Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

She got asked the one question that every female politician always gets asked in these puff pieces that always annoys me because it's never asked of male politicians. "Do you do the cooking? Can you cook?"

Also an anecdote about how her shoes inspired someone to get a job in parliament, and how she is a role model for young women wanting to get into politics because they can look at her and see a woman who likes shoes and emphasise with her.

It was poo poo, she's going to get a bump from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

I'm not sure that interview managed to humanise Theresa May any, unless appearing deeply boring is a valuable human trait.

The Guardian did pick up on one thing though - Phillip let slip that May first mentioned becoming PM when she joined the cabinet.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Jose posted:

the guy who tried to scam ladbrokes on twitter is a sov cit with a series of him getting arrested lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx74EYZ06Es

This fits my needs.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

jabby posted:

The Guardian did pick up on one thing though - Phillip let slip that May first mentioned becoming PM when she joined the cabinet.

Presumably that is pretty much the endgame of any senior politician though? Its not exactly some house of cards thing or something.

I didn't watch it, was it Matt Baker, I seem to remember him ambushing Cameron a bit once before, asking how he slept at night. No such shenanigans?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The nearest they came was a question about whether things were becoming more presidential. Otherwise it was completely softball all the way.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Shame, although I suppose it was too much to expect countryfile to come through and save us all. He probably hunts foxes.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Every day that the Daily Mail front page is not wanking over May until the election I will be really nice to everyone in here

*excluding DM disasters like Queens death/Maddie lookalike found/etc

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

learnincurve posted:

I googled, one of them is 19 that kid and another one is 20. I found two buttons Facebook before my iPad died and he has quite the neckbeard in some of the photos.

The questions why and how still remained unanswered.

With corbyn in charge, even kids can beat labour.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Mu. posted:

Steve Rotheram was my MP, and I voted for him for Metro Mayor with a heavy heart because I did not want that fat bag of shite Joe Anderson as my next MP. I'm glad he was pipped to the post by literally anyone.

Fatshaming should be against the rules

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
What is so wrong about fox hunts anyway?

Is it just some kind of tantrum to spite the rich / traditional people who like to do it?

Those big countryside fox hunts with all the dogs and all the people in their red coats and stuff, it's a staple of what it means to be British.

That country life stuff is probably the last thing Britain has going for it.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Jose posted:

the guy who tried to scam ladbrokes on twitter is a sov cit with a series of him getting arrested lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx74EYZ06Es

The solution with bailiffs is to ring the police and don't open the door to them

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

hakimashou posted:

Is it just some kind of tantrum to spite the rich / traditional people who like to do it?

Those big countryside fox hunts with all the dogs and all the people in their red coats and stuff, it's a staple of what it means to be British.

what is actually wrong with you you sick genocide apologist gently caress, get torn apart by dogs yourself and spare us your posting

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Spangly A posted:

what is actually wrong with you you sick genocide apologist gently caress, get torn apart by dogs yourself and spare us your posting

Millions of animals live ghastly horrible lives and then die for the meat in the food people eat.

Nature is red in tooth and claw.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

hakimashou posted:

Yeah alright.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

The solution with bailiffs is to ring the police and don't open the door to them

your red text is extremely specific

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Jose posted:

your red text is extremely specific

There's a UKMT redtexter with a very strange sense of humour.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Darth Walrus posted:

There's a UKMT redtexter with a very strange awesome sense of humour.

fixed that for you

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

hakimashou posted:

You really are utterly ignorant of everything about British society and culture, aren't you?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

hakimashou posted:

gently caress off Nazi oval office.

Anyway, here's someone with an equally terrible take as the Nazi oval office here

https://twitter.com/MaxWindCowie/status/862047021531791360

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Darth Walrus posted:

You're telling me.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

i know but that one in particular is unusual within the confines of this thread

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Was down the pub the other day in my rural, tory safe seat, leave voting community and struck up conversation with a family friend of some years, in fact I attended his 70th a few years back, free bar, donations to the air ambulance as, well, there's charity and there's charity where you end up with your on call emergency helicopter as you approach old age.

