Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
The empiricist archetype for Investigators gives them Int to disable device, perception, sense motive, and UMD, as well as diplomacy checks to gather information. Take the Student of Philosophy trait, and you get Int to diplomacy to persuade people and bluff to lie to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D

Ash Rose posted:

They also re-did incarnum, though I have not heard much about how well it works.

It's still incarnum, so it's a giant wall of stuff you've gotta figure out yourself.

Ambi posted:

Unfortunately a lot of the blade skills got toned down, or moved later due to response from the playtest - Multiple Throw was given a 14th level Prereq to full attack with thrown blades, because throwing has to always suck, etc. I can't remember the exact changes, or locate my PDFs from the playtest, but the original blade skills were just a bit better. I think a few of them crept into the Psionics Expanded or Augmented material maybe?

There's an archetype in the first Augmented for Soulknives called the Psychic Armoury that's throwing based. Rather than a single blade, they get a cloud of hovering blades around them, and can throw them (including full attacks, but you can't twf them). They also get Wis in place of Dex to Attack and Str to damage. It combos pretty nicely with War Mind or Gifted Blade (because you only need to focus Wis).

The same book has some blade skills to grab archetype abilities like Soul Bolt, the fists one and the armour one, along with some neat stuff like a pseudo-pounce, some teleport-y stuff and a dispelling strike ability. And a whip soulblade, for some reason.

Ambi
Dec 30, 2011

Leave it to me

ChrisAsmadi posted:

It's still incarnum, so it's a giant wall of stuff you've gotta figure out yourself.

There's an archetype in the first Augmented for Soulknives called the Psychic Armoury that's throwing based. Rather than a single blade, they get a cloud of hovering blades around them, and can throw them (including full attacks, but you can't twf them). They also get Wis in place of Dex to Attack and Str to damage. It combos pretty nicely with War Mind or Gifted Blade (because you only need to focus Wis).

The same book has some blade skills to grab archetype abilities like Soul Bolt, the fists one and the armour one, along with some neat stuff like a pseudo-pounce, some teleport-y stuff and a dispelling strike ability. And a whip soulblade, for some reason.

Is there a decent quickstart or summary for Incarnum anywhere? All I really know of it is "put essence into things, get powers and bonuses".

And I actually just finished making a Psychic Armory / War Soulknife for a game a friend of mine is running in a few weeks! It looks really cool - I took the blade skills to grab and use a blade from your armory (still Wis to attack/damage), counter using it, and wavering on which other blade skills to take because they are all so cool.
I'm not really a fan of the psionic flavour of things, and usually reskin it to runic or Arcane style magic, so I've made a scholar of ancient dungeons and weaponry, summoning ghostly copies of famous swords and spears.

I've another two characters built for that game, because I have serious indecision, I tend to leak creativity under stress and need to note down ideas for things. The others are a Warforged Paladin with the path of War archetype, styled as a holy ghost in armor type thing, or the memory of a fallen Paladin animating an ancient suit of armor - the Shield of Moradin, a partially reverent partially mocking nickname from the Hammers of Moradin. And a pair - an awakened raccoon (ratfolk stats) polymath alchemist and Treant Paladin, basically expys of Rocket Raccoon and Groot. I'd be raccoon and my girlfriend would be playing Groot.

Edit: another part of it is this is the first time I've gotten to play around with Path of War since the expanded stuff came out, and it's just a lot of fun to make martials that matter for once.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I'm more invested in having a broad toolset for an intrigue style campaign than specifically being a skill monkey, and Inquisitor seems more in line flavor wise with the kind of character I want to play. Both classes through seem to have so much "fiddly bullshit" as previously suggested, which seems exhausting.

The only thing that really bugs me is I hate alignment as an explicit in universe mechanic, but I feel like at will alignment radar is way too good to not abuse in many situations.

Thanks again for all the input.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

mango sentinel posted:

I'm more invested in having a broad toolset for an intrigue style campaign than specifically being a skill monkey, and Inquisitor seems more in line flavor wise with the kind of character I want to play. Both classes through seem to have so much "fiddly bullshit" as previously suggested, which seems exhausting.

The only thing that really bugs me is I hate alignment as an explicit in universe mechanic, but I feel like at will alignment radar is way too good to not abuse in many situations.

Thanks again for all the input.

Having played both they're really not that fiddly.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007

mango sentinel posted:

You could always take an archetype that trades it away? There's a couple that do, though I don't know how good they are.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
If you're playing in an intrigue-based game using the rules from Ultimate Intrigue there are new rules and discussions in that book that flesh out the role of alignment pretty well I think.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

ChrisAsmadi posted:

You could always take an archetype that trades it away? There's a couple that do, though I don't know how good they are.

