Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invader Zym
Sep 19, 2002

Profit over Prophet, I remain with the League of Merchants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.

Give me the sugar, give me the tomatoes and chocolate, corn and potatoes. Give me colonies!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Merchant me.

Besides that, I was if whether there's a summary of the national ideas of Andalus and the other big players available? Would be interesting to know if they've changed significantly from vanilla, but if you want to keep it under wraps for story purposes that's fine.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 10, 2017

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Merchants!

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

I change to supporting the League of Merchants

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

I, Chatrapati, remain a member of the Ulama.

The learned Mullah Mountaineer is correct. Our alliance with the Celts has brought us nothing but the death of thousands, both in Al-Andalus and Siqilia. These endless wars may have brought new titles to the Taifas, or gold to the merchants, but it is the good people of the book who suffer.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Mountaineer posted:

I, Mullah Mountaineer, remain with the Ulama. It is clear we need faith now more than ever.

The Taifas can squabble all they want about the quality and size of our army, but they ignore the fact that we only got into this war because of our alliance with the Christians in the Celtic Empire. I call upon other faithful Muslims to join the Ulama so we may gain greater influence in the government. Only then can we demand the Sultan sever relations with the heathen Celts and avoid a repeat of this war.

I agree wholeheartedly and consequently change my allegiance to the Ulama faction. Our involvement with the Celtic Empire managed to trick us in an expensive and disastrous war with France while our Muslim brothers in Italy are threatened with destruction. We have already expanded our borders enough for the time being. Now is the time to convert the infidel lands and honor our guarantee of Palermo.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

I, Lutfi al-Uthman, remain with the Taifas! The French are nothing but squatters on proper Andalusian land!

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I will be offering my support to the League of Merchants, the Taifas have shown their incompetence in the defeat against the French.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
If the New Taifas are still in control after two more sultans, I am definitely hoping for a Merchant/Ulama coalition or coup to overthrow the nobles. We will not be able to colonize or convert any of our Christian provinces until the leadership changes, but we will always have opportunities to get into more Iberian and French wars.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

It is by the grace of Allah that we came out of that last war without having our gains reversed. Let us consolidate, and re-educate the heathens we have conquered so that rather than raising in pointless rebellion, they will eagerly take up the Koran and the Sword, to give their former countrymen their choice of one or the other. We must rule this peninsula, on that we are almost all agreed, but rulership is not merely conquest. That way lies hubris, and being cast down so that more worthy ones will step up. Let us instead prove ourselves worthy of the entire peninsula by demonstrating the superiority of Allah to those we have taken in. I still stand with the Ulama.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
What's the current tally, out of curiosity? I'm curious how close it actually is with the defections we've had.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Snipee posted:

If the New Taifas are still in control after two more sultans, I am definitely hoping for a Merchant/Ulama coalition or coup to overthrow the nobles. We will not be able to colonize or convert any of our Christian provinces until the leadership changes, but we will always have opportunities to get into more Iberian and French wars.

I for one will strategically defect if one faction stays in power too long. Hopefully it won't come to that and the OP will allow the two minority factions to form coalitions.

MuteAllison
Nov 16, 2013

Would we simply sit by as those in France and heathens raise great armies to array against us? Will encouraging greed of self-interested merchants really help this great land? I find it hard to believe: we simply need more and better men to fight!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

I remain with the Ulama. We must spend time recovering from our losses, training new Holy Warriors and, most importantly, converting the infidels into the true faith. A shifting sand can not be stood upon, and until we create bedrock out of these provinces by implementing the will of God, we shall never come to victory against the might of France and Italy.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

Merchandising

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I remain with the League of Merchants.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

I've decided that being poor sucks. I change my faction to the League of Merchants.

Prince Orcus
Mar 1, 2016

Al-Orcus feels that faith alone will not be enough to secure our future in the coming years. We will need coin, ships, and cunning. He sides with the League of Merchants

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I also remain with the Ulama, as only with His will will we succeed in any Earthly endeavour!

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

I remain with the New Taifas, however I urge more caution than we have shown previously. We'll be lead to ruin if we rush in without care.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

I will swap to the League of Merchants.

Our alliance with the celts has been fruitful in opening new markets for our most worthy of goods. We must seek more markets, more exotic and further abroad.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Siding with the Merchants this time. All the New Taifas got us was Aggressive Expansion and bitter humiliation.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Swapping to Merchants, as I heard there was some profit to be made West of Galacia

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

My father served the Ulama for 30 years, and spent his lifetime working on the development of the great city of Cádiz. But no man lives forever, and just as our Sultan died, so did my father. With his passing, i shall take his seat on the Majlis.

That said, prayer has never been my forte. It's clear to me that Al-Andalus' future will be built with the riches of trade. Therefore I, Frionnel ibn Frionnel al Frionnel, shall join the League of Merchants.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

I join the Merchants; Quarla al Ifrinjyy, recent convert to Islam: we must be pragmatic and strengthen the realm before the Taifas imperil us with their foolish adventures. The Castillians must be destroyed, but naked agression at all times will not serve us.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Grizzwold posted:

I will join the League of Merchants. We should not give the French any more cause than necessary to strike at us until we have built ourselves into an economic powerhouse.

Afraid of offending the French. Can we make this guy king of the merchants?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Technowolf posted:

I remain with the League of Merchants.

:same:

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

There will be no peace until al-Andalus stretches from Qadis to the Pyrenees.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014

I, of course, remain with League of Merchants. As before I seek champion in the coming years the search for a sea route to Mecca while we integrate our new territories and build our economy to better sustain the good works of the Ulama and New Taifas.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

I join the Merchants

Time to digest our gains while fortifying for the next conflict

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Flavius Belisarius posted:

Afraid of offending the French. Can we make this guy king of the merchants?

Looks like someone forgot what happened to the AI all those test runs ago...

Hashim posted:

So I ran the first observer game for the eu4 mod today...

Poor Al Andalus got wrecked. Hard. And it's only 1533.

We must not let Al Andalus fall to unneeded aggression.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

So this is how the Deconquista ends: stabbed in the back by our own traders!

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Better jihad than be Claude :colbert:

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
In your haste you tripped and fell on your own sword. Healing that wound is more critical to the future of Al Andalus than rushing off to repeat it. The Iberian peninsula will be ours when the time is right and not a moment sooner.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Rodyle posted:

So this is how the Deconquista ends: stabbed in the back by our own traders!

Yes because this clearly means the end of our expansion in Europe :rolleyes:. I understand your desire to throw the infidels from Iberia entirely, but I would rather not have us fighting all the christian powers at once. We need to consolidate our gains while searching for new sources of strength.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I don't even understand what is the purpose of absorbing more Iberian land if we are never going to convert the Christians. Only the Ulama can give our violence some purpose.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
The jizyah $$$

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Snipee posted:

I don't even understand what is the purpose of absorbing more Iberian land if we are never going to convert the Christians. Only the Ulama can give our violence some purpose.

Every Christian kingdom in Iberia is French dagger aimed at our heart! We can only achieve any measure of security with their destruction!

and think of the borders