Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KRock
Aug 13, 2007
College Slice
Perez and the DNC actually maintained their support for Mello. It was NARAL that pointedly refused to endorse him, and Daily Kos withdrew their endorsement.

I'm skeptical that NARAL, Daily Kos, or even the freshest of think pieces is what did him in, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm gonna level with you, Suck Zone, I'm kind of getting fatigued on the idea that every single election in every single state, district, city, and neighborhood in the country has far-reaching factional-struggle implications

Mello lost, you can't win them all, at least we tried, gotta stay ready for the next one even if it is for Jon Ossoff who still kinda sucks, that's all there is to it

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the loss of Brent Clinchbaum in the race for Des Moines dogcatcher demonstrates only too clearly the lengths to which the [BERNIE BROS/HILLARYMEN] (DELETE AS APPROPRIATE) will go to sabotage us

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

KRock posted:

Perez and the DNC actually maintained their support for Mello. It was NARAL that pointedly refused to endorse him, and Daily Kos withdrew their endorsement.

I'm skeptical that NARAL, Daily Kos, or even the freshest of think pieces is what did him in, though

i think naral is the real "villain" here, i guess. they had their agenda, and frankly mello losing probably served it - they want to make the point that dems can't win unless they're pro-choice. i don't think it has anything really to do with bernie, twitter folk aside, it was really about naral flexing their muscles. would mello have won without all the kerfluffle? i think he would have at least done better.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Concerned Citizen posted:

i think naral is the real "villain" here, i guess. they had their agenda, and frankly mello losing probably served it - they want to make the point that dems can't win unless they're pro-choice. i don't think it has anything really to do with bernie, twitter folk aside, it was really about naral flexing their muscles. would mello have won without all the kerfluffle? i think he would have at least done better.

a pretty good post for CC

alternative reply: ugh, these NARAL bernie bros with their purity tests

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

KRock posted:

can't have helped his dem turnout

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Well I mean the spiteful response of trying to tear down one of Bernie's endorsed candidates after he didn't say the exact right words in endorsing Ossoff certainly didn't do Mello any favors. Like at minimum it was definitely something he didn't need.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Condiv posted:

can't have helped his dem turnout

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

i wonder if this post has any salience with respect to the 2016 general election

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

Well I mean the spiteful response of trying to tear down one of Bernie's endorsed candidates after he didn't say the exact right words in endorsing Ossoff certainly didn't do Mello any favors. Like at minimum it was definitely something he didn't need.

I don't really know how much sway Hillary Twitter has in the non-Twitter world but those sure were some fun tweets to read

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

loquacius posted:

I don't really know how much sway Hillary Twitter has in the non-Twitter world but those sure were some fun tweets to read

I mean are we acting like there wasn't rash of stories tearing into Mello to go along with this poo poo, because Condiv already linked to some of them.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
lying crooked mello

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

gently caress dailyKOS

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

i'm starting to like this lady bernie lady...

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
http://independentpoliticalreport.com/2017/05/nh-state-representative-joseph-stallcop-switches-to-libertarian/

Some kid who run totally unopposed in the Dem primary and general for the NH house just switched to the Libertarian Party. That's like the fifth Dem to change party affiliation this year.

lol he was Bernie Sanders supporter too. That's he'll of a 180.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

1000 years of the rock's reign

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

OhFunny posted:

http://independentpoliticalreport.com/2017/05/nh-state-representative-joseph-stallcop-switches-to-libertarian/

Some kid who run totally unopposed in the Dem primary and general for the NH house just switched to the Libertarian Party. That's like the fifth Dem to change party affiliation this year.

state dems wont support weed legalization

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

OhFunny posted:

l o l

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

OhFunny posted:

:lol:

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

we found him

we found The Bernie Bro

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

OhFunny posted:

Not really that's basically par for the course for brogressivism.

Free college and weed, but we need to have a Serious Discussion about entitlements.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think thats the first time the libertarian takeover plan of NH actually worked. goddammit.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and to think that if the state parties actually gave a gently caress and offered a platform the people want (instead of metaphorical crumbs that they compromise away if they even act on it) there'd be less of these embarrassing-assed defections.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Zikan posted:

we found him

we found The Bernie Bro

The One Berned Man....

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
switching your affiliation to the Monster Raving Loony Party is more dignified than becoming a Libertarian

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

and to think that if the state parties actually gave a gently caress and offered a platform the people want (instead of metaphorical crumbs that they compromise away if they even act on it) there'd be less of these embarrassing-assed defections.

lucky that brave man has left the party rather than effect change.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

i am fairly confident that he would not have won either way, i mean he lost by 6%+

it was a mayoral race, so really he probably lost due to local issues we aren't even hearing about

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
actually, becoming an actual libertarian is a good thing because

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
reading some articles it looks like mello's opponent focused on local issues while mello was all about grrrrr trump

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

logikv9 posted:

actually, becoming an actual libertarian is a good thing because

[extremely murray rothbard voice] for too long we have restricted the right of parents to leverage what we here at the Rationality Institute call "filial assets" in the free market

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

lucky that brave man has left the party rather than effect change.

when you lack the spine to offer solutions in spite of the donor class, you really shouldn't be shocked to find out that the candidate carrying your banner was a piece of poo poo.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

OhFunny posted:

look at his dumb loving face

new hampshire has like 30 state representatives per voter and according to my calculations fully 69% are idiot libertarians

"Informed by his academic work and his volunteer experience, his first two legislative priorities will be the opioid crisis, which has hit the state of New Hampshire hard, as well as advocating for the city’s homeless population."

lmao yeah libertarianism will surely help the homeless with its "donate to charity and all societal problems will go away" theory

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

logikv9 posted:

reading some articles it looks like mello's opponent focused on local issues while mello was all about grrrrr trump

yeah this is a bad campaign idea if you are running for mayor of a city

i mean it's both all hillary twitter's fault and proof that bernie dems cannot win in red states after all, both simultaneously

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

when you lack the spine to offer solutions in spite of the donor class, you really shouldn't be shocked to find out that the candidate carrying your banner was a piece of poo poo.

rip bernie weed man

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"how could we have seen this happening," asks a party who regularly aligns itself with certifiable fuckstains

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
there was a defection because the new hampshire state legislature is the dumbest loving thing in the country

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
that guy appears to be a single-issue weed candidate so im fairly unsurprised and wish him luck with his new comrades in arms: a bunch of oddly shaped men with strange, strident opinions, and that fat guy that took his clothes off at the convention

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

logikv9 posted:

rip bernie weed man

it ain't much to ask to finish the dance with the one that asked you. hell, even bernie said "I was elected as an Independent and I will finish this term as an Independent.”

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

after performing the revolutionary act of smoking weed on 4/20, Mr. Stallcop (real name) converted to libertarianism

it's literally the bitcoin state http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-msb-exemption-new-hampshire-approval/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

• Locked thread