Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Dope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

mobby_6kl posted:

What's with the sudden explosion of ugly shoes.

You got old

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Someone buy me some of those cotton candy colored Bapestas so I can finally sing along to Crank Dat properly.

I'm barely joking.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I got an MPC Touch

As new condition, for less than half the retail value (£225 compared to £479 new).

I don't have a clue what I'm doing but I'm going to have fun finding out.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

What's with the sudden explosion of ugly shoes.

Ugly shoes/wacky colors + celebrity/athlete name + high price tag + limited availability = Profit

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Let's keep this train rolling. I bought these and they're fantastic

VV fine they're adidas ultraboost uncaged

Jmcrofts has a new favorite as of 15:41 on May 10, 2017

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I noticed that all the shoe posts are just pictures without bothering to say who makes them or what the model is, also no links to where to buy them. It's just a big screw you to people that can't tell what they are by sight.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Mu Zeta posted:

I noticed that all the shoe posts are just pictures without bothering to say who makes them or what the model is, also no links to where to buy them. It's just a big screw you to people that can't tell what they are by sight.

But if links were added you might accidentally click one and buy an ugly pair of shoes.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Mu Zeta posted:

Right Click, Search by Image.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

These are the only sneakers I still have these days

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Jmcrofts posted:

Let's keep this train rolling. I bought these and they're fantastic

VV fine they're adidas ultraboost uncaged

I hope the stretchy shoe thing really sticks around. I bought a pair of flyknits last summer and they are the most comfortable shoe ever.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Yo i got shoes recently too:

These are awesome.

God these are too. Love love love these.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
The only pair of shoes I'd really go nuts for are the Ultraboosts in triple white except they ended up being a sneakerhead favorite and so now they're all impossible to find for anything approaching retail (which was already $180).

gently caress sneaker fashion.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

bongwizzard posted:

I hope the stretchy shoe thing really sticks around. I bought a pair of flyknits last summer and they are the most comfortable shoe ever.

Yeah the combination of primeknit upper and boost soles on the pair I posted is so insanely comfortable.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Before shipping the Yeezy's out, I tried one shoe on, just stood in it on a towel, and the full length Boost seemed okay but not any better than Nike Zoom Air. Is that just me?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Lemon Lyman

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

Before shipping the Yeezy's out, I tried one shoe on, just stood in it on a towel, and the full length Boost seemed okay but not any better than Nike Zoom Air. Is that just me?

I couldn't possibly be more confused by this sentence.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Remember the old days when people would post their $10k eames lounge chairs instead of ugly shoes

Good times

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
bought a toyota tacoma and a hot dog from costco after selling my bmw 328i

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
All I buy are Oxfords, because, after a day of work, my feet felt the same in those as they did athletic shoes.

Plus they're fun to shine. I like how they look and feel and I love the sound they make as I walk. Love me a crisp heel strike.

For content, it's been really nice the past couple days, so bought steaks for grilling tonight. It's been an incredibly rainy spring.

RandomZero
Aug 22, 2010

bowmore posted:

it's hard for me to go past these for casual wear

Yep, Vans are loving fantastic. My first pair of skate shoes back in the 80's. I own like 7 pairs right now of different colors. Lately I've been buying up various Nike SB Pro Models. I don't skate anymore, old and broke, but drat if they aren't some comfortable loving shoes.

Edit: I might have a shoe problem.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
Some glasses for my office.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

RandomZero posted:

Yep, Vans are loving fantastic. My first pair of skate shoes back in the 80's. I own like 7 pairs right now of different colors. Lately I've been buying up various Nike SB Pro Models. I don't skate anymore, old and broke, but drat if they aren't some comfortable loving shoes.

Edit: I might have a shoe problem.

I own 5 pairs of just Chucks right now:

* All Star 70 black & white hi-tops

* Monochrome black hi-tops with white laces (to make them resemble the 1940s shoes)

* New oxfords in the seasonal sharksin colorway

* Blue oxfords made in America in the 1990s

* Obsidian gumsole Chuck Taylor 2s.

