Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well there ya go. He may be crazy, but he's got a knack for remembering famous dates in history!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Ein cooler Typ posted:

why didn't Jimmy just have Huell reverse pickpocket a live grenade into Chuck's pocket

Either way we got a fallout between the brothers.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Thread moved fast, but has anyone acknowledged that if Huell was on the witness list that both Hamlin and Chuck would have asked who he was before the actual hearing? Chuck even mentions to Rebecca that she's not on the witness list. He'd certainly wonder why some person he never even heard of was on the witness list.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Would the witness list say why each person is a witness? They might just think he's a private investigator.

TheBlackVegetable
Oct 29, 2006

The Human Crouton posted:

Thread moved fast, but has anyone acknowledged that if Huell was on the witness list that both Hamlin and Chuck would have asked who he was before the actual hearing? Chuck even mentions to Rebecca that she's not on the witness list. He'd certainly wonder why some person he never even heard of was on the witness list.

They probably thought he was the voice-recording expert they were expecting Jimmy to bring.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

They thought it was Huell Howser and he was going to spend an hour telling a really boring story about beans or something.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Grand Fromage posted:

They thought it was Huell Howser and he was going to spend an hour telling a really boring story about beans or something.

How dare you. That man was a treasure.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Grand Fromage posted:

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

why didn't Jimmy just have Huell reverse pickpocket a live grenade into Chuck's pocket

Who in the BB universe looks the most like a Bethesda character model? I'd say Todd

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Grand Fromage posted:

If you think that Huell Howser is boring then just gently caress you :colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l99Ek4YtTuw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBb2p8GHlnE

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah he's lost so much weight I wasn't 100% sure it was Huell at first.

Goon Face Blindness strikes again

Supercar Gautier posted:

If Huell stole something from Chuck that would be a problem, but he didn't do that. He just planted a harmless item on him.

It seems kind of odd to me that Huell "professional pickpocket" Babineaux shows up in court to testify on the record to his ability to perform sleight-of-hand. That seems like a kinda self-destructive move.

Colonel Whitey posted:

Who in the BB universe looks the most like a Bethesda character model? I'd say Todd

Well given Bethesda's capacity for character animation I'm gonna say Walt Jr.

straight to hell

Platystemon posted:

They should have replaced the exit signs with radioactive tritium versions for that wholesome EM‐free illumination.

Light is EM radiation

PassTheRemote posted:

You know what touch I liked, when Hamlin was on the witness stand talking about how Jimmy was not hired due to fear of nepotism, and Kim asking who the other Hamlin was. I swear I saw a smirk out of the side of Howard's mouth, like a "well played".

he sure does

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/KlutzyVibrantFlyinglemur-mobile.mp4

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Sagebrush posted:

Well given Bethesda's capacity for character animation I'm gonna say Walt Jr.

straight to hell

I think this post sent me to hell too by association

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

The last three episodes and this last one in particular have been really great.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Sagebrush posted:

he sure does

That is a great little facial expression right there.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Sagebrush posted:

Goon Face Blindness strikes again

I'm fine with not instantly recognizing a side character from a TV show I haven't seen in five years.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Platystemon posted:

Still uses the pickpocket skill.

Now I'm just picturing doing that in Daggerfall and having a 100 guards come from everywhere after Huell

Halt! Halt! Ha-ha-ha-lt-lt-lt! Halt! Ha-Halt-Halt-Halt!

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Huell? Who the heck is Huell? That was LAAAANDSLIDE

:nexus:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

drunken officeparty posted:

Huell? Who the heck is Huell? That was LAAAANDSLIDE

:nexus:

I bet his diarrhea is nasty! :haw:

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008

Ninja Bob posted:

That is a great little facial expression right there.

Howard is the best character.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Good episode, somehow they wrap this up in 3 more?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

5 more, isn't it? This is a 10-episode season.

I know all the cretins in this thread like to complain that the show is too slow but I wonder if they realize that basically this entire Chuck vs. Jimmy Hearing story has taken place in 5 episodes? This season started out just after Chuck made the recording.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Grand Fromage posted:

I'm fine with not instantly recognizing a side character from a TV show I haven't seen in five years.

Who also is 120ish pounds lighter than when we last saw him

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I didn't think it was possible to confuse that forehead for anyone else's. It's very...distinct.

Good for him though with his weight loss.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Jeez this last episode was good, just wow. The most incredible self own in recent television history.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ak Gara posted:

Good for him though with his weight loss.

Yeah but in‐universe, it’s a massive weight gain.

Philip Rivers posted:

Jeez this last episode was good, just wow. The most incredible self own in recent television history.

Not true. I see self‐owns that good quite regularly on the news programs these days.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Gilligan and his writers are too smart to comment on politics but I'm certain that they were surprised just how unbelievable that Sean Spicer character is.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

God drat that was satisfying.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Platystemon posted:

Yeah but in‐universe, it’s a massive weight gain.

Now I'm wondering in what way does Jimmy screw up that causes Huell to binge eat.

'cos you know it's gonna be Jimmy's fault.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That's like 60kg in six years
7700 extra calories per kilo = about extra 211 calories every day for the first year double that on the next year triple on the year after that...
Two twinkies are 270 kcal
That's about 3422 extra twinkies he'd have to consume.

E: After adding his BMR into the calculation he'd have to eat about 4-5 extra twinkies a day to get this fat over 6 years

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 11:56 on May 10, 2017

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I love the guy they cast as the state bar prosecutor (what that his role? I don't know what the gently caress any more). Gilligan can craft deep and complex characters, but he never misses the chance to throw a caricature on screen when he can get away with it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Never mind all that poo poo, The podcast is up!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
What's the name of the official poderino cast?

Frankenfinger
May 1, 2007
I hope Lavelle Crawford keeps losing weight and the loving Reddit spergs lose their mind because he's 235 in season 5, which is like 1 year before Breaking Bad begins in the continuity and they riot and burn down a city.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

better call saul insider podcast
http://movietouch.sony.com.edgesuite.net/podcasts/better_call_saul_v1/better_call_saul_insider_podcast.xml

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Frankenfinger posted:

I hope Lavelle Crawford keeps losing weight and the loving Reddit spergs lose their mind because he's 235 in season 5, which is like 1 year before Breaking Bad begins in the continuity and they riot and burn down a city.

Oh Babinaux, you're so big...

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I DEMAND that actors die at 45 for my tv continuity pleasure

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

CBJSprague24 posted:

Michael McKean is akin to Kevin Spacey in House of Cards where his character is a scumbag you'd have to restrain yourself from punching if you met in real life because he plays the character so well that they seem so real and you'd have to remind yourself it's an actor. It's wild.

Nah ... I'll never be able to seperate McKean from David St.Hubbins.

As somebody else mentioned: the last BCS episode should have cut to black with Chuck staring at the EXIT sign and then THIS should have been the soundtrack music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk9aThIovMA

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I liked when they asked Chuck if he would have let Rebecca know if he had lung cancer and he replied "..Maybe??" Felt like a nod to Walter White

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Philip Rivers posted:

"Killed them all of course."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

I know all the cretins in this thread like to complain that the show is too slow but I wonder if they realize that basically this entire Chuck vs. Jimmy Hearing story has taken place in 5 episodes? This season started out just after Chuck made the recording.

I mean, Jimmy went through more than one plot arc in season 1, too. The show is definitely significantly slower than it used to be. After this latest episode, complaining about that is ridiculous.

• Locked thread