Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

quote:

Turning and turning in the widening gyre   

The falcon cannot hear the falconer; 

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; 

Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world, 

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere   

The ceremony of innocence is drowned; 

The best lack all conviction, while the worst   

Are full of passionate intensity. 

Surely some revelation is at hand; 

Surely the Second Coming is at hand.   

The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out   

When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi 

Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert   

A shape with lion body and the head of a man,   

A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,   

Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it   

Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.   

The darkness drops again; but now I know   

That twenty centuries of stony sleep 

Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,   

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,   

Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im calling it

trump resignation incoming

I'm calling nothing happens like at all

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E&t=3s

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

In summary: hail SS-18. That poem is even more accurate

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im calling it

You jinxed it. Thank you.

Seriously. Thank you, it's better for him to be arrested and tried rather than taking the quiet way out. The right has been eating their own seed corn and now they will eat each other.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

facialimpediment posted:

This entire article is filled with filthy, filthy smut.

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/862156871981039620

Words cannot describe how badly I want these treasonous, smug motherfuckers to go to jail.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

The Iron Rose posted:

Words cannot describe how badly I want these treasonous, smug motherfuckers to go to jail.

I kinda wanna see Flynn exonerated of any wrong doing if he didn't do anything wrong.

That's some wishful rear end thinking but that's just me.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I kinda wanna see Flynn exonerated of any wrong doing if he didn't do anything wrong.

That's some wishful rear end thinking but that's just me.

Oh honey.

Guacamayo
Feb 2, 2012
Lol, the leaks are already coming in.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

God drat i wonder if spicey feels like the band on the titanic

E: i wonder if this is what it felt like to watch Watergate happen

orange juche fucked around with this message at 06:05 on May 10, 2017

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

orange juche posted:

Watergate 2: Pisstape Boogaloo

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im calling it

No loving way. He still thinks he's doing well.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Man politicos entire front page is calling it watergate 2: even wetter edition

Though theres an editorial piece saying dont compare it to the saturday night massacre yet because trump still has a fuckton of support in his corner.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

Watergate 2: Pisstape Boogaloo

If a special prosecutor gets appointed, can we make the CE thread subtitle this?

How would one even get appointed though with house and senate control by republicans?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

orange juche posted:

Watergate was full of interesting maneuvers by corrupt politicians. This is just monkeys playing with poop on camera, and yet we'll have this recorded with tweets and Facebook posts in the historic archives for the next hundred years. (Assuming we make it that far)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

Watergate was full of interesting maneuvers by corrupt politicians. This is just monkeys playing with poop on camera, and yet we'll have this recorded with tweets and Facebook posts in the historic archives for the next hundred years. (Assuming we make it that far)

This is just as captivating as watching monkeys play with poop tbh.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Godholio posted:

Donnie has already shown more than once that he is too dumb to understand that picking fights with your spooks is a really bad idea. Nixon knew he was hosed.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

I know.

I know.

:(

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dude the thread title really needs to just be the Mr. Bones' Wild Ride image.

If this poo poo turns into an independent investigation directly into trump and his inner circle he is toast.

E: democrats unanimously saying they will block any appointment of a new FBI director pending the congressional appointment of a special prosecutor to continue the trump investigation.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 06:53 on May 10, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Godholio posted:

if hes screaming at tvs it's gonna come time that he says gently caress it all and takes his toys and goes home. once the gop is forced to turn against him. not because he lost, but because the crooked GOP was so tainted that they rejected the will of the people who are both the people that are the only real americans and his voters.

pence takes office, does his best gerald ford impression for 3 years. flynn goes to prison. trump pisstape never revealed.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

if hes screaming at tvs it's gonna come time that he says gently caress it all and takes his toys and goes home. once the gop is forced to turn against him. not because he lost, but because the crooked GOP was so tainted that they rejected the will of the people who are both the people that are the only real americans and his voters.

pence takes office, does his best gerald ford impression for 3 years. flynn goes to prison. trump pisstape never revealed.

Don't give me this, please, don't give me this.

I want this poo poo aired out to the entire world to see. I want the entire country to see and know what they have begotten. And from there, I want political change in both parties.

No, I have absolutely ZERO expectation or hope of this happening. But it's what should happen.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

2 am and all the lights are still on at the white house trying to get ahead of the poo poo sandwich trump served

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I want to get off Mr. Bones' wild ride

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

tastefully arranged labia posted:

I want to get off Mr. Bones' wild ride

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I really want a brief case of Orange-pox to be democracy's immunization against the real bad stuff.

It really needs to be public, for us and the world. Get it out of our system

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Can senate dems even block an appointment of a new FBI director since republicans killed the appointment fillibuster over the supreme court justice?

Man the supreme court guy was a lovely hill to die on in hindsight.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I don't believe that Flynn flipped. I think that he just got very slowly massaged over a decade plus until it snowballed to something large enough that he was hosed. It certainly started small and built up over time. It doesn't change the good that he did before it all went to hell.

