Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Farg posted:

I got two lulu bsbs. Is her bsb any good? If not, how useful is the ice up effect?

As I recall, Lulu's BSB is (almost?) unique in that the commands are reflectable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

MikeSevigny posted:

Unless you hunger for Kimrahi's BSB, you may want to wait for the next ffx event, it looks like a better banner in pretty much every way.

Yeah I was not enthralled by any of the offerings so I very well might do that.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I wish this game took track of how many kills or battles each of your characters have been in. Useless, but it would be interesting to see

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

never not lucky draw guys! and i have lovely ffv and ffx synergy so i stand to make some big gains!

game

game please why

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Well poo poo I was starting to feel self conscious about my overflow of FF7 and FF4 gear but now I feel better :stare:

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Got Gaffgarion's BSB, which would be a lot cooler if he had a broader skillset or there was a beget physical dark skill, and Auron's -atk/def SSB. Not the most exciting, but helpful. Gaff's is my first dark burst, so that's nice.

I beat Hashmal's Apoc fight last night. The raid leader was incredibly useless, he had a Beatrix with her BSB (on a boss who ignores draw fire) and a Yuna with...Tiny Bee. I've never seen Tiny Bee in action! What absolute garbage. It was a dog because we had very little DPS, but with three (effective) healers, we had little chance of actually dying. Every time that dude threw out Tiny Bee, it was just like, screw you, you idiot! Literally anything else would've been better. Made me wish you could boot the raid leader.

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

game

game please why

Hey, look at this way. Only the next 4 Dungeon Update Draws after this one include FFT in the banner!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Servaetes posted:

Well poo poo I was starting to feel self conscious about my overflow of FF7 and FF4 gear but now I feel better :stare:

it's definitely skewed a bit because i like to pull on fft banners and i sunk several hundred mythril into getting orlandeau's OSB and BSB when they came out, but even taking that into account the loot i received from the anniversary lucky draws and banners proper was all weighted towards fft too

game just knows i really like fft i guess

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Cador_2004 posted:

Hey, look at this way. Only the next 4 Dungeon Update Draws after this one include FFT in the banner!

Blessing and a curse for me, I've had poo poo luck with most good FFT relics, aside from Ramza. Though I specifically didn't pull on the recent banners because of the LD schedule.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

IllegallySober posted:

1/11, Rikku BSB. Not sure how to feel about that, doesn't look all that special unless I run a water team.

Did pull Basch OSB off the dollar draw so that's something anyway.

Rikku BSB is one of very very few imperil water options, and the commands are solid mugs. It's quite good.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Zonko_T.M. posted:

Got Gaffgarion's BSB, which would be a lot cooler if he had a broader skillset or there was a beget physical dark skill, and Auron's -atk/def SSB. Not the most exciting, but helpful. Gaff's is my first dark burst, so that's nice.

Start honing sanguine cross now. It gets a buff where the hp drain is 1/8th your health instead of the current 1/4th. Also there is another physical darkness skill coming that is stupid powerful (4.2x 4-hit vs sanguine cross's 3.8x 2-hit), but takes 30% your health.

Not to mention the upcoming 5* physical drain blade like skill. It's only 3.0x damage but with that and sanguine cross you'll be super set. I've yet to decide if the 4-hit 5* is worth it or not though.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Uh... I got Jecht OSB? Is Jecht good?
I also got Delita BSB.

Unfortunately both of these things are totally overshadowed by the fact that I have TG Cid's OSB already but still, Always Lucky Draw

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I also got Delita BSB.

Unfortunately both of these things are totally overshadowed by the fact that I have TG Cid's OSB already but still, Always Lucky Draw

Both are quite good. Jecht is a Fire/Dark OSB, which isn't nothin', and Delita BSB is an elemental Swiss Army knife that'll let you have something for any occasion.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I still don't have any ice-based bsbs :(

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Farg posted:

I got two lulu bsbs. Is her bsb any good? If not, how useful is the ice up effect?

Mithross posted:

As I recall, Lulu's BSB is (almost?) unique in that the commands are reflectable.

