Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Cephas posted:

I realized that the kind panda-giver was none other than Addled Punster of Dragongod Knightking, so I decided to join <<daddy>> :)

I think it's awesome and hilarious that it turned out you're a Goon! This game has some pretty great pets and they're tons of fun to collect. I'm also glad to see my random panda flinging was a hit.

Also you've made a terrible mistake.
Just kidding, DGKK rocks and Baph is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

As a resident of Seattle, there's basically no way the move will make things worse so I welcome it

I will cry if the servers somehow move to Florida

As a resident of Florida,

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Erg posted:

As a resident of Florida,

Florida Dragoon caught dying to titan unsynched, blames new lower lag situation "I moved in too fast"

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Brb starting a Florida man parody account called Florida dragoon

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Farg posted:

Wouldn't Florida Sam fit better?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Florida Goon is just fine

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Farg posted:

I resemble that remark.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Stormgale posted:

Wouldn't Florida Sam fit better?

Perfection

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

homeless snail posted:

jesus warrior, calm down already this isn't healthy

This is just Asuras Wrath enough to make me want to play Warrior. Almost.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Hm, I've been waffling between leveling my WAR or PLD. Looks like my choice is made.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Truga posted:

There was definitely a PLD casting something looking exactly like almost holy in the benchmark.

I saw that, but it looked to me that was something the White Mage had cast on the PLD going off, rather than something the PLD himself was doing.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

WHM Living Bomb skill confirmed. :unsmigghh:

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

WHM Living Bomb skill confirmed. :unsmigghh:

Holy Diver.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Finally we get our Venture Bros crossover.

If could glamor myself as shore leave I might change my name.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Stormgale posted:

Florida Dragoon caught dying to titan unsynched, blames new lower lag situation "I moved in too fast"

This would unironically happen to me a lot if I transferred to europe. I usually move in after dodging AOEs a split second before the marker disappears.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

i am tim! posted:

I saw that, but it looked to me that was something the White Mage had cast on the PLD going off, rather than something the PLD himself was doing.

The WHM hit multiple people, and the PLD was in a casting animation prior to getting hit, that synced up nicely to make a mini-holy.

My money's on the PLD doing it.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The WHM hit multiple people, and the PLD was in a casting animation prior to getting hit, that synced up nicely to make a mini-holy.

What if they're changing cross class skills to require two classes to cast certain things?!?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Wacky Delly posted:

What if they're changing cross class skills to require two classes to cast certain things?!?

Like cross techs from Chrono Trigger??

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I'm convinced now that PLD's real shtick is being an expansion behind the other tanks in skills and abilities.

2.0 PLD had only one full combo while WAR had three.
3.0 PLD gets three combos like WAR and DRK but lacks aoe attacks unlike the other two tanks.
I guess we'll see PLD get a gap closer in 5.0 to match WAR and DRK. :v:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Azubah posted:

Like cross techs from Chrono Trigger??

SAM + DRK X-Slash would be legit.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/323849

This is gonna be great.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

omg are they insane

It's not on the eu site yet. :(

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
They did it for 2.x as well, so they know full well what they're getting into.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
I can't wait for all the low-effort Sloppy entries.

And then the inexplicable, wonderful Hildebrand one (that doesn't win).

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Pld holy gets interrupted on hit

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Klades posted:

We got tank screenshots.
Looks like an AoE weaponskill for PLD there?

I'm going to laugh so hard when it turns out that the thing that obviously looks like a paladin AOE skill is just a defensive buff or something, and paladins go another expansion with no AOE.

And then unsub.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

It probably is the PLD doing it, but we have no idea what it does. I wouldn't really even call it mini holy because that implies it does damage, it looked more like a defensive buff or something to me.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm going to laugh so hard when it turns out that the thing that obviously looks like a paladin AOE skill is just a defensive buff or something, and paladins go another expansion with no AOE.

And then unsub.

:same:

I should have put more effort into DRK earlier. I'm really enjoying leveling that job. Almost level 44 and already more fun than Paladin.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

It probably is the PLD doing it, but we have no idea what it does. I wouldn't really even call it mini holy because that implies it does damage, it looked more like a defensive buff or something to me.

It looks like a mini-holy, and that's an easier name than "Upcoming 4.0 paladin skill that creates a spherical purple/white particle effect in front of the caster with an unknown effect."

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Can't wait for the single target holy paladins

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
I wish I enjoyed playing either of the non-PLD tanks, because then I wouldn't feel like such a useless lump of garbage in dungeons.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

It looks like a mini-holy, and that's an easier name than "Upcoming 4.0 paladin skill that creates a spherical purple/white particle effect in front of the caster with an unknown effect."

At the same time, calling it mini-holy makes paladin sound way cooler than it is, and we can't have that.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

At the same time, calling it mini-holy makes paladin sound way cooler than it is, and we can't have that.

Fair point.

I had a good laugh when I saw their new skill have a cast animation. Warriors get a sweet-rear end charge, Dark Knights get some covering ability, and (hypothetically) Paladins get an AOE skill that will likely get damage-cancelled every time it would be useful.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Rainuwastaken posted:

I wish I enjoyed playing either of the non-PLD tanks, because then I wouldn't feel like such a useless lump of garbage in dungeons.

Don't worry. Dungeons are not really the pinnacle of min/maxers. And chances are, your party members are bringing you down further then the job you rolled in on.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

A fun exercise is to look back at the HW trailer and look at the abilities they revealed there. They made it look like shieldtron worked on nidhogg's fire breath and lol at that.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

If I had to take a wild guess I'd assume that mini-holy is going to be a single target, maybe multi-target damage spell that gives PLD a reason to spend MP in combat, and then the screenshot is showcasing an aoe combo ender or something.

Meanwhile I have no loving idea what's going on in the DRK screenshot. I can't even tell what angle the camera is at.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
That screeshot almost makes me think DRK are getting their own version of Shukuchi, because of course they can teleport from shadow to shadow.

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.

I'm glad they dropped all pretenses and gave WAR as a move.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Terry Hews v Found it! ^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
No, no, it's Eorzea, so the name's gotta be Olde Timey and poo poo.

It'd be "Terry Thews".

• Locked thread