At least that's the best story I can come up with to make you feel better.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

orange juche posted:

Can senate dems even block an appointment of a new FBI director since republicans killed the appointment fillibuster over the supreme court justice?

Man the supreme court guy was a lovely hill to die on in hindsight.

Filibuster was already dead for non-supreme court appointees. There's nothing that could have been done to stop Gorsuch or anyone else at all. The filibuster is and has been dead and will not be coming back.

The only way to stop appointment of anyone right now is if a few republicans senators say no.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

M_Gargantua posted:

I really want a brief case of Orange-pox to be democracy's immunization against the real bad stuff.

It really needs to be public, for us and the world. Get it out of our system

Absolutely. The entire country needs to see what the Republican Party has wrought, and what we ourselves have wrought through lovely political tactics.

Not to start a whole, "This is why Hillary lost," thing, but... it wasn't just the selling out of our country to Russia. We have ignored a huge segment of our population that, for one reason or another, he spoke to. You can't just campaign in certain areas and expect a win. You have to speak to the whole goddamn country and tell them - and do - things for them that help them.

Messaging - it's also why the ACA was raged against. Not just because it was a Black Democrat, but people seriously thought the ACA and Obamacare were different things. As stupid as those people may be, those people also vote.

On top of that, people need to take what happens from here, and make their politicians pay for it. The ones who are defending this, as obvious as this is as a Big Deal, and trying to downplay it... they need to pay.

Again, I expect little of this to come to pass... But it goddamn well should.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Anyone who opposes Trump needs to be shouting at the top of their lungs 'he fired the guy who was investigating him'. It's a simple message and it looks shady as gently caress on its face, even knowing nothing else about what is going on.
I can only assume this will not happen.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Reminder that Kansas is a hellscape of republican policies that have hosed over every aspect of life and yet people there remain as republican as ever.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Two Finger posted:

Anyone who opposes Trump needs to be shouting at the top of their lungs 'he fired the guy who was investigating him'. It's a simple message and it looks shady as gently caress on its face, even knowing nothing else about what is going on.
I can only assume this will not happen.

It's a simple message but lmao it won't stick because trumpsters won't let it stick and noone opposing Trump on the republican side has enough guts to make it happen.

Lmao if Dems get control of the Senate and House in the midterms though, then there will be much blood.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

I take a loving early day to go see a concert and this is what these fucks do while I'm gone..

Can't leave any loving body to their own devices for a God drat afternoon.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Best Friends posted:

Reminder that Kansas is a hellscape of republican policies that have hosed over every aspect of life and yet people there remain as republican as ever.

how much of that is because smart people just loving leave the state?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i took a nap at 4pm and woke up to it

that was a shock

also Schumer has put word out that he expects every democrat senator in their seats at 9:30 am. wonder what hes gonna say

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

If nothing happens with this my dick will probably explode into a million pieces

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

orange juche posted:

It's a simple message but lmao it won't stick because trumpsters won't let it stick and noone opposing Trump on the republican side has enough guts to make it happen.

Lmao if Dems get control of the Senate and House in the midterms though, then there will be much blood.

From what I've heard from my relatives he was fired because he didn't prosecute Hillary over EMAILS so they seem to be out in front of it already. The brainwashing is done, nothing will change their minds.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Wait.. I thought it was because he was too aggressive with "Hillary's Emails"...

Are they really trying to spin both sides of that?

Because I'm pretty sure that would be the best thing ever.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i took a nap at 4pm and woke up to it

that was a shock

also Schumer has put word out that he expects every democrat senator in their seats at 9:30 am. wonder what hes gonna say

Schumer is going to rile up Dems about this comey firing and I'm sure they'll be trying to find weak republicans to flip in order to demand an independent investigation into the Trump administration. I have no idea how this is going to pan out because it's going to be hard to get middle of the road repubs to put action to their disapproval of Trump.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

orange juche posted:

23 dems, 8 republicans, and 2 independents are up for election in the senate in 2018. The republicans are Jeff Flake - Arizona, Roger Wicker - Mississippi, Deb Fischer - Nebraska, Dean Heller - Nevada, Bob Corker - Tennessee, Raphael Cruz - Texas, Orrin Hatch - Utah, John Barrasso - Wyoming.

There are a lot of dems up, though, that come from republican leaning states. There is real risk of a republican supermajority in 2018.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Genocide Tendency posted:

Wait.. I thought it was because he was too aggressive with "Hillary's Emails"...

Are they really trying to spin both sides of that?

Because I'm pretty sure that would be the best thing ever.

No the AG and DAG letters specifically said that Comey overstepped his authority by saying there would be no prosecution and that the case was closed. It was wrong to have a press conference about any of it, and these actions erode the faith in the office.

Like seriously, that's the reason.

• Locked thread