Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
CTV election expert says that in the event of a tie Christie Clarke gets the first crack at forming a government because the Liberals are the incumbent ruling party. If she loses the confidence of the legislature then the NDP gets second shot and on and on and on...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

nine-gear crow posted:

CTV election expert says that in the event of a tie Christie Clarke gets the first crack at forming a government because the Liberals are the incumbent ruling party. If she loses the confidence of the legislature then the NDP gets second shot and on and on and on...

Let's redo the election with MMP

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

Scorchy posted:

Eat poo poo Suzanne Anton and Fassbender.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Still hoping for that earthquake to cleanse the land of us all tbh

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

Mr. Swoon posted:

Still hoping for that earthquake to cleanse the land of us all tbh

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Furnaceface posted:

FPTP is the worst voting system ever.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

reminder:

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

Wouldn't the alternative have meant that greens would be considered an official party after this election?

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

Further proof that Canadian pollsters suck?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Terebus posted:

Wouldn't the alternative have meant that greens would be considered an official party after this election?

And then everyone would learn their lesson.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug
Lol, I was only half listening but if I heard right some school board member is a liberal supporter and he was talking about how disappointed he is, this was on CBC. Why would a school board member be a Lib party supporter :catstare:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Terebus posted:

Lol, I was only half listening but if I heard right some school board member is a liberal supporter and he was talking about how disappointed he is, this was on CBC. Why would a school board member be a Lib party supporter :catstare:

He also said THE CHINESE VOTE like 8 times lmao

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
I guess since Cultural Imperial is on probation he had to find another outlet.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Those loving results, real life beats the fantasy nightmare scenarios once again.

Also localized polling is generally poo poo especially when you try to extrapolate from broader polls because you end up selecting your subsamples and that fucks up the nature of the polling.

So if this holds at 42-42, who the gently caress is PM?

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

Terebus posted:

They're elected positions, sometimes you get Christy supporters. Probably worried an NDP government will be too busy buying teachers new cars on the taxpayer dime to teach our children once they ban Catholic schools.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

Moist von Lipwig posted:

I guess since Cultural Imperial is on probation he had to find another outlet.

I'm pretty sure he's a mainland BCer not a dirty islander but who knows

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

Agnosticnixie posted:

Those loving results, real life beats the fantasy nightmare scenarios once again.

Also localized polling is generally poo poo especially when you try to extrapolate from broader polls because you end up selecting your subsamples and that fucks up the nature of the polling.

Andrew Weaver

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

4 ridings at less than 1% difference.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Terebus posted:

Andrew Weaver

With that kind of split he literally became the most important man in BC. This is like even better than being Premier (until he picks the winner and basically becomes an irrelevant coalition leg).

Are there any bets on who he backs or is it obviously going to be Clarke?

edit: dammit, libs leading again.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

Agnosticnixie posted:

With that kind of split he literally became the most important man in BC. This is like even better than being Premier (until he picks the winner and basically becomes an irrelevant coalition leg).

Everyone in the thread has been saying he hates the NDP leader because the NDP leader was mean to him on twitter or something.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Agnosticnixie posted:

Weaver has publicly stated as of two days ago that he will form a coalition with the Liberals, which would just hand them the majority outright.

Your only hope if he goes through with such an act of treason towards his electorate is the other two MLA's refusing that bullshit and crossing the floor to the NDP.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

Terebus posted:

4 ridings at less than 1% difference.

C'mon False Creek, boot that fucker Sam Sullivan out

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Happy to say my riding went NDP for the first time in 23 years. Still sad that vote splitting will probably mean status quo though. :(

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Agnosticnixie posted:

Assuming Weaver doesn't throw in with the NDP, then Christie. But she has to survive a confidence vote in the legislature. If she doesn't then John Horgan gets to try and form a government. If he can't survive a confidence vote, then... I dunno, is "Immortan Joe" an acceptable answer?

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug
Just want to take a moment to look at my riding results

322 libertarian voters and 100 ppl voted for some mysterious teacher guy

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
gently caress

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug
Im guessing they're going to be a few flips

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
I'm just gonna go to bed and hope this isn't like last september and I wake up to Trump as premier of BC.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

This is flipping like mad, go to bed if you can't take the heat, or join #diefenbunker on irc.synirc.net

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

Moist von Lipwig posted:

I'm just gonna go to bed and hope this isn't like last september and I wake up to Trump as premier of BC.

More like David Suzuki is going to be premier of bc

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Yeah join #diefenbunker and discuss Andrew Weaver's hog with us.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

CLAM DOWN posted:

This is flipping like mad, go to bed if you can't take the heat, or join #diefenbunker on irc.synirc.net

Can you give me one of those browser based irc link things?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Terebus posted:

More like David Suzuki is going to be premier of bc

Surprised this hasn't happened to be honest.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Terebus posted:

Can you give me one of those browser based irc link things?

irc://irc.synirc.net:6667/diefenbunker you lazy poo poo

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
or http://chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23diefenbunker&server=irc.synirc.net

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

haha I had one that wasn't connecting, I'm on there now, thanks

quaint bucket
Nov 29, 2007

lmao maple ridge-mission is the riding that can determine a minority or majority government for the liberals

i am dying

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

quaint bucket posted:

lmao maple ridge-mission is the riding that can determine a minority or majority government for the liberals

i am dying

CBC called it for NDP lol

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

NDP win Courtenay-Comox by nine votes, so no Liberal majority unless a recount shakes things up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

SoggyBobcat posted:

NDP win Courtenay-Comox by nine votes, so no Liberal majority unless a recount shakes things up.

i'm surprised the NDP won by that many there, tbh.