Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I completely forgot about mods. :downs: Yeah, that was causing the issue. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So that Starbreeze stream is going on they're talking about Raid.

Sure nice to see the Payday 2 engine still get some use after it's gonna get dropped for Payday 3.

Oh, John Cleese is in Raid trailer.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Going better than expected. Demo for engine used for TWD looks good (though it's a demo, so idk)
DBD remote interview is a bit choppy, but they're handling it well.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What happened to the Discord? I have been out of town for two weeks.

Should we create a new channel to discuss your vacation?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
On the Starbreeze twitch stream Almir just said that there is still stuff in Payday 2 that hasn't been discovered...

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

On the Starbreeze twitch stream Almir just said that there is still stuff in Payday 2 that hasn't been discovered...

Quickly, to the decompiler!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Just loving murder me right now

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Also Ethan and Hila from YT are going to be the final paid DLC for Payday 2

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

:siren: And most of the DLC is 85% off until June 8, where it disappears forever. :siren:

I say most of it because the stuff that was absurdly cheap in the first place apparently can't go that low.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

maswastaken posted:

:siren: And most of the DLC is 85% off until June 8, where it disappears forever. :siren:

I say most of it because the stuff that was absurdly cheap in the first place apparently can't go that low.

Wait, what?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

DLC is on sale until June where it is pulled from the store and they just sell a new edition with everything bundled, minus timed exclusives like the preorder bonus or COP.

The very last paid DLC is this October with Youtube personalities as heisters, with all profits from the pack going to said Youtube people.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Wilko brought us a desync fix. Let's all worship him.

Tempest_56 posted:

Wait, what?

There's a hard price floor on steam games, probably 99 cents.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Discendo Vox posted:

Blood and Bacon, normally $1, has gone on sale for less than that. a whole 89 cents instead! :v:
Super Hexagon, normally $3, was 90% off (29 cents) once upon a time.
Also a great deal of PD2 DLC, right now, is 74 cents. B-sides is 49.

My guess is Ovk just picked a big discount number to get the last cheap DLC crowd's purchases in but :shrug:

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 10, 2017

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Discendo Vox posted:

Wilko brought us a desync fix. Let's all worship him.

Certainly can go lower than that, I've locked my bank account buying stupid poo poo en mass before.

Oh yeah, desyncs neat too I guess

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Wilko posted:

Certainly can go lower than that, I've locked my bank account buying stupid poo poo en mass before.

sounds like someone didn't follow the steam sale thread advice of putting money directly into your steam wallet pre-sale to avoid this very problem! :v:

e: removing more about steam prices, it's not important

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:55 on May 10, 2017

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Wilko please give a wedgie to Jules for a) not acknowledging bullet sponges were a bad idea and b) having someone else do it for him 8 months down the line. Thanks.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Stream takeaways:

• Desync is fixed, will hit soon (thank you Wilko).
  • Updating was fixed (thank you Wilko).
  • Balance changes are incoming.
  • Payday 2 is being supported through October 2018.
  • All content released from now on will be free, with one exception:
  • Ethan and Hila will be added as a paid H3H3 character pack. Proceeds from this DLC will go straight to them. I am not joking.
  • Now through June 8th, all DLC is massively discounted (~85%).
  • At June 8th, all DLC (aside from H3H3) is being bundled into Payday 2 Ultimate Edition, which will be the only way to buy the game. This will not include COP.
  • Payday 2 Ultimate will cost 45$.
  • Additionally, Payday 2 will have a VR version, which will be free for Payday 2 owners.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

That is an absolute falsehood, and also not the part that I was questioning.

UnknownMercenary posted:

DLC is on sale until June where it is pulled from the store and they just sell a new edition with everything bundled, minus timed exclusives like the preorder bonus or COP.

This was. And not actually sure how I feel about it? Half the ease of trying to get people into Payday was that it was regularly on 75% off sale and you could just buy random crap as it appealed. A $45 price tag it pretty steep for a four year old game (even with all the added content).

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
VR teaser's up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTwSQLkJy5Q

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I'm not surprised Hila is in Payday.

Her time in the IDF makes her fully equipped to handle a bulldozer

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Tempest_56 posted:

That is an absolute falsehood, and also not the part that I was questioning.

This was. And not actually sure how I feel about it? Half the ease of trying to get people into Payday was that it was regularly on 75% off sale and you could just buy random crap as it appealed. A $45 price tag it pretty steep for a four year old game (even with all the added content).

