Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Hot Diggity! posted:

Also Seahawks DT Jarran Reed is under investigation for domestic violence.

Frank Clark stepping up with the veteran leadership

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm the guy who thinks the Ravens are the third best team in the NFC.

Also, is "cleaning the fishtank" a weird euphemism that I just don't know, or did that dude just pick an oddly specific job?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Come over and clean my fish tank and you'll find out

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Intruder posted:

lol

Now do the AFC for comparison, I'm dying to see more

AFC breakdown:

AFCW - Three good teams, one above average team
AFCE - One good team, one average team, two bad teams
AFCS - Two average teams, two bad teams
AFCN - Two above average teams, one average team, one bad team

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Broncos are a good team, the Packers are not

The Chargers are above average

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

MrLogan posted:

AFC breakdown:

AFCW - Three good teams, one above average team
AFCE - One good team, one average team, two bad teams
AFCN - Two above average teams, one average team, one bad team

Ahh I get it now. You are trolling. It makes so much sense

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

MrLogan posted:

I cant decide which side the Titans and Colts fall on

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

When is Trump going to fire Goodell?

When Congress gets serious about the Russiaahahahaha

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Intruder posted:

The Broncos are a good team, the Packers are not

The Chargers are above average

The Broncos are much better than the Packers. So, yes? The Broncos lost one more game (9-7 vs 10-6), but had a much harder schedule last year; .508 vs .549 SoS.

Athanatos posted:

I cant decide which side the Titans and Colts fall on

Titans are better than the Colts.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The Los Angeles Chargers of Los Angeles, a good team.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrLogan posted:

The Broncos are much better than the Packers. So, yes? The Broncos lost one more game (9-7 vs 10-6), but had a much harder schedule last year; .508 vs .549 SoS.

CyberPingu posted:

Ahh I get it now. You are trolling. It makes so much sense

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Wait are you saying the Chargers are above average. .

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Ravens went 8-8 with a .484 SOS, are a good team

The Packers went 10-6 with a .508 SOS, are not a good team

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

MrLogan posted:

Buhhh this makes no sense. By your rhetoric they should be either both good or both above average

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

a new study bible! posted:

I'm the guy who thinks the Ravens are the third best team in the NFC.

Also, is "cleaning the fishtank" a weird euphemism that I just don't know, or did that dude just pick an oddly specific job?

It's menial labor performed on an prestige item so that he is able to call her career worthless and gloat about being rich at the same time.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Intruder posted:

The Ravens went 8-8 with a .484 SOS, are a good team

The Packers went 10-6 with a .508 SOS, are not a good team

I feel you are putting way too much effort into an arbitrary list from some dude on the internet

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Breaking even with the 24th most difficult schedule in the league... hachi machi that's a strong team.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

weird Asian candy posted:

I feel you are putting way too much effort into an arbitrary list from some dude on the internet

gently caress no. This guy voiced an unpopular opinion based on nothing and must be torn down by multiple people

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

weird Asian candy posted:

I'm having fun with it honestly

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Aaron Rodgers is a dumb tool, but lol if you don't think the Packers will hit 10+ wins regardless of what happens next year.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I think the Buccs will make the playoffs next season.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

Aaron Rodgers is a dumb tool, but lol if you don't think the Packers will hit 10+ wins regardless of what happens next year.

Who the hell else is gonna win that division, the Lions? lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Without Olivia Munn draining him of his vigor who knows what heights Rodgers may reach now

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I think the Texans will win 11 games

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

He'll probably target some tight ends a bit more now that Munn has gone

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The bucs will struggle to finish third in the division next season.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

I think the Chargers are a good team. If they don't have the injuries this year like they have the last two, they could win the division.

CyberPingu posted:

gently caress no. This guy voiced an unpopular opinion based on nothing and must be torn down by multiple people

Intruder posted:

I'm having fun with it honestly

Same to both.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

MrLogan posted:

I think the Chargers are a good team. If they don't have the injuries this year like they have the last two, they could win the division.

Ross, care to weigh in on this?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Who the hell else is gonna win that division, the Lions? lol

They would have last year if not for some serious table running by the Packers.

Nov 6, 2002

He's really getting senile now!

https://twitter.com/siriusxmnfl/status/862093474946060289

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ice Fist posted:

They would have last year if not for some serious Being The Detroit Lions by the Lions.
Fixed.

MrLogan posted:

The past 5 years.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The Chargers will not be a below average team as long as Rivers is on the roster, he can run a competent offense no matter who is blocking or catching

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The Raiders beat the Patriots on a neutral field, hth

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sounds like someone is counting out Touchdown Tom

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

Come over and clean my fish tank and you'll find out

Coach Mac?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

MrLogan posted:

I feel like you can say this about pretty much any team the Chargers have had since 2006 though.

FWIW as a Bolts fan: 8-8 is probably their most realistic ceiling. I do think they're be a less hot and cold offense this year by virtue of drafting Lamp and Feeney; the interior of the Chargers o-line was trash last year except for Slauson and one of those guys starting is a big improvement over either Fluker or Franklin. M. Williams is the kind of big, physical WR that does well with Rivers and it gives them a viable replacement for Keenan Allen if he can't stay healthy (he won't), and overall the future at both WR and TE is pretty exciting. I do also think switching to a 4-3 scheme will massively benefit the personnel they have on the roster.

Otoh, they're not as deep at CB and d-line as they appear on paper (Verrett will always miss time from injuries. Bosa's a legitimate stud but Ingram and Attaochu are so hot and cold, it's hard saying what those two will give you as pass rushers), and their safeties are VERY unproven aside for Addae, who's not a good player. I think they'll be an exciting team to watch for this coming season, but it's really hard for me to see them as a playoff squad right now.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Intruder posted:

Without Olivia Munn draining him of his vigor who knows what heights Rodgers may reach now

She's no longer sucking his Super Bowl aspirations away.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Intruder posted:

I'm sorry to break this to you, but Rodgers is getting his vigor sucked by someone.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Durandal1707 posted:

I feel like you can say this about pretty much any team the Chargers have had since 2006 though.

FWIW as a Bolts fan: 8-8 is probably their most realistic ceiling. I do think they're be a less hot and cold offense this year by virtue of drafting Lamp and Feeney; the interior of the Chargers o-line was trash last year except for Slauson and one of those guys starting is a big improvement over either Fluker or Franklin. M. Williams is the kind of big, physical WR that does well with Rivers and it gives them a viable replacement for Keenan Allen if he can't stay healthy (he won't), and overall the future at both WR and TE is pretty exciting. I do also think switching to a 4-3 scheme will massively benefit the personnel they have on the roster.

Otoh, they're not as deep at CB and d-line as they appear on paper (Verrett will always miss time from injuries. Bosa's a legitimate stud but Ingram and Attaochu are so hot and cold, it's hard saying what those two will give you as pass rushers), and their safeties are VERY unproven aside for Addae, who's not a good player. I think they'll be an exciting team to watch for this coming season, but it's really hard for me to see them as a playoff squad right now.

The Chargers are a weird team to predict because of the injuries and age extremes. If they didn't have to compete with Oakland and KC I think a wildcard wouldn't be out of the question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Yeah I see the Chargers having a very high ceiling and floor this year. Same with the Cowboys.

• Locked thread