Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
But will the gear system finally let us fill her hole?

ed: cool, great top of the page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Other than the dumb glow eyes the god shader actually looks pretty slick, especially on Superman.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

McSpanky posted:

True but it's still notable that they're within the human(oid) norm, Wonder Woman in the last game was swinging bowling balls.

I didn't notice because her loving awful face was always the first thing I noted. it was def most egregious with MK9; Injustice 1 was just flat-out loving ugly from top to bottom, though: Raven's face, Batman's costume/stance, Joker's face, Lex Luthor's baggy eyes. poo poo, even compared to things like Tanya or certain expressions from MKX, a moderately good looking game, Injustice 2 is lightyears ahead.

I remember how bad the walk speed and movement was in the first game, too; so slow, which is how Deathstroke or Martian Manhunter clowned people who got careless. There wasn't an air escape move in that game either, if I'm remembering correctly.

Saint Freak posted:

But will the gear system finally let us fill her hole?

Since premier skins are, in essence, a gear skin, people like Power Girl and Jon Stewart have no additional aesthetics. They get gear stats but no physically appearing gear, sadly.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

DLC Inc posted:

Since premier skins are, in essence, a gear skin, people like Power Girl and Jon Stewart have no additional aesthetics. They get gear stats but no physically appearing gear, sadly.

Ed Boon you jerk

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I'm sure there will be an endless tirade of jokes about it in the intros and such.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

FunkMonkey posted:

I'm sure there will be an endless tirade of jokes about it in the intros and such.

I am seriously going to keep count how many times Black Canary is called or refers to herself as "a screamer"

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
God shader is Raiden, demon shader is Shinnok. Where's Actor shader? (Adds sunglasses, glowing green aura, and tattoo of the character's name across their chest)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Jimmy Hats posted:

God shader is Raiden, demon shader is Shinnok. Where's Actor shader? (Adds sunglasses, glowing green aura, and tattoo of the character's name across their chest)

I will pay whatever is demanded for a skin that is just Bruce Wayne in shades and tight leather pants with "B-MONEY" in gothic font across his chest.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

That Power Girl skin looks like poo poo imo. John looks awesome.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

He so handsome.

Power Girl looks so much like an older Kara that I'm wondering if there's going to be a point in the story where she takes on the role to escape the Super Stigma. Probably not though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Power Girl is literally the alternate continuity Supergirl (Kara Zor-El, Kara Zor-L) much like how there was an alternate Kal-L and Superboy Prime, so it makes sense that they have similar features and share the same movepool.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Supergirl but with two huge differences

A stupid outfit and a cat.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Supergirl but with two huge differences

A stupid outfit and a cat.

Supergirl had a cat! In fact Power Girl's cat is (retroactively) a reference to that.

She also had a lot of very stupid outfits.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

Power Girl is literally the alternate continuity Supergirl (Kara Zor-El, Kara Zor-L) much like how there was an alternate Kal-L and Superboy Prime, so it makes sense that they have similar features and share the same movepool.

Ah hah. Don't really read the super stuff.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Ok she's Supergirl, but who has never once dated a horse then.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Ok she's Supergirl, but who has never once dated a horse then.

can't believe Beta Ray Bill is gonna be in this.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Some guy on Reddit brightened up Power Girl's costume and it looks way better imo:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

yeah that's much better, maybe it'll look like that with better lighting than the grimdark shadows of the preview picture

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Uh, so Jennifer Aniston as PG.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

FunkMonkey posted:

I will pay whatever is demanded for a skin that is just Bruce Wayne in shades and tight leather pants with "B-MONEY" in gothic font across his chest.

:same:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

FunkMonkey posted:

Please welcome, Mister Bruce Wayne
The grey-eyed billionaire from Gotham, New Jersey
He's cool, he's hot, he's crazy
HERE'S BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE WAAAAAAAAAAYNE

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I look forward to the Player 2 version with YENOM-B written across his chest.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Uh, so Jennifer Aniston as PG.

So would you say that makes Power Girl a......Super Friend?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Uh oh, that's definitely going to rub some people the wrong way.

EDIT: I'm reading that apparently that's just how the MS store works, that's the date the pack will be available for purchase not the date the content is available.

fadam fucked around with this message at 17:59 on May 10, 2017

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I doubt all the characters will be available on that date though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

yeah I think it's the same way games are listed as coming out on December 31st on Amazon all the time.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

As shady as releasing a DLC pack of characters day 1 would be, having an even bigger roster to play around with would be neat.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

fadam posted:

As shady as releasing a DLC pack of characters day 1 would be, having an even bigger roster to play around with would be neat.

I'm sure the everyone and their grandma who want to play Red Hood wouldn't complain.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

How long until the movie skins are added to the game?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

How long until the movie skins are added to the game?

They'll probably be special gear you earn from themed Multiverse events or something

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hopefully never because those movies look like poo poo. Deadshot and Harley Quinn look almost exactly like their movie counterparts though

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Suicide Squad won the Oscar for best makeup.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Literally the only thing it had a ghost of a chance even being nominated for.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

well I mean Crash won Best Picture so mistakes can be made

I'm looking forward to Enchantress, the Marvel version, in DLC Pack 2

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Would pay good money for a Mocap skin

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Jimmy Hats posted:

Would pay good money for a Mocap skin

NRS should use Mocap as their training mode dummy in all their games, like Dan in SF4

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Saint Freak posted:

That's as many Oscar wins as the entire Shrek franchise.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Roth posted:

That's as many Oscar wins as the entire Shrek franchise.

It's more than the entire Marvel cinema universe combined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
The only thing that bothers me (comic book logic hurrr) is that every character on the roster has a reason to be there justified by the comics except for Joker. Was Joker really that popular of a character in the last game?

Shazam is dead, Sinestro is obviously gone because Green Lantern has a back story that explains the return of the corps, Green Arrow/Black Canary/Dr. Fate are there via comics,

I want to say Joker did something to Scarecrow leading up to the last Injustice, but we get Robert Englund voicing him so I'm happy.

Why waste a slot on Joker?

• Locked thread