Sorry, bad info on my part. Regarding the rest, the site says:

quote:

Is there a secret motive behind these actions we're not being told?
There are three motives behind this: the first is to say Thank You to all our current players who have purchased the base game and any DLC by offering an opportunity to buy the remaining content for an all-time high discount of 85%. The second motive is to consolidate the store page and offer an easy way for new players to get into the game. As of now, if someone would purchase the base game and all DLC, said person will have to pay over 200 dollars and purchase around 40 products to get the ultimate PAYDAY 2 experience. We want to make that easier for new players at an affordable price. The third motive is to try something new - only when we dare to do something different, we offer ourselves an opportunity to learn more. If the community reacts positively to the changes we make, we have succeeded. If the general community sentiment is negative we have failed. If we fail, we will investigate why and try our best to amend that mistake. We have the privilege of having a community that supports us because they understand that we sometimes will need to try new things. So thank you again to our community for supporting us.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 10, 2017

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
If I tell them dumb YouTube tie-ins will mean I'm not buying poo poo, will they learn from that mistake

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

RandallODim posted:

If I tell them dumb YouTube tie-ins will mean I'm not buying poo poo, will they learn from that mistake

no

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

drat

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Discendo Vox posted:

Stream takeaways:

[list]

[*](The Ultimate Edition)will not include COP.

Oh hell yes. The anger from this is going to be just the best.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

RandallODim posted:

I haven't bought a DLC since the House Party update and they're still thinking "it's fine."

So again, no.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Decided to replay this game for the first time since about a year after launch, snapped up all the uber-cheap DLC I didn't already have since I plan on sticking with this until October. Is there anything I should download/install UI mod wise or whatever? Can I get a Discord invite? How hard is it to play with goons, and how hosed am I getting back into the game after all these years?

Deviant posted:

I'm not surprised Hila is in Payday.

Her time in the IDF makes her fully equipped to handle a bulldozer

I understood this reference!

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

Decided to replay this game for the first time since about a year after launch, snapped up all the uber-cheap DLC I didn't already have since I plan on sticking with this until October. Is there anything I should download/install UI mod wise or whatever? Can I get a Discord invite? How hard is it to play with goons, and how hosed am I getting back into the game after all these years?
Nothing you have to get but PocoHUD is fairly popular.
Invite sent, expires within 30 minutes. (Vox's rules)
If you're American or elsewhere but willing to stay up at crazy hours, easy enough.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
Can I get a Discord invite?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198005766571/

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

You don't have PMs so could you get into the Steam group chat or something?

Edit: On a slightly related note, I have the stupidest Steam name right now.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
new idea for a weapon mod pack: http://taskandpurpose.com/gunsticles-testicles-guns-nuts-gonads/

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Crabtree posted:

I am looking forward to literally stealing gold/secrets to some sort of super technology from someone's brain. It's like a Persona and Psychonauts heist all at the same time!

I can almost guarantee we'll get Psychonauts-themed masks and maybe a melee weapon around the time Psychonauts 2 comes out. Raz's goggles would be the most obvious tie-in doodad.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Did they say anything about RAID? Don't really care about Youtube people because at least it ain't someone even worse and neither of these two weirdos is worse than Bodhi. But drat, I guess Payday 2 really will come to an end soon. Good on them to condense all DLC into the Ultimate Edition around June.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

That VR update! I'll be playing this again for sure, might pickup some of this dlc too. Kind of stopped playing around diamond heist release.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
It'll be weird to play with VR players who will get to hold two guns and do all sorts of goofy looking poo poo as they play. PC guys there to make sure they can survive while they flail their arms around to rob a bank.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

With the way akimbo looked in that VR video, maybe they'll finally implement a not-stupid way to shoot akimbo weapons.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

UnknownMercenary posted:

With the way akimbo looked in that VR video, maybe they'll finally implement a not-stupid way to shoot akimbo weapons.

I hope this isn't tacit acknowledgement that they are halfassing VR and not implementing two handed rifles and are going with teleportation instead of real locomotion. I would love to play this game in VR.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

rage-saq posted:

I hope this isn't tacit acknowledgement that they are halfassing VR and not implementing two handed rifles and are going with teleportation instead of real locomotion. I would love to play this game in VR.

When they show the non-VR cross play the VR player is picking the bank back door and then you see him move inside in a way that to me resembles gamepad-style movement. I can't think of any way to make teleportation work that wouldn't be completely game breaking, not to say that Overkill is immune from breaking the game from time to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
the Youtuber DLC pack is being sold to help with a lawsuit: http://kotaku.com/payday-2-makers-donate-dlc-profits-to-help-big-youtuber-1795126319

quote:

Ethan and Hila, who run the YouTube channel H3H3Productions, make sketch comedy and “reaction” videos in which they comment on internet and YouTube culture. Last year, the husband-wife team filmed a video mocking YouTuber Matt Hosseinzadeh, or “Bold Guy,” for his video about picking up girls using parkour. In response, Hosseinzadeh filed a complaint with the Southern District of New York District Court alleging copyright infringement. In the complaint, Hosseinzadeh accuses the Kleins of “purporting to discuss the Work in what they believe to be a humorous manner but in fact reproduces virtually all of the Work as nothing more than a prop.”