Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Preds vs. Sens, LET'S DO IT.

Edit: And let Caps beat out the Pens only to be steamrolled by Karlsson & Co.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
https://twitter.com/macthere/status/862113734600404992

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I raise you a terrified McDavid.

https://twitter.com/margeauxmorin/status/862110021026324480

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh my god hahahaha he wants nothign to do with that picture

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Ottawa Senators are in the Conference Finals?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ThinkTank posted:

drat Bettman really will stop at nothing to get Pittsburgh or Washington into the finals.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

ThinkTank posted:

The Bruins and Rangers should be ashamed. Also, gently caress Eugene Melnyk.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Will the Sens finally sell out their home games now or does that require reaching the Stanley Cup finals?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Don Cherry just favourably compared Erik Karlsson to Bobby Orr.

That may be the single nicest thing he's ever said about a foreign-born hockey player.

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks

Jehde posted:

I'm into it.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Suspicious posted:

Will the Sens finally sell out their home games now or does that require reaching the Stanley Cup finals?

Both these situations are equally improbable

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I thought that if the Sens were to succeed it'd be by by stalling them to death. I was half right.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

In true sour grapes fashon I'm glad the Rangers got knocked out, but on the other hand I dislike the Sens so what's a boy to do.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Holy poo poo the Sens are in the conference final, what an awesome season, Erik Karlsson is cool and good, shoot Cody Ceci into the sun

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

when's the last time one skater was as directly responsible for his team's success as Karlsson is? Bure on those putrid Panthers teams? I definitely can't think of any other slightly good teams who were that dependent on one non-goalie

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Martytoof posted:

In true sour grapes fashon I'm glad the Rangers got knocked out, but on the other hand I dislike the Sens so what's a boy to do.

It's okay they'll get destroyed by the Caps or Pens. It's good and funny that EK playing on a broken foot dragged the Sens past the Rags.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Jehde posted:

Oilers-Sens SCF would probably get Bettman in deep poo poo so we should all be hoping for that outcome.

e: Sens winning would be even better because Bettman cant use McDavid as a distraction either :unsmigghh:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

Oilers-Sens SCF would probably get Bettman in deep poo poo so we should all be hoping for that outcome.

Nah Ducks-Sens is the worst

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

when's the last time one skater was as directly responsible for his team's success as Karlsson is? Bure on those putrid Panthers teams? I definitely can't think of any other slightly good teams who were that dependent on one non-goalie

Chris Neil, also this season.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

DJExile posted:

oh my god hahahaha he wants nothign to do with that picture

Connor has a knack for omg no faces.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Anybody put money on the Sens making it to the ECF?

I bet that would be a real pay day

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Xtanstic posted:

Nah Ducks-Sens is the worst

gently caress that once was enough

Flew home from goddamned Afghanistan to find out they'd lost and turned my game 6 ticket into a voucher. Glad nobody pulled anything on us after I got back.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Rangers have no one to blame but themselves for losing this series. This is the first time in years where I think the Rangers shot themselves in the foot one too many times and lost a series instead of just finally running into a better team. Congrats to the Sens. Would have been interesting to see how badly Karlson would have ripped the Rangers apart if he wasn't playing on one foot.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Ottawa being in the ECF is an absolute joke.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Ottawa being in the ECF is an absolute joke.

Got the right bracket!

That was supposed to be the Rangers excuse, now it's Ottawa's!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If the east was 1-8 Ottawa would have played Columbus, and if Bob had that kind of performance it wouldn't matter what team Columbus played. Then they would have played the Rangers.whoops reseeding. anyway maybe they could have murdered Ovechkin or something

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 10, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Remaining teams, in order of preference:

Preds > Oilers > Sens > Caps >>> Ducks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (imagine a lot of them) >>>>>>>>>> Pens.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Preds >>>> Caps >>>>>> Nuclear Holocaust >>> Sens >>>>>> Getting punched in the dick right before the bomb drops so my last memory is a crotch full of pain >>> Oilers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Surviving the fallout and having to eat my family to survive >>>>>>> Ducks >>>>>>>>>> Dying after eating my family and spending eternity getting raped in hell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pens

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I was not aware so many people hated the Sens. Makes their ECF lock that much more satisfying.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Karlsson's post game quotes are fantastic.

https://twitter.com/3rdPeriodSuits/status/862128887291105282

Also this:

https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/status/862128882480295937

https://twitter.com/AndrewBerkshire/status/862131239867875328
:stare:

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Hey guys, the Sens are really, really good. I'm still shocked that they've advanced to the ECF and none of you have noticed this.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
just give karlsson the conn smythe now

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TOI is not in and of itself impressive.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Aphrodite posted:

TOI is not in and of itself impressive.

It's impressive because he kept Ottawa from having to put on much worse players in that span.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Jehde posted:

I was not aware so many people hated the Sens. Makes their ECF lock that much more satisfying.

It's because collectively they're bad and also boring, with all due respect to Erik Karlsson who is a god on ice and the opposite of those things

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Krime posted:

Anybody put money on the Sens making it to the ECF?

I bet that would be a real pay day

I picked them to make the ECF over the Rags in the NHL bracket challenge but I didnt put any money on it because lol like that could actually happen.

:smithicide:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

grack posted:

It's impressive because he kept Ottawa from having to put on much worse players in that span.

He can't play both sides at once.

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

The sens are not good. Neither are the rangers, canadiens, bruins, etc.

Erik Karlsson, however, is very good. Anderson is sometimes good

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
Sorry Rangers fans. You guys are cool and good posters. Not sorry Rangers. I hate you with every fiber of my soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Goddamn it Rags, you suck.

Jehde posted:

They're actually not that good and have no business being there but here we are.

• Locked thread