This should be noted; if a boss uses reflect Lulu's BSB is gonna get you murdered. Past that, it's just a slightly worse Matoya/Shantotto BSB, swapping out Thunder for Water access.

It's probably in the bottom tier of Mage bursts next to Terra's BSB, but it's certainly better than Yuna's first BSB; there's no real reason you can't make use of it if you have it.

More notably, Lulu's beltdress is light armor. Squall's gonna really like all those belts (and the +ice they give) if you pull his BSB2.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Jecht is good for his skill/equipment access, but his SBs generally are kind of crud. His OSB is no exception. It's just a bog-standard OSB, but on a statstick that doesn't lend itself well to OSB use (what with being a ranged weapon and all). It allegedly gets stronger if you have more SB gauge charged up, but who loads themselves up with gauge before an OSB instead of blowing it when they get it?

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 14:20 on May 10, 2017

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Just FYI, while Lulu's BSB isn't great now, it is good for the upcoming Magicite dungeons.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I got 1/11 magicians mog. Its me. I lost the roll

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I got Krile BSB (dupe), Mustadio BSB and Marach BSB. Not the worst

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Hey, I did it, it happened

Frankly I could only laugh when I saw that rainbow pop open.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

KataraniSword posted:

Jecht is good for his skill/equipment access, but his SBs generally are kind of crud. His OSB is no exception. It's just a bog-standard OSB, but on a statstick that doesn't lend itself well to OSB use (what with being a ranged weapon and all). It allegedly gets stronger if you have more SB gauge charged up, but who loads themselves up with gauge before an OSB instead of blowing it when they get it?

Full Throttle is coming.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Three 6*s in one draw is a new record for me. The Excalibur is a dupe, but Agrias's enholy SSB is a huge boon for me since I also have her OSB.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

:stonklol: It's one thing to finally get a healing BSB that's good at being a healing BSB. It's quite another to realize that you have enough buffs that you can natively cap MAG with contemptuous ease and thereby stomp all over difficulty 160 story dungeon bosses without even caring for their weaknesses. (I have Sheepsong for +MAG, Power of the Void for +MAG/RES, Metamorphosis for +MAG/DEF, and Tenets of the Faith for +MAG/MND.)

Doubtless Torment bosses will still be a pain in the rear end, but with a good setup and a well-chosen RW I can likely still succeed.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
1/11 razzmatazz

My only X swords are a couple combined-to-6* 4* swords so some real synergy is nice

Also I have rikku's bsb (imperil water) so now I can exploit water decently, though still nowhere near my Wind/Holy options

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Hmm, so I ultimately managed to draw Squall USB and BSB2 out of the JP fest but I'm trying to figure out the best way to try and get use out of both. Using the USB before the BSB seems a little wasteful since the entry doesn't count as a Spellblade attack, and using after building the two Draw & Junction stacks was real bad cause the BSB itself ran out after just one CMD2 following the USB. Anybody got thoughts on the best way to set it out?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
I got a 3rd Agrias OSB sword so I just merged it with one of my earlier one

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
4/11;

Auron BSB, Marach SSB, and 2x Seymour SSB's. No dupes (of existing relics anyways) :woop:

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

LornMarkus posted:

Hmm, so I ultimately managed to draw Squall USB and BSB2 out of the JP fest but I'm trying to figure out the best way to try and get use out of both. Using the USB before the BSB seems a little wasteful since the entry doesn't count as a Spellblade attack, and using after building the two Draw & Junction stacks was real bad cause the BSB itself ran out after just one CMD2 following the USB. Anybody got thoughts on the best way to set it out?

I think Wrath/Entrust with TGC RM on Squall is the best way to use the BSB2, so it should probably work as well for USB/BSB2 combos, along with lucking out on Doublecast Spellblade procs from his LM.

