Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

decided I didn't have any FF12 synergy (I have penelo's ssb)

so i pulled on the banner2

got Basch's unique shield and larsa's SSB.

I guess I shouldn't pull on this banner and save up for the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Cowcaster posted:

i have no reason to pull on a fft banner again probably 3 times over but that won't stop me if they decide to add orran durai

:):hf::)

you *get* FFT man.

*throws new FFT relic into scrooge mcduck style money bin filled with FFT relics*

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

They need to make a chocobo a playable character for FFT. Give it black 5 and a meteor-based SB since the realm needs some more mages anyway

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

They need to make a chocobo a playable character for FFT. Give it black 5 and a meteor-based SB since the realm needs some more mages anyway
Yes, except it's Boko from FFV.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i knew fft was starved for mages up until rapha and marach showed up but it wasn't until this very moment that i realized that there's not a single character from that realm that can use summons, of any rank. that seems weird

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Cowcaster posted:

i knew fft was starved for mages up until rapha and marach showed up but it wasn't until this very moment that i realized that there's not a single character from that realm that can use summons, of any rank. that seems weird
Elidibus.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Servaetes posted:

just wanna say btw your lightning bsb ashe lady carried the gently caress out of the FFT event boss, much thanks for running her

Haha yeah I basically run Ashe + Cid Raines + OK and wreck everything

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Bell_ posted:

Elidibus.

I think the hope was for people who were actually in. (Unless Elidibus is in the Japanese version, anyway, but I assume if they add an Elidibus it'll be the FF14 version.)

If they eventually add her, maybe Reis for the same reason Krile is, as a beastmaster - she's got automatic Monster Talk, Monster Skill and Tame in her human class.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Hell, I'll take it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Boko(Boco?) is the chocobo you save in the forest in FFT. :eng101:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

FFXII CM cleared. Man that was pretty awesome. Shantotto BSB was MVP. My team wasn't very strong either, mostly lower 70s characters.

Team was
Balthier lvl 72 firaga strike and steal power
Fran lvl 72 FB, MBD
Ashe lvl 95 dispel and RW bot, have her BSB
Penelope lvl 76 shellga and ultracure
Larsa lvl 72 protectga and curaja

Main thing was using exploiting Ashe's lighting buffs and then blowing through the weak phase as quickly as possible. To maximize Ashe's lightning cycle attacks, I used Balthier to blow through fire phase. There was some RNG involved to not get silenced, especially for my healers.

Anyway I think I'm satisfied with that being my last CM for at least a few weeks as I have poo poo synergy and the difficulty's going up. For anyone who's maxed out the game and not doing CMs, I highly recommend trying it for an extra challenge.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The upcoming JP schedule clarified:

- Featuring Aria
- Legend Spheres for Aria, Arc, Cloud of Darkness & Desch
- All event stages will be available from the start
- Bonus battle day will feature revived stages from Onion Knight's debut event "Aspiring Knight"

- Featuring Prompto & Aranea
- There will be a "Prompto Photo Contest" twitter campaign, various rewards can be earned based on the number of participated votes

- Featuring Kiros & Ward
- In FFRK, Kiros will be speed focused while Ward is given high endurance

- Featuring Rude & Elena
- New SB for Sephiroth
- In early June, there will also be a new event called "Shinra's 100-man Gauntlet" where you will fight against waves of Shinra Army soldiers

Also in late May, the next set of Record Missions.
- Missions will be introduced for FFVI, FFVII, FFIX, FFX & FFXI
- Alongside these missions will be a relic banner, as well as Legend Spheres for Kimahri & Yuffie

Furthermore, the III banners are known. New relics include Refia's USB and LMR, Arc's BSB2 and LMR, Aria's BSB, SSB and LMR, Cloud of Darkness's USB and LMR, and Desch's USB and LMR.
(Note on Aria's BSB- Resist (element) is the reverse of Imperil and works the way one might expect from that.)

