Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

plainswalker75 posted:

Did anyone ever figure out what the Shepard gender choice did?

They talk about Shepard in one of the memories, that's probably it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

AwkwardKnob posted:

Hahahahaha

https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/10/15616726/bioware-montreal-restructuring-mass-effect-on-hold

God I was just wondering how badly ME: Andromeda really did after the dust cleared. Haven't been in here in ages ever since I took up the Witcher 3 and returned the Redbox of Andromeda. Best decision I ever made.

Glad there's actual repercussions for his stinky fart of a game being allowed out the way it was.

Not sorry to hear this news. They need a time out.

Hello Awkward Knob, welcome to the thread. If you read the last couple pages you should be all caught up on the discussion of this.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Man, imagine having "ruined critically acclaimed gaming franchise after 5 years of development" on your resume.

Imagine writing a story so bad that even people who think "Rogue One" had a 'good story' are making GBS threads on it.

What a god drat disaster.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ashpanash posted:

Man, imagine having "ruined critically acclaimed gaming franchise after 5 years of development" on your resume.

Imagine writing a story so bad that even people who think "Rogue One" had a 'good story' are making GBS threads on it.

Meh. Shipping any game period out weighs quality of the game for jobs.

This honestly seems more like a management issue than any person actually working on the game. Besides some of the writers. And voice direction

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done

ashpanash posted:

It's cool, he can go work on the next Halo game.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

AngryBooch posted:

I'm gonna go with the game journo with a pretty good track record over any CEO.

heh, fair enough.

Seeing that Poly article too makes it pretty clear which is truthful.

I'm just so disappointed that the franchise I like so much went the way of mediocre. I'll still finish it but goddamn this is the first ME game I haven't just eaten up and lost a full week-end to after it came out.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

AwkwardKnob posted:

It's cool, he can go work on the next Halo game.

They are going to work on the next battlefront game.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
What I want to know is why anyone expected anything but this after ME3 and the information we had on MEA pre-release?

This game was much funnier to hate play than I expected, I'll give it that.

The only thing I'm mad about is them loving up the multiplayer so badly, that should have been a slam dunk. I guess Bioware is just all around bad now.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
lmao

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

What I want to know is why anyone expected anything but this after ME3 and the information we had on MEA pre-release?

This game was much funnier to hate play than I expected, I'll give it that.

The only thing I'm mad about is them loving up the multiplayer so badly, that should have been a slam dunk. I guess Bioware is just all around bad now.

Inquisition was very good.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Nichael posted:

Inquisition was very good.

Inquisition was loving boring.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Of course EA is going to say they have great confidence in their struggling third-string studio that's been rebranded to share a name with a high quality brand they acquired. That's their entire business model. When the Bioware brand name is finally dead it'll be retired and EA will go on to acquire and divest another prestige brand.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBE-uBgtINg

Milkfred E. Moore fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 11, 2017

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's sad because I loved ME2 (favorite game last generation), but after Andromeda the series should probably just go away forever. Don't further tarnish our memories of it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Andromeda is a deeply flawed game that nevertheless has some good parts to it, Sarah Ryder being a big one. Science dork is infinitely more likeable and fun to play as than Commander Shepard.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
We can't ignore that it had some serious problems and failed to answer key questions, such as who the gently caress is Gil?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Pick posted:

We can't ignore that it had some serious problems and failed to answer key questions, such as who the gently caress is Gil?

And where the gently caress is Jasper?

Wait, hang on.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Milky Moor posted:

Wait, hang on.

gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

JawKnee posted:

also if you get viability to 100% early the game assumes you've already gotten Meridian and spoils it hahaha

Pick posted:

This happened to me.