There's sanctified slayer, which trades judgments for the slayer's studied target, which a) doesn't have a daily limit b) gives you a bonus to both attack and damage rolls at the same time and c) gives you bonuses to skills that would be useful in an intrigue-based campaign, so you could find use for it even in social situations. You also get some sneak attack and eventually a few slayer talents.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007

Red Metal posted:

There's sanctified slayer, which trades judgments for the slayer's studied target, which a) doesn't have a daily limit b) gives you a bonus to both attack and damage rolls at the same time and c) gives you bonuses to skills that would be useful in an intrigue-based campaign, so you could find use for it even in social situations. You also get some sneak attack and eventually a few slayer talents.

Oh, I know (and would like to combine it with Ravener Hunter at some point).

I meant that if mango sentinel didn't like Detect Alignment, there were archetypes that traded that away, and I didn't know how good those are.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

JackMann posted:

The empiricist archetype for Investigators gives them Int to disable device, perception, sense motive, and UMD, as well as diplomacy checks to gather information. Take the Student of Philosophy trait, and you get Int to diplomacy to persuade people and bluff to lie to them.

And you give up pure garbage to get all that too, oh no, poison lore, what will I do without you...

Empiricist is just a straight upgrade and you become god-king of skills, combine with investigator talents to get free inspiration to more skills and it just gets absurd.

They are also trained in all but 5 of the skills, which you can use traits to cover a couple of.

When I played one, I tanked Charisma all the way down to 7 and was still the party face because I could use Diplomacy, Bluff, and Sense Motive all with Intelligence.

Ash Rose fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 3, 2017

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
pathfinder has this weird pattern of giving any even slightly sneaky class poison use, then immediately adding an archetype that removes poison use because pathfinder's poison rules are incredibly bad. (plus poison is banned in their living greyhawk remake.)

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

Cease to Hope posted:

(plus poison is banned in their living greyhawk remake.)

it actually isn't, not completely anyway

you have to have poison use to be allowed to buy poisons, but you can have a character that uses poison, even though you won't because

Cease to Hope posted:

pathfinder's poison rules are incredibly bad

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

The alternate poison rules from unchained actually aren't that bad, but they also aren't society legal.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!

Cease to Hope posted:

pathfinder has this weird pattern of giving any even slightly sneaky class poison use, then immediately adding an archetype that removes poison use because pathfinder's poison rules are incredibly bad. (plus poison is banned in their living greyhawk remake.)

This describes about 90% of the clusterfuck that is trapfinding.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I want to try the conversion inquisition for inquisitors, since it lets you dump charisma without nuking every social skill. You'll have trouble with UMD, but you'll sail by bluff/intimidate/diplomacy on your wisdom score, doubly so because they're all class skills, triply so for intimidate with the class bonus.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Elysiume posted:

I want to try the conversion inquisition for inquisitors, since it lets you dump charisma without nuking every social skill. You'll have trouble with UMD, but you'll sail by bluff/intimidate/diplomacy on your wisdom score, doubly so because they're all class skills, triply so for intimidate with the class bonus.

it's so hard to justify +4ish to three skills that are mostly redundant with each other when the alternative is a domain like Animal or Liberation or Travel or Trade or Luck or Archon or Good...

there are so many good domains in PF that it's hard to justify the relatively tame and situational Inquisitions

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Cease to Hope posted:

it's so hard to justify +4ish to three skills that are mostly redundant with each other when the alternative is a domain like Animal or Liberation or Travel or Trade or Luck or Archon or Good...

there are so many good domains in PF that it's hard to justify the relatively tame and situational Inquisitions
Yeah, the tradeoff is big. I'm just kind of enamored with the idea of hard dumping a stat and not being directly penalized, which is usually a luxury left for full casters.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Elysiume posted:

Yeah, the tradeoff is big. I'm just kind of enamored with the idea of hard dumping a stat and not being directly penalized, which is usually a luxury left for full casters.

inquisitors can dump charisma at less cost than clerics, and can dump dex just as well as they can.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm quite surprised that there doesn't seem to be a trait where you can get a social skill to use WIS instead of CHA since those exist for INT.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Andrast posted:

I'm quite surprised that there doesn't seem to be a trait where you can get a social skill to use WIS instead of CHA since those exist for INT.

feats and traits like that exist chiefly to unfuck the problem that rogues need all six stats to do their jobs

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I want my Inquisitor to be a neutral aligned detective/enforcer for a Neutral Good church. They're an attache to a diplomatic mission from our city state as an open hand from the church, but actually there to keep our own folks in line and feel out this foreign power for motives. No explicit espionage, just info gathering.