BANNER 1
-----------------
Refia's Metal Knuckles [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks, Quick Cast 1, En-Fire & High Critical to user, grants user Quick Cast 1 when using Fire attacks

Ingus's Rune Axe [LCSSB, +10 ATK] - 11 single-target Earth physical attacks, activates Earth Limit Chain, Last Stand to party

Arc's Wizard Rod [BSSB, +10 MND] - 8 single-target Holy/Water white magic attacks, En-Holy, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Holy/Water white magic attacks
Defend -> Single-target 105 heal & MND +30%

Aria's Nirvana [BSSB, +10 MND] - h85 heal & Resist Fire to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target h80 heal & High Regen, Instant Cast
Defend -> h25 heal to party

Refia's Shura Gloves [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks, Critical = 50% to user, En-Fire, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, critical damage deals x2.0
Defend -> 2 AOE Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30% to user

Onion Knight's Onion Gauntlets [BSSB, +5 ATK & +5 MAG] - ATK & MAG +30% and Haste to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target physical attacks, Instant Physical 1 to user
Defend -> 4 single-target NE magic attacks, Instant Magic 1 to user

Refia's Dougi [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Fire abilities
Arc's Robe of Lords [LMR, +10 MND] - MND +?% for each White Magic ability used, up to ?%
Aria's Astral Bracelet [LMR, +10 MND] - When using White Magic ability, ?% chance of granting user Heal Boost

Aria's Dress [SSB, +10 MND] - Magic Blink 1 & 2000 HP Stock to party
Refia's Rising Sun [SSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target physical attacks, ATK & DEF +35% and Haste to user
Onion Knight's Onion Sword [SSB, +10 ATK] - 8~11 single-target physical attacks, number of hits is dependent on user's SPD, DEF & RES -50%

BANNER 2
-----------------
Cloud of Darkness's Empress Karna [USSB, +10 MAG] - 7 AOE Dark/Lightning magic attacks, MAG & RES +30% to party, En-Dark & "Wave Cannon" to user
"Wave Cannon": When using Dark abilities, chase with AOE Dark/Lightning magic attack

Desch's Gladius [USSB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Lightning/NE magic attacks, Imperil Lightning, Quick Magic 3 to party

Cloud of Darkness's Calcite Staff [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 8 random Dark/Holy magic attacks, Radiant Shield to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Dark/Holy magic attacks, 7% Silence/Blind
Defend -> 4 single-target Dark/Holy magic attacks, 7% Stop/Paralyze

Arc's Staff of the Magi [BSSB, +10 MND] - 5 single-target Holy/NE white magic attacks, h55 heal to party, MND +30% to user, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target h80 heal & Esuna
Defend -> h25 heal to party

Desch's Avenger [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 5 AOE Lightning/NE magic attacks, En-Lightning, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Lightning/NE magic attacks, Quick Magic 1 to user
Defend -> 2 AOE Lightning/NE magic attacks, MAG +30% & DEF -30%

Ingus's Aegis Shield [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 4 AOE Earth/NE physical attacks, ATK & DEF +30% to user, En-Earth, Burst Mode
Attack -> 2 single-target Earth/NE physical attacks, Sentinel
Defend -> 2 single-target Earth/NE physical attacks, Retaliate

Cloud of Darkness's Armguard [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Desch's Bracer [LMR, +10 MAG] - MAG +?% with each Black Magic hit dealt, up to ?%
Ingus's Genji Shield [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to reduce damage taken by 30% when equipped with Shield

Cloud of Darkness's Darkening Cloak [SSB, +10 MAG] - 5 AOE Dark/Holy magic attacks, En-Dark
Arc's White Mage Robe [SSB, +10 MND] - h85 heal & Physical Blink 1 to party, Instant Cast
Ingus's Gaia Blade [SSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Earth/NE physical attacks, ATK & MAG -50%

