Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

If it finishes 43-43-1 does the single Green Party member basically consider it winning the election?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Do any of the high profile NDP candidates actually believe anti Science poo poo? I didn't vote for them and wouldn't but I can't seem to find any evidence of that.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
If that happens, Andrew Weaver a) gets to decide the premier and b) promised to retire in shame for not winning a second seat, so who the hell knows.

edit: Oh, is the 1 seat not Weaver's? Well, it'd be Liberal darkness until the next byelection... that'll be a pretty interesting byelection.

MikeSevigny fucked around with this message at 05:34 on May 10, 2017

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

If it finishes 43-43-1 does the single Green Party member basically consider it winning the election?

43-42-2 :eng101:

No loving way Andrew Weaver loses his seat. In that case, it's a matter of whether or not the Greens are gonna be egotistical enough to not form a coalition with the NDP and condemn BC to another 4 years of Liberal Darkness.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

CBC dudes are fully erect over the possibility of a minority

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

NDP has hit majority atm on CBC

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Holy shittttt it's happening. Maybe.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Arabian Jesus posted:

NDP has hit majority atm on CBC

:drat:

It's still 43-42-2 on CTV.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug
Lol ndp is gonna win and then housing crash will happen. It's going to be a great term for them :D

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

As an Albertan who has been paying zero attention to this election until right now, is the BC Green party as crazy as every other Canadian Green party? Their platform looks pretty solid, but the thread seems real down on them so I'm guessing there's been no shortage of candidates saying crazy things to reporters?

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

The story I'm interested in is why it took Oak Bay until just this instant to post results. I haven't lived on the island for a little over a year now, but they still had electricity when I left.

quaint bucket
Nov 29, 2007

Terebus posted:

Lol ndp is gonna win and then housing crash will happen. It's going to be a great term for them :D

Then the liberals get re elected for the next 5 terms using the NDP Housing Market crash as their election mantra

No thanks

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

PittTheElder posted:

As an Albertan who has been paying zero attention to this election until right now, is the BC Green party as crazy as every other Canadian Green party? Their platform looks pretty solid, but the thread seems real down on them so I'm guessing there's been no shortage of candidates saying crazy things to reporters?

Most of the crazy stuff has been, like, the MLK incident or calling their leader the Canadian Barack Obama. The media doesn't want to question their policies so the cancer wifi stuff stayed in the background this time (although it would be hilarious if that's what they used their minority powerbroker status to address).

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Terebus posted:

Lol ndp is gonna win and then housing crash will happen.

Good

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mr. Swoon posted:

The story I'm interested in is why it took Oak Bay until just this instant to post results. I haven't lived on the island for a little over a year now, but they still had electricity when I left.

A phone line was down apparently.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

PittTheElder posted:

They're not as publicly crazy as the federal greens and are basically neocons here.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

CLAM DOWN posted:

They're not as publicly crazy as the federal greens and are basically neocons here.

So they're going to side with the liberals

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

quaint bucket posted:

Then the liberals get re elected for the next 5 terms using the NDP Housing Market crash as their election mantra

No thanks

It's not what BC needs but that's what BC deserves.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

43-42-2 would make the next few years interesting

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Terebus posted:

That's my big fear. They'll side with the Liberals because the NDP aren't pure enough because the Left is Canada writ large is pants-on-head stupid.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

That's my big fear. They'll side with the Liberals because the NDP aren't pure enough because the Left is Canada writ large is pants-on-head stupid.

They'll side with the Liberals because John Horgan was mean to Andrew Weaver. (They literally said this.)

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

nine-gear crow posted:

It's because the Canadian political culture is entirely based on housing equity and US bandwagoning.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

McGavin posted:

They'll side with the Liberals because John Horgan was mean to Andrew Weaver. (They literally said this.)

source plz?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Terebus posted:

Some things I can see them siding with the NDP, like housing. Other than that Weaver doesn't like Horgan because of cyber bullying or something idk

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

McGavin posted:

Like I said. Pants. On. Head. Stupid.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Drunk Canuck posted:

Remember to join the real-time discussion in #diefenbunker on irc.synirc.net

Discuss which stores you're planning on looting in the morning

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Terebus posted:

source plz?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CzB6syNzxE

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

Cool, thanks! Way to go greens.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Terebus posted:

source plz?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6gAdF2fF11BYzgtUjAwOWNhUjg/view

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

How's Clark doing? Does it look like she'll lose her seat again?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Falstaff posted:

She won her seat.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

Falstaff posted:

She was elected by a comfortable amount

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Falstaff posted:

She's in Kelowna now, it's a safe riding. Well, I guess Point Grey was a safe riding once, too.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kelowna is about as safe a BC Lib riding as you can get, she was parachuted in. Did she ever even move there?

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug
Ugh, it's so awful that David Suzuki has had an effect on voting results of this province.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

CLAM DOWN posted:

Kelowna is about as safe a BC Lib riding as you can get, she was parachuted in. Did she ever even move there?

Sort of. She's still "renting" a house from a donor. I'd have to dig up the proof, but I think she didn't even change her address and had to vote in her old riding.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Terebus posted:

Ugh, it's so awful that David Suzuki has had an effect on voting results of this province.

Well, hopefully tonight teaches a lot of 18-22 year olds an important lesson about left wing vote splitting.

It won't.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

FPTP is the worst voting system ever.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
CTV is now at 42-42-3. What the gently caress is going on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

If the seats are tied, do the Liberals get the first chance to form government as the incumbent or is it up to the Lieutenant Governor?