Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Shmoses posted:

I stand by my slating of doggo memes. They're normie PG garbage that you show your kids. The Play School of memes. There'll be a series of doggo/pupper kids books soon.

play school is cool and good and i like being able to introduce children to surrealist humour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

tnimark posted:

You seem very edgy and cool to me.
Eh I work in social media so I probably just tire of this poo poo quicker than most

Divorced And Curious posted:

play school is cool and good and i like being able to introduce children to surrealist humour
Play School is fine but not sure I'd call doggos surrealist humour. Show them birb memes

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

pls be coming home to the demons tayla

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I only subscribe to top tiers memes, such as pepe the frog

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
sleep tight pupper died, thanks for bringing up that sad memory

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I've called various dogs of ours doggo for years before the internet made it a "thing".

Besides there's also the phrase "lie doggo" which is probably where it originated.

On the other hand, infantilism is pretty annoying but it's probably come up as a innate response to all the horrible poo poo that's happened over the last year or so I dunno. Anyway.

fatman
Oct 20, 2005

"I DON'T WANT A RIOTING SCUMBAG AS A NEIGHBOUR"? WELL I DON'T WANT A FUCKWIT GUN NUT AS A POSTER
:fuckoff:

put both hands in posted:

this post is so bad i thought fatman had written it

No because Rickrolling rocks, and will never go out of fashion.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Oh god I summoned him. I'm so sorry thread

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I've never heard of the doggo meme because I live under a rock apparently but doggo to me just means the poo poo shift

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

put both hands in posted:

Oh god I summoned him. I'm so sorry thread

I think it might be my fault

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I figure it should be the Essendon Greyhounds, mistreated by their boss resulting in them being banned for a period of time and have since been trying to recover credibility among the punters.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

tnimark posted:

Taylor Harris has asked for a trade to a Victorian club :)

Visy Ambassador Tayla Harris has a certain ring to it.

:getin:

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Already heard wild speculation that it is "proof" that inside word is Richmond will get a women's team so that Tayla and Dusty can be at the same club. Double Richmond premiership in 2019 confirmed.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Calling dogs doggs or pupper is dumb but who cares but naming a team after a meme would be bad and stupid so the teams I don't like should do this

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

Father-Daughter rule is officially a thing now, the games limit is 1

Just change it to the "Legacy Rule". A nice little blanket name that covers Father-Son ,Father-Daughter ,Mother-Son etc.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Port Adelaide Pepes

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Apparently Carlton have lost a big sponsor

Edit: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/blues-face-1-million-black-hole-as-sponsor-pulls-out-20170510-gw20yl.html

Spedman fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 10, 2017

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Chairchucker posted:

Calling dogs doggs or pupper is dumb but who cares but naming a team after a meme would be bad and stupid so the teams I don't like should do this
At least no clubs has ever gone as far as The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim.

(I know they're just the Anaheim Ducks now.)

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Melbourne avoided this problem by just not getting a sponsor to begin with

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

realbez posted:

I've never heard of the doggo meme because I live under a rock apparently but doggo to me just means the poo poo shift

I think Shomes is getting his memes confused. It's "dogge" or "doge" not "doggo"

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Sorry Mark, we have no idea what's wrong with your KERS mate...

You Am I posted:

I think Shomes is getting his memes confused. It's "dogge" or "doge" not "doggo"

doggo and pupper is the dogrates twitter meme AFAIK

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

lotharr posted:

doggo and pupper is the dogrates twitter meme AFAIK

They're good memes, lotharr

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Sorry Mark, we have no idea what's wrong with your KERS mate...

Solemn Sloth posted:

They're good memes, lotharr

13/10 repostable as h*ck

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!
What the gently caress is going on in this thread?
It's worse than the off season where someone claimed Passiona was the best soft drink going around.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Uh Passiona is the best soft drink going around bro

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Hang on not aggressive enough

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Uh Passiona is the best soft drink going around bro

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
More like Passiownsa

Good, great even. We can finally get rid of the big fuckoff green logo from the back of our jumper. Maybe I can buy a new one next year now, I've been wanting to buy a new jumper for a few years but have been unable due to the shittyness of that logo.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

That's a weird way to spell Fruita, mate

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

drunkill posted:

More like Passiownsa

Good, great even. We can finally get rid of the big fuckoff green logo from the back of our jumper. Maybe I can buy a new one next year now, I've been wanting to buy a new jumper for a few years but have been unable due to the shittyness of that logo.

Riches to rags hey

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Oh, they'll have a new sponsor in 3 weeks. They're only a million out. Hopefully they have a better logo (or none at all)

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

pkid posted:

What the gently caress is going on in this thread?
It's worse than the off season where someone claimed Passiona was the best soft drink going around.

Look its been a slow news week what with the passing of an all time legend and the imminent sacking of Nathan Buckley

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Doggo

Pupper

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 07:31 on May 11, 2017

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Thats a mighty fine doggo, not keen on the soccer ball though, doesn't really belong in this thread

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just realised it's Thursday and there isn't football tonight :smith:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Pasito gets no love :(

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

drat. the Norf vs. Swans match is a tough one to tip

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
nice to see goodwin making a strong statement to the team after the first half debacle against the hawks by dropping ... a fringe small forward

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Holy poo poo Redpath is back after one game in the VFL. I guess we kinda got our hand forced since we don't have any other natural forwards that are either not on our injury list or still recovering.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

snaeksikn posted:

nice to see goodwin making a strong statement to the team after the first half debacle against the hawks by dropping ... a fringe small forward

Adelaide dropped nobody at all! We don't have a hamstring problem, but Jake Lever is going to miss another game with a hamstring strain, and Riley Knight, having just returned from a hamstring strain, is out with a... corked glute, yes that's it. We promoted Hugh Greenwood though, our quite powerfully built ex-UNM Lobos and Perth Wildcats Point Guard, I hope he gets a go sometime soon because he's doing quite well in the SANFL.

thepokey posted:

Thats a mighty fine doggo, not keen on the soccer ball though, doesn't really belong in this thread

He's got a proper football, but I couldn't find any photos of him with it.

The Deadly Hume posted:

Pasito gets no love :(

I like Pasito

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

Adelaide dropped nobody at all! We don't have a hamstring problem, but Jake Lever is going to miss another game with a hamstring strain, and Riley Knight, having just returned from a hamstring strain, is out with a... corked glute, yes that's it. We promoted Hugh Greenwood though, our quite powerfully built ex-UNM Lobos and Perth Wildcats Point Guard, I hope he gets a go sometime soon because he's doing quite well in the SANFL.

He's got a proper football, but I couldn't find any photos of him with it.

I like Pasito

Why bother dropping players when you can just play then into form

• Locked thread