Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Also with 23 episodes or whatever you're gonna get "filler" episodes which I enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

funniest scene of the episode was when Wally told Bart that they were brothers and Bart looked at his hand slowly, that got a good laugh from me

Wally's shiteating smile was fantastic.

Also, Barry Allen: Anime Nerd. I hope Cisco starts making Dragon Ball Z references next year.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
This was a good episode, fluff or not. I really like the twist, but my biggest beef with the Savitar plot is that they waited too long on the reveal. They could have really done some interesting stuff with that reveal if they had given it some time to breathe.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
It was definitely a lot of fluff and didn't really advance the main plot, but it was still one of the most solid episodes of the season. Next week's heist episode with Captain Cold also looks like it'll be a blast. It's an unorthodox approach to a season ending compared to s1 and s2, but I'm all for it if it means more light-hearted shenanigans.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I enjoyed the funny episode where humorous things happened and characters had fun interactions that didn't involve lies or crying

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So it looks like next week Barry's gonna run back in time and pluck Snart out of Season 1 of Legends because the Waverider's in the background there in the promo. Christ, they are just going to increasingly elaborate lengths to get Wentworth Miller back in the Arrowverse and I love it :allears:

E:

Guy Goodbody posted:

I enjoyed the funny episode where humorous things happened and characters had fun interactions that didn't involve lies or crying

Same. I was wondering how they were gonna explain Barry getting mind wiped to Cecile and to my relief and amusement, Joe and Iris just straight up said "Yeah, we mind wiped him..." It was great!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Knowing what they do now, why are they still going through with the speedforce prison idea?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Guy Goodbody posted:

This x10

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

Same. I was wondering how they were gonna explain Barry getting mind wiped to Cecile and to my relief and amusement, Joe and Iris just straight up said "Yeah, we mind wiped him..." It was great!

Yeah holy crap the episode was good but I needed more of Cecile dealing with the craziness, that was perfect. Like I love how she almost was ready to go with the flow but then it was even wackier: "so this is like a Flash thing right? He fought some villain who messed with his mind?" "uhh no we did this by accident".

Stunt Rock posted:

This was a good episode, fluff or not. I really like the twist, but my biggest beef with the Savitar plot is that they waited too long on the reveal. They could have really done some interesting stuff with that reveal if they had given it some time to breathe.

Yeah for sure. It's actually not that bad, way better than Zoom, but they were so concerned trying to hold it off for a big late reveal that they missed the opportunity to do some cool stuff with it.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Not that I'm complaining, but how did King Shark manage his way back into the plot of this show?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So why did Wally not have his powers?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

Speed Force.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rhyno posted:

speedforce.gif

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Yeah, why didn't Savitar just blink out of existence when Barry got VHS magnet'd? ...Oh that's right, it's Flash. I don't give a poo poo.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, why didn't Savitar just blink out of existence when Barry got VHS magnet'd? ...Oh that's right, it's Flash. I don't give a poo poo.

It's a closed loop.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Oh man, Flashpoint was GREAT! I just got an hour of Thawne roasting the poo poo out of Barry. I'm a happy camper.

Matt Letscher deserves all the praise.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I really enjoyed this episode because they briefly remembered how to write Barry Allen. A shame they did away with him again.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Narcissus1916 posted:

Oh man, Flashpoint was GREAT! I just got an hour of Thawne roasting the poo poo out of Barry. I'm a happy camper.

Matt Letscher deserves all the praise.

If you like him as Reverse Flash you need to watch s2 of Legends of Tomorrow.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

8one6 posted:

If you like him as Reverse Flash you need to watch s2 of Legends of Tomorrow.

This can't possibly be repeated enough.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Yeah, Matt Letscher was the MVP of Legends season 2. It's kind of a hit parade of awesome Thawne moments and Letscher is just having a loving blast through the whole thing, from "...They're idiots!" to The Leigon of Thawnes, he is a BIG part of why Legends went from being garbage TV to the top cut of the CWverse.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Rhyno posted:

His powers originally came because Savitar caused them. Due to the regressive memory removal, Wally did not gain his powers because Savitar didn't have memories.

KEEP UP MAN!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

lotus circle posted:

His powers originally came because Savitar caused them. Due to the regressive memory removal, Wally did not gain his powers because Savitar didn't have memories.

KEEP UP MAN!

