Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

There was a new Dev Diary about new Casus Belli that will accompany the next big patch. Also, a new expansion is already underway.

Holy poo poo, this is a game-changer for Christian nations. No more waiting for claims, just pay a chunk of money and prestige to say "gently caress you, gimme all your poo poo".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bloody Pom posted:

Holy poo poo, this is a game-changer for Christian nations. No more waiting for claims, just pay a chunk of money and prestige to say "gently caress you, gimme all your poo poo".

Someone is going to need to do a serious re-write of the quick Ireland start.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Hot drat those are some sweet CBs

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

There was a new Dev Diary about new Casus Belli that will accompany the next big patch. Also, a new expansion is already underway.

Wonder how they're going to deal with the fact that the best way to get out of a "free hostage" CB is to just execute the hostages. :smith: Maybe a free "revenge" CB that you can fire right away? If you abducted my daughter and then killed her once I raised the banners I'm sure as poo poo not going to just take my men and head home.

Basically, I want to be Liam Neeson from Kingdom of Heaven combined with Liam Neeson from Taken.

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 9, 2017

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

ninjahedgehog posted:

Wonder how they're going to deal with the fact that the best way to get out of a "free hostage" CB is to just execute the hostages. :smith: Maybe a free "revenge" CB that you can fire right away? If you abducted my daughter and then killed her once I raised the banners I'm sure as poo poo not going to just take my men and head home.

Well, executing the hostages means that they no longer have a hostage preventing you from using other CBs against them.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
It would be pretty lame if they executed the hostages so you had to disband all of your levies and raise them again to continue the war with a new CB.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
You know, it's probably too late in the cycle to do it now, but CK3 totally needs to have a start in the 400's just so the game can boast that it spans from the fall of Rome, to the fall of Rome.

:v:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

BenRGamer posted:

You know, it's probably too late in the cycle to do it now, but CK3 totally needs to have a start in the 400's just so the game can boast that it spans from the fall of Rome, to the fall of Rome.

:v:

How do you feel about 100 extra provinces in the middle of the Sahara, my dude?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Rather than a CB to free hostages I'd rather there were plots for trying to break them out of captivity. Of course with a risk of the hostage not surviving the breakout attempt, the risk being higher depending on whether they are in house arrest, prison or the oubliette.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Knew that existed, dunno how well it works with other mods, though, which is my sticking point.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

AG3 posted:

Rather than a CB to free hostages I'd rather there were plots for trying to break them out of captivity. Of course with a risk of the hostage not surviving the breakout attempt, the risk being higher depending on whether they are in house arrest, prison or the oubliette.

There is one with the intrigue focus, although it's kind of hard to get it to work well.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

The Cheshire Cat posted:

There is one with the intrigue focus, although it's kind of hard to get it to work well.

I don't have that DLC so that would explain why I've never seen it :v:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

AG3 posted:

I don't have that DLC so that would explain why I've never seen it :v:

There's your problem.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
"Wait, why are VENICE raiding me?"

"huh that's not right"

"oh. Well now I just have more questions."

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
"Surely it'll be just like EUIV!" I said to myself as I launched CK2 for the first time and closed the tutorial window

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

buglord posted:

"Surely it'll be just like EUIV!" I said to myself as I launched CK2 for the first time and closed the tutorial window
This but the other way around

Also hot diggedy those CBs. Maybe being Christian won't be a tedious slog compared to Pagans!

Though it is amusingly, a kinda of further indirect nerf to defensive pagans~

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost
Finally decided to buy Horse Lords! It's 785 as an Uyghur vassal. I have a horde of two thousand, and the Buddhist duke I'm eyeing is independent and has half my army. Tribute time!

They respond by conjuring up 4k troops (1.7k heavy infantry) and rolling me. How do I make this not happen?

Soho Joe fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 9, 2017

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

buglord posted:

Yeah I had that issue going the other way :v:

Related, everyone that told me that my CK2 skills would transfer right over can go gently caress a cactus.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Soho Joe posted:

Finally decided to buy Horse Lords! It's 785 as an Uyghur vassal. I have a horde of two thousand, and the Buddhist duke I'm eyeing is independent and has half my army. Tribute time!

They respond by conjuring up 4k troops (1.7k heavy infantry) and rolling me. How do I make this not happen?

I think all Indian religions have access to their holy orders from the start, so just make sure that you're opponent doesn't have the money or piety to hire anyone.

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost

Technowolf posted:

I think all Indian religions have access to their holy orders from the start, so just make sure that you're opponent doesn't have the money or piety to hire anyone.

Thanks, I've never been near Indian religions before!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Soho Joe posted:

Thanks, I've never been near Indian religions before!

Put your horse into pillage mode, burn them down entirely. Pack them up and leave, immediately​ doing a uturn right back into the province. The day before your guys are due to arrive, pause the game and declare war. Your guys will arrive to find no levies and a depleted garrison that you can just assault siege.

