Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Someone said something about Gil Scott Heron so I know a non-zero amount about what you guys are talking about in the last few pages.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/presents19337502/houston-rockets-coach-mike-dantoni-having-more-fun-ever

quote:

Early this season, Brewer, who was traded to the Lakers in late February, took a pass on the baseline, drove, spun, shook two defenders with a 360 and missed a point-blank shot at the rim. "Coach, I did my thing," he told D'Antoni, "but then I got to the rim and just ran out of talent."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Just a heads up New Found Glory released a new album.

Jimmy Eat World performed in a club in Sacramento but I'm not a big enough fan of Integrity Blues to pay $50+ a ticket :colbert:

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

dokmo posted:

Someone said something about Gil Scott Heron so I know a non-zero amount about what you guys are talking about in the last few pages.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/presents19337502/houston-rockets-coach-mike-dantoni-having-more-fun-ever

Lol how do you not get some rap exposure just being around basketball all the time

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

DeimosRising posted:

Lol how do you not get some rap exposure just being around basketball all the time

Dokmo can school us all on funk, which is the real baller music.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/862018794989998080

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Eau Chaude Clippers would probably be more apt.

Count Mippipopolous
Apr 10, 2008

Hahah this is rad news.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

EvanTH posted:

Ehhh he was pretty good but he didn't work hard enough on defense. A lot of the times, he didn't even run down the court. And he didn't really try, except during the playoffs.

:golfclap:

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Real talk: Dark Twisted Fantasy was so supremely overrated and the reaction of the critical establishment to an exceedingly okay album was the thing that led Kanye down the path of thinking that he was a genius and believing he could do no wrong which has meant six years of increasingly bad music, culminating in the true piece of poo poo that was Life of Pablo, the musical equivalent of Kobe's last NBA game.

Kanye West is Kobe Bryant: not as good as either he or the basic hypebeasts who worship him think he is.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Basic hypebeast

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Rubio is Public Enemy in that I like him more than any of the players you've mentioned.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

808s and Heartbreak was a goddamned work of art and I will loving fight whoever disagrees.

The free style sucked though.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

roundmidnight posted:

culminating in the true piece of poo poo that was Life of Pablo, the musical equivalent of Kobe's last NBA game.

So do you think life of pablo is good or bad cause Kobes last game was incredible

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

roundmidnight posted:

Real talk: Dark Twisted Fantasy was so supremely overrated and the reaction of the critical establishment to an exceedingly okay album was the thing that led Kanye down the path of thinking that he was a genius and believing he could do no wrong which has meant six years of increasingly bad music, culminating in the true piece of poo poo that was Life of Pablo, the musical equivalent of Kobe's last NBA game.

Kanye West is Kobe Bryant: not as good as either he or the basic hypebeasts who worship him think he is.

lmao

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

roundmidnight posted:

A+ post

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

The best verse on MBDTF was Nickis, too

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

Metapod posted:

So do you think life of pablo is good or bad cause Kobes last game was incredible

Each were spectacular car crashes that consumed the media and would have been a consummate failure for anyone else but the person doing it and any appreciation was only based on the reputation of the person doing it.

Edit: also, notice that both faded from cultural relevance extremely quickly because everyone secretly knows it was bad

roundmidnight fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 9, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Kevin Garnett is DMX
James Posey is Memphis Bleek
Alex Len is Tupac
Steve Blake is Kodak Black
Jon Leueur is Lil Yachty

Ghost Dog posted:

ty lue's reaction https://gfycat.com/PeskyDarlingIchidna

karl malone isnt immortal or anything

Hahaaha I wish Lebron's paternity was still a mystery so this was still true

Declan MacManus posted:

Illmatic aged really badly and is pretty homophobic

Also Takeover is way better than Ether

Takeover is a terrible song
You can't call people fags or bitches or anything anymore, so you have to insult them by doing an impression of the way they walk and talk in a laughing way

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 9, 2017

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Dre is Red Auerbach

Elgin Baylor is Grandmaster Flash

Matt Barnes is Too Short

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Which NBA player is Shyne?

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Ray Charles made some great and terrible country records and if I had the energy I could relate that to the Chicago Bulls season somehow.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

RCarr posted:

Jason Williams? The one who shot his limo driver, not the white one
Shyne was also the son of the president of a country so it's hard to find a match.
Probably one of those ABA guys who had killed someone

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

EvanTH posted:

Ehhh he was pretty good but he didn't work hard enough on defense. A lot of the times, he didn't even run down the court. And he didn't really try, except during the playoffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ2GQgs0MR4&t=50s

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Constellation I posted:

Y'all listing rap albums like posers while I sit here and listen to Rob Thomas like a real NBA fan.

Should have been called Matchbox 24 because that's how many hours a day I listen to them.

roundmidnight posted:

All his albums are classics, and MBDTF allowed him to make Yeezus aka the best album of all time.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Dejan Bimble posted:

Hahaaha I wish Lebron's paternity was still a mystery so this was still true

yeah but if the lie is better believe it, just like Shoot It You loving Midget isnt apocryphal and kobe really did call him bitch parker

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Declan MacManus posted:

Illmatic aged really badly and is pretty homophobic

Also Takeover is way better than Ether

On a page where someone called Nas a one hit wonder, you somehow made the dumbest loving post.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

roundmidnight posted:

Each were spectacular car crashes that consumed the media and would have been a consummate failure for anyone else but the person doing it and any appreciation was only based on the reputation of the person doing it.

Edit: also, notice that both faded from cultural relevance extremely quickly because everyone secretly knows it was bad

I mean all music fades from "cultural" relevance quickly nowadays. Different media and music environment.

I still bump, ULB, FSMH 1, Famous, FML, Real Friends, No More Parties and Fade frequently.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

The best verse on MBDTF was Nickis, too

Also lmao. You want to talk about overrated.

Pusha T's verse on Runaway > Ross's verse on Devil in a New Dress > Pusha's verse on So Appalled > Nicki on Monster.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

RCarr posted:

Amar'e

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I am so far out of my element with the current discussion.

The only thing I can add is that I guess Dre would be like Doc Rivers or Stan van Gundy or Tom Thibs. He is a fantastic producer but is bad at actually rapping himself.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I don't know how I didn't think of this.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

IT2 is Bushwick Bill.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Zaza Pachulia is Bubba Sparxxxxxxxxxxxx (they are both from Georgia)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Steve Nash is Paul Wall (The People's Champ).

He's similar to an ant because he's low to the earth.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Did Steve Nash drive slow?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Steve Nash is Timbaland because his production gave other people some of their best years ever and he's actually mentioned by Nelly Furtado in her song ""Promiscuous" with Timbaland, bringing the comparison full circle.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
No way Tony Parker is Tony Parker though
(Cedric Ceballos is Cedric Ceballos)

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
The last few pages are telling me that everyone here is in the Best Posting Shape of Their Life heading into the upcoming offseason

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Steph Curry is Dana Barros

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Dwight Howard is kodak black. Look up the documents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

The last few pages are telling me that everyone here is in the Best Posting Shape of Their Life heading into the upcoming offseason

Basketball offseason is actually awesome. Last year the 3 Alphas were put together.

The doldrums of the second round of the playoffs is the only time we have to go off the rails, because nothing interesting is happening until the 2 weeks of the Cavs Warriors finals we get.

• Locked thread