Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvz5yZ29jzU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

slev posted:

So if you go into the bathroom at Leblanc you take Morgana with you because

Because Sojiro got mad at Joker after what happened the last time he tried to lock Morgana out to have some alone time:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

W.T. Fits posted:

Late on this, but as someone who's never played a Yakuza game before playing Yakuza 0, play Yakuza 0. It's amazing.

Trusting all of you deeply. Going to give Yakuza Zero a shot.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

was i a shithead in highschool? hmm let me think
* Weighed 60 pounds
* Best friend was a bear (long story)
* Wore a trash can to school every day
* Had the words "no homo" instead of a mouth

Was Yosuke like 20X worse in Golden and the Anime? I remember him freaking out about Kanji like once and that's it. In the optional dungeon dialogue, he's actually pretty cool and supportive of Kanji.

Can we do this for all the other P4 characters until they're all poo poo?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

dragon_pamcake posted:

Was Yosuke like 20X worse in Golden and the Anime? I remember him freaking out about Kanji like once and that's it. In the optional dungeon dialogue, he's actually pretty cool and supportive of Kanji.

tbf that optional dungeon dialogue is something barely anyone is going to see.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

dragon_pamcake posted:

No, people have just built yosuke into the ultimate douchebag in their minds in the years since p4. Brosuke 4 lyfe

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

About Ending Palaces and That Guy: I ended up being burnt out after 7th palace and Mementos was a mistake. The Depths reminded me of Nocturne's areas (the good parts) but then bosses being cheap with adding extra turns made the last 2 hrs a struggle. Thankfully, the final dungeon was just walking up the pathway and simply killing god.

I didn't follow a guide so I didn't max Guts. The only SL I did complete were Sun, Star, Yusuke, Makoto and default SL. I was close for Ryuji/Ann but I lost more days than I expected during the later half of the year. The ending threw me for a loop since I didn't expect Joker to be caught at all but we survived :smith:

Akechi: I started out being hyped since his character reveal even though he was choreographed as The Betrayer since day 3. His final moments were better than I expected despite knowing his entire arc. I sympathize with his terrible childhood but Shuake never worked out in my headcanon. Also, I'd like days where you can just hang out and chat with him at LeBlanc other than throwing barbs at each other during meetings.

FWIW: They should add a mini-cameo at the epilogue where Joker is walking to the van and you can see Akechi in the crowds then vanish as the camera switches back to Akira. It's most healthy for them to never meet again considering how much of their fate were screwed up by a god's whim.

There's no doubt he's alive but we'll see in the remake if they manage to deal with it properly. However, I loved the rivalry b/t him and MC much better than adachi who just felt bored in Inaba.

Romance: Uh, it was weird since I ended up maxing Makoto's SL the last day possible and I never went on dates. I'll do a Friends FOREVER run next time since it felt really random to be suddenly dating after 2 days to V-day.

Alder fucked around with this message at 00:21 on May 10, 2017

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Okay so, what level does my knowledge needs to be to place 1st in the very first midterm exams?

It's not rank 2, I finished above average with rank two.

Is it rank 3? Or rank 4?

Should I do those things on the NG+ run instead of a fresh run?

And do you get anything for placing first?

Sojiro gave me a Leblanc charm for placing in the top 10 in my 3rd mid terms.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

You get some charm points and a thing from Sojiro.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just catched the Regent in palace 2 and i still dont know what the gently caress i have to do to raise stats or get into romances or whatever. GOOD GAME!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

dragon_pamcake posted:

I just played P4G (first time golden, played vanilla when it came out) and Yosuke does have a number of scenes shortly after Kanji joins where he gets all "dude, don't be gay near me" on him when Kanji isn't even doing something misinterpretable as gay. It goes away after a month or two though.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

slev posted:

So if you go into the bathroom at Leblanc you take Morgana with you because

https://twitter.com/laaaicha/status/854060878668460032

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

being cat is blessing and curse

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

DoctorGonzo posted:

