Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Thanks for the chopper drop, shitheels

:bang:

Edit: Speaking of Marcus Jensen, either this is an easter egg, or Ubisoft typecasts people named "Marcus" as black guys with glasses, small beards, and nerdy poo poo

Morter fucked around with this message at 15:45 on May 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Lately vehicles have been spawning so far away from me that I can't even find them. I'm starting to miss having a chopper fall on my head. What the hell, guys?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

one of my last chopper drops appeared INSIDE a loving warehouse...

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well you wanted it as early as possible, dude.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Kesper North posted:

Lately vehicles have been spawning so far away from me that I can't even find them. I'm starting to miss having a chopper fall on my head. What the hell, guys?

This was happening to me yesterday. I thought it was a glitch in my game. I hear the radio transmission about delivering the chopper or APC and accompanying sound effects but I don't see it on the map at all.

e: If I start a new singleplayer game, do I still have all the weapons and attachments, or do I have to scrounge that stuff all over again?

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

MrMojok posted:

This was happening to me yesterday. I thought it was a glitch in my game. I hear the radio transmission about delivering the chopper or APC and accompanying sound effects but I don't see it on the map at all.

e: If I start a new singleplayer game, do I still have all the weapons and attachments, or do I have to scrounge that stuff all over again?

Scrounge it all up again.

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!

Earwicker posted:

- there are so many rebels driving around the map that they appear to be the majority of the population, but...
- most of the rebels don't do poo poo and a rebel van parked right in the middle of a Santa Blanca or Unidad base with "GO REBELS!" painted on the side doesn't even provoke enemy interest, let alone a firefight
It seems like it's linked to the AI not wanting to engage unless you explicitly give an order or trigger the "engaged" status, which I assume is because there are missions that autofail if you're detected. I've had plenty of rebels notice an ongoing firefight and join in, but never if I was silently prowling about. You can always throw a grenade and say fire, it tends to get them moving.

The real fix there is to entirely remove the detection-punishing mission gimmick and just have rebels be a fun and dynamic part of the game, but hey.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

What I hate is how detection/firefights tend to triple (or worse?) the HP of enemies. Hit a normal unidad mook with 5 rounds in the head/shoulder area with an SR3M and he stayed in the fight. Fucker.

Axialbloom
Jul 7, 2011

My life is a series of
lapses in judgement.
So I shot up 35/50 unidad with missiles from a helicopter last night for the task force challenge before being shot down and going to bed. Whoever finished it off - did you get the Titanium weapon paint job? I seem to be missing it.

edit: Upon closer inspection, I seem to be missing every task force reward so far. Time to ticket Ubisoft :effort:

Axialbloom fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 10, 2017

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Axialbloom posted:

So I shot up 35/50 unidad with missiles from a helicopter last night for the task force challenge before being shot down and going to bed. Whoever finished it off - did you get the Titanium weapon paint job? I seem to be missing it.

edit: Upon closer inspection, I seem to be missing every task force reward so far. Time to ticket Ubisoft :effort:

I finished it and yeah I got it. Try blowing up another couple of UNIDAD dudes with missiles.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

Axialbloom posted:

Yes, please ticket them, I've noticed this bug for weeks now and they don't seem to be getting the message about it, and people keep going on not noticing. Also guess that means the goon task force already did it so I'll have to cancel my app and go back to flying solo.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 10, 2017

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!

Axialbloom posted:

It's another "known bug", so I would expect a resolution... never.

Axialbloom
Jul 7, 2011

My life is a series of
lapses in judgement.
Talked to a Live Support guy at Ubisoft. Apparently, it's a known issue according to their known issues page-

[Content] Unable to receive Task Force challenges reward
Some players reported being unable to receive the Task Force reward in spite of completing the Task Force challenge. This problem will be solved in a future patch.

So they just keep my ticket in the system until it's fixed. It's only been 4 weeks this has been happening :shrug:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Axialbloom posted:

Talked to a Live Support guy at Ubisoft. Apparently, it's a known issue according to their known issues page-

[Content] Unable to receive Task Force challenges reward
Some players reported being unable to receive the Task Force reward in spite of completing the Task Force challenge. This problem will be solved in a future patch.

So they just keep my ticket in the system until it's fixed. It's only been 4 weeks this has been happening :shrug:

Lol

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Ubisoft support are a bunch of cunts. Had to deal with them over 2 weeks for patches in the Peruvian Connection.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

I like the staff working for Ubisoft. They seem to know poo poo sucks and try and help rather than blow smoke up your rear end.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

GET MY BELT SON posted:

I swear I die more from traffic accidents than anything else

This is the worst, I had to restart a bunch of the boss capture missions because when their car got disabled they leapt out of it into oncoming traffic or I'd grab them and a SB vehicle would hit us.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

This is one of the best things to ever be posted in this thread.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Axialbloom posted:

Yep, same for me as well. Didn't get the KT raid or whatever camo, didn't get the Titanium from this week. Another thing is that it appears there is a new cosmetics pack in the shop- in the customization menu I found what I think is a new pair of sunglasses, a "steel" weapon camo, and a "Tavor Predator." But I went to the shop to go see what it was, and it doesn't appear that it's even listed.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Well, I beat all the stories, and got all of the weapons. I could collect the legends/documents for the achievements, or all of the attachments for 'fun', but I think I'm ready to uninstall the game. The challenges aren't enough to keep me going.

It was a fun, frustrating, and long lasting run. I don't regret getting this game.

