Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Dietrich posted:

You can have it add 33% of the reflected attack's damage but i have no idea what that would work out to be.

In the Grubby video it was 1230 damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

e: ^^^ huh, I guess it still shoots the kunai so you can add the base kunai damage to my values below! e2: ehh at level 20 that's only another 121 damage, so I'm guessing something else hit Genji to trigger deflect more than once.

Dietrich posted:

You can have it add 33% of the reflected attack's damage but i have no idea what that would work out to be.

Yeah, this is what I meant. At level 16 (when Genji gets his 33% reflect) it's up to 2200 damage normally, 3300 if D.Va took nuclear option. That's 730 or 1100 damage reflected.

At 20 it's 2600 or 3900 with nuclear option, for reflect values of 860 or 1300, and at that point it's hitting all enemies in range.

It's not going to happen often, but it will happen eventually and the clip will be funny, like the one I posted above.

e: Theorycrafting for D.Va
1: Crash Cource (quest, once you hit 25 with Boosters each hero hit lowers cooldown by 1 second (you can't hit the same hero twice each cast) for most maps and Rush-down (Boosters half cooldown if neither dealing nor taking damage) for big maps

4: Fusion Generator - Every time an enemy Hero deals damage while inside Defense Matrix, up Self-Destruct charge by 1%, max 15% per cast - seems much better than Bring It On. D.Va must tank 3.33x her health bar to charge SD normally, and BIO makes that 2.5x her health bar. Which will happen first, taking another 80% of your health pool, or casting Fusion Generator twice? (80% of health pool * 39% with BIO = 31%) Yeah the amount charged while auto attacking matters too, but I still think it works out for FG.

7: Not sure. Nuclear Option if lots of points to contest on map or if you have VP, lots of roots/slows, etc, and Defense Matrix Slows otherwise.

10: Need slows or dodge CC? Bunny hop imo. Big Shot otherwise.

13: Ablative Armor unless all enemies are burst, in which case Expensive Plating

16: Suppressing Fire. Others look really good, but Suppressing Fire can help keep enemies in your Self Destruct AOE before it pops.

20: MEKAfall

Isn't theorycrafting with no experience fun? :v:

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 9, 2017

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

garthoneeye posted:

Pajama Rexxar with teddy Misha.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

War Boy murky
His slime is silver chrome, his fish is a tire, his egg is a V8, and he's all leather strappy post-apocalyptic

Release this as a bundle with Immortan Gazjoe and Imperator Furinova.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

TBH just do mecha skins for every hero

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fellatio del Toro posted:

TBH just do mecha skins for every hero

PROJECT: Heroes of the Storm

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Greymane especially could just be a transformer with a sick transform animation

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Stealing a couple ideas from LoL:

Reverse Rexxar: Rexxar wears a bear suit and Misha wears a tie and suit jacket (you could do Rexxar's garb, though I think it'd be funnier if it was full cover)

Definitely not Ragnaros: Ragnaros, but with the classic fake nose and glasses and a barrel around him.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Reverse Gazlowe: A little robot and on his back is a giant Gazlowe and if you pick Robo-Goblin he puts on brass knuckles

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Classic Leoric skin with a big rear end sword and no lower body armor

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Fried Watermelon posted:

Janitor Leoric
Skellington Xul

The fact that Janitor Leoric was never made is the greatest tragedy in this game's life so far.

Still waiting for Gundam Johanna.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

ToastyPotato posted:

The fact that Janitor Leoric was never made is the greatest tragedy in this game's life so far.

Still waiting for Gundam Johanna.
This job is not fit for a king! - Janitor Leoric

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Dragongem posted:

Stealing a couple ideas from LoL:

Reverse Rexxar: Rexxar wears a bear suit and Misha wears a tie and suit jacket

No gently caress that, I want a bipedal bear issuing commands to a dude crawling on all fours.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Reverse d.va, like a giant human ultraman that explodes and reveals a small mech inside??

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I reinstalled this because of the allure of a ton of free stuff. Last I played chromie was the newest character. Has anything dramatic changed gameplay/balance wise?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I reinstalled this because of the allure of a ton of free stuff. Last I played chromie was the newest character. Has anything dramatic changed gameplay/balance wise?

