Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

JuniperCake posted:

fixed it for you.

Not saying one punch man is bad, rather that mob psycho is just that amazing.

I get it, but I have to disagree. While mob is absolutely fantastic, it just doesn't have quite the same punch to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The manga for the two are close to the same level of quality. Mob's anime was definitely significantly better than OPM's, even though OPM's anime was really drat good.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It was a close call, but Reigen Arataka knocked the ball into another ballpark.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Controversial opinion: I liked the mob and opm animes roughly equally

Very controversial opinion: I prefer the opm anime over the opm manga

Extremely controversial opinion: I do not have any particular interest in reading the opm webcomic

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mob psycho bores me to death.

With that said it is very good and well written.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I couldn't even finish the Mob anime. It just seemed super conventional in comparison to its own OP and also OPM.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Mob Psycho 100 was the best anime of 2016, a year of fantastic anime.

In contrast, the OPM anime feels drab to me and it wasn't until I started reading the Murata version that I was def sold on something I wanted to continue to follow. Like the idea of a Season 2 of OPM this year does nothing for me, but god please give me more Mob

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I feel like Mob pays off its main character far more than OPM does. Mob refusing to use his abilities against Teru was far more interesting than anything in One Punch Man. ONE touches on Saitama's numbness occasionally but as of yet hasn't really written that much about it. Also Saitama only might be the strongest hero on the planet but I KNOW Reigen Arataka is the world's greatest psychic (self-proclaimed).

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Mob's (early mob spoilers) failing to not use his powers against Teru, where after he just curls up and cries about how he hasn't improved while silently repairing the school in some attempt to fix what he's done was an incredible moment to me and sold me hard that Mob Psycho had something fuckin special to it, and it's consistently proved that to me.

OPM's showing of What It Means To Be A Hero is fun and inspiring and gives us great moments like these last couple chapters, but Mob Psycho's meditations on What It Means To Be A Good Person Who Wants To Improve has been wonderfully sincere and honest that it's no wonder how it's ONE's main focus and im glad for it

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mob Psycho also has my wonderful friends the Body Improvement Club, who are beautiful people.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Mob psycho has better drama. Opm has better comedy.

Mob has good comedy. Opm has good drama.

Both are good in ways that are somewhat comparable but not quite, as while they're both good at the same things, each has more specific strengths within that.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Mob never ate an opponent after killing them.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I think Saitama is a funny and very entertaining character, but Mob is an exceptionally lovable and compelling one. They're both stories about extremely powerful characters who have detached feelings about their incredible might, but Mob is vulnerable in ways that Saitama is not, and I think that is what sets such different tones for the different stories.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Moltrey posted:

Mob's (early mob spoilers) failing to not use his powers against Teru, where after he just curls up and cries about how he hasn't improved while silently repairing the school in some attempt to fix what he's done was an incredible moment to me and sold me hard that Mob Psycho had something fuckin special to it, and it's consistently proved that to me.

OPM's showing of What It Means To Be A Hero is fun and inspiring and gives us great moments like these last couple chapters, but Mob Psycho's meditations on What It Means To Be A Good Person Who Wants To Improve has been wonderfully sincere and honest that it's no wonder how it's ONE's main focus and im glad for it

Look pal if I wanted to read a better written version of my own opinions I'd stop eating paste.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Schwarzwald posted:

This is why Evangelion will have more hardcore fans than Mob.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

is there a version of mob that is readable and not the poorly drawn one

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, it's called Mob Psycho 100 by ONE

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
If you can read Hark, a vagrant you can read Mob Psycho 100.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mob Is an ongoing story that constantly acknowledges events and experiences from previous parts. It's also very much about character growth. Mob learning how to have and process an emotion, Ritsu's inferiority complex with his lack of psychic powers, Reigen's mooching off Mob's abilities.

OPM tends to operate more on arcs rather than anything.

Mob is the Count of Monte Cristo.

OPM is Dragonball Z.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I also like the OPM manga better than the anime and hope this arc flows a lot better when animated

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

I also like the OPM manga better than the anime and hope this arc flows a lot better when animated

Yeah, same. I mean, the OPM anime people didn't get to train in the mountains with monks for 22 years so I can understand some stuff not translating as well. But still.

What could've been.

Conversely, I don't have any issues with the tournament's pacing.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
It's been said before, but the pacing of the tournament wouldn't seem so bad if the releases were more regular. It'll probably take, like, 2 episodes of an anime, if it's covered at all.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Yeah the entire Suiryu beat-down took 3 months in the manga, but in the anime it's not gonna take more than 10 minutes.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Schwarzwald posted:

Then how did Mob get so strong?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

tap my mountain posted:

Then how did Mob get so strong?

He's been mentored.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Also Pig God.

Whenever the question 'but how does x get stronger without eating their opponents?' comes up the answer is either lame, or Pig God.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

SpacePig posted:

It's been said before, but the pacing of the tournament wouldn't seem so bad if the releases were more regular. It'll probably take, like, 2 episodes of an anime, if it's covered at all.

It's even more agonizing for a ONE reader because th entire tournament is new stuff. It's still good but I've been waiting to see the next arc for a long time!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Death Bot posted:

It's even more agonizing for a ONE reader because th entire tournament is new stuff. It's still good but I've been waiting to see the next arc for a long time!

You've already seen it though.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
I want to see it redrawn though.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i wish saitama would serious series: serious strike the entire sonic franchise as a concept

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Latest issue apparently just landed, and while it's untranslated, holy poo poo it's happening. Finally!

For those wanting a preview;
https://twitter.com/tonarinoyj/status/862643014459506688

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 13:43 on May 11, 2017

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Oh you stupid giant horned martial artist monkey. You shouldn'ta ripped out his hair. Baldness is the path to ultimate power after all.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I love you caped baldy

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So good.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
chapters out.

Elentor posted:

So good.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

:kimchi:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I was listening to the Persona 5 OST while reading this chapter, and Will Power kicked in right as I reached the last page, and I am so loving pumped right now

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Lots of very cool panels in manga today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Nice to see Bakuzan ignored the advice he was just given from someone stronger then him.