Cockholsters

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I found a cool little bug. Came across a group of rebels and one of them was kicking a soccer ball around. I stole the ball away from him, hoping he would go after it but expecting he would just go into a different routine and be like a normal rebel just standing around. Instead another soccer ball spawned instantly. I kept doing it until there were like 15 balls then the guy got run over by a truck

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Earwicker posted:

I found a cool little bug. Came across a group of rebels and one of them was kicking a soccer ball around. I stole the ball away from him, hoping he would go after it but expecting he would just go into a different routine and be like a normal rebel just standing around. Instead another soccer ball spawned instantly. I kept doing it until there were like 15 balls then the guy got run over by a truck

This is genuinely the best.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Earwicker posted:

Shitballs.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Earwicker posted:

I hope you said And baby makes three. the third time you stole it.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

got a hostile with a submachine gun

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

guns for tits posted:

and baby makes three

Axialbloom
Jul 7, 2011

My life is a series of
lapses in judgement.

Hexenritter posted:

and baby makes three

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

guns for tits posted:

Where?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Anyone willing to help me with a couple of co-op related achievements? Add me on PC: Onimorter

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Morter posted:

Anyone willing to help me with a couple of co-op related achievements? Add me on PC: Onimorter

yeah, sent you a request.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I'm down for some co-op, you're already on my list.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Got it done. Thanks, fam.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Morter posted:

Got it done. Thanks, fam.

No problem, mate.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I am not a liar...

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Second expansion this month.

quote:

The second expansion to the rumble-in-the-jungle multiplayer FPS Ghost Recon Wildlands is coming on May 30, Ubisoft announced today, and will wrap up the ghostly adventures in the Santa Blanca-ruled Bolivia. Except in Fallen Ghosts, the Santa Blanca cartel doesn't rule Bolivia anymore, and it sounds like things haven't worked out quite as well as they could have.
ADVERTISING

The good news is that, thanks to the efforts of the Ghosts, the Santa Blanca cartel has fallen. The bad news is that without a long-term post-intervention plan in place, the country has fallen into civil war. The Unidad special forces unit doesn't have the muscle to control the country, and so it does what typically happens in these situations and recruits former cartel members, along with mercenaries and various sorts of criminals looking for something to do, into a "new brutal special unit" called Los Extranjeros.

With the country in ruins, the Ghosts are given one last mission: Evacuate the remaining CIA personnel and American civilians before the reprisals begin. On the way in, however, their helicopter is shot down, leaving them alone in the jungle, without support, and facing an enemy equipped with the latest and greatest gear and technology.

The expansion will feature 15 new missions and four new bosses, and what sounds like new Ghosts as well. Ubisoft said players will begin the expansion with a new character at level 30 and "equipped with all of the main game skills." The level cap has been increased to 35, and there are nine new unlockable skills, along with six new weapons including assault rifles, a sniper rifle, and a crossbow. Naturally, there are also new enemies to face, including armor-equipped soldiers, elite snipers, "jammers" who can neutralize drones and other electronic gear, and covert operators equipped with state-of-the-art cloaking devices.

Ghost Recon Wildlands season pass holders will be able to get their hands on Fallen Ghosts on May 30, while everyone else will have to hold on an extra week (until June 6) and pay $15 for it. While you wait, don't miss this rundown of the latest PC Gamer mission to Bolivia, in which the Queen's Finest shows Team America how it's done by actually getting on the plane before accidentally blowing it up.

Going to wait on this one. I enjoyed Narco Road but funnily enough, but detaching its content from the main campaign was a mistake IMO (despite the tonal clash), and none of these new toys sound as if they're going to be integrated with the base content.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I play this game more than makes sense, even though I have a lot of issues with it, I somehow find it the most addictive of this particular type of open world game and the world itself (geography and level design wise) is my favorite I've seen of it's type. However I really don't find any of the DLC compelling and wish they would just fix stuff in the main game instead (I know they won't)

or if they are going to add stuff, add a good PVP mode. something simple like you can just invade someone else's gameworld and hunt them down

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 15, 2017

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Earwicker posted:

I play this game more than makes sense, even though I have a lot of issues with it, I somehow find it the most addictive of this particular type of open world game and the world itself (geography and level design wise) is my favorite I've seen of it's type. However I really don't find any of the DLC compelling and wish they would just fix stuff in the main game instead (I know they won't)

or if they are going to add stuff, add a good PVP mode. something simple like you can just invade someone else's gameworld and hunt them down

I'm in the same boat. the dlc just hasn't piqued my interest at all despite how much I enjoy faffing around in the main game.

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Earwicker posted:

I'd play the poo poo out of a Perfect Dark counter-op style mode. Let people possess random narcos within a given radius of the players.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Pfft. Getting shot down in a chopper is nothing new, UBI. Happens to me nearly every time I fly on the central/western part of the map.

Though I do like the sound of the storyline, "We put Santa Blanca out of business but what sprang up in its place is as bad or worse. Evacuate the embassy!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Xenocidebot posted:

I'd play the poo poo out of a Perfect Dark counter-op style mode. Let people possess random narcos within a given radius of the players.

I think it would be cool if it was a very simplified version of the dark souls setup.

either

- you enter the world of another player as some sort of elite hitman called in by sb, and hunt down that player

or

- you enter the world of another player as a cia death squad in response to a ghost's call for help, whether thats infiltrating a regular base as in normal coop or dealing with another player who invaded your world

except no "covenants" or any kind of markers. when you invade someone else's world you should be able to dress like an ordinary Bolivian villager.

• Locked thread