Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

fadam posted:

I figured there might be a chance RH or Starfire might appear in the story mode (like Tanya did in MKX) but with how barebones those character bios are I doubt they'll show up at all.

yeah that's just like

who those characters are with zero relation to the injustice universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
It also could be they don't want to spoil the story.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I mean, they didn't seem to worry about that with the other 28 characters.

It would be tight if Red Hood ends up being the secret protagonist and most of the game revolves around him.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Aside of the Joker that is.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

All the other bios are establishing why the character is in the position they are in at the start of Injustice's story. These are basically just the intro paragraph you could find on Wikipedia for the character.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Roth posted:

All the other bios are establishing why the character is in the position they are in at the start of Injustice's story. These are basically just the intro paragraph you could find on Wikipedia for the character.

Sub-Zero's doesn't even go as far as Scorpion's does from the last one in tossing off a token explanation for his presence in this dimension.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Twist ending injustice 2 is just a prequel to mkx and the true protagonist is Quan Chi

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I feel like it's 'sororicidal'

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Just read the latest issue of the weekly comic.

Well, Ray Palmer's gonna die. I have kind of a bad feeling about Barbara, too, since she isn't in the game.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

fadam posted:

I figured there might be a chance RH or Starfire might appear in the story mode (like Tanya did in MKX) but with how barebones those character bios are I doubt they'll show up at all.

Starfire was trapped in the Phantom Zone by Superman along with Red Robin, Superboy, and Wonder Girl in this universe, so unless the Titans escaped she probably doesn't have a story role.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

HebrewMagic posted:

Twist ending injustice 2 is just a prequel to MK v DC 2 and the true protagonist is Dark Raiden.

FTFY

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Mobile version is up on iOS in North America. Be warned, it's story is the same as the console version, but it's being released in chapters.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Who am I gonna have to strangle for the android version today

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Does Green Lantern's win pose still feature him surrounded by glowing stickers of all his friends? This is important.

HebrewMagic posted:

Who am I gonna have to strangle for the android version today

Google says we gotta wait for the 11th.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Did any region get the Android version yet? I'd be cool with just running the APK

i need an injustice fix and the first mobile game aint doin it

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Kelp Plankton posted:

Did any region get the Android version yet? I'd be cool with just running the APK

i need an injustice fix and the first mobile game aint doin it

iOS was soft launched in the Philippines, but a ton of content was turned off.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Crowetron posted:

Does Green Lantern's win pose still feature him surrounded by glowing stickers of all his friends? This is important.

Google says we gotta wait for the 11th.

LOL I remember how loving bad that victory pose was. Man we've come a long, long way from MK9/Injustice 1. I still think the first Injustice is the worst of the 3 NRS games, but now it looks like the sequel will be the best of all 4. This is gonna be a long-rear end 7 days.

Unless I'm wrong, I think NRS said that they'd periodically patch in more gear as the year goes on? That's a pretty cool reason to keep playing. Between Metaverse and leveling guys up, playing dress-up, farting around in arcade mode/tourney mode, this is pretty much on par with Guilty Gear Xrd for longevity with the modality and options.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I hope they keep making more premier skins too.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DLC Inc posted:

LOL I remember how loving bad that victory pose was. Man we've come a long, long way from MK9/Injustice 1. I still think the first Injustice is the worst of the 3 NRS games, but now it looks like the sequel will be the best of all 4. This is gonna be a long-rear end 7 days.

Unless I'm wrong, I think NRS said that they'd periodically patch in more gear as the year goes on? That's a pretty cool reason to keep playing. Between Metaverse and leveling guys up, playing dress-up, farting around in arcade mode/tourney mode, this is pretty much on par with Guilty Gear Xrd for longevity with the modality and options.

yea I kept MKX installed on my PS4 for ages just to occasionally gently caress around in the towers and poo poo, I'm sure this will have a long life too considering how devoted NRS' fans are normally and how much poo poo will still be moving around post-launch.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Ugh people I know have the game already

https://twitter.com/Noble_GunShow/status/862124345916829697

Makes the wait hurt that much longer :(

*ed*

Well now I don't feel bad about not going to Toryuken, looks like everyone in the Toronto scene is going to have a weeks+ head start for a game that should only be a few days old by the time the tournament starts.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 04:35 on May 10, 2017

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Spoilers for the first chapter of the game are out so tread carefully.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Spoilers for the first chapter of the game are out so tread carefully.

okay but where do I go if I want to see the spoilers

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Sprint in literally any direction and shout "Injustice 2"

Try YouTube or 4chan I dunno

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Blockhouse posted:

yea someone give a spoilered summary or something, I'm much more curious about the route they go than I am caring about spoilers.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I found this from March 7th

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2017/03/07/injustice-2s-campaign-is-more-expansive-emotional-darker/249151/

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

If that summary of chapter 1 is right, some of the comic became non-canon.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Blockhouse posted:

https://youtu.be/YvlHbuHz8f8

https://youtu.be/wX2Um22rK6Y

Spoilers of course

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Pretty cool how NRS dropped the story mode straight into mobile like that. I wasn't expecting it to look that good.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

It looks like the mobile game has the first chapter in it, so if you want to see it yourself you can grab that.

It's also a flashback, so there's not much to spoil.

HMS Beagle fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 10, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I'll just wait the extra few days and see it in PS4 quality personally, but it's nice to have the option for people.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

FunkMonkey posted:

I'll just wait the extra few days and see it in PS4 quality personally, but it's nice to have the option for people.

Yep I ain't touching story on the phone game.

In fact I don't even want to play the phone game, but I am a slave to the unlocks it will give me for the console version :(

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I started playing the mobile game and it's bad, but I'm only there for the skins so I don't really care that much.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
what are the unlockable skins?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

what are the unlockable skins?

So far I think it's just the Grid premier skin for Cyborg. There might be announcements forthcoming, I think they mentioned they'd do a stream that had more about the mobile game.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
power girl and john stewart skins

[/QUOTE]

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Power Girl is somehow less endowed than her comic book counterpart. How is this a Netherealm game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

Power Girl is somehow less endowed than her comic book counterpart. How is this a Netherealm game.

After MK9, NRS moved away from ridiculous beachball breasts. The comparison between MK9 to MKX is starkly notable and is way better.

those are still giant titties though so idk what else to say

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

After MK9, NRS moved away from ridiculous beachball breasts. The comparison between MK9 to MKX is starkly notable and is way better.

those are still giant titties though so idk what else to say

True but it's still notable that they're within the human(oid) norm, Wonder Woman in the last game was swinging bowling balls.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I look at Stewart and all I can think of is a supercharged version of that police lieutenant from The Wire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

larger pics:

also the Gods/Demons shaders are more than just outfit color changes:

I wonder if there's any more 'special' shaders like this in the game

• Locked thread