Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Apart for templates, there's not a rule post I've not been happy with. 8th is going to be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

http://i.imgur.com/Fy9MViR.gifv

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

berzerkmonkey posted:

Knob is a dick. Nob is a rich person (i.e. "Nob Hill.") Snob can be a dick or a rich person.

wow look a this loving snob using silent letters gently caress off nob

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

JBP posted:

A dictionary will tell you a nob is a wealthy or powerful individual.

a dictionary will tell you gently caress you

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

kurwa

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

ijyt posted:

wow look a this loving snob using silent letters gently caress off nob

You're bitter since your ban.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

OK dude, this is the second time Mango has posted GamesWerkshop's Twitter feed. It's not like Tyranid fans need any additional source of salt or bitterness. TBH seeing this sort of thing is almost inspiring since I wouldn't put it past old GW to do literally exactly this same unaware sort of thing, but New Games Workshop TM R C even referenced how completely worthless Pyrovores are (and hopefully "were").

You know, I really find this whole 'chicken crossing roads' premise is just dumb. Most chickens are in fenced enclosures, and what kind of farmer builds their enclosures across roads. Just stop.

Also, most priests, rabbis and nuns don't even drink, so why would they be in a bar!

Who ever heard of a genie and why is it's hearing so bad that it can't tell the difference between 'penis' and 'pianist'?

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Mango Polo posted:

Tyranid poo poo train continues.

https://twitter.com/GamesWerkshop/status/861951345393315844

"Choo choo, bitches" says Cruddace.

There's also a special turd hidden there.

Man. Way to keep on kicking Tyranids when they're down. :(

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

berzerkmonkey posted:

You're bitter since your ban.

you don't know me i was born bitter

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

never stop posting games werkshop, this thread owns

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

OK dude, this is the second time Mango has posted GamesWerkshop's Twitter feed. It's not like Tyranid fans need any additional source of salt or bitterness. TBH seeing this sort of thing is almost inspiring since I wouldn't put it past old GW to do literally exactly this same unaware sort of thing, but New Games Workshop TM R C even referenced how completely worthless Pyrovores are (and hopefully "were").

you misspelled gamesworkshop

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Babe Magnet posted:

never stop posting games werkshop, this thread owns

Cocaine party was the best. I'm like nine internets deep in irony now.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Mango Polo posted:

Tyranid poo poo train continues.

https://twitter.com/GamesWerkshop/status/861951345393315844

"Choo choo, bitches" says Cruddace.

Oh man, I wanted to start a Tyranid army. Guess it's time to get some Ultramarines!

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
Not enough context to know if this is good or not. Hoping this makes running death jesters decent. Like the model and the rules for that guy, but that dude dies if he is sneezed at.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Aaah, we can't be talking about the same book. I think your story was from the 5th ed, and the one I mentioned from the 6th, sans Phil Kelly's mitigating presence.
Nah, it's definitely from the 6th ed book.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

JBP posted:

I don't know why I found this so funny but I think it's because it conjured up Guilliman visiting the emperor on the throne and regaling him with the story about the time he punched a Morkanaut so hard it saw the curvature of the earth.

Which is made more impressive that they were on Cadia at the time.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

It just seems weird to me to not allow, for example, your Chaplain not being a part of his own Command Squad.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
This might be a huge boon to things that previously only boosted the squad they were attached to.

Also, I wonder how Lone Wolves will work now.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

TKIY posted:

You know, I really find this whole 'chicken crossing roads' premise is just dumb. Most chickens are in fenced enclosures, and what kind of farmer builds their enclosures across roads. Just stop.

Also, most priests, rabbis and nuns don't even drink, so why would they be in a bar!

Who ever heard of a genie and why is it's hearing so bad that it can't tell the difference between 'penis' and 'pianist'?

I think it's more that the people pretending it's real aren't very funny.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

jadebullet posted:

Also, I wonder how Lone Wolves will work now.

Alone?

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Deptfordx posted:

It just seems weird to me to not allow, for example, your Chaplain not being a part of his own Command Squad.

