Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Infinitum posted:

The Nintendo World Championships back in 2015 were really good.

Really really good showcase of Super Mario Maker

When John Numbers loving got on the clown car while riding the kuribo shoe fuuuuuuuuck that was so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Calaveron posted:

When John Numbers loving got on the clown car while riding the kuribo shoe fuuuuuuuuck that was so good

I think that was the moment everyone "got" Super Mario Maker.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sony has a knack of delivering those kinds of E3 burns. Like back in '95 when Sega pulled their insane Sega Saturn surprise launch and they just came up and announced their system was a hundred bucks cheaper in response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExaAYIKsDBI

Stuff like this makes me love E3.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Sony has a knack

HA

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

E3 is magical, but not for the reasons the companies want it for.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought NBA. It's alright but it has some strange issues that hamper it from being a great game that most reviews mention. For one the presentation is mind boggling dumb making it feel like a port of a mobile game and two, relying on shot timing in such a manner is a odd choice. Probably not worth $20 but worth $10

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Policenaut posted:

Sony has a knack of delivering those kinds of E3 burns. Like back in '95 when Sega pulled their insane Sega Saturn surprise launch and they just came up and announced their system was a hundred bucks cheaper in response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExaAYIKsDBI

Stuff like this makes me love E3.

The real coup-de-gras was a price of $399.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnyOU3fX-MA
Everyone knew exactly what they meant with that price :drat:.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I wonder how many games that will never exist will be announced at E3 2017? Already this gen Microsoft has given us Fable Legends, Phantom Dust, and Scalebound.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
A good Danganronpa game will be announced then cancelled.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Patter Song posted:

This is still the best video game ad ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

Like, you can talk about brutal Sega ads back in the day, but the simplicity and elegance of this trumps anything.

Yeah that's savage

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeah I remember just going Oh DAAAAAMN when they announced the price

MS looked like fools

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Patter Song posted:

I wonder how many games that will never exist will be announced at E3 2017? Already this gen Microsoft has given us Fable Legends, Phantom Dust, and Scalebound.

I don't think they're ever gonna top Project Milo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPIbGnBQcJY

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Anidav posted:

A good Danganronpa game will be announced then cancelled.

I hope it gets extremely overhyped and then nuked secretly and forgotten excecpt for that small fanbase of screamers

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Dizz posted:

I hope it gets extremely overhyped and then nuked secretly and forgotten excecpt for that small fanbase of screamers

Will said screamers be making an account on the forums and then quickly get banned like the last game?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Cojawfee posted:

Will said screamers be making an account on the forums and then quickly get banned like the last game?

Fingers crossed

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why is Microsoft trying to ruin computers?

They never stopped being angry about the anti-trust stuff in the 90s.

Patter Song posted:

This is still the best video game ad ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

Like, you can talk about brutal Sega ads back in the day, but the simplicity and elegance of this trumps anything.

Sega's brutal ads also only sorta worked for the brief period before the SNES came along and put it to shame. Then again there are weird people out there who think that Genesis games had better music than SNES games. :shrug:

Mega64 posted:

Cringe comedy.

Or the :wtc: moments like during the KI presentation when a guy made a rape joke to the girl he was playing against.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

When will people learn to stop giving Peter Molyneux money?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

And now 4 years later Microsoft is announcing an upgraded X1 that will probably be obscenely expensive.:lol:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"NO NO NO I got a really good idea this time!

It's gonna shift so many paradigms and expectations about what a game is meant to be; you'll actually believe you're not playing a game at all!"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

And now 4 years later Microsoft is announcing an upgraded X1 that will probably be obscenely expensive.:lol:

I'm kinda hoping Sony will just own them again with a price drop on the Pro :allears:.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dear Nintendo,

I will suck your dick forever if that remaster of Phantom Dust comes to the Switch.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Inzombiac posted:

Dear Nintendo,

I will suck your dick forever if that remaster of Phantom Dust comes to the Switch.

Uhh it's a Microsoft Studios game.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Dear Nintendo,

Nintendo grants your wish, but you cannot play because you are trapped sucking their dick... forever.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Guy Goodbody posted:

Oh my God.

That is such unbelievable horseshit. Like, that wouldn't be remotely possible today, let alone 8 years ago.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Congratulations, you've figured out the riddle of Peter Molyneux Master Bullshit Artist

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
do you think the LA Beast has taken the nintendo switch cartridge challenge yet

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So with the screen protectors like Orzly what's the deal with the shower thing people have mentioned before, is it just a thing to help lessen the chance of dust managing to get under the protector when it's being applied or what?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Evil Fluffy posted:

So with the screen protectors like Orzly what's the deal with the shower thing people have mentioned before, is it just a thing to help lessen the chance of dust managing to get under the protector when it's being applied or what?

The humidity makes all the dust rise to the ceiling.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
I'm loving the poo poo out of Zelda and the upcoming Mario Odyssey or whatever lookin' sweet. So, we're getting a killer multi-planet Metroid game on par with Zelda for this system, right?

:smith:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/status/862198653905018880
:3:

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Patter Song posted:

Oh my God.

That is such unbelievable horseshit. Like, that wouldn't be remotely possible today, let alone 8 years ago.

Let me tell you bout the EMOTION ENGINE

Also on the note of E3 spectacles, the new console announcements were incredible. Microsoft and their douchenozzle division lead undid all their leverage from the 360 era in the space of an hour, and then Sony came in with some very likable fellows to close out the event by absolutely squashing them on price and features related to actual video games. It was the most brutal throat-cutting I think I have ever seen in gaming and the livethread about shat itself.

bloodysabbath fucked around with this message at 08:21 on May 10, 2017

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Xbox was always bad

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Lol at Scorpio being PARADIGM SHIFTING. It's not even portable, what a joke.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I'm excited for E3 because it's cool to know what new Games are coming soon.

However, the Nintendo World Championships 2015 will be the best E3 forever because that took me back to being a kid and seeing the Wizard.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Calaveron posted:

VideoGames posted:

However, the Nintendo World Championships 2015 will be the best E3 forever because that took me back to being a kid and seeing the Wizard.

I've set the time to the relevant section, it was so loving good live :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9H8VcU21j4&t=13718s

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Patter Song posted:

Oh my God.

I know. Claire seems so close to
Actually being human! Rewatching the video today, nothing Milo does is that impressive unless you actually accept that Claire is completely unscripted.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

well why not posted:

Lol at Scorpio being PARADIGM SHIFTING. It's not even portable, what a joke.

Wait. Hear me out. Imagine a more powerful PS4 pro that plays Forza, Halo and Gears at a higher resolution than the Xbox One. The only trade off is no Sony exclusives and it'll cost more when it comes out!*

*What Sony exclusives are left for the second half of this year? They had an incredible Spring, but I'm not aware of anything coming on the scale of Horizon Zero Dawn in the near future. Nintendo might actually be on track to have more impressive exclusives during the holiday season.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Halo and Gears? What a line-up!

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I'm proud to announce a live action Halo television TV series definitely not a decade past sell by date. Also everyone still uses cable right?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I remember when Switch had games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nintarndo Swootch.

• Locked thread