Or just wait for one of their neighbors to call up the holy order and declare on your target. But since I'm lazy I just preemptively pillage them before actually attacking. Once you're strong enough you won't need to do those kind of shenanigans, but until then you need to preserve your horde at all costs.

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009

binge crotching posted:

Put your horse into pillage mode, burn them down entirely. Pack them up and leave, immediately​ doing a uturn right back into the province. The day before your guys are due to arrive, pause the game and declare war. Your guys will arrive to find no levies and a depleted garrison that you can just assault siege.

Or just wait for one of their neighbors to call up the holy order and declare on your target. But since I'm lazy I just preemptively pillage them before actually attacking. Once you're strong enough you won't need to do those kind of shenanigans, but until then you need to preserve your horde at all costs.

That makes such a funny mental picture. A giant warband of horsemen ravage the area, plunder all the valuables, and they eventually leave. Just as the villagers begin to piece their lives back together, feel safe, and start to rebuild, they immediately return and say "Haha jk we want to own you and your land too."

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Honestly that sounds pretty historically accurate :v:

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost
Round Two: I can kick your Holy Order's rear end because now I understand how nomad manpower works. Several thousand horse idiots in one row with a monster commander will solve anything.

Now to experiment and see if I can just revoke everything in my dumb kingdom with brute force and start with a new set of pacifiable clans. I have 3,000+ gold from pillaging holdings so I'm not afraid of a temporary tax lull or a sudden RNG army.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

You absolutely can revoke everything. You're better off ignoring your vassal clans while purging everyone else. Burn it all down, give each clan their own single province so you don't get minor clan uprising revolts, and turn the rest of the world into grazing grounds.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Current guy has all the seven virtues (that took a while), is appointed to lead the benedictine order, posessed by Satan and hears "Jesus" giving orders in his head. Must be really fun hanging out with him.

Actually, the current benedictine leader is also posessed. What gives? The satanic people are next door, guys :v:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Double post, but this just happened to AI France in my Abyssinia game:

:eyepop: It's 776.:psypop:

McGavin fucked around with this message at 05:33 on May 11, 2017

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
Man, those CBs are great. I might actually care about playing a Christian that's not in Iberia or Ethiopia now :v:

Though, wait, come to think being a christian might be less boring when I can convert to satanism and kidnap people to burn them alive. I've somehow managed to basically ignore all the M&M features.

spectralent fucked around with this message at 13:06 on May 11, 2017

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Jiru posted:

Current guy has all the seven virtues (that took a while), is appointed to lead the benedictine order, posessed by Satan and hears "Jesus" giving orders in his head. Must be really fun hanging out with him.

Actually, the current benedictine leader is also posessed. What gives? The satanic people are next door, guys :v:
I think there is crossed wires because its occasionally used for Jesus possessed you and occassionally for a demon possessed you and the whole trick is that even if you believe the first, the establishment church would believe the second. But I think some events and the whole thing that its a pitchfork kind of tipped the scales to all satan all the time.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

McGavin posted:

Double post, but this just happened to AI France in my Abyssinia game:

:eyepop: It's 776.:psypop:

yeah, IIRC one of the recent patches quietly added the last Merovingian as an unlanded monk in Rouen or something, with strong claims on West and Middle Francia. Never seen the AI put him on the throne though, that's awesome.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Normally he can't hold a title because of the Monk trait. I didn't know that it was possible to lose it.

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.

McGavin posted:

Normally he can't hold a title because of the Monk trait. I didn't know that it was possible to lose it.

A monk can't inherit a title but they can still have their claim pressed.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
They will also lose the monk trait if they win which allows them to marry as well.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Are there any other famous dynasties quietly hanging around with just a couple of members? I know the Habsburgs, Hohenzollerns, and the Solomons all exist at certain points. Apparently the Bonapartes were first recorded in Italy around the 1200s but as far as I know they're not in the game.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

The Cheshire Cat posted:

They will also lose the monk trait if they win which allows them to marry as well.

I turned the guy into the Duke of Kent (and then started playing as him) and a faction rebelled against Karl to put me on the throne of West Francia, and won. And then a faction rebelled against Karloman to put me on the throne of Middle Francia and at that point I considered the experiment over.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I had one of those "your (relative) is sick" events pop up, but I was only able to select "death comes for us all, don't pester me anymore." I think I'm depressed, but can't remember because I'm at work, would that be the reason, or is it my lunacy?

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Chakan posted:

I think I'm depressed, but can't remember because I'm at work

Story of my life tbh

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

mrpwase posted:

Story of my life tbh

I was thinking about that while I typed it, but it's warm and sunny out now, so I'm not that way right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Chakan posted:

I had one of those "your (relative) is sick" events pop up, but I was only able to select "death comes for us all, don't pester me anymore." I think I'm depressed, but can't remember because I'm at work, would that be the reason, or is it my lunacy?

I know you only get the one option if you have no court physician, but I'm not sure if depressed does something similar.

• Locked thread