it's some kind of god/simearth type game. I actually didn't know there was a demo though so I'll go try that later

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

oddium posted:

maybe they like having fun op

Not if their chatlogs are to be believed.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

exquisite tea posted:

Not if their chatlogs are to be believed.

One thing overwatch does have in common with mobas is that the text chat is just absolute cancer to a sometimes mind boggling degree! People are incredibly rude to each other sometimes for literally no reason. none. literally none. it's a video game. loving chill out.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sometimes you play a character or class because it's the only one that "clicks" with you.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Sometimes you play a character or class because it's the only one that "clicks" with you.

*stares at my playtime as roadhog and how it's like 10x the length of any of the other characters* :yeah:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

mutata posted:

There's also a rollerblading DJ who heals people with magical music speakers, and a gorilla that was born on the moon.

Overwatch sounds stupid

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

This makes sense because I am a bratty Korean progamer IRL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
and i'm a gorilla

Edit: Man I wish Birthdays the Beginning looked more like the promotion material. I'm itching for a touchy-feely playdough aesthetic.

FauxLeather fucked around with this message at 18:04 on May 9, 2017

• Locked thread