Warriors got a quasi-revamp across the board and are much more specialized now. The competitive meta is double support. Like a quarter of the roster has been reworked since Chromie came out, always for the better. There's much more "quest" talents and more heroes who can carry a match if they're allowed to get big enough.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Buy one of those starter 20 hero bundles the game gave you enough free money to buy BEFORE you open any of the loot chests. You do not get credit for dupes from the bundle, but do from chests.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
For the longest time I thought drinking from a fountain cured damage over time, but apparently I was wrong? Guess it's just never killed me before now.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Warriors got a quasi-revamp across the board and are much more specialized now. The competitive meta is double support. Like a quarter of the roster has been reworked since Chromie came out, always for the better. There's much more "quest" talents and more heroes who can carry a match if they're allowed to get big enough.

Competitive meta depends on the region, EU seems to prefer double warrior over double support.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Fuego Fish posted:

For the longest time I thought drinking from a fountain cured damage over time, but apparently I was wrong? Guess it's just never killed me before now.

The two will work to offset each other, but if you have a ton of poison on you (i.e. from lunara autos) - or tick to zero before the healing covers it - yeah you're dead.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Varian needs a sub-level 10 revamp, holy poo poo. The level of bullshit you can pull off with Parry at level 4 with Shield Wall and then at Level 7 with the extension of Parry is just RIDICULOUS.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I'm assuming you just haven't seen the upcoming patch notes yet.

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20766460/heroes-of-the-storm-ptr-notes-may-8-2017-5-8-2017#Varian

quote:

Talents
Level 1
Overpower (W)
Reduced the damage bonus after Parrying a Basic Attack from 25 to 20%

Level 7
Live by the Sword (W)
Increased the amount of Parried Basic Attacks needed to reduce the cooldown of Parry from 2 to 4

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

In case anyone was wondering, D.Va now has the best music in the game, sorry for all the other characters that came before her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrQGi-WeNr8

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
TOASTER ABATHUR WHERE LIL ANGRY BREAD SLICES POP OUT!!!!!!!!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Blizzard needs to start making some weed themed skins like cod

I wanna play some WEED hots

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Too bad people are still going to pick those talents because they are still really good combined with the OP Shield Wall

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

Blizzard needs to start making some weed themed skins like cod

I wanna play some WEED hots

Weedathur

His hat is replaced by a giant blunt that sticks out of your mouth, Monstrosity is now a guy going "Wheres the weed at? anyone got any weed?"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dankhaka

edit: Azmodank

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

And neither of those really address the main overpowered aspect of it.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Varian is a really really bad design.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Elysium posted:

Still want Sgt. Hammer skin that is just her walking around the battlefield with a Bazooka. Siege is she sets it on the ground like a mortar launcher. W is she swings the Bazooka, Z is she jumps on it and rockets away.

This is very good and now I want it too. Or give her marine or marauder armor or something.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

jackhunter64 posted:

Release this as a bundle with Immortan Gazjoe and Imperator Furinova.

uh excuse me, Dehaka is Furiosa

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

They made azmo E build good so I'm here to stay

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

They made azmo E build good so I'm here to stay

It is? Since when?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Well sample size of one match but I felt like I kicked rear end with it. With the faster move speed I was running down people trying to escape fights

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Making the March of Sin(?) talent baseline was awesome for him.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Yeah. But March of sin is still a talent that doubles his laser move speed.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Duo queue with a Lucio and run them down :getin:

(before the next patch when Lucio is kill)

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Well sample size of one match but I felt like I kicked rear end with it. With the faster move speed I was running down people trying to escape fights

It's good if they don't have a lot of hard CC to break it, yeah. You can beat down pretty much anyone without a stun, silence, or strong escape tool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

BrianBoitano posted:

Duo queue with a Lucio and run them down :getin:

(before the next patch when Lucio is kill)

Was Lucio really nerfed that hard? His passive trickle healing went down but not his amp heal, the only talent he lost was the one where his knockback blinded, and he still has access to Rejuvenescência which is a pretty significant heal boosting talent.