Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
bring back william s sessions and street fighter 2 arcade machines

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

creationist believer posted:

it's amazing. i recognized that name instantly even as i was reading the sentence, popped up in my head with an image of that screen

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/862072800550330368

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

creationist believer posted:

third strike or gently caress off

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

:classiclol:

https://i.imgur.com/WFdxAHE.gifv

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

you may need to expand on that a little

child's parent more focused on making their next sick facebook/snapchat video rather than give their child attention, so the child has resorted to imitating mom

presumably this isn't the first time since the kid kinda has the hang of what they're doing

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

I'm the drains clogged with wet dog fur

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

good dog good dog good dog good dog good dog good dog good dog good dog good dog good dog good dog good dog good dog good dog good dog good dog good dog good dog

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

my goth gf posted:

I like V.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Trabant posted:

"the aristocrats!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY4Dczk0pIk

???

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

after careful review i have decided that i am the dog that goes to take the stairs into the pool and lets three dogs go before him because he's such a nice dog

it's me

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

ill be the german shepard thats like ok hey ill join in on this party too

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/annabroges/status/850385985623949313

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

my goth gf posted:

after careful review i have decided that i am the dog that goes to take the stairs into the pool and lets three dogs go before him because he's such a nice dog

it's me

i'n the black one that's first in the pool cause he just blasts through the gate and slips off the edge

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Rex-Goliath posted:

think i just found a new favorite youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qKp-0h9P18

this is a good channel but i loving hate the way he talks

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Moist von Lipwig posted:

i've met a ton of machinists in my career and he's about 60% of them. holds detailed knowledge about some things but clueless about others, too full of himself to know the difference, and crude, brusque and confrontational throughout all of it. some of his videos are cool and others are just infuriating.

otoh the good machinists (who generally know far more while claiming to know less, and who are careful and methodical) are some of the people i admire most in life.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 05:44 on May 10, 2017

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib

Sagebrush posted:

i've met a ton of machinists in my career and he's about 60% of them. holds detailed knowledge about some things but clueless about others, too full of himself to know the difference, and crude, brusque and confrontational throughout all of it. some of his videos are cool and others are just infuriating.

otoh the good machinists (who generally know far more while claiming to know less, and who are careful and methodical) are some of the people i admire most in life.

i've watched quite a few of his videos, and I'm pretty sure he's a hobby machinist only, in the earlier days he used to link to better machinist videos, but now he seems to focus on teardowns and loving up poo poo because he doesn't know better. I think, by trade, he's some sort of mining engineer, which explains his "I know everything about everything, until i gently caress up" attitude.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
the real machining is on abom79's channel

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

my goth gf posted:

this guy knows what's up

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Base Emitter posted:

the real machining is on clickspring and this old tony's channel

ftfy

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib

Base Emitter posted:

the real machining is on abom79's channel

hell yes, plus these dudes -

TubalCain
Clickspring
This Old Tony

I've got a real respect for machinists, my grandpappy was a machinist his whole life, my dad was a machinist until the early 90s (when the unions fell apart and he went and got an MBA), and my best friends dad is the last of the working union machinists in Detroit.

Also, I like AVE because he reminds me of the weirdo northern michigan engineers that I go drinking with when I do cold weather testing. Something about 8 months of cold weather makes your brain go weird.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

imagine being as happy about anything in your life as these dogs are about this

dogs have got poo poo worked out

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

its nelson!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that's a pupper

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

i'm a big fan of shango066 because he fixes stuff that has no business being fixed with his insanely deep knowledge of electronics nobody uses anymore. he lives somewhere in the CA desert and finds 40+ year old TVs/radios in ditches, and then gets them working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSRuGtpmBs4&hd=1

it's long but worth the watch. just leave it on in the background.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

sir are you aware your wife is a turtle

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Moist von Lipwig posted:

techmoan's voice and narration style drives me up the loving wall. this guy is like if the trailer park boys did an engineering degree

i have literally never heard the words 'skookum' and 'chooch' before and some of his phrases had me rolling on the floor

"ya gotta piss with tha cock ya got eh?"

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib

StarkingBarfish posted:

techmoan's voice and narration style drives me up the loving wall. this guy is like if the trailer park boys did an engineering degree

i have literally never heard the words 'skookum' and 'chooch' before and some of his phrases had me rolling on the floor

"ya gotta piss with tha cock ya got eh?"

"that's the cock for dolly, bud!"

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib

Darkpenguin posted:

"that's the cock for dolly, bud!"

"OH YOU GETTING DICKERED THERE, RAY?!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Vic7jRHvA

"keep 'er outta the cabbage, ray!"

QuantumPotato fucked around with this message at 09:14 on May 10, 2017

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

I'm the German Shepard who jumps right in because everyone else is doing it, decides this is probably not for me, and slowly heads back towards the exit

Serak fucked around with this message at 10:16 on May 10, 2017

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Serak posted:

I'm the German Shepard who jumps right in because everyone else is doing it, decides this is probably not for me, and slowly heads back towards the exit

poo poo, so am I

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

so you're saying machinists and engineers have a lot in common

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

:gizz:

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

im the dogs that run back out to day drink and play video games in peace

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

i'm a big fan of shango066 because he fixes stuff that has no business being fixed with his insanely deep knowledge of electronics nobody uses anymore. he lives somewhere in the CA desert and finds 40+ year old TVs/radios in ditches, and then gets them working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSRuGtpmBs4&hd=1

it's long but worth the watch. just leave it on in the background.

nah he doesn't live in the desert, he lives somewhere along that axis of eastern LA proper and the near east LA suburbs between Pasadena and Downey. he just goes out to the deserts all the time and is buddy-buddy with all sorts of dudes who own entire old mining towns and poo poo

you can tell where he lives because of what sort of stations he can pick up on his old radios, especially before they get repaired and have bad sensitivity. and also that he's explicitly said he's not in Orange County, and the sort of freeways he'll include on the videos that show him going to get stuff, or when he's called in for technical assistance at art installations that need old TVs

pram
Jun 10, 2001

fishmech posted:

nah he doesn't live in the desert, he lives somewhere along that axis of eastern LA proper and the near east LA suburbs between Pasadena and Downey. he just goes out to the deserts all the time and is buddy-buddy with all sorts of dudes who own entire old mining towns and poo poo

you can tell where he lives because of what sort of stations he can pick up on his old radios, especially before they get repaired and have bad sensitivity. and also that he's explicitly said he's not in Orange County, and the sort of freeways he'll include on the videos that show him going to get stuff, or when he's called in for technical assistance at art installations that need old TVs

:spergin:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

fishmech posted:

stay fishmeched :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

fishmech posted:

please don't doxx weird old youtubers

• Locked thread