Plus there's my green SeaVees Army Issue Nylon, my white Made in USA PF Flyers, my Hoka One One Bondi 4 running shoes, and my Adidas Stan Smiths (original white and green). Plus two pairs of boots and a pair of cheap dress shoes, and the red Keds Champions I bought yesterday.

RandomZero
Aug 22, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

I own 5 pairs of just Chucks right now:

* All Star 70 black & white hi-tops

* Monochrome black hi-tops with white laces (to make them resemble the 1940s shoes)

* New oxfords in the seasonal sharksin colorway

* Blue oxfords made in America in the 1990s

* Obsidian gumsole Chuck Taylor 2s.

Plus there's my green SeaVees Army Issue Nylon, my white Made in USA PF Flyers, my Hoka One One Bondi 4 running shoes, and my Adidas Stan Smiths (original white and green). Plus two pairs of boots and a pair of cheap dress shoes, and the red Keds Champions I bought yesterday.

Oh yea, I've got many more unmentioned, thus the show problem lol...shoes are cool. I like those All Stars you linked, they're rad.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

bought a toyota tacoma and a hot dog from costco after selling my bmw 328i

You were at Costco and bought just one hotdog? :crossarms:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If more people could list what shoes they own that would be really sweet.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RCarr posted:

If more people could list what shoes they own that would be really sweet.

I also got some Jalas 1738 Zenit Easyrolls with BoaTM instead of laces they are pretty sweet with merino wool and poo poo in the soles.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
It's like the worst technical non-derail in forums history

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Well go buy some poo poo that isn't shoes and tell us about it.

I got a friend some makeup for her birthday.

Randyslawterhouse
Oct 11, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

I also got some Jalas 1738 Zenit Easyrolls with BoaTM instead of laces they are pretty sweet with merino wool and poo poo in the soles.

I was convinced this was some made-up trainer bullshit, but apparently not... moon shoes

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Don't Ask posted:

That's a nice wallet, got a link?

Here's an Amazon link, I got mine from a vendor rewards program but this is the model. It's available in several different interior colors, obviously.

Also, the Johnston & Murphy shoes are Conard cap toe, Conard plain toe and the Allen Edmonds' are the Del Ray.

Oddhair has a new favorite as of 21:05 on May 10, 2017

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

chitoryu12 posted:

my white Made in USA PF Flyers

I recommend PF Flyers to all of my friends who wear chucks regularly. Whenever I successfully convert someone it's always "Oh THIS is what chucks would feel like with actual arch support".

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Dick Trauma posted:

You were at Costco and bought just one hotdog? :crossarms:

I'm more impressed that they sell Toyotas now.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Well it was bound to happen sooner or later after the success of their BMW buyback program.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Sony D50 discman, the first portable CD player ever. With original box, a case and some accessories.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Just bought 12lbs of crushed walnut hulls to polish some brass. Only needed like 2lbs but that was like 10$, and the 12lb sack was like 20, so I got nuts to spare.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Just bought 12lbs of crushed walnut hulls to polish some brass. Only needed like 2lbs but that was like 10$, and the 12lb sack was like 20, so I got nuts to spare.

https://youtu.be/R2vBZuLI3oI

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

evobatman posted:

Sony D50 discman, the first portable CD player ever. With original box, a case and some accessories.

This was the device upon which I heard my first CD, "Brothers in Arms" by Dire Straits. Even over tiny portable speakers it sounded so good. :allears:

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Because it was $7 and I was ordering some other stuff from Amazon.

Mainly a UFO:

and railroad tunnels:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Argyle posted:

I recommend PF Flyers to all of my friends who wear chucks regularly. Whenever I successfully convert someone it's always "Oh THIS is what chucks would feel like with actual arch support".

The Made in USA line is great. Pigskin lining on the inside, durable canvas on the outside, both sides' stitching covered by leather, and a comfortable insole. Just wear thick socks because there's a little ribbon or something on the inner wall of the shoe that rubs against your foot.