Any tips on building this type of character and what's a useful domain for this that plausibly belongs to a friendly faced God of the masses?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
liberation and travel have always been good. so is good (and gods traditionally have their alignment domains in 3e/PF), but holy avenging isn't quite what you're going for i don't think

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

mango sentinel posted:

I want my Inquisitor to be a neutral aligned detective/enforcer for a Neutral Good church. They're an attache to a diplomatic mission from our city state as an open hand from the church, but actually there to keep our own folks in line and feel out this foreign power for motives. No explicit espionage, just info gathering.

Any tips on building this type of character and what's a useful domain for this that plausibly belongs to a friendly faced God of the masses?

Alertness and Skill Focus (Sense Motive). Also Perceive Cues spell. Now make your GM hate you by asking "What is their intention and are they attempting to conceal something when they make that statement?" after every sentence. Alternatively, ask your GM to simply whisper you any relevant information assuming you're always taking 10 whenever in a non-threatening conversation. Maxing Sense Motive is one of those skills that's really useful and can be played out to the "secret enforcer" type things, more so than Perception. Because typically when you spot with Perception it's something the rest of the party will see in a few turns anyways, it's more like an early warning indicator. Sense Motive is gonna let you keep that information to yourself until you're ready to deduce something and is typically a great way to drop a plot bomb on your allies.

Joking aside, focus on your investigative capacity at lower levels. Inquisitor is one of those classes who's low level combat capacity is kind of trash, and then spikes upwards around the mid-game without any real effort. If you're expecting a combat heavy campaign you can never go wrong with Fate's Favored + Divine Favor to put you in line with the rest of your party members.

EDIT: Also you may wanna look at the Harvest vigilante archtype? It's basically a "Secret Hero of the Common Folk" which might jam with your theme.

SweetBro fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 5, 2017

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Ambi posted:

I'm not really a fan of the psionic flavour of things, and usually reskin it to runic or Arcane style magic, so I've made a scholar of ancient dungeons and weaponry, summoning ghostly copies of famous swords and spears.

Take a look at the Living Legend archetype for the Soulknife, which is themed around exactly this kind of thing. It's not directly compatible with Psychic Armory, but you could mine it for flavor, or rebuild to use it if you don't mind using Int instead of Wis for attacks (and Gifted Blade stuff!). It can do the ranged full attack thing when its Archmage legend is active, but can also switch to other roles for different weapon types and secondary bonuses like spell completion item use / DR and resistances / bonus teamwork feats / etc.

There's also the Host of Heroes archetype for Aegis which has basically the same flavor. It's less interesting at a glance but arguably stronger, since on top of the absurd flexibility of aegis (swap maneuvers and powers around all the time, etc), you can get a bunch of basically free bonuses if you stack your customizations right, for the pretty minor limitation of having specific armor types instead of the generic astral suits.

Roadie fucked around with this message at 06:32 on May 5, 2017

Ambi
Dec 30, 2011

Leave it to me

Roadie posted:

Take a look at the Living Legend archetype for the Soulknife, which is themed around exactly this kind of thing. It's not directly compatible with Psychic Armory, but you could mine it for flavor, or rebuild to use it if you don't mind using Int instead of Wis for attacks (and Gifted Blade stuff!). It can do the ranged full attack thing when its Archmage legend is active, but can also switch to other roles for different weapon types and secondary bonuses like spell completion item use / DR and resistances / bonus teamwork feats / etc.

There's also the Host of Heroes archetype for Aegis which has basically the same flavor. It's less interesting at a glance but arguably stronger, since on top of the absurd flexibility of aegis (swap maneuvers and powers around all the time, etc), you can get a bunch of basically free bonuses if you stack your customizations right, for the pretty minor limitation of having specific armor types instead of the generic astral suits.

Those both sound neat! Which book are they in? Since the importing of DSP stuff to d20pfsrd is mysteriously awful.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ambi posted:

Those both sound neat! Which book are they in? Since the importing of DSP stuff to d20pfsrd is mysteriously awful.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/185962/Psionics-Augmented-Living-Legend

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/206361/Psionics-Augmented-Host-of-Heroes

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
What mercy should I take at level 3 paladin? I'm having a really hard time deciding. Mostly going to be using LoH on myself as a swift in melee.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

empathe posted:

What mercy should I take at level 3 paladin? I'm having a really hard time deciding. Mostly going to be using LoH on myself as a swift in melee.

