Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Bulldogs, hey?
https://dogbehaviorscience.wordpress.com/2012/09/29/100-years-of-breed-improvement/

Carlton would be the Blue Heelers obvs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
A blue heeler crossed with Ron Barassi to give it a bit of mongrel.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Geelong would totally be Border Collies

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

The Deadly Hume posted:

Geelong would totally be Border Collies

not selwood :laugh:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Tell 'em they're dreamin'

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-09/roos-bold-plan-for-massive-innercity-training-complex

quote:

NORTH Melbourne will boast the biggest and best inner-city training complex in Melbourne under an ambitious plan submitted to the Victorian government.

Under North's proposal, its Arden St headquarters' footprint would grow from 4.5ha to 11.2ha and would be upgraded to include:

• An indoor centre with a large synthetic oval.
• A second indoor centre with four multi-use hard courts.
• An indoor aquatic centre with a 50m pool.
• An outdoor synthetic oval with lighting.
• Sports changerooms and social rooms, which could be used for AFLW and VFL games.
• A café and other shops.

The Kangaroos' plan was submitted in response to a proposed $7 billion redevelopment of an industrial pocket of North Melbourne, which will become known as Arden.

North's proposal is before the Victorian Planning Authority, which last September released a draft vision and framework for Arden.

In a submission by Tract Consultants on behalf of the club, North contends its plan would be a win for both the club and local community.

"The club sees the development of the precinct not only as an opportunity to secure its long-term training and community base in the heart of Melbourne, but a major opportunity to engage and contribute meaningfully to a world-class community sports and recreation hub, which connects and is embraced by the local community," the submission says.

"To achieve this, the club needs to future proof its current base, including potential accommodation of a women's team and facilities suitable for VFL fixtures."

Arden will be bound by Macaulay Rd to the north, Dryburgh St to the east and the Upfield railway line to the south and west.

Under North's submission, the club's expanded grounds and most of its facilities would be open to the local community, and would serve as the new precinct's primary open space. New public amenities would also be installed around the site.

Probably a good $150-300m worth of land to be acquired within that blue line, given the area is zoned for redevelopment. No plans to fund it either except 'hope the AFL and Melbourne city council give us money' although a much larger (and more useful) public park would be great for the redeveloped area.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

quote:

The German Shepherd Dog is also a breed that is routinely mentioned when people talk about ruined breeds; maybe because they used to be awesome.

Essendon used to be awesome, maybe we are the Essendon German Shepherds

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

In what kind of backwards rear end system is the onus on the tribunal to take into consideration VFL byes when handing out a suspension, rather than on the player to take it into consideration before he puts a guy in hospital.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

Essendon used to be awesome, maybe we are the Essendon German Shepherds

Melbourne are the 17 year old lab that can't do anything but poo poo itself on the couch

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

Melbourne are the 17 year old lab that can't do anything but poo poo itself on the couch

should old acquaintance be forgot
keep your eye on the couch for the poo

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

The Deadly Hume posted:

I was worried Sid had died but no he's just quitting while he's ahead.

9 is rather old for an English Bulldog all things considered. He's had a couple of years in the sun and now he just gets to chill and nap.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I can't think of any dogs that would be good to represent the Saints.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
a Saint Bernard carrying some Rum Sixty Six

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

Periphery posted:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
melbourne would be some lovely little dog like a boston terrier or french bulldog - not very threatening, not very good at being a dog, and has rich owners who dont really like dogs all that much

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

Periphery posted:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
The AFL would need to recruit Chris Kenny to be their mascot to keep all the other mascots scared enough to behave themselves

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

:slick:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
"Television viewers will be able to see how far and how fast the game's best runners go in 2018 after the players agreed in principle to make such information public.

After much debate, players have agreed during CBA negotiations for in-game GPS tracking data to be shown during games if broadcasters adhere to certain restrictions on what is publicly revealed."

mite b good

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

TG-Chrono posted:

"Television viewers will be able to see how far and how fast the game's best runners go in 2018 after the players agreed in principle to make such information public.

After much debate, players have agreed during CBA negotiations for in-game GPS tracking data to be shown during games if broadcasters adhere to certain restrictions on what is publicly revealed."

mite b good

The AFLPA forced broadcasters to agree only to highlight the top players in any given stat not the bottom ones

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

The AFLPA forced broadcasters to agree only to highlight the top players in any given stat not the bottom ones

That's pretty fair, don't want it to turn into a mockery of the slower players, wouldn't be good for mental health, might even pressure slower players to run more and risk injuries

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Not to mention a full back or full forward wouldn't run as much as a midfielder (although with how the game moves now maybe not) and you wouldn't want to be called lazy just for playing your position properly.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Bleh, Michael Apeness has done his PCL again, will be out for the rest of the season, poor bugger can't get on the park. Doesn't help when other bigger guys Zac Clarke and Alex Pearce are also out indefinitely.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

MysticalMachineGun posted:

:drat:

Adelaide Alsatians

That'll go well with South Australia's German heritage

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

The Deadly Hume posted:

I was worried Sid had died but no he's just quitting while he's ahead.

He truly is the Prince Phillip of Bulldogs.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

Literally nobody would object to fremantle rebranding as the freo doggos

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

ZombieJesus posted:

Literally nobody would object to fremantle rebranding as the freo doggos

I would, purely because the term doggo is the worst thing the internet has wrought since RickRolling

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Shmoses posted:

I would, purely because the term doggo is the worst thing the internet has wrought since RickRolling

WRONG AS H*CK

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Shmoses posted:

what about pupper?

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

gay picnic defence posted:

what about pupper?

That'll be Peels rebrand

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Shmoses posted:

I don't want to overreact, but this post is really doing me a bamboozle.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Shmoses posted:

:goonsay:

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Shmoses posted:

I object because doggo is good, freo is bad

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Taylor Harris has asked for a trade to a Victorian club :)

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Shmoses posted:

this post is so bad i thought fatman had written it

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Adam Simpson's daughter, who must be 5 or something, just interrupted a live cross on fox footy and it was awesome.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Caesar the Doggo is on 360!

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

tnimark posted:

Taylor Harris has asked for a trade to a Victorian club :)

Dibs

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
I stand by my slating of doggo memes. They're normie PG garbage that you show your kids. The Play School of memes. There'll be a series of doggo/pupper kids books soon.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Father-Daughter rule is officially a thing now, the games limit is 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Shmoses posted:

I stand by my slating of doggo memes. They're normie PG garbage that you show your kids. The Play School of memes. There'll be a series of doggo/pupper kids books soon.

You seem very edgy and cool to me.

• Locked thread