Maybe you can attach to Command Squads but all the usual Character rules still apply. I dunno though, just guessing.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
Are there people really being tricked by @gameswerkshop in this thread? :psyduck:

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

Pawl posted:

Are there people really being tricked by @gameswerkshop in this thread? :psyduck:

I honestly can't tell anymore. Just as likely everyone believes it's legit.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Pawl posted:

I honestly can't tell anymore; I thought I was helping by responding like a retard to people who seemed to be taken in by shitposts.

Proletariat Beowulf fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 9, 2017

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm not too happy about this change to characters. They still have protection from shooting, challenges are likely gone as they're simply separate units now, and bubble effects are fine, but there's the potential for some weird situations with separate characters.

For example:
I'm going to go ahead and assume that characters can ride in a unit's transport without issues. Let's assume it's an assault vehicle while we're at it. When they all pile out and get ready to charge there'll be two 2d6 rolls. Two points of failure. You could easily wind up with the unit in combat without the character or vice-versa. They gave all characters a little counter-charge ability which is neat, but doesn't help if your target is more than 3" away. This would not have been an issue if they had just tied charges to the movement stat in some way for some reliability. I still think M/2+d6 would be a better solution than 2d6.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
People are being tricked by people pretending to be tricked by @gameswerkshop to elicit people into genuinely being tricked by @gameswerkshop and so are berating the people pretending to be tricked by @gameswerkshop for being tricked by @gameswerkshop when it is, in fact, they that have been tricked.

I hope that clears up matters. Now 'scuse me while I disappear up my own butthole from all this recursive nonsense.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
AM Preview is up: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/09/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-astra-militarum/

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Sadly no Lictor rules yet.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
A little better than the CSM article, but not by much. We at least know that Leman Russes are T8 with 12 wounds, and a pretty generous wound table from the sounds of things.

Also, educated guess, Commissar bonus is gonna be "Kill one dude, disregard any other casualties from moral checks".

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Huh, this one actually had some usable details about the army, unlike that Chaos one. Neat.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

SteelMentor posted:

A little better than the CSM article, but not by much. We at least know that Leman Russes are T8 with 12 wounds, and a pretty generous wound table from the sounds of things.

Also, educated guess, Commissar bonus is gonna be "Kill one dude, disregard any other casualties from moral checks".

I think it won't be that strong. Maybe half wounds from morale or something.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

The thing I'm taking from these is that they were fully aware of units being poo poo but never did anything about it until now (supposedly) because ???

edit: I skimmed over the tourney organizer introduction, figures!

Soulfucker fucked around with this message at 17:26 on May 9, 2017

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
We predicted snipers could target characters, now we know snipers can target characters. That was fast!

Also Rapid Fire 2 sounds terrifying. I can't wait to see it in practice.

The Bee fucked around with this message at 17:26 on May 9, 2017

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

TKIY posted:

I think it won't be that strong. Maybe half wounds from morale or something.

Maybe, definitely going to involve :commissar:ing the nearest redshirt though.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

Soulfucker posted:

The thing I'm taking from these is that they were fully aware of units being poo poo but never did anything about it until now (supposedly) because ???

Because it is hard to balance things when you only get a chance to update things once every 3 years.

I'm hoping that Sentinels are actually going to be good now. I want to make a scout army. The nice thing with formations dying is that finally Forgeworld items will be usable in more than CAD.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

quote:

But here’s one last little tidbit for you, as no conversation about the Guard would be complete without mentioning Orders. One of the Astra Militarum’s most well-known rules mechanics, Orders work automatically now and provide a variety of bonuses. You have 7 to choose from, but the one I want to discuss is ‘First Rank, Fire! Second Rank, Fire!’. This now makes a unit of Astra Militarum infantry treat their lasguns and hot-shot lasguns as Rapid Fire 2; that’s 4 shots per Guardsman at half range! Combined with the fact that every weapon has a chance to hit any target, the much-derided lasgun can now be the deadly laser weapon the Emperor’s armies need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I'm really looking forward to seeing a massive blob of guardsmen vaporize anything within 12 inches.

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.
So looking at the comic again I've found an image of a space marine with no clothes on that I thought you'd all enjoy:

eSportseXpert fucked around with this message at 18:02 on May 9, 2017

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

FiestaNinja posted:

So looking at the comic again I've found an image of a space marine with no clothes on that I though you'd all enjoy:

this is hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Don't do this to me GW. I was out. I WAS OUT. :negative:

• Locked thread