Wait really? I did that, and did the bit where Ryder had a planet named after him/her (is that a spoiler? on second thought who cares), and I remember it had an oddly epilogue-y feel to it, but I don't remember anything being spoiled. For all I know tho that might've been cuz my eyes were kinda constantly glazed over by that point of the game and I was barely paying attention to things people were doing/saying. What was the spoiler?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It was fixed fairly early on IIRC. But if you got 100% before the final mission you would get that quest and it would mention Meridian.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Pick posted:

Gil likes to talk about not making babies, a little too much.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

:woop: :siren: NEW UPDATE IS OUT :siren: :woop:

for the Apex HQ iphone app

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Pick posted:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Wait really? I did that, and did the bit where Ryder had a planet named after him/her (is that a spoiler? on second thought who cares), and I remember it had an oddly epilogue-y feel to it, but I don't remember anything being spoiled. For all I know tho that might've been cuz my eyes were kinda constantly glazed over by that point of the game and I was barely paying attention to things people were doing/saying. What was the spoiler?

when they put all the outposts on the line calling you to cheer you on, you stud you, they also put meridian on - whether you've found it yet or not

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

JawKnee posted:

when they put all the outposts on the line calling you to cheer you on, you stud you, they also put meridian on - whether you've found it yet or not

Ohhhh, that went right over my head. Yeah that had to have been me just barely paying attention to the game by that point, haha

Oh, Andromeda.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Arglebargle III posted:

Of course EA is going to say they have great confidence in their struggling third-string studio that's been rebranded to share a name with a high quality brand they acquired. That's their entire business model. When the Bioware brand name is finally dead it'll be retired and EA will go on to acquire and divest another prestige brand.

Yeah I don't know what I was thinking, tbh,

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Pick posted:

I concur.

Milky Moor posted:

Wait, hang on.
Who's Jasper?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

RatHat posted:

They talk about Shepard in one of the memories, that's probably it.

just lol if you don't think Shepard is gonna show up in the DLC having hitched a ride on the Quarian Ark because they discovered Reaper Signals in Andromeda

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

precision posted:

just lol if you don't think Shepard is gonna show up in the DLC having hitched a ride on the Quarian Ark because they discovered Reaper Signals in Andromeda

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite franchise on the Citadel!

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Shepard: *seeing the Nexus* wait, we could've just built another Citadel? Why the hell did we stay in that Reaper Trap?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

The Unnamed One posted:

Shepard: *seeing the Nexus* wait, we could've just built another Citadel? Why the hell did we stay in that Reaper Trap?

The council and everyone living on the Citadel were indoctrinated to stay there.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
So after the latest patch, all of a sudden keyboard movement doesn't work, no matter what keys I assign. Everything else works just fine but not that. I'm certainly not going to relearn to play this on a controller on the last mission so does anyone know or have any idea how to fix it?

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

fast cars loose anus posted:

So after the latest patch, all of a sudden keyboard movement doesn't work, no matter what keys I assign. Everything else works just fine but not that. I'm certainly not going to relearn to play this on a controller on the last mission so does anyone know or have any idea how to fix it?

Have you tried resetting your keyboard settings to default? Aside from that I'd be googling if there is a local config file for keybinds you can delete.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

doctor 7 posted:

Have you tried resetting your keyboard settings to default? Aside from that I'd be googling if there is a local config file for keybinds you can delete.

Yeah, that was the first thing I tried. Oh well I guess Ill have to find that config file.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Don't think it was mentioned, ME:A is on sale for $40 on Origin.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Looks like you have to start a new game to get those extra AVP cryo pods.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Looks like you have to start a new game to get those extra AVP cryo pods.

They can't not gently caress up

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Owned Again by Mac Walters, a Bitch Gamer's Tale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I've so far tried repairing the game, removing profile info from the save folder, remapping movement to any number of other keys. None of it has worked. I'm experiencing the following effects:

1) on foot, movement (forward back left right) doesn't work at all no matter what key is mapped to them. Every single other function from jumping to accessing the menu to interacting to shooting works as normal
2) In the nomad, forward and back work but not left or right steering. Everything else works fine.

I can move all I want with the controller, next step I guess is to take it out and see if that works but my hopes aren't high because it's clearly reading keyboard input.

Needless to say this is deeply infuriating.