Do you have a barbarian in the party? If so, definitely the one to remove fatigue. Shakened or sickened are runner-ups.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Kvantum posted:

Do you have a barbarian in the party? If so, definitely the one to remove fatigue. Shakened or sickened are runner-ups.

Shaken is by far the worst option IMO since you get your anti-fear aura next level.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
For later levels, there's a feat you should definitely take (and it's underwhelming prerequisite)

e: Horror adventures added 2 third level mercies as well, Deceived and Riled. If you run into a fair amount of illusions, Deceived helps a lot if you're regularly making the saves thanks to divine grace. Riled is a no-brainer if you've got a psychic caster in the party, as it saves their asses like nothing else.

Eox fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 9, 2017

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Eox posted:

For later levels, there's a feat you should definitely take (and it's underwhelming prerequisite)

e: Horror adventures added 2 third level mercies as well, Deceived and Riled. If you run into a fair amount of illusions, Deceived helps a lot if you're regularly making the saves thanks to divine grace. Riled is a no-brainer if you've got a psychic caster in the party, as it saves their asses like nothing else.

I'm building a 2-H Vital Strike / Crit Paladin. I'm human, already have power attack and focus (greatsword). Should I take Furious Focus at 3rd or get the Greater Mercy out of the way (I like +1d6 for self-LoH heal in theory) but hitting more reliably w/ PA is always good?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

empathe posted:

I'm building a 2-H Vital Strike / Crit Paladin. I'm human, already have power attack and focus (greatsword). Should I take Furious Focus at 3rd or get the Greater Mercy out of the way (I like +1d6 for self-LoH heal in theory) but hitting more reliably w/ PA is always good?

I'd say that's something you want to feel out. If you're having much trouble hitting, definitely go for Furious Focus. Ideally between smite/a +1 sword/only having the one attack it shouldn't be a problem, but that depends on how tough the monsters your DM throws at you are.

Also I don't know what god you follow but with that build i'm contractually obligated to recommend Ragathiel

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Sickened is good because it's a prerequisite for nauseated which is fuckin nasty to get hit by

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Long-running question about cover:

quote:

To determine whether your target has cover from your ranged attack, choose a corner of your square. If any line from this corner to any corner of the target's square passes through a square or border that blocks line of effect or provides cover, or through a square occupied by a creature, the target has cover (+4 to AC).

When making a melee attack against an adjacent target, your target has cover if any line from any corner of your square to the target's square goes through a wall (including a low wall). When making a melee attack against a target that isn't adjacent to you (such as with a reach weapon), use the rules for determining cover from ranged attacks.
For a melee attack, it's obvious that you have to use the least favorable result. If X is attacking Y and Os are walls:
pre:
  Y
 XOO
  O
A line from the bottom-right of X's square passes through a wall, so Y has cover.

For a ranged attack,
  • Do you get to pick the corner that's most favorable to you?
  • Does a line running along a border count as passing through a border?
In that same scenario, can X (using Point-Blank Master I guess) attack Y without being penalized by cover by choosing the top-left corner?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

Elysiume posted:

For a ranged attack,
  • Do you get to pick the corner that's most favorable to you?
  • Does a line running along a border count as passing through a border?
In that same scenario, can X (using Point-Blank Master I guess) attack Y without being penalized by cover by choosing the top-left corner?
  • Yes
  • No
X can attack Y without being penalized by cover. Incidentally, because X has cover from Y in melee, X can make a ranged attack without provoking even without Point-Blank Master.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
So I'm going to be playing a level 8 Tattooed Sorcerer for a custom campaign set in Nex/Geb and am wondering what Bloodline works best. (Disclaimer: I have never played a pure-arcane spellcaster before so this is completely foreign to me)

As a Changling with the Pyrophile hag trait I get +1 damage to spells with the [fire] descriptor. I was thinking of the Efreeti bloodline since I can change my energy spells to fire if needed, but the draconic bloodline can do that as well depending on the right dragon. Both of their interesting bloodline abilities are replaced with archetype abilities (1st, 7th, and 9th) which makes easier/tougher. I figure Efreeti would be better since I get fire spells for my bloodline and can use my known spells to pick up non-fire spells. Plus I still get wish once per day at lvl 20.

