Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I bet Cody's team won't even get a dick-riddled celebration cake at the end of this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/861970776068694016

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

The jab doesn't work

:goonsay:

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

1st AD posted:

The jab doesn't work

:goonsay:

They're milling

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I TRAIN with UFC LEGEND Jeremy Horn

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The horn dog himself.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Wasn't there some Fedor defender arguing that Jeremy Horn should be a top 5 LHW in 2014?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Wasn't there some Fedor defender arguing that Jeremy Horn should be a top 5 LHW in 2014?

that's loving ridiculous. if you're talking about 2017 however

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Ditch posted:

This is literally what Uriah Hall should have as a cornerman.

A Speak and Chael.

Oh gently caress me I need a mirror.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Skip My Posts posted:

I feel like it's hard for some really talented guys to coach since they pick stuff up so much faster than most. tj just seems really into it where he's probably emulating bang ludwig's coaching style

The peak of this was Pettis as coach. Angela Hill asked for clarification about some striking transition he was talking about, and he looked at her like she'd just sprouted a second head, as if to say "What do you mean...how? you just do it."

Work Friend Keven posted:

Man with a losing UFC record on a massive losing streak who exclusively fights on cards headligned by his famous friends: This is on you. I can't help you man.

To be fair, that last part is accurate. If I was a fighter I'd have someone on my payroll who's job it was to ensure Castillo never gave me any advice.

handsome only face posted:

that's loving ridiculous. if you're talking about 2017 however

That was a weird thing. There were people angry when they let Bader go, yelling 'he's a legit top 5'

The weird thing is, they're right, the weirder thing is, that's not a reason to keep him.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Skip My Posts posted:

Cody has seemed fine to me as a coach, they've shown some clips of him going over some technical poo poo with his guys and showing them what he likes to do in a lot of situations. i feel like it's hard for some really talented guys to coach since they pick stuff up so much faster than most. tj just seems really into it where he's probably emulating bang ludwig's coaching style

Most guys who've gone from the UFC to successful coaching careers have been the guys who are short on natural talent and whose styles revolve around clever game planning. Serra is probably the best example. On the other hand, Anderson Silva giving corner advice is hilarious.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

1st AD posted:

I TRAIN with UFC LEGEND Jeremy Horn

I think Jeremy Horn is cool

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Chuck hit him with so many overhands that Horn sat down and thought over the inherent weakness of the jab.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/KelvinGastelum/status/862148861892083713

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Dammit Kelvin. Every time you gently caress up you follow it up with something that brings me right back on the KG Train.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Neurosis posted:

I think Jeremy Horn is cool

He is

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

let me just add this to my list of phrases black people aren't using anymore

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

saying straight fire is lit fam

ya dig homie?

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

the UFC thread by way of Kelvin Gastelum informs me of a new Norm special on netflix :]

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Josuke Higashikata posted:

saying straight fire is lit fam

ya dig homie?

this post is off the hook

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Yeah the white IT dudes are the guys keeping up with the bleeding edge of networking technology and street slang.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
the special is straight fire in the sense that norm macdonald is straight, and wants to set fire to marginalized groups in america.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Foul Fowl posted:

the special is straight fire in the sense that norm macdonald is straight, and wants to set fire to marginalized groups in america.

lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Rumors that UFC signed Gokhan Saki. Crazy

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Skip My Posts posted:

Well it goes without saying he'll throw a much better punch than CM "Phil Brooks" Punk before getting taken down and immediately submitted by some BJJ brown belt we've never heard of.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'll have you know that the punch CM Punk could have knocked the skin off of two thirds of a rice pudding.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

El Roncho posted:

Well it goes without saying he'll throw a much better punch than CM "Phil Brooks" Punk before getting taken down and immediately submitted by some BJJ brown belt we've never heard of.

yeah or it's fake

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

cis autodrag posted:

this post is off the hook

Would you say that it's on fleek?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Embedded 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j6RT3CDIMw

Highlight: https://youtu.be/2j6RT3CDIMw?t=1m38s

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

JaySB posted:

Would you say that it's on fleek?

like eddie alvarez's eyebrows

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/MightyMouseUFC/status/862352725459251201

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Skip My Posts posted:

Lol if true, he can't get through a training camp which is why he doesn't fight

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

I watched Mighty Mouse streaming PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds the other night and he kept referring to his "Mighty Vision" while drinking water from an enormous mason jar that he held with two hands like a child.

So to summarize: MMA is the greatest sport.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I wanna see him wearing every one of them as some sort of belt armor.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

wait, do you actually get another copy of the belt for every successful defense? imagine the grim future where ufc champions are hunted by professional assassins to harvest what precious little gold remains to make electronics with.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

cis autodrag posted:

wait, do you actually get another copy of the belt for every successful defense? imagine the grim future where ufc champions are hunted by professional assassins to harvest what precious little gold remains to make electronics with.

Yeah the belt doesn't pass around. Every fight there's a new belt handed out.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

cis autodrag posted:

You're normally supposed to, mouse has been joke-complaining for awhile that the UFC stopped giving him belts after the third one, apparently they fixed it

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

InfiniteZero posted:

I watched Mighty Mouse streaming PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds the other night and he kept referring to his "Mighty Vision" while drinking water from an enormous mason jar that he held with two hands like a child.

So to summarize: MMA is the greatest sport.

*regular sized mason jar

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Mr. Nice! posted:

I wanna see him wearing every one of them as some sort of belt armor.

i don't know if his crafting skills are high enough

he might have to spend a few months killing pitbulls in the woods just to grind a few more levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah the belt doesn't pass around. Every fight there's a new belt handed out.

That's pretty sweet. I knew each new champion got their own belt (who wants to have a belt Tim Sylvia wore while having sex with what was presumably MFS's locker room sofa), but I hadn't know about them getting one for each defense.

I hope one day MM has enough belts that he will need to hire a private security guard to stay with his dozens of belts at all times.

• Locked thread