Anyway he didn't have much of a view on fox hunting, badgers was the issue. He reckoned he'd never seen a badger until his fifties and now he saw one a week squashed by the road side. I agreed it was high time we instigated some sort of badger road safety awareness campaign and would speak with the parish council next meeting.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I didn't watch it, was it Matt Baker, I seem to remember him ambushing Cameron a bit once before, asking how he slept at night. No such shenanigans?

You mean the greatest moment in One Show history?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbcACpriZ9s

I hate they let her off so easy. This is her way around dealing iwth the fact that she needs to get on TV, but doesn't want to actually have to debate or discuss issues, and also she's an awful scary monster. There's no heavy policy discussion, just comfy sofa chat and jokes about who does the washing up.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

It's not really a secret that the Tories pushed for the One Show bit to be done before any other tv appearances, with the understanding if the BBC stitched them up they would pull out of the others.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Enjoy the juxtaposition:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Theresa May should get in the bin

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

I have some time for softball interviews on occasion. You can often learn more when it's less adversarial. Conditions are that everyone gets a go and the gloves are off at other times.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

anyone still awake i recommend checking the washington post website because lol

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Julio Cruz posted:

Enjoy the juxtaposition:

Entirely self-inflicted. All he would have to say is 'yeah we're definitely leaving' and there's no story (well, the story would be how he told buzzfeed he wouldn't be resigning, then lied about it and banned buzzfeed from Labour events, then Buzzfeed releasing the tape).

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Alchenar posted:

Entirely self-inflicted. All he would have to say is 'yeah we're definitely leaving' and there's no story (well, the story would be how he told buzzfeed he wouldn't be resigning, then lied about it and banned buzzfeed from Labour events, then Buzzfeed releasing the tape).

I think it's more the juxtaposition that Corbyn is pressed repeatedly on serious issues and is never allowed any leeway to dodge the question, whereas May takes only pre-approved questions from journalists, doesn't answer them, and this is never reported as a serious issue. She is even allowed to outright lie, for example by making false claims about Ed Miliband's energy price freeze, and it is not reported. Meanwhile an evasive (and admittedly stupid) answer from Corbyn is dramatic enough to top the six o'clock news.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jose posted:

anyone still awake i recommend checking the washington post website because lol

America is spectacular. It can always be worse I suppose.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MusingsOfDCC/status/862072555259256833

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

The dreaded Labour anonymous source.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
After voting in tory council after tory council and pissing on the poor in Poole & Bournemouth for decades...

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15274431.Visitors_are__urinating_in_multi_millionaires__gardens__after_council_closed_public_toilets/

quote:

Visitors are 'urinating in multi-millionaires' gardens' after council closed public toilets

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

jabby posted:

The dreaded Labour anonymous source.

AKA Simon Danczuk talking to a Telegraph reporter

e: probably, maybe

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Private Speech posted:

AKA Simon Danczuk talking to a Telegraph reporter

Shortly before saying 'please give me a job'.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

This is incredible. If they want to lose their seat that badly just don't stand again. But putting these rumours around this close to the election? Clearly smart, rational actors.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

jabby posted:

I think it's more the juxtaposition that Corbyn is pressed repeatedly on serious issues and is never allowed any leeway to dodge the question, whereas May takes only pre-approved questions from journalists, doesn't answer them, and this is never reported as a serious issue. She is even allowed to outright lie, for example by making false claims about Ed Miliband's energy price freeze, and it is not reported. Meanwhile an evasive (and admittedly stupid) answer from Corbyn is dramatic enough to top the six o'clock news.

Exactly. One the one had you've got Laura Kuenssberg taking a hatchet to Corbyn where whatever answer he gives is going to be spun into bad news for him, and on the other you've got Alex Jones lobbing softball questions to Theresa May about who does the washing up at home in an attempt to make her seem like an actual non-terrible human.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Julio Cruz posted:

Alex Jones lobbing softball questions to Theresa May

I'd have watched this interview.

edit: poo poo he is actually called Alex Jones, outed in my non-One Show watching status

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

jabby posted:

Shortly before saying 'please give me a job'.
Unless they were a 17 year old intern, in which case there was probably a qualifying word in there too.

e: I would pay to watch a crazy conspiracy show with the One Show's Alex Jones.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 10, 2017

• Locked thread