Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

VJeff posted:

Hey Citizen Tayne, I just wanna make sure real quick -- you're aware that you're not actually on the Penguins, right?

I'll have you know he touched the cup in crumpled khakis, so that's basically the same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Revol posted:

Caps would've beaten the Senators easily too.

Which, if you're a Caps fan, just has to hurt even more; you guys would've had a free ride to the Finals.

Yeah, the Rangers would've beaten the Senators too.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
I mean... I never in a billion years would have guessed a MAF game 7 shutout... but I'll take it!

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

the pens are cool and good, and I love them all even Ian Cole

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Revol posted:

Caps would've beaten the Senators easily too.

Which, if you're a Caps fan, just has to hurt even more; you guys would've had a free ride to the Finals.

Eh I'm not gonna write off the Sens so easily. They've got arguably the best player in hockey. It's not gonna be easy.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Let's go Nashville I guess

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
MAF owns, has always owned

haters --> vacate

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Krime posted:

I mean... I never in a billion years would have guessed a MAF game 7 shutout... but I'll take it!

Someone made a lot of money if they bet on that.

I wonder what the betting lines were this game in general. Had to be hugely in favor of the Caps.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

bump_fn posted:

quote this post if u would suck MAFs dick rn

https://twitter.com/Benstonium/status/862489990026203138

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
The Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins. Canada will pay for their crimes against Philbert Kessel

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

ThinkTank posted:

Except not the same at all given that the Steelers have a bunch of super bowls

The Penguins have a bunch of Stanley Cups too. Nice.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins. Canada will pay for their crimes against Philbert Kessel

The Leafs literally paid Hotdog Phil to win a cup for us last year.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Please don't lump Maple Leafs Fandom with the rest of Canada thank you very much I like Phil the Thrill

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Citizen Tayne posted:

Hmm. It appears that the Pittsburgh Penguins may win the Stanley Cup again.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

VJeff posted:

Hey Citizen Tayne, I just wanna make sure real quick -- you're aware that you're not actually on the Penguins, right?
don t u dare loving doxx phil kessel

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

VJeff posted:

Salt.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

VJeff posted:

If you were a Penguins fan you'd be twice as obnoxious as I'm being.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

bump_fn posted:

don t u dare loving doxx phil kessel

I thought Paulocaust was Phil Kessel.

Citizen Tayne posted:

Gonna take that as a no.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Citizen Tayne posted:

Not even close to true

You're Mook light.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

VJeff posted:

Gonna take that as a no.
Ovie is a selfish player who only cares about scoring opportunities for himself and this is why the Capitals can't advance past the second round.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

RC Cola posted:

Not even close to true

You're Mook light.

Nice Cubs av. *rolls bandwagon through*

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

This is the best. Was this tonight?

Citizen Tayne posted:

The Leafs literally paid Hotdog Phil to win a cup for us last year.

:negative:

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Citizen Tayne posted:

Hmm. It appears that the Pittsburgh Penguins may win the Stanley Cup again.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Kalenn Istarion posted:

This is the best. Was this tonight?
Yep.

Almost feels like the Pens threw game six to gently caress with the Caps.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
The Nashville Predators are going to win the Stanley Cup.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Duckman2008 posted:

The Nashville Predators are going to win the Stanley Cup.

You son of a bitch

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Citizen Tayne posted:

Yep.

Almost feels like the Pens threw game six to gently caress with the Caps.

Like a cat playing with a mouse.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
The Pens are accumulating more and more of the best gifs in the NHL.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Citizen Tayne posted:

You son of a bitch

It's true.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Honestly the only thing that would piss me off about Ottawa winning the cup would be having Chris Neil's name on it.
MacArthur and Phaneuf both got poo poo on by a lovely Toronto front office/coach and a lovely Toronto media, respectively, and it would be nice for them to see the same kind of redemption that Kessel got (albeit in much lesser roles). It seems like most Canadian hockey fans that live in different cities from their teams (or at least the one's I've met to date) cheer for Toronto, Montreal, or Vancouver so I'm really not worried about meeting insufferable Ottawa fans.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Call Your Grandma posted:

Honestly the only thing that would piss me off about Ottawa winning the cup would be having Chris Neil's name on it.
MacArthur and Phaneuf both got poo poo on by a lovely Toronto front office/coach and a lovely Toronto media, respectively, and it would be nice for them to see the same kind of redemption that Kessel got (albeit in much lesser roles). It seems like most Canadian hockey fans that live in different cities from their teams (or at least the one's I've met to date) cheer for Toronto, Montreal, or Vancouver so I'm really not worried about meeting insufferable Ottawa fans.

No Canadian team will win the cup in my lifetime.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Sorry predators, I'm rooting for you. The coup de grace of any sports playoff team. Couple that with SAS' love of PK, and I dare say that the Pittsburg penguins are gonna win the Stanley cup.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Eugene Melnyk

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

I don't disagree about Chris Neil but I wouldn't say Mac has less of a role. He's been one of the most effective players on the team so far.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Well if the Pens don't lose their minds and try to keep Maf I don't see how they have any trouble getting rid of him now. As long as they don't ask for the moon someone is gonna want him after these playoffs. What a difference after the poo poo regular season he had.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Wonderllama posted:

I dare say that the Nashville Predators are gonna win the Stanley cup.

Fixed that for you.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Citizen Tayne posted:

No Canadian team will win the cup in my lifetime.

I mean, hopefully.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
If Eugene Melnyk asks the public for help again, I am willing to donate my foot for EK to help stop the penguins.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Phaneuf is garbage tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
West coast best coast.

• Locked thread