Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
the switch is good and my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm selling my good Switch now so I can buy a bad Switch later.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Redbox isn't renting Switch games but Family Video does if there's one near you.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

my switch... is good

That's right, little buddy. It's alive and well on a big farm upstate where it can run and play virtual console games all day.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

i will buy minecraft for the first time ever tomorrow and play it whilst i poop on my dumb gay dead nintendo switch video game system

I'm doing the same thing, friend. Except I've already bought Minecraft twice.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Phantasium posted:

the true versatility of the switch is that it can *click* switch between a good and bad console at all times, truly making it four consoles in one

Six. You're forgetting table top mode.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

That's right, little buddy. It's alive and well on a big farm upstate where it can run and play virtual console games all day.

:smith:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Fremry posted:

Six. You're forgetting table top mode.

Eight, you're forgetting useless frisbee mode

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I'm still playing Zelda, 110+ hours in, and it's still amazing. I want to buy MK8 but I know as soon as I do, Zelda is over until DLC. So I am going to achieve the goals I want in Zelda first and then buy MK8. Switch rules.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I have a confession, I've only played Zelda for about 5 hours because of life happening. I feel like a bad switch owner.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
You know you can take your Switch wherever your life is happening, right?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mega64 posted:

Now, I can't because loving Trump banned tablets and laptops on all flights from Europe today.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Mega64 posted:

My life would have to happen somewhere first.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Mega64 posted:

Its not a problem taking it it's a problem having no time. Working 6 days a week plus 15 month old daughter plus an emergency surgery hasn't helped.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I think I should probably ditch my daughter for Zelda.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Rad Valtar posted:

Its not a problem taking it it's a problem having no time. Working 6 days a week plus 15 month old daughter plus an emergency surgery hasn't helped.

What? Just give her your amiibos to play with sing Epona's song to her and look up from the switch every 20 minutes or so, she'll be fine and most likely wont break off Mario's hand and choke on it while you play.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

i will buy minecraft for the first time ever tomorrow and play it whilst i poop on my dumb gay dead nintendo switch video game system

I might do the same. I've never played Minecraft, but I've seen enough of it to get it, and Dragon Quest Builders was fun enough in the scavenge-build-fight loop. I'm not pooping on any of my electronics, though. I really need a chill game on the Switch, and everything I own so far (MK8D, Isaac, Zelda, Metal Slug, Puyo Puyo Tetris) is the polar opposite of relaxing.

enojy fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 10, 2017

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Rad Valtar posted:

I have a confession, I've only played Zelda for about 5 hours because of life happening. I feel like a bad switch owner.

You can play on your lunch breaks come on

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Man, last night I decided to finally pop into Rito village after initially passing it by... then, within an hour, I had cleared the Divine Beast. To be honest though it was pretty nice to have a really straightforward one after the camel and the elephant.

Wandering around the outside of the beasts as they roam around the world is both disorienting and seriously incredible.

EDIT: Oops, wrong thread. Zelda chat is ok though I guess!

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

LethalGeek posted:

You can play on your lunch breaks come on

I don't have lunch breaks.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

my switch... is good

ya

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i wish the eshop had categories so i could quickly find all the virtual console games

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

HyperPuma posted:

i wish the eshop had categories so i could quickly find all the virtual console games

They're in there, just keep looking

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Is the eShop still only Visa and MasterCard?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Imagined posted:

Redbox isn't renting Switch games but Family Video does if there's one near you.

I've been waiting for my library to get Switch games in for a while now. No way I am paying to play 1 2 Switch

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Astro7x posted:

I've been waiting for my library to get Switch games in for a while now. No way I am paying to play 1 2 Switch

drat where you live

My library just has dudes jerking off at the computer terminals

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zelder posted:

drat where you live

drat where do you live??

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Rad Valtar posted:

I laughed at all the people convinced that VR was the next evolution of gaming instead of a niche product.

same but the dead nintendo switch

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Zelder posted:

drat where you live

Chicago Suburbs

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Went to see GotGV2 and took my Switch, turned it off because the previews were starting, a cute girl next to mee says, "no I want to see you play MK instead" :stare:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Man these fake gamer girl sightings keep getting worse.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

a.lo posted:

Went to see GotGV2 and took my Switch, turned it off because the previews were starting, a cute girl next to mee says, "no I want to see you play MK instead" :stare:
Okay now I know for sure you're all paid Nintendo plants. This is getting ridiculous.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

drat where do you live??

Sorry man you're gonna have yo wait if you wanna jerk off at the terminals they're all full right now

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

a.lo posted:

Then you said "No, it is against the rules of this theater to have my electronics out."

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
And I yelled "shut the gently caress up" because gently caress talking in the theater :mad:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

parallelodad posted:

Now, I can't because loving Trump banned tablets and laptops on all flights from Europe today.

I'm visiting Europe in August and holy gently caress is this infuriating. I've been saving my last 15 shrines in BotW just for those flights. I might try storying the joycons separately from the Switch itself in my carry-on and hope security mistakes it for a large phone.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

kamiko is a pretty nice little game and the pricepoint is good. i hope there are more cool little games like this on the switch

however, portable MK8 rocks my world. nothin like those lunchtime grand prixes

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Kirios posted:

I want to watch someone do a speedrun of a Virtual Boy at AGDQ or something like that, just to see how he/she looks coming out of that visor at the end of it.

Maybe the world can finally learn how Mario Clash is supposed to play.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Real hurthling! posted:

Sonys games for the rest of the year are going to be

Crash trilogy
Wipeout collection
Yakuza kiwami
Uncharted 4 standalone expansion
Days gone
Maybe knack 2 but probably see it after new year

Their fall is really all about activision marketing deals though with destiny and codww2 so expect a lot about both in their e3. They are gearing up to sell a lot of games and consoles on that alone.

Gow is a spring 2018 game
Death stranding and tlou2 are going to stretch past next e3

They've had an incredible 6 months and some big stuff still coming at a less frantic pace, i laughed at the post you quoted acting like they failed 2017

That was my post he quoted. I wasn't trying to argue a poor 2017 for Sony. This spring was one of the best stretches of awesome video games that I can remember in my lifetime and holiday season seems weak in comparison.

ghostwritingduck fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Phantasium posted:

tbh asking what games a system has coming out later in the year a month before E3 happens is really dumb regardless of the system.

It's true that there's often awesome titles that sneak up, but most Huge AAA releases are shown off more than 6 months in advance unless they are an annual series.

• Locked thread