New 5* Monk ability: Burning Crush - 4 single-target Fire physical attacks, high% Critical rate

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Hogama posted:

The upcoming JP schedule clarified:

- Featuring Prompto & Aranea

- Featuring Rude & Elena

New 5* Monk ability: Burning Crush - 4 single-target Fire physical attacks, high% Critical rate

Very excited for all this, but mostly these. I've been playing XV a lot lately and its much more enjoyable than I was expecting. I guess Global players can expect this around Christmas?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I can't wait to have a team with Aria, Maria, and Maria's Song.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Hmm, a fire elemental high crit monk ability, wonder who that's designed for :thumbsup:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
When they introduce Ignis I'm probably going to run some kind of silly ' Physical Impediment' team. Ignis, Ward, Auron, Barret and... Kimahri? I guess being hornless could be an impediment.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Not sure I'd ever use his USB over Shout unless I'm spamming Lifesiphon and can have both running at the same time alongside VoF.

If you have VoF running alongside, then the hastega on Shout is redundant, meaning your actual choice is between +50% ATK or +30% ATK/MAG/DEF plus party Powerchain.

In most cases, the def bump and instant-cast effect would make Ramza USB better, since before long you're hitting softcap, either for ATK or buffs.

Granted, if Shout is your only hastega, that kind of takes priority, but in situations where someone else has that taken care of.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

ApplesandOranges posted:

When they introduce Ignis I'm probably going to run some kind of silly ' Physical Impediment' team. Ignis, Ward, Auron, Barret and... Kimahri? I guess being hornless could be an impediment.

How is Auron physically impeded, aside from being dead (Which could then count Tidus)? He just slings his arm because that's a ronin thing, not because it's actually busted.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

RagnarokAngel posted:

How is Auron physically impeded, aside from being dead (Which could then count Tidus)? He just slings his arm because that's a ronin thing, not because it's actually busted.

He has a very visible scar down across his right eye, which he didn't have when he was younger.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

ApplesandOranges posted:

He has a very visible scar down across his right eye, which he didn't have when he was younger.

Ah right, fair.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

ApplesandOranges posted:

Could use Red XIII instead of Kimahri (he's missing an eye).

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's worth +10atk when you master it, otherwise no.

poo poo. Ah well, now he has aoe I guess...

Although apparently galuf's bsb is a pretty sweet one. With galuf, thancrede and yda I now have 2 fire imperils on three fire bursts! I mean yda will essentially never be able to use their gimmics of not being hurt due to aoe, but at least thancrede is usable against magic bosses. I have locke's osb too, and his dps has managed to seriously surprise me, so I think I have a pretty legit fire team now.

Edit: oh poo poo a new monk ability? Guess I can shatter the current fire skill, this one is a clear replacement.

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 17:54 on May 11, 2017

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Ok is anyone else getting the Really loving Annoying Bug where the game is moved down a little? Like on the main menu your characters are on top of the draw relic button. It's getting very annoying to tab out every time that happens.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Sprite141 posted:

poo poo. Ah well, now he has aoe I guess...

Although apparently galuf's bsb is a pretty sweet one. With galuf, thancrede and yda I now have 2 fire imperils on three fire bursts! I mean yda will essentially never be able to use their gimmics of not being hurt due to aoe, but at least thancrede is usable against magic bosses. I have locke's osb too, and his dps has managed to seriously surprise me, so I think I have a pretty legit fire team now.

Edit: oh poo poo a new monk ability? Guess I can shatter the current fire skill, this one is a clear replacement.

Yeah don't discount the AOE aspect. It hits hard too.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Servaetes posted:

Ok is anyone else getting the Really loving Annoying Bug where the game is moved down a little? Like on the main menu your characters are on top of the draw relic button. It's getting very annoying to tab out every time that happens.
It's an issue with Android 7.0. Update to 7.1 or roll back to fix it.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sprite141 posted:

Well, its not coming for six months and the current fire monk skill offers self healing so I wouldn't say its a clear replacement, especially not yet.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Fires within is also long-ranged, for those occasional obnoxious fights where the enemy goes in- and out of long-range.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

My streak of 100 gem pulls being absolutely nothing ended finally and I got Yuna's USB!