Other things to note: My character is a scholar of Thassilon, a follower of the Peacock Spirit, and the campaign takes place "30 years after the most recent AP" to allow more story freedom, since our character are supposed to be famous prior to the campaign start (hence the Thassilonian scholar). I am aware of the admixture wizard/sorcerer combo but don't really want to multi-class. And Tattooed Mystic is a garbage prestige class that puts you 2 spellclass levels lower in exchange for extremely situational tattoo abilities. Our GM has said magic > abilities for this campaign since it's going to deal with high-level poo poo like Arazni, Tar-Baphon and other mythical things, so the more 9th level spells the better. I took an imp consular for my Improved Familiar so my lvl 7 feat is also locked in.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Our GM has said magic > abilities for this campaign since it's going to deal with high-level poo poo like Arazni, Tar-Baphon and other mythical things, so the more 9th level spells the better.

I would personally be like "Oh yeah!?" And then play something completely OP with minimal spell-casting capacity.

That being said if you're trying to player masterblaster sorc the normal pattern is crossblooded ifrit + dragon bloodline, combined with your trait you should be dealing +2 damage per die rolled on all yourself. If you wanna take the dickus in terms of having light-sensitivity and living with the fact that you got dirty Orc blood in your veins, taking the Orc bloodline will give you +3 per damage die rolled.

Though honestly if the point is "the more level 9th spells the better" why not play an Arcanist?

SweetBro fucked around with this message at 22:18 on May 10, 2017

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

SweetBro posted:

crossblooded

Also puts me 1 spellclass lower so nope. And Orc gives me a bunch of stuff that doesn't help me, like light sensitivity (until the next level*, yeah, but gently caress that I already have Darkvision)

*Actually, I don't know since my level 9 ability was changed.

SweetBro posted:

Though honestly if the point is "the more level 9th spells the better" why not play an Arcanist?

Because I don't feel like playing a hybrid class when I've barely played a spellcaster period?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Because I don't feel like playing a hybrid class when I've barely played a spellcaster period?

arcanists are easier to play than sorcerers, just because you can't gently caress yourself quite as hard at chargen

strip away everything else about the class. your main deal is that every day you pick X spells from your spellbook, and you can cast any of those X spells Y times. if your spellset isn't what you need for this situation, Quick Study (the best arcane exploit and the one you're going to take first because you're not a sucker) lets you spend a full-round action and an arcanist ki point (whatever the gently caress they're called, I forget) to swap out one of your X spells for a different spell from your spellbook.

it's as versatile turn-to-turn as a sorcerer, while keeping the wizard's gently caress-up-proof spellbook.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

So I'm going to be playing a level 8 Tattooed Sorcerer for a custom campaign set in Nex/Geb and am wondering what Bloodline works best. (Disclaimer: I have never played a pure-arcane spellcaster before so this is completely foreign to me)

As a Changling with the Pyrophile hag trait I get +1 damage to spells with the [fire] descriptor. I was thinking of the Efreeti bloodline since I can change my energy spells to fire if needed, but the draconic bloodline can do that as well depending on the right dragon. Both of their interesting bloodline abilities are replaced with archetype abilities (1st, 7th, and 9th) which makes easier/tougher. I figure Efreeti would be better since I get fire spells for my bloodline and can use my known spells to pick up non-fire spells. Plus I still get wish once per day at lvl 20.

Other things to note: My character is a scholar of Thassilon, a follower of the Peacock Spirit, and the campaign takes place "30 years after the most recent AP" to allow more story freedom, since our character are supposed to be famous prior to the campaign start (hence the Thassilonian scholar). I am aware of the admixture wizard/sorcerer combo but don't really want to multi-class. And Tattooed Mystic is a garbage prestige class that puts you 2 spellclass levels lower in exchange for extremely situational tattoo abilities. Our GM has said magic > abilities for this campaign since it's going to deal with high-level poo poo like Arazni, Tar-Baphon and other mythical things, so the more 9th level spells the better. I took an imp consular for my Improved Familiar so my lvl 7 feat is also locked in.

Go Orc bloodline if you're really sure you want to go Tattooed archetype blasting Sorcerer, best bang for your buck on damage. The Efreeti bloodline capstone is actually pretty poo poo, because it only grants Limited Wish once per day. You get a once per day 7th level spell as your capstone, it aint great.

If you're not 100% on Sorcerer, look at an Exploiter archetype Wizard, School Savant archetype Arcanist, and Brown Fur Transmuter archetype Arcanist. Works better with the scholarly angle too I think since they're int based, which is a pretty underrated part of those classes I think. Having boss knowledge skills and spellcraft is always extremely useful to have.