That doesn't make any sense, everything else Savitar had done to that point was still in effect. If that's how it worked, then Julian shouldn't have been on the team either.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Guy Goodbody posted:

That doesn't make any sense, everything else Savitar had done to that point was still in effect. If that's how it worked, then Julian shouldn't have been on the team either.

Julian didn't have his Dr. Alchemy powers any more, just no one bothered to check.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Wait... none of this show makes any sense!!!

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

This does confirm that Savitar could be beaten with Barry getting some therapy sessions though. :D

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I like that they directly address legit qualms about the show, even if they're dismissive and tongue in cheek.

"Why don't I just kill myself like Eddie?"
"How can we afford this apartment?"
"Why am I much funner on screen when I'm not a brooding twit?"

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Are we sure we're in the right timeline/multiverse? Because both Cisco's and Wally's hair looks A-MAAA-ZING!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, Matt Letscher was the MVP of Legends season 2. It's kind of a hit parade of awesome Thawne moments and Letscher is just having a loving blast through the whole thing, from "...They're idiots!" to The Leigon of Thawnes, he is a BIG part of why Legends went from being garbage TV to the top cut of the CWverse.

It still boggles my mind that Legends Season 2 managed to salvage one of the worst seasons of TV ever made into something so self-aware and fun.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Legends of Tomorrow learned the most important lesson of all: if you can't be smart, lean into the stupid.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
I would give my favorite testicle up if julian would say something like, well at least we do have one advantage over Savitar: he's an idiot.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Avalerion posted:

This does confirm that Savitar could be beaten with Barry getting some therapy sessions though. :D
The heart-stopping season finale will be us watching Barry Allen's 45 minute therapy session, as Savitar is slowly obliterated by the power of mental health professionals.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
The main theme this season seems to have been "careful with time travel, Bart".

Barry has been warned about it several times before, but it has never had any real consequences for him. He has been warned never to do it, but then always goes and uses it as a last resort anyway, and gets away with it. This season he started by doing something really stupid and preventing one of the most defining moments in his life, then afterwards trying to patch things up, causing the doom of his girlfriend and Savitar's existence. Hopefully this means next season Barry will be "Ok, maybe keep off the time travel FOR REALS this time."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Carlosologist posted:

funniest scene of the episode was when Wally told Bart that they were brothers and Bart looked at his hand slowly, that got a good laugh from me

Best part was Wally's "yup" look afterwards

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

kjetting posted:

The main theme this season seems to have been "careful with time travel, Bart".

Barry has been warned about it several times before, but it has never had any real consequences for him. He has been warned never to do it, but then always goes and uses it as a last resort anyway, and gets away with it. This season he started by doing something really stupid and preventing one of the most defining moments in his life, then afterwards trying to patch things up, causing the doom of his girlfriend and Savitar's existence. Hopefully this means next season Barry will be "Ok, maybe keep off the time travel FOR REALS this time."

On the other hand, Savitar said the more you time travel, the less the rules apply to you, so maybe the answer is to do more of it :downs:

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Ojjeorago posted:

I really enjoyed this episode because they briefly remembered how to write Barry Allen. A shame they did away with him again.

Technically, this version of Barry would have actually been like the OG version of Barry we never saw in the series, right? The one who existed and became Flash a little while later in the timeline than our version. The one who existed pre-Thawne travelling back in time to kill Barry's mom and impersonate Wells.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Yeah, the heroic Flash instead of the mass murdering mopey dumbass we got.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chokes McGee posted:

Best part was Wally's "yup" look afterwards

I guess nobody ever told Bart that Iris and Wally were siblings. I think he would've had some questions about being engaged to his sister

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Yep, it was actually the appearance of Black Flash in Legends that made me want to sit down and finish The Flash's second season so I could get to Flashpoint.

Little did I know that, as always, the answer was "Barry is a selfish major league rear end in a top hat."

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Wait, so can't Cisco brain wipe Barry again the same night Savitar kills Iris??? Or just ask Oliver to stop over and put an arrow in Savitar as soon as they wipe Barry's mind?? Why can't Barry just not make the time remnants in the future now??

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I thought the deal was that this is the time remnant he created to help stop Zoom, that originally died but now survived due to Flashpoint.

So it's too late to avoid creating the remnant that becomes Savitar, unless of course Barry goes back in time to oh god make it stop

• Locked thread