Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

is it as better than system shock 2

keep in mind how high a bar that is to surpass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

It is fuckin amazing.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Holy poo poo, I put a couple upgrades into the shotgun's damage and I'm smashing phantom faces in

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

got back into persona 5

in the futaba dungeon now, about 33 hours in.

i really wanna meld black frost since he was easy mode in persona 4 but i think it requires a really high level now. new game + i guess.

i'm right about there after losing a month or more of game time and having to redo the bank palace because the game doesn't have a loving autosave system in TYOOL 2017 :argh:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Prey is really good and spooky. Once I'm done with that game, I'll get on Nier.

Let's be honest though, Wipeout and Dirt 4 come out in a month. Those will take up all of my time.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
How well is Prey optimized? Would my crummy i5-2400/GTX950-combo run it without the game looking like rear end?

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
It's optimized really well. It's using the Cryengine instead of the in house Arkane one. I have a similar CPU and a 1060 with no slowdown.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

A friend of mine has been playing Wonderwall over voice while the game is starting in PUBG and jesus it's like catnip for white people

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

i'm right about there after losing a month or more of game time and having to redo the bank palace because the game doesn't have a loving autosave system in TYOOL 2017 :argh:

thats happened to me a couple times

im just about done with the dungeon now, there's a lot to it. Fun though.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Next time I knock down a dude in PUBG i'm gonna start reading galtse over voice until he bleeds out or quits.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Slim Pickens posted:

Next time I knock down a dude in PUBG i'm gonna start reading galtse over voice until he bleeds out or quits.

As long as I'm not in your squad. If you do it while I'm alive I'm pulling a Two Finger/iKon

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I'm​ playing dragon quest builders and it's pretty fun

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

Pesticide20 posted:

As long as I'm not in your squad. If you do it while I'm alive I'm pulling a Two Finger/iKon

The LOD came back. Since you weren't wearing a reflective vest while operating the motorcycle your medical treatment will not be covered.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pesticide20 posted:

it only takes like 2 minutes to bleed out, we probably won't get blue walled/rolled up by another squad

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i request one of you music guys play the Hulk HOgan REal American song too

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I'm a bad person after Pesticide20 (I think?) gifted me PUBG and I haven't played with you guys yet, because my dumb macbook can't play it on windows in a VM and I have linux installed on my desktop like an idiot. Sooooo I've been meaning to buy a new SSD so I can dual boot windows for games. It should be here by Wednesday and then I'll finally join you guys. Let's hope my 8 year old video card can handle it at lowest detail and resolution :lol:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the problems with the game so far are memory related.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Is 8 gigs of 8 year old RAM gonna be a problem? Fuuuuuck I need to build a new desktop.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
well when you first load it don't judge everything based on the pregame area or probably at least until a minute or two after you've actually landed on the ground to decide if it's playable or not. I have a relatively modern build and that poo poo gets weird anyhow, mainly from connection and server side poo poo. Hell if you play with lowest graphics settings I think it ends up being an advantage!

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Shot a dude point blank twice center mass with a shotty and he didn't die and wrecked me with the M9. I was so confused. Ugh.

Love PUBG so much despite that.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
clientside hit detection and lag is the culprit most of the time

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
NDA gets lifted on Quake Champions next time the beta goes live on the 12th. They're letting everyone in, anyone who signs up should get a code by Thursday. We also get to see the new objective mode.

http://www.pcgamer.com/quake-champions-beta-test-opens-up-to-everyone-later-this-week/

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
so uhh, what happens if a random internet person breaches the nda? bethesda wont let you into any more betas? kinda weird that press outlets ndas are already up but not the general public

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

who knows they probably wanted to prevent people from just making GBS threads on the game right out the gate. which they're going to do anyway come the 12th.

the game looks nice but the whole champion thing is essentially a non-starter when it comes to deathmatch/1v1 poo poo which is like 90% of the competitive poo poo people care about. zooming increases damage on most weapons so you can melt people with an lightning gun, and one shot nearly every non-armored champion in the game with a zoomed in rail shot

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bolow posted:

the whole champion thing is essentially a non-starter when it comes to deathmatch/1v1 poo poo which is like 90% of the competitive poo poo people care about. zooming increases damage on most weapons so you can melt people with an lightning gun, and one shot nearly every non-armored champion in the game with a zoomed in rail shot

Sooo, basically the same thing other quake games do?

