Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Darth Brooks posted:

Oh man, I just realized, Ward's not coming back from the framework. The organic 3-D got destroyed. Bummer.

Fitz knows the plans, they can always build another one

My only hope is that after AoS ends Coulsand makes one last appearance in Infinity War

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Mage_Boy posted:

Machine designed only for killing. MODOK.

Nice.

Arist posted:

I really like this show you guys

:same:

Darth Brooks posted:

Oh man, I just realized, Ward's not coming back from the framework. The organic 3-D got destroyed. Bummer.

They can make another one... :(

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Fitz is totally gonna pull a Daisy and leave SHIELD at the end of the season, isn't he?

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Darth Brooks posted:

Did it? I assumed that's what The Superior was loading into the sub before launch.

Also, I don't know what I'm more exited for: Next week's season finale, or the gifs from tonight's episode.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Doggles posted:

Did it? I assumed that's what The Superior was loading into the sub before launch.

So, there's hope for Hope? (and maybe Ward)

Doggles posted:

Also, I don't know what I'm more exited for: Next week's season finale, or the gifs from tonight's episode.

Same.

I need juiced up May straight up executing that LMD.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
gently caress I LOVE THIS SHOW. I laughed, I cried, I got the weirdest boner-the triple crown.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"Try it, let's see what happens" -Daisy's last words before she learned that bullets are fasting than her reaction time. Talbot should've just shot them since he thought they were robots. If he didn't believe they were robots, why would you hang around the base when some horrible thing is killing your men? Something so terrifying that even the SHIELD team is spooked. That whole scene was stupid.

So how is Mack not brain dead? Seems like Aida just grabbed him and teleported to the zephyr.

Aida going from 0 to super scorned rampage was hilarious. Fitz you hosed up again.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

So how is Mack not brain dead? Seems like Aida just grabbed him and teleported to the zephyr.

He still had the magic headset with infinite range wireless on his noggin.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He still had the headset on so I think he stayed connected I guess? Maybe next season he'll be the one getting helped through brain damage.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

But what is it connected to? The oil rig is gone. Unless it connects directly to the framework then :psyduck:

e: super dark twist: Mack is braindead but no one knows it yet

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

flosofl posted:

He still had the magic headset with infinite range wireless on his noggin.

Sufficiently advanced technology: I ain't got to explain poo poo.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

But what is it connected to? The oil rig is gone. Unless it connects directly to the framework then :psyduck:

I think the Framework runs off the Internet of Things.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Anals of History posted:

Sufficiently advanced technology Evil science Darkhold: I ain't got to explain poo poo.

I did like that the Superior, even when he was still a human, was reading the Darkhold like it was no big deal. Maybe Eli and Radcliffe are just weak.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
They had the framework running on the Zephyr so who knows?

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?
They made a big deal when searching for May that the framework software was running on every connected device on the planet in order to get the computing power needed, there's no server bank running the whole thing at the bottom of the ocean.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

This show is way, way better than I ever expected it to be. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I look forward to it more than both Better Call Saul and Fargo. I'm really hoping for a season 5.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Sammus posted:

This show is way, way better than I ever expected it to be. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I look forward to it more than both Better Call Saul and Fargo. I'm really hoping for a season 5.

:same:

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

It feels like there's an awful lot of plot for them to wrap up in next week's finale....

SHIELD is persona non grata with the US government again
Mack and Yo-yo are in the framework along with Ward, Tripp, and Radcliffe
AIDA's on the loose
Whatever the gently caress is going on with the Superior
Whatever the gently caress is going on with Vijay
Ghostrider is back
The Darkhold is still at large
Is there still an army of Quakes, or did they get destroyed?

Any guesses on what's going to be carried over to next season?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Sammus posted:

Whoa now, I ain't that deep into loving the show, but it's still real good and I'm hoping for plenty of seasons as well. I don't really want it to end, but all shows must, so all I really want is that they're allowed to know it's the last season going in and provide a satisfying conclusion. I won't get my dream of a series finale that has literally every avenger show up and save the day and say 'sup to Coulson across like 10 minutes of the show, but I'm sure they can come up with something pretty cool.

Yakmouth posted:

It feels like there's an awful lot of plot for them to wrap up in next week's finale....

AIDA's on the loose
Ghostrider is back

Shield on the outs with gov will carry over.
Framework will be wrapped up with everyone out and they won't try to get back in to bring out AI versions of people, at most they could 3D print Radcliffe.
Aida's a tough one, I feel like they shot two versions where she's fully beaten and one where they mostly beat her and the end credit teaser or something else late is that she's still out there, so I'm going with her still on the loose.
Superior is the guy who gets fully beaten regardless.
No guess on Vijay.
Ghostrider walks off into the sunset after helping destroy or seal away the Darkhold, goes into Deathlok retirement where he might come back anytime but probably won't.
Darkhold is out of the picture.
Army of Quakes will never be referred to again.

Those are my guesses anyway.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 05:52 on May 10, 2017

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Jesus, this show rules.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

ApathyGifted posted:

They made a big deal when searching for May that the framework software was running on every connected device on the planet in order to get the computing power needed, there's no server bank running the whole thing at the bottom of the ocean.

So it's Richard's "new internet" from Silicon Valley.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ApathyGifted posted:

Right, but the headset has to connect to something and that is now at the bottom of the ocean. But we can handwave it away with Darkhold magic and Mack just instantly connected to the framework wifi on the zephyr :v: C'mon SHIELD at least put a password on it or idiots like Yo-yo will stumble in.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
She's played a helpful robot, evil robot, dying wife, Nazi supervillain mastermind, and complete batshit newborn woman in the same season and made them all distinct.