I just catched the Regent in palace 2 and i still dont know what the gently caress i have to do to raise stats or get into romances or whatever. GOOD GAME!
Activities that raise...
Knowledge: studying (library, diner, LeBlanc), answering questions in class correctly, visiting the Bathhouse on rainy evenings, crossword puzzles
Guts: batting cages, studying (library only), advancing the Death confidant
Proficiency: making thief tools, working at the beef bowl restaurant
Kindness: caring for the plant in your room, working at the flower shop, advancing the Hierophant confidant
Charm: bathhouse on Monday or Thursday, advancing the Sun confidant

There are also multiple movies to watch, DVDs to rent, or books to read for any stat you'd like to improve. I couldn't tell you what the optimal order is, but you should never be out of options to improve on any given day. Even if you're flat broke, you can still study or check books out at the school library

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Rangpur posted:

Activities that raise...
Knowledge: studying (library, diner, LeBlanc), answering questions in class correctly, visiting the Bathhouse on rainy evenings, crossword puzzles
Guts: batting cages, studying (library only), advancing the Death confidant
Proficiency: making thief tools, working at the beef bowl restaurant
Kindness: caring for the plant in your room, working at the flower shop, advancing the Hierophant confidant
Charm: bathhouse on Monday or Thursday, advancing the Sun confidant

There are also multiple movies to watch, DVDs to rent, or books to read for any stat you'd like to improve. I couldn't tell you what the optimal order is, but you should never be out of options to improve on any given day. Even if you're flat broke, you can still study or check books out at the school library

Actually, you can get Guts by studying at the diner (order coffee). Alternatively, you can get Kindness from studying at the diner (order the steak). Around summer, they'll add a new drink to the menu that increases Charm, and in autumn, they'll add another menu item that can increase Proficiency.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
This is tangentially related

but I had no clue that yosuke from p4 had cut lines from his social link that could have hinted a romance (it's like people reading into tone and the japanese nuances of word usage)

I know a good chunk of people wouldn't care but I would have really like for them to add 1 or 2 male social link romances.
:shrug: mainly Iwai.

I know japan's culture yadda yadda.

Just throwing it out there.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

NRVNQSR posted:

At this point I'm half expecting to come into this thread and see a post saying "Finished the game! It was great, but it sucked that I didn't have a TV in my room so there were some days I couldn't watch it. And what's with these DVDs people keep talking about?"

Me but with video games when I saw the trophy.

Even worse I bought a console and had the pieces to fix the laptop but never did them.

I even had someone in game tell me to buy a console during summer break when they were over

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
where do you buy the pc and console?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

They're both from the secondhand shop near LeBlanc. The laptop's broken though so you need to buy the repair kit from Akihabara and spend a night repairing it.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i bought the tv, still no pc or console

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

The tv is more or less forced on you, the other 2 are entirely optional.

I just happened to walk up to every shop.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

SectumSempra posted:

This is tangentially related

but I had no clue that yosuke from p4 had cut lines from his social link that could have hinted a romance (it's like people reading into tone and the japanese nuances of word usage)

I know a good chunk of people wouldn't care but I would have really like for them to add 1 or 2 male social link romances.
:shrug: mainly Iwai.

Anything can be BL if you wish hard enough v:v:v

Iwai is much older than you (and has a son) so it's weird even as FeMC. After completing the game I realized I'm OK with MC-only P5 because there's no one you really want to date. Although, I like Yusuke and Ryuji but I can't imagine dating them because romance felt awk enough with women.

FeMC Optional Romance SL:
Mona
Yusuke
Ryuji
Mishima

I would buy the hell out of a FeMC Persona/SMT though but I want it from the ground-up instead of DLC.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Alder posted:

Anything can be BL if you wish hard enough v:v:v

Iwai is much older than you (and has a son) so it's weird even as FeMC. After completing the game I realized I'm OK with MC-only P5 because there's no one you really want to date. Although, I like Yusuke and Ryuji but I can't imagine dating them because romance felt awk enough with women.

Mona
Yusuke
Ryuji
Mishima

I would buy the hell out of a FeMC Persona/SMT though but I want it from the ground-up instead of DLC.

Ken (the elementary school kid) social link with a possible romance is in p3p. Hell I had him and akihiko more or less fight over me in tartarus even though I ended up with shinji.

