Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why is Microsoft trying to ruin computers?

Microsoft are one of the best companies in the world at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Sheeeeit I was just wondering when Mark of the Wolves would come out. Now just give me my fuckin' Twinkle Star Sprites!!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Imagined posted:

Microsoft are one of the best companies in the world at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

They just reaaaaaally don't understand their customers at all. Like to a comical extent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEOuKH-W8yM

This is still just, priceless.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
i have a switch now, thanks whoever posted that istock website

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Papes posted:

welcome to the first day of the rest of your life

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Papes posted:

I found one yesterday too thanks to that website :hfive:

Blaster Master Zero is pretty neat, I've never played any other Blaster Master so this is a cool find. Anyone know how long it is? I only just got to Area 02.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

They just reaaaaaally don't understand their customers at all. Like to a comical extent.

I think it's just the same thing that bedevils any public company that size: quarterly growth. It's not enough for them to just have Windows and keep making Windows better as long as it's profitable. They have to show growth every single loving quarter, so they try all kinds of crazy poo poo. The god drat stock market is kind of the root of all evil.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

I found one yesterday too thanks to that website :hfive:

Blaster Master Zero is pretty neat, I've never played any other Blaster Master so this is a cool find. Anyone know how long it is? I only just got to Area 02.

About 10ish hours. It's a really nice solid little Metroidvania

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Papes posted:

alf_pogs posted:

welcome to the first day of the rest of your life

Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of Raymond K. Papes' life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you and I have ever tasted.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Zaphod42 posted:

Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of Raymond K. Papes' life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you and I have ever tasted.

"Guys, what will you wish you'd done before the Switch dies?"
"Find all nine hundred Korok seeds."
"Build a Minecraft house."

You had to admit, Nintendo had a plan... and it was starting to make sense.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I bought a couple games I want to play on the PS4 and it's just like... Ugh... I have to sit on the couch for this?

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Modus Pwnens posted:

I bought a couple games I want to play on the PS4 and it's just like... Ugh... I have to sit on the couch for this?

now just buy a ps vita and you can sit on the shitter and play them on a much better screen than the switch

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

A 540p screen?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Bad Parenting posted:

now just buy a ps vita and you can sit on the shitter and play them on a much better screen than the switch

The OG one, maaaaybe. Going back to the 3DS is brutal.

Also, whoever was talking about Taint Reaper a few pages back, I clicked on the link to his last post, and now every time I open the awful app or come back to it from sleep I'm taken to that post, so my taint is getting constantly reaped right now.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Mister Facetious posted:

"Guys, what will you wish you'd done before the Switch dies?"
"Find all nine hundred Korok seeds."
"Build a Minecraft house."

You had to admit, Nintendo had a plan... and it was starting to make sense.

WiiU was the beginning, now it's moved out of the basement, it's called Project Switch.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lakbay posted:

I feel truly blessed I had an urge to buy a Switch on a random Saturday and the local wal-mart had 3 in stock

:same: got the last neon too

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

HyperPuma posted:

yeah dont bother with gamestop i think they hold all their stock for bundles, but it seems like people who actively go out and try to find a switch in stores are able to within a week

This isn't true as I saw 5 switches in stock the day I got mine from walmart.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Modus Pwnens posted:

The OG one, maaaaybe. Going back to the 3DS is brutal.

OG OLED vita is the best. beating a diablo 3 GR70 on the shitter is an experience that will never be matched by the 720 plastic pees of the switch. and i have both.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Zaphod42 posted:

This reminds me of the E3 or whatever press event it was before XBone came out and Microsoft was all "TV! Sports! TV! Sports" and people were like, "...video games?" to which Microsoft replied "TV! SPORTS! TV! SPORTS!".

They spent so much time and effort trying to make a game box that also does a thousand other things. I've already got one of those, though, I call it a PC.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Fhate posted:

This reminds me of the E3 or whatever press event it was before XBone came out and Microsoft was all "TV! Sports! TV! Sports" and people were like, "...video games?" to which Microsoft replied "TV! SPORTS! TV! SPORTS!".

They spent so much time and effort trying to make a game box that also does a thousand other things. I've already got one of those, though, I call it a PC.

Possibly my favorite games industry related video of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Mister Facetious posted:

CallofdootyCallofdootyCallofdootyCallofdootyCallofdooty

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mister Facetious posted:

Also one of my favourite games industry related gifs of all time
https://i.imgur.com/vAwZJBR.mp4

:allears:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Microsoft gets all the highlights, but one of my favorite subtle moments was all the boos that Sony got when they announced AT&T as the 3G provider for the Vita.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nintendo never gets booed because when they make bad decisions at conferences they are so mind boggling the people there can't process it.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
This is still the best video game ad ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

Like, you can talk about brutal Sega ads back in the day, but the simplicity and elegance of this trumps anything.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Also subtle first drop of ps+ sub fees

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

parallelodad posted:

Nintendo never gets booed because when they make bad decisions at conferences they are so mind boggling the people there can't process it.

Can't get booed anyways in a staged YouTube video

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Can't get booed anyways in a staged YouTube video

Yeah but remember Wii Music? Or the vitality sensor announcement, or the fireworks show? Nobody had any idea what was going on.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Directs are 100% the correct way to do your E3 presentation because there is no embarrassing on stage gently caress-ups, either by presenter or video game refusing to work or hardware not working because of auditorium interference

Like the number of times there have been audio issues, etc, etc is staggering.

Just play a preproduced video and everything is awesome (Even if the presentation isn't that crash hot)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

parallelodad posted:

Yeah but remember Wii Music? Or the vitality sensor announcement, or the fireworks show? Nobody had any idea what was going on.

I still remember where I was when the Wii Vitality Sensor was announced

That was the worst goddamn Nintendo E3 presentation holy goddamn hell

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Patter Song posted:

This is still the best video game ad ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

Like, you can talk about brutal Sega ads back in the day, but the simplicity and elegance of this trumps anything.

This was the mic drop heard around the world.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I will never understand why people want live presentations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Cringe comedy.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Detective No. 27 posted:

I for one was kind of excited about being able to buy a disc, install it and not have to use the disc anymore. But now everything is digital and I don't even know if they make physical xbone games anymore so, no skin off my back.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Jonas Albrecht posted:

That weird Frankenstein game published by Konami and the translator invading the producer's personal space justified live presentations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's right, Beyblade is back.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

nintendo's method of hype during the big e3 period is probably the best way to do it. i got so totally amped on the Smash Bros tournament a few years ago, it was great watching that nerd in the scarf get jostled and prodded by Reggie.

nintendo just know how to deliver good times, and if videogames aren't good times, what the heck are they!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
But I'd still rather rewatch the Wii Vitality Sensor presentation (what was it, 2008, 9?) than watch any Microsoft cringe inducing presentation featuring incredibly lovely and non sequitur performances and fake demos hosted by fat doughboys in t shirts and sports jackets

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Nintendo World Championships back in 2015 were really good.

Really really good showcase of Super Mario Maker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Detective No. 27 posted:

If I remember right, Microsoft stock actually dipped within minutes of this hitting YouTube.

A savage burn.

• Locked thread