Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwilty
May 31, 2011

mentholmoose posted:

The Phillies apparently forgot how to pitch recently, so I wouldn't get too excited about beating them.

On the other hand Aaron Altherr is a beautiful, wonderful man.

Mariner's are .500 for the first time this season, I will get excited about whatever I drat well please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

cis autodrag posted:

I mostly agree, but Attanasio's fervent desire to win all the time but on a budget left the team in a really bad position. I think hiring a new GM was a good move on the mere fact that he's not as tight with the new guy and the new guy will have his decisions affected by Mark less, regardless of how good of an actual GM that new guy is.

He seems to be on the right track so far, but only time will ultimately tell.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

So that play last night in the 7th when Toles couldn't get to a ball in the corner and Julio Urias lost the no-no bid? Yeah turns out it also cost Toles his ACL.

Silver lining is at least Bellinger has a place to play if/when Adrian Gonzalez comes back.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

mentholmoose posted:

The Phillies apparently forgot how to pitch recently, so I wouldn't get too excited about beating them.

So did the Ms; the last two games featured 36 runs between the two teams.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

mentholmoose posted:

Goofiest smile in the NL :allears:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

N: https://twitter.com/BillShaikin/status/862449708656017408

V: This seems incredibly stupid. It's May, why are you rushing a guy back so he can play hurt some more and never properly heal?

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

The M's are at .500 despite the rotation and their RotY candidate being on the DL. When they get healthy they're gonna be good :neckbeard:

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

loving rainout. loving Chicago. Stupid city. I hate it here.

Just kidding I love it because I've never been to two MLB in the same season in my life.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

rickiep00h posted:

loving rainout. loving Chicago. Stupid city. I hate it here.

Just kidding I love it because I've never been to two MLB in the same season in my life.

They're doing a True Doubleheader to make it up in August, which is amazing and far too rare.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i guess the cubs took the you go we go slogan for fowler too literally

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

bawfuls posted:

So that play last night in the 7th when Toles couldn't get to a ball in the corner and Julio Urias lost the no-no bid? Yeah turns out it also cost Toles his ACL.

Silver lining is at least Bellinger has a place to play if/when Adrian Gonzalez comes back.

Out for the year. Fffffff.

bawfuls posted:

N: https://twitter.com/BillShaikin/status/862449708656017408

V: This seems incredibly stupid. It's May, why are you rushing a guy back so he can play hurt some more and never properly heal?

He hopes. We hope no one places undue pressure on the training and medical staff.

Hope is a delusion.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Something called a "Brett Eibner" is taking Toles' place on the 25 man

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Mariners' DL consists of Felix, Paxton, Smyly, Iwakuma, Haniger and Cishek. Yet they're still playing .500 ball. Looking forward to lots of dingers from both sides in Toronto!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Mr. Fix It posted:

The M's are at .500 despite the rotation and their RotY candidate being on the DL. When they get healthy they're gonna be good :neckbeard:

seiferguy posted:

Mariners' DL consists of Felix, Paxton, Smyly, Iwakuma, Haniger and Cishek. Yet they're still playing .500 ball. Looking forward to lots of dingers from both sides in Toronto!

It's May 10th. It's way too early to get excited about this team.

But dear god, I [i]really[i] want to get excited about this team.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
N: Grichuk has opinions about the Dinger Machine.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=my9HQDGXpCI

V: Grichuk really sounds like he should be surfing. At least he doesn't like the Dinger Machine.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Ezequiel Carrera and Kevin Pillar are gonna crush you!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Mr. Fix It posted:

Mets will never get healthy, sorry

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It's been a long road for the Mariners back to .500 but drat does it feel good. :clint:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I wish people didn't no-sell my Astros Lounge :smith:

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Cardinals prospect Daniel Poncedeleon had to have surgery to relieve cranial pressure after being hit in the head by a comebacker. When the hell are they going to just force pitchers to wear the hats with better protection?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

seiferguy posted:

The Jays' DL consists of Sanchez, Happ, Tulo, Donaldson, and Martin (with Morales day to day) yet they just won a series against Cleveland. It's gonna be a fun series with the Mariners for sure.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

The Berzerker posted:

The Jays' DL consists of Sanchez, Happ, Tulo, Donaldson, and Martin (with Morales day to day) yet they just won a series against Cleveland. It's gonna be a fun series with the Mariners for sure.

Yeah I'm kinda hoping they are through the worst of it. Will be interesting to see how they do if they can get some of their good players back. I still think they aren't going to make the playoffs but at least they've won the last couple series.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

there I was just digging around on the internets and found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWS0zySBGyA

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Tomorrow begins Astros vs Yankees, aka the two best teams in baseball

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Hey I did my best :colbert:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Mets will never get healthy, sorry

Wrong M's team!

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Paracaidas posted:

They're doing a True Doubleheader to make it up in August, which is amazing and far too rare.

I'm headed up to Minneapolis for the Friday and Saturday games the weekend before and driving back to Milwaukee Sunday. Now I'm really thinking about extending that vacation an extra day and heading down to Chicago for this.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 07:53 on May 11, 2017

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Intruder posted:

Tomorrow begins Astros vs Yankees, aka the two best teams in baseball

No better time for a meteor strike

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Infidel Castro posted:

I'm headed up to Minneapolis for the Friday and Saturday games the weekend before and driving back to Milwaukee Sunday. Now I'm really thinking about extending that vacation an extra day and heading down to Chicago for this.

My understanding is that it's literally the best way to spend a day on the south side

disclaimer: anything south of Bucktown is "too urban" for me. Including Wicker Park.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

all-Rush mixtape posted:

This is your only post in the thread and I have no idea what you're talking about.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Marlins are hot garbage and half of our infield is on the DL. Wake me up when Loria sells.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Marlins are hot garbage and half of our infield is on the DL. Wake me up when Loria sells.

Good news: the Braves are coming to town.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

bawfuls posted:

It sounds like he should be a better outfielder than beefcake Kyle Schwarber so the Dodgers have that advantage going for them.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

elentar posted:

Good news: the Braves are coming to town.
We'll probably somehow get swept

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

N: Family went to the game last night (Crew won again). Bro caught a foul.

V: :unsmith:

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

This fangraphs article about Eric Thames is really good if anyone is interested.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

FlamingLiberal posted:

Marcell Ozuna and Christian Yelich are raking like their lives depend on it, and José Ureña stole Adam Conley's powers and got him banished to the shadow realm. If anything, the Marlins are only lukewarm garbage.

Seriously though, what is taking this Jeb-Jeets deal so long to come through?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

iospace posted:

N: Family went to the game last night (Crew won again). Bro caught a foul.

V: :unsmith:

Feels good man.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Wish list for Tribe should they still be doing well at Deadline:

1. Get rid of Trevor Bauer.
2. Find proper CF.
3. Find C who can hit.
4. Find another adequate starting pitcher.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
Gomes is OPSing .750 right now. He might not be an elite level bat , but he's not the automatic out he was last year anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Phillies extended Pete Mackanin for 2018 and a 2019 option. This comes less than 24 hours after Joaquin Benoit ripped him for bullpen management.

Phillies Bullpen is so bad, it doesn't matter what inning he puts in a guy. Benoit has been around long enough to know how to get guys out, no matter what inning it is

• Locked thread