I'm not actually sure if using his USB is better for DPS or not when his EX Mode and Burst mode are only 15 seconds. I think BSB2 only would be best for Single Target, then BSB2 into USB for Multitarget, but I'd have to do the math to check that assumption and how it would work with RM/LM choices. TGC RM is definitely ideal for Full Throttle.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 10, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

going forward is it the plan to have half-stamina realms every dungeon update? because if that's the case i might actually finish the realm dungeons before the year 2028

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Cowcaster posted:

going forward is it the plan to have half-stamina realms every dungeon update? because if that's the case i might actually finish the realm dungeons before the year 2028

I think that has continued to be the case in Japan, yeah.

ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010
Which is the easiest mote dungeon after Dahaka? My A-team includes OK with Vessel of Fate and Y'Shtola with Stoneskin and Asylum.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

ArmadilloConspiracy posted:

Which is the easiest mote dungeon after Dahaka? My A-team includes OK with Vessel of Fate and Y'Shtola with Stoneskin and Asylum.

If you've got a decent set of mage BSBs then it's Magus Sisters. All you have to do is RW Turk Bombshell and you can kill them without taking even a single hit, potentially.

pichupal posted:

I think Wrath/Entrust with TGC RM on Squall is the best way to use the BSB2, so it should probably work as well for USB/BSB2 combos, along with lucking out on Doublecast Spellblade procs from his LM.

I'm not actually sure if using his USB is better for DPS or not when his EX Mode and Burst mode are only 15 seconds. I think BSB2 only would be best for Single Target, then BSB2 into USB for Multitarget, but I'd have to do the math to check that assumption and how it would work with RM/LM choices. TGC RM is definitely ideal for Full Throttle.

Yeah, I can see how it might not be worth it to really try and use the USB. Will try the Wrath/Entrust plan though. Hadn't seemed worthwhile before now but I can see how combining that with Gathering storm for him would be good.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Sprite141 posted:

Start honing sanguine cross now. It gets a buff where the hp drain is 1/8th your health instead of the current 1/4th. Also there is another physical darkness skill coming that is stupid powerful (4.2x 4-hit vs sanguine cross's 3.8x 2-hit), but takes 30% your health.

Not to mention the upcoming 5* physical drain blade like skill. It's only 3.0x damage but with that and sanguine cross you'll be super set. I've yet to decide if the 4-hit 5* is worth it or not though.

Uh, isn't halving the healing a nerf and not a buff?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

xanthan posted:

Uh, isn't halving the healing a nerf and not a buff?

It isn't healing, it's damage. He meant drain as in hp cost, not drain as in stolen health from the enemy.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Lucky Draw gave me Seymour BSB, Gaffgarion BSB, and Ramza USB. I only lack Chant for Ramza now and I'm not sure I'll ever use Gaffgarion or Seymour outside of dark team gimmicks. All 3 are new too. Not sure I'd ever use his USB over Shout unless I'm spamming Lifesiphon and can have both running at the same time alongside VoF.

Sprite141 posted:

Huh. Ok so, I got galuf's bsb and orlandeau's ssb. Is orlandeau's ssb worth anything since I have his absolutely amazing osb?

It's worth +10atk when you master it, otherwise no.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
New to this game, is there a FFT realm where I can unlock Delita? I just got his BSB. Is running multiple mages viable? I have Rapha and Marach BSBs as well.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

1/11 TGCid SSB.

I'll take it. Not a dupe, an interesting option to complement his BSB.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

poe meater posted:

New to this game, is there a FFT realm where I can unlock Delita? I just got his BSB. Is running multiple mages viable? I have Rapha and Marach BSBs as well.

You can get a Soul of a Hero(easy to get from events) and go into the Hall of Rites and unlock him.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Just realized that despite my insane pile of FFT relics, I still don't have any medica aside from Tailwind, which means I'm probably still gonna eat poo poo on the Torment CM despite having really insane damage output. Pretty much have no reason to ever pull on a tactics banner again though, so hopefully I snag one from a lucky draw or a fest banner.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i have no reason to pull on a fft banner again probably 3 times over but that won't stop me if they decide to add orran durai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

i have no reason to pull on a fft banner again probably 3 times over but that won't stop me if they decide to add orran durai

galaxy stop usb when

• Locked thread