Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Marvel's trying a brave new strategy, introducing a truly awful show so even haters will accept Agents Of SHIELD as great by comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

TwoPair posted:

Marvel's trying a brave new strategy, introducing a truly awful show so even haters will accept Agents Of SHIELD as great by comparison.

I thought they did that two months ago.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
it's just not the same when you can binge-watch it.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
I like their strategy of "Ramsey Snow is back and this time he's a supervillain."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I_htkGJAZ4

Featuring snackokinesis

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And a pretty baller looking effect for what I assume is Blink's portals?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I feel like that "The" improves the title quite a bit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oooh, Fred and Vampire Beeeeel.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Entertainment Weekly has reported that a Judge Dredd TV show is in development.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/10/judge-dredd-tv-show/

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Donald Glover is bringing an animated Deadpool to FXX. He and his brother will be writing, producing and act as showrunners.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Endless Mike posted:

I would love this, but I really want Urban to remain Dredd.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

I would love this, but I really want Urban to remain Dredd.

He's done tv before!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

ha, the great centerpiece of imagination is not needing a quarter, peak Singer

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

He's done tv before!

Oh yeah I forgot about that one robot show on Fox.

I really hope Dredd is on something like HBO or Showtime though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dredd on... ABC Family!

He fights for family and lives to love.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How many years in a row has Fox had a first season future cop show get cancelled?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

zoux posted:

How many years in a row has Fox had a first season future cop show get cancelled?

Does Terra Nova count?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Broadcast television would be a death sentence for Dredd. Might as well not even bother. Streaming services or Premium channels would be best.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

ToastyPotato posted:

Broadcast television would be a death sentence for Dredd. Might as well not even bother. Streaming services or Premium channels would be best.

I could see something like AMC or FX(X). Very little profanity and nudity, almost all violence so it would pass easily on those two under those standards.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

I actually liked that show and was sad to see it cancelled. :shrug:

They need to do everything possible to convince Urban to reprise the role for tv.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Endless Mike posted:

Unless this is either campy as gently caress or violent as gently caress or ideally both, I'm not down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U00p0LNZOpw

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The team concept is probably partly a conceit to court broadcast partners with a procedural element ("It's like NCIS with hovercars!") and also because Dredd as a character is a hard sell in a TV series because he's necessarily mysterious and doesn't change much. Keep the helmet on and every US network will poo poo themselves at the idea of a leading man who we never see the pretty eyes of. Having, say, Anderson as the ostensible lead makes it an easier sell.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I actually liked that show and was sad to see it cancelled. :shrug:

They need to do everything possible to convince Urban to reprise the role for tv.

I liked it too! I just forget the name.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

I liked it too! I just forget the name.

Almost Human, I think.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Endless Mike posted:

Interesting, I'll definitely want to see how this works out.

Lurdiak posted:

Unless this is either campy as gently caress or violent as gently caress or ideally both, I'm not down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U00p0LNZOpw

Weren't there three Robocop TV series? One animated and two live-action? I thought I'd heard that one of them was pretty good and the others... weren't.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Almost Human, I think.

Was that the one which decided to make it really clear it was in a fantastical future by having the Washington football team renamed to something not racist?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

catlord posted:

Interesting, I'll definitely want to see how this works out.

Weren't there three Robocop TV series? One animated and two live-action? I thought I'd heard that one of them was pretty good and the others... weren't.

2 Animated and one live action. 80s and 90s both had an animated series attempt. There was TV movies or miniseries or something like that after the show as well though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There was actually a 2001 live action one and that's the lovely one. The lead was too short to fit in the original movie costume they had on loan so they just cut the loving legs off of the original GOD drat MOVIE COSTUME FOR loving ROBOCOP

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

There was actually a 2001 live action one and that's the lovely one. The lead was too short to fit in the original movie costume they had on loan so they just cut the loving legs off of the original GOD drat MOVIE COSTUME FOR loving ROBOCOP

According to wikipedia, that was a 4 episode mini series, though each episode was 90 mins long. Looking at the pictures, it seems to be the thing I thought was TV movies. I guess they were all the same project. :psyduck:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The second cartoon also turned Murphy into loving Inspector Gadget by giving him tons of action feature accessory playsets new 'weapons' and features.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
iZombie has been renewed for a fourth season. Have to admit, I'm not really feeling the current one so far, the Ravi-Peyton-Blaine thing is sucking a lot of the life out of it but still, there's time to improve.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Yeah I'm about to give up on the show, it's extremely procedural and running on fumes right now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Black Lightning has also gotten a series order, by the by.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Was that the one which decided to make it really clear it was in a fantastical future by having the Washington football team renamed to something not racist?

I believe that was the Minority Report TV series.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Sentinel Red posted:

iZombie has been renewed for a fourth season. Have to admit, I'm not really feeling the current one so far, the Ravi-Peyton-Blaine thing is sucking a lot of the life out of it but still, there's time to improve.

This is true and such a universal criticism of the show it has me wondering what they were thinking. The writers even seemed to acknowledge it because Liv says she's sick of it by the third episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's episode completely destroyed the love triangle and it will never ever come back so that's over with. For those wondering, Blaine revealed to Peyton that yes, he was lying about losing his memory.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Anyone feeling frisky enough to do a new thread? It feels like there's two dozen shows on a dozen different networks now and my poor old brain can't remember them all any more.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Heathen posted:

Anyone feeling frisky enough to do a new thread? It feels like there's two dozen shows on a dozen different networks now and my poor old brain can't remember them all any more.

Might want to wait a week or two for the network upfronts to conclude so we have a new thread with all the updated info on shows. Never know what else might be greenlit or cancelled.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

New Mutants casting

Maisie Williams is Wolfsbane (as suspected) and Anna Taylor-Joy from Split and The VVitch is Magik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

zoux posted:

New Mutants casting

Maisie Williams is Wolfsbane (as suspected) and Anna Taylor-Joy from Split and The VVitch is Magik.

Anna Taylor-Joy as Magik is perfect.