Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm probably going to pull the trigger on Nando sunglasses. The past three months have been pretty bad for impulse purchases :retrogames:

I bought another set of R888s and RE-71s in the past two weeks :retrogames: :retrogames:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm so glad I switched over to karting where I get my tires out of a bin bag beside a portable toilet.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Wirth1000 posted:

https://kimoa.com/

Thanks for the link :rolleyes:

Time to load up on 'lonsoGear

What a mess. Hawaiian name, with 'Los Angeles, California' print and fronted by a Spanish dude?. Looks like stuff you would find in the discount bin.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

ImplicitAssembler posted:

What a mess. Hawaiian name, with 'Los Angeles, California' print and fronted by a Spanish dude?. Looks like stuff you would find in the discount bin.

McLaren isn't a Hawaiian name

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm probably going to pull the trigger on Nando sunglasses. The past three months have been pretty bad for impulse purchases :retrogames:

I vote for the "Barcelona" Nandoshades :c00lbert:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Human Grand Prix posted:

I bought another set of R888s and RE-71s in the past two weeks :retrogames: :retrogames:

My buddy has a set of 315 R888's on his Supra and holy gently caress are those some good tires.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
So I'm listening to Bottas giving a phone interview on the radio and he's admitted nearly crying and he also laughed. But there's been a severe gently caress up with the audio and so the questions aren't being broadcast so it sounds like he's talking to himself

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Yeeeeeah, after going through everything that's on offer it all looks horrible.

I'll just figure out some McLaren Alonso merch to buy instead.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

McLaren's merch is fantastic, if overpriced, but the problem is that I don't expect many others itt are willing to wear it in public quite yet. There's no great Alonso-specific merch but I hope there will be some closer to the 500.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

My choices are those glasses and some t-shirt or loving Ray-Ban Wayfarers for $50 more and look like a loving Tony. I know which one I prefer.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 10, 2017

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
F1 2017: Don't look like a loving Tony

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

My choices are those glasses and some t-shirt or loving Ray-Ban Wayfarers for $50 more and look like a loving Tony. I know which one I prefer.

I contemplated a bare of sleek Ray-Ban's in a LensCrafters for 20 minutes a few months ago. I might still go back for them.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

McLaren's merch is fantastic, if overpriced, but the problem is that I don't expect many others itt are willing to wear it in public quite yet. There's no great Alonso-specific merch but I hope there will be some closer to the 500.

http://www.mclarenstore.com/stores/mclaren/en/product/mclaren-honda-fernando14-2017-samurai-t-shirt/188849

:goku:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I have never been more wrong.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Thassa slight edit of a free font, lazy. [/YOSPOS]

I like the blue.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

HJB posted:

Thassa slight edit of a free font, lazy. [/YOSPOS]

I like the blue.

It's literally glow in the dark ink.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

Their gear really is top, but it's so expensive. I've got a 2015 McHonda polo and a 2016 McHonda "setup" tee that I wear to the gym. The shirt is one size too small but it was on sale for $12 so I couldn't say no.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I'm gonna dish out for Massa stuff at the end of the season when it's all on clearance.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

If he followed Nico's example and retired, this would maybe be worth it.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

I happily/openly wear my Alonso McLaren-Honda hat!

Was also rocking my old West McLaren Mercedes flag as a cape at this years Aus GP!

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Welp, ordering myself a present.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Don't know how much this will change things, but interesting move

https://twitter.com/Circuitcat_eng/status/862325966600851456

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gigi Galli posted:

Don't know how much this will change things, but interesting move

https://twitter.com/Circuitcat_eng/status/862325966600851456

Didn't these cause the dangerous 'body surf' issue if a car tried to cross them last time we saw them?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The only thing that happened was teams that had a million aero bits(red bull) and refused to obey track limits(cheatin' max verstappen) started losing bits. Gravel traps are off the table for god knows what reason so this is the solution we get and teams should just suck it up and learn to obey track limits.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The only real reason I can see for lack of gravel traps is that they can sometimes lead to violent rollovers if they are hit the wrong way.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
FIA said it was because of safety. Tracks said it was because they are expensive to maintain, they are legit dangerous for some of their bread and butter races, and people who book track days would rather not be punished for going wide by having their Ferrari's paintwork dinged up.

Tracks weren't being paid enough by Bernie :shrug:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I mean, if you watched 90's and 00's F1 in particular, the gravel was overwhelmingly too close to the track. Swerving to avoid the Stolls of the day shouldn't cost you to DNF because you beach the car.
Solid kerbs are a pretty nice compromise.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Khablam posted:

Solid kerbs are a pretty nice compromise.

For cars. Terrible idea for bikes. Real good way to snap a spine if someone comes off at high speed and goes over one. Its really tricky to design a track that can stop both safely.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Carth Dookie posted:

For cars. Terrible idea for bikes. Real good way to snap a spine if someone comes off at high speed and goes over one. Its really tricky to design a track that can stop both safely.

Sure? But they're not leaving them on for MotoGP

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
If you want something off-circuit it has to slow cars down while not being massively grippy, and also can't be brought on track by cars getting back on-line.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Like those treadmills from Gladiators?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Theophany posted:

Like those treadmills from Gladiators?

And the chequered flag should be a giant piece of paper across the whole finishing straight that they smash through.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NotJustANumber99 posted:

And the chequered flag should be a giant piece of paper across the whole finishing straight that they smash through.

YES!

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/analysis-could-brawn-s-open-inspection-idea-help-end-two-tier-f1-903516/

Interesting concept. Naturally the shitwits in the motorsport.com comments section pan the idea, but I think it could work and actively incentivise the big boys not to spend ludicrous amounts of money because their advantages would be more short-lived. Certainly has the potential to create more competition up and down the grid and give us a much better opportunity to see which drivers are the real deal and which drivers are the frauds hiding behind excuses for a poo poo car (ahem, Palmer).

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/status/862560494376321024

Ferrari won the "big numbers on the car" contest.

Give them the WCC championship already.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

RB14 is gonna crush this weekend.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Schumacher: "....."
Nurse: "Bottas is the WDC lol"
Schumacher: "....."

Carth Dookie