If Mallory Jansen doesn't at least get a nom for some sort of Emmy then we're living in a hosed up world indeed.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Stunt Rock posted:

So it's Richard's "new internet" from Silicon Valley.

Bet you didn't realize Gavin Belson has the Darkhold.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Chokes McGee posted:

If Mallory Jansen doesn't at least get a nom for some sort of Emmy then we're living in a hosed up world indeed.

Have you looked around lately?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TFRazorsaw posted:

wait

what's this about MODOK? I haven't seen it yet but I want to know now.

Moscow Operative Designed Only for Killing

To combat him, we'll need the help of our latest magical AI, Radical As gently caress Carbon Life Imitation Form

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
That last scene with Yo-Yo :lol:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ashpanash posted:

Have you looked around lately?

look man I draw the line somewhere

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

See if it were me I'd ignore Mack, Yo-Yo, and the framework completely until next season -- there's enough going on already and the writers can take some time to decide how they want to move forward.

Aida/Ophelia has had so many chances to be 'redeemed' this season that at this point I'd just as soon finish her off completely.

The Superior on the other hand is starting to grow on me and I'd be fine if they kept him around as a B-villain.

I honestly don't get what the point of Vijay was, and think I'll be pretty irked if they leave his thread hanging (although I'm assuming it's his power that let Aida recover from getting shot).

You're probably right about the Quakers :(

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Yakmouth posted:

I honestly don't get what the point of Vijay was, and think I'll be pretty irked if they leave his thread hanging (although I'm assuming it's his power that let Aida recover from getting shot).

I assumed it was Jaiying's power since that makes as much sense as being able to replicate Gordon's.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Yakmouth posted:

See if it were me I'd ignore Mack, Yo-Yo, and the framework completely until next season -- there's enough going on already and the writers can take some time to decide how they want to move forward.

The Framework thing should've ended last episode, leaving Mack in there is a pretty baffling choice. I assume we're headed straight down the tracks to "apocalyptic world collision" here but that's a lot to cram into one episode.

Yakmouth posted:

Aida/Ophelia has had so many chances to be 'redeemed' this season that at this point I'd just as soon finish her off completely.

For a minute it looked like it was going to be okay. :smith: Then her telepathy kicked in and oooooooh nooooooooooooo

Yakmouth posted:

The Superior on the other hand is starting to grow on me and I'd be fine if they kept him around as a B-villain.

end of season all his robot bodies are gone and his 3d printer is blown up but we put his head jar on a little flying saucer with lazers pew pew

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I hadn't watched Dr Strange until this "pod" of the season. So I had no idea that the gate they went through was one of their gates or that the "hell" they went to was the "Dark Dimension." I feel like i have to go back and rewatch this season now because it seems like they did a lot more with the Dr Strange stuff than I realized.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Chokes McGee posted:

The Framework thing should've ended last episode, leaving Mack in there is a pretty baffling choice. I assume we're headed straight down the tracks to "apocalyptic world collision" here but that's a lot to cram into one episode.

I think there's value in keeping the Framework "active" in the background because I fully expect Aida to end up with a halo on by the end of the next episode and waking up paralyzed in her Hydra bed.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Why do I feel like Yo-Yo and Mack are going to fall in love in the other in the framework and just live there and hang out with Hope?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Coffee Mugshot posted:

Why do I feel like Yo-Yo and Mack are going to fall in love in the other in the framework and just live there and hang out with Hope?

I feel like this could happen again if they planned to wrap it up next season.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Yakmouth posted:

AIDA's on the loose
Ghostrider is back

I'm guessing Vijay is the teaser for next season somehow. I have no idea how they'd work him in at this point otherwise.

Is next week's finale 2 hours? They usually are, right?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Yakmouth posted:

You're probably right about the Quakers :(

I dunno, the more the framework sticks around the more awkwardness it brings up, like why aren't we bringing back all our beloved dead friends etc.

I'm in the camp of Aida hanging around just because she's been a human and had powers for such a short time. I don't think it'll be redemption, but maybe she ends up depowered and has to run to the next villain for help, something like that.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Prediction: the Russian(s) bring Ward back using the 3D printer, because they think they're getting an ultra-fascist inhuman hater, but they gently caress up by getting the wrong Ward. I mean, the printer has to factor in, the Russian(s) were loading it onto the sub, and I don't think it's there anymore during that second fight scene in the lab. Presumably Ward will be the one to finally finish off that head for good.

And I love how Aida went full on slasher villain at the end, that was amazing.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I'm guessing Vijay is the teaser for next season somehow. I have no idea how they'd work him in at this point otherwise.

Is next week's finale 2 hours? They usually are, right?

This is the first half of the finale -- there's only one hour left.

NowonSA posted:

I'm in the camp of Aida hanging around just because she's been a human and had powers for such a short time. I don't think it'll be redemption, but maybe she ends up depowered and has to run to the next villain for help, something like that.

Makes sense if they only get renewed for a final dozen episodes. Not quite enough time to create as impressive a threat as they've previously had, while presumably also closing off the few ongoing conflicts the show's been stringing along or has left hanging (Talbot, Graviton, Vijay).

Yeah, I could see them keeping her around for a bit longer, like they did with Ward.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 08:03 on May 10, 2017

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

This show. Having my heart torn out and still having my faith in the show rewarded within seconds of each other multiple times every week is something I can honestly say I don't get anywhere else in entertainment. All the best, hoping for an official renewal announcement soon. Or some gifs. I'd like all the gifs, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
I miss original, helpful AIDA. I said it.

• Locked thread