In this game you can date the homeroom teacher and the doctor.
There's the reported, but don't do that. ew.

if it were Lala I'd be in.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

SectumSempra posted:

Ken social link with a possible romance is in p3p.

In this game you can date the homeroom teacher and the doctor.

Ken was a mistake and it's why you can't date the velvet room attendants too. Like I said I felt creepy because of the significant age gap with dating older women.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Alder posted:

Ken was a mistake and it's why you can't date the velvet room attendants too. Like I said I felt creepy because of the significant age gap with dating older women.

For some reason I don't think thats why you can't "date" the velvet room attendant this time.

Japan's odd.

i'll leave it there for wandering eyes?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

SectumSempra posted:

For some reason I don't think thats why you can't "date" the velvet room attendant this time.

Japan's odd.

i'll leave it there for wandering eyes?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
that this game thinks its more acceptable to date women almost double your age, but not your male peers is a little [thinking emoji]

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

imo weird things about the persona series just might come down to individual decisions by the devs, like the guy who's never had a female friend ever

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

nm

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Alder posted:

Mona
Yusuke
Ryuji
Mishima

You forgot the cute detective!

I assume the romance trigger for Yosuke would have been hugging him when he's crying.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Motto posted:

imo weird things about the persona series just might come down to individual decisions by the devs, like the guy who's never had a female friend ever

Which dev is this again? P5 is still a cool game but a bit weird to people who dislike anime/jrpgs.

dragon_pamcake posted:

You forgot the cute detective!

I assume the romance trigger for Yosuke would have been hugging him when he's crying.

See above: My thoughts on Shuake. It's an unhealthy relationship but they're great as rivals.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Motto posted:

You're telling me that not only does the video game Persona 5 not speak for every single person in Japan, its individual parts don't even speak for everyone on the team? Watch out, you're dangerously close to sounding reasonable.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
a girl has never ever moved to the country and never will

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Alder posted:

Which dev is this again? P5 is still a cool game but a bit weird to people who dislike anime/jrpgs.

I was joking a bit based on a decade+ old interview, but the director for P3-5, Hashino

quote:

THAT CERTAINLY MAKES ME FEEL BETTER. COME TO THIN OF IT, IT SEEMS LIKE YOU CAN ONLY FORGE THAT KIND OF FRIENDSHIP WITH SOCIAL LINKS OF THE SAME GENDER. OPPOSITE GENDER SOCIAL LINKS WILL REVERSE QUICKLY. DOES THIS MEAN TRUE FRIENDSHIPS BETWEEN PEOPLE OF OPPOSITE GENDER DO NOT EXIST?

HASHINO: I’ve never successfully forged a true friendship with a girl in real life.

SOEJIMA: Neither have I.

HASHINO: I guess that means we couldn’t implement it into the game because we don’t know what it’s like. (laughs)

SOEJIMA: Now that I’m on my thirties, I’m more open to the notion that it is possible, though. Back in high school, I admit I couldn’t look at girls that way.
https://megatengaku.wordpress.com/readings/interviews/persona-3-official-design-works-interview/

e: sorry about the caps from the source

Motto fucked around with this message at 03:05 on May 10, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Moltrey posted:

a girl has never ever moved to the country and never will

I like how they said this even though Rise's story in 4 was basically this

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Motto posted:

I was joking a bit based on a decade+ old interview, but the director for P3-5, Hashino

https://megatengaku.wordpress.com/readings/interviews/persona-3-official-design-works-interview/

e: sorry about the caps from the source

Thanks, I always like reading about atlus' history and games but the site hasn't updated in a while.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

DoctorGonzo posted:

i bought the tv, still no pc or console

They can all be bought from the second hand shop.

Usually shops stock new stuff every month, but I check all the shops once a week (because they restock every Monday).

Also the coolest guy in P5 is Joker / Protagonist.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Games > PERSONA 5: I’ve never successfully forged a true friendship with a girl in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Grey Fox posted:

Games > PERSONA 5: I’ve never successfully forged a true friendship with a girl in real life.

please don't troll