Seems...good if you're going to die in a fight I guess? Obviously all the features are cool but generally speaking if I have to res its probably a lost fight and I just need to re-tool.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Raise is always debated in utility but it's generally pretty great in multiplayer fights where things can go to poo poo easily and quickly. Even if you ignore that raise part though, Curaga + Haste + Last Stand is drat fine combination.

Also that last stand helps ease one of raise's biggest drawbacks, where someone comes back unbuffed and liable to get instagibbed.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Yeah, Yuna USB is pretty much the best Raise ever. Best for multiplayer since it doesn't actually have medals for KOs, just for making sure 4 characters are alive at the end of the battle.

Raise + Last Stand + Haste means whoever you brought back to life will actually be able to do something instead of instantly die again.

Hawkeye
Jun 2, 2003
My last few 11-pulls have been so junky... It's sapping my desire to keep playing.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
Cid Highwind level 99 update: I hit the damage cap against Apocalypse Hashmal with his BSB entry. He carved the 200 torment up and if I hadn't run out of stamina he'd have probably taken down the 250 as well. If you can get Cid's BSB, I recommend it highly.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
And some more details on the JP FFIII event.

Aria
White 5/Support 3/Bard 5/Dancer 4
Dagger, Rod, Staff, Instrument
Hat, Light Armor, Robe, Bracer

Just +9% healing and minor Silence resist in her Record Spheres.

Burning Crush is 0.68x damage per hit (2.72x base potency) with +20% critical chance per hit. Slightly weaker than Exploding Fist by the numbers but of course it can be boosted by EnFire and hitting weakness.

Refia's USB incorporates that popular chocobo hug scene into a beatdown (with an appearance from Burning Crush).
Arc's BSB2 invokes the Water Crystal for some holy deluges.
Aria's BSB beseeches the Water Crystal for aid.
Aria's SSB shields the party with some divine protection.

4 CMs on this event:
1st CM requires Ingus in party
2nd CM requires Desch in party
3rd CM requires FF3 only party with Aria
4th CM requires FF3 only party

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

MikeSevigny posted:

Cid Highwind level 99 update: I hit the damage cap against Apocalypse Hashmal with his BSB entry. He carved the 200 torment up and if I hadn't run out of stamina he'd have probably taken down the 250 as well. If you can get Cid's BSB, I recommend it highly.

As a Cid BSB Haver this excites me. I will shut up and sit down and drink my god drat tea.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Welp, I saved 200 mithril for this banner hoping for Yuna's USB.

I got a bunch of crap and 3 Tidus chain swords, which I'm not actually mad about because my physical X synergy sucked (the reason I felt okay chasing Yuna's)

Blech

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

wizard on a water slide posted:

Welp, I saved 200 mithril for this banner hoping for Yuna's USB.

I got a bunch of crap and 3 Tidus chain swords, which I'm not actually mad about because my physical X synergy sucked (the reason I felt okay chasing Yuna's)

Blech

That sucks, better luck on the festival banners. My X synergy is terrible as well (only 2 relics) but these banners don't appeal to me at all. Just gonna keep saving my mythril.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pslU2cAIn8

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Since I level capped my hastega users I've benched them and have been RWing one for the half price realms. Quite often especially Ramzas have a comment "364 MND" etc. Why does Mind matter for Shout, or does it?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Since I level capped my hastega users I've benched them and have been RWing one for the half price realms. Quite often especially Ramzas have a comment "364 MND" etc. Why does Mind matter for Shout, or does it?

Determines how long the buff lasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

mind lengthens most buff durations

• Locked thread