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

so uhh, what happens if a random internet person breaches the nda? bethesda wont let you into any more betas? kinda weird that press outlets ndas are already up but not the general public

They've been taking down youtube videos, no idea if they've knocked those guys out of the beta. Tons of people have been talking about nda stuff all over the internet and it'd be impossible to enforce.

Bolow posted:

who knows they probably wanted to prevent people from just making GBS threads on the game right out the gate. which they're going to do anyway come the 12th.

the game looks nice but the whole champion thing is essentially a non-starter when it comes to deathmatch/1v1 poo poo which is like 90% of the competitive poo poo people care about. zooming increases damage on most weapons so you can melt people with an lightning gun, and one shot nearly every non-armored champion in the game with a zoomed in rail shot

The main mode the game will be based around is the objective based mode "sacrifice" which we should get our first look at this week. I assume it will be something about holding ground or moving a flag/ball. It will probably allow players to play differing roles with the champs like the tribes games.

Only the railgun and HMG get bonus damage from zoom.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Bethesda did put your email in screen shots of a beta client which was pretty funny. People got some of their beta access removed because of this. But mostly it is a non issue.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

:dogge:

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 10, 2017

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

orange juche posted:

Sooo, basically the same thing other quake games do?

The Rail does 80 instead of 100 damage in Q3A and the LG is doing like 33% more damage when zoomed in. So no?

subterfudge posted:

Only the railgun and HMG get bonus damage from zoom.

The first 2 weeks of the beta test this wasn't the case. I haven't been able to play since because bethesda's launcher refuses to download the update or the game in any capacity no matter how many times I reinstall it.

Bolow fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 9, 2017

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
They haven't actually changed that though, it's been the same since day one. There was a misconception about that on the forums.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Finally gave Nier an honest go, it is super anime but a pretty fun button mashing hack 'n slash action RPG. It took a bit to get going for me, though. Some of it is extreme cringeworthy anime poo poo but aside from that I'm digging it. The story seems better than I expected I guess, it piqued my interest a little bit. Pls no spoils

I'm way late but I need to finish this poo poo so I can get on Horizon dawn and finally finish Zelda

Also Titanfall 2 is a lot better these days. Wish all the changes and added poo poo was available much earlier but hey. We have a psmessages chat group with 40 people so coordinating full games is pretty easy. So if you want in on that let me know. You can mute the app so the chat doesn't blow up your phone etc

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 10, 2017

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Holy poo poo, level 3 cargo heavy lifting in Prey is amazing. I just hurled a giant 1960's era tape drive at an alien and it exploded

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I just made a big pile of human corpses and recycled them for organic matter.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

But enough about Trumpcare

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

SOYLENT GREEN IS MADE OF PEOPLE

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Two Finger posted:

But enough about Trumpcare

:discourse:

GiP, I have shameful confession to make. I've been playing Mass Effect: Andromeda, and... I've been sort of having fun? Don't get me wrong, the game is still janky as gently caress, but the combat & character development systems carry it quite a bit.

Still doesn't excuse "sorry, my face is tired" or the fact that all Asari & Angara have the exact same loving face. There's a decent game hidden underneath all the bullshit, which makes the experience rather frustrating at times.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Missionary Positron posted:

:discourse:

GiP, I have shameful confession to make. I've been playing Mass Effect: Andromeda, and... I've been sort of having fun? Don't get me wrong, the game is still janky as gently caress, but the combat & character development systems carry it quite a bit.

Still doesn't excuse "sorry, my face is tired" or the fact that all Asari & Angara have the exact same loving face. There's a decent game hidden underneath all the bullshit, which makes the experience rather frustrating at times.

That's what pisses me off the most about Andromeda, the game had a poo poo ton of potential, and they hosed it up on so many levels.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

orange juche posted:

That's what pisses me off the most about Andromeda, the game had a poo poo ton of potential, and they hosed it up on so many levels.

Exactly. It would be one thing if every single thing about the game was mediocre at best, but when you can see that there actual flashes of greatness and a pretty solid foundation in general, it makes the whole experience frustrating.

Kinda like Prometheus.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

ME:A was like ME1. Fun and dumb. And hopefully ME:A2 will show the same sort of improvement the original trilogy did.

Also, thanks to this thread I've been getting into PUBG. It's loving amazing. When it's fully developed and polished up it's gonna make so much money.

re: gaming headphones. Do I want to buy stereo or 7.1 headphones? I currently have a pair of lovely little Logitech speakers, and am looking to change it up.

Dude McAwesome fucked around with this message at 14:14 on May 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

What does the recycling system do? I'm allergic to any sort of crafting system in games.