Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

One man's rage seizure is another man's autistic fit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Doc Hawkins posted:

Impressive for something that doesn't exist.

Now you see why it can drive a person to the brink of madness.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Jason Sextro posted:

Maybe report him to an ethics board or something? What do you do about therapists who cross boundaries, anything?

Professional psychotherapy never involves sex. Yes, you can absolutely report them to the licensing board of the state where this happened.

If as a therapist, a client tells me that another therapist of theirs had sex with them, I literally have legal obligations to that client before they leave my office that day - which include giving them a pamphlet that explains the ethics violation, how to report it, etc.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

WrenP-Complete posted:

Professional psychotherapy never involves sex.

Maybe you've heard of a man called skullmund freud

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Blue Train posted:

Maybe you've heard of a man called skullmund freud

I think the history of the field being so mired in sexual abuse is exactly why we need strict rules and boundaries about it now.

In any case, "professional psychotherapy never involves sex" is the name of the pamphlet I'm required to give people if they report this to me. One of those things where the title sort of sums it up.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
wait so if i can't bang my therapist why am i paying her €100 an hour

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

maskenfreiheit posted:

wait so if i can't bang my therapist why am i paying her €100 an hour

One of those things where a single line post sums it up

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
My [18 M] girlfriend [20 F] of 6 months found out how much I make in a month. Now she expects me to spoil her regularly.

quote:

Okay Reddit, lately, I've been making pretty solid money at my job, and business has been booming in the area I oversee. I work my rear end off, (9-5 laboring in the scalding western sun). My girlfriend is unemployed, but hasn't looked for a job since before we were even dating. I've addressed that issue with her many times, but she always shoots me down and plays the victim.

Now, I do mobile banking with a relatively small bank in my city, all my expenses and gains are listed in the app, so it's all I use. The thing is, when you open the app, it requires you to enter your password before you can do anything.

Cut to last week. I had just got to my apartment on payday after work, she came over and we were talking about our days, when I decided to check my bank account. She must've been looking over my shoulder and saw my password before I got into the shower, opened my phone without me giving her permission, and looked at my expenses. When I got out of the shower, she was furious.

She went on a rant about how I never treat her or care for her (both exaggerations considering I take her out every week and buy her gifts regularly), and how I need to "clean up my act" if we are to stay together, because I "make too much to not treat her like a goddamn queen". She has never acted like this towards me, so I got very upset. We argued for a while, and after a few hours she stormed out of my apartment.

I'm on my last leg here. My mind is telling me to leave, but she's genuinely nice and caring, something I've never really had in a relationship before. Help me, Reddit.

tl;dr: GF saw how much I make in a month, yelled at me for not spoiling her, and stormed out.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
women are terrible

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

She sounds nice and caring.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Faffel posted:

She sounds nice and caring.

Genuinely, even. Buy her a scepter to ram up her rear end.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Whoa. This isn't one of your camshows here, buddy.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I normally hate calling fake, but this update seems a little too perfect.

UPDATE: My [18 M] girlfriend [20 F] of 6 months found out how much I make in a month. Now she expects me to spoil her regularly.

quote:

Before I start this, Just let me say how thankful I am to everyone that commented. I read everything when I had time, and the advice really helped me with my decisions that followed.

Last night, I did a lot of thinking, played a lot of Overwatch, and read a lot of comments. One thing that stood out to me most, was to change my passwords, so I did immediately. After that, around 9pm, I packed up everything she's left at my place, (Enough to fill a medium box) and everything she's ever given me. (One plushie elephant).

I wasn't bitter or anything, I just knew that enough was enough and she isn't who she was when we first started hanging out. I drove to her house and we talked before I gave her the box.

She was very insistent that how she was acting is acceptable, and that "things were going to change between us" if we were to stay together. I said I'd rather not, went to my car and brought her the box. I told her she could keep everything I've given her, and I left.

Later last night, my phone exploded with texts from all of her friends. They called me names, said I wasn't a man, and just generally harassed me. I didn't respond to any of the texts, and instead just went to bed early.

Work today was a breeze, all my coworkers were very nice and helpful, a girl I've had a little crush on even took me to lunch. (Tacos, hell yeah.) Overall, today was pretty solid.
She's been calling and texting still, mainly just berating me, (You're not man enough for me anyway, I never really loved you), and honestly I'm glad she did that, because it made getting over her a much easier process.

When I got home just a little while ago, she was at my apartment. She was crying and asking me to take her back, saying she was so sorry for the things she said and it would never happen again. Now, normally, I'm kind of a push-over. (I was probably hugged too much as a kid, shout-out to my parents) But in this instance, I stood up for myself and told her what she did was wrong and immoral, and that she should just leave.

She went into anger mode again and started screaming at me. I told her to get the gently caress off my porch before I call the complex's security, and she left pretty quickly after that.
The only real problem I have with any of this, is how little I care about it. Instead, I feel very relieved that she's gone and I don't have to deal with her anymore. I guess my family felt the same, because when I told them, the collective response was, "Oh thank god."

The kicker for me in all this is a pretty hopeful one. Me and the aforementioned girl from work have had each other's numbers for quite a while now, and we only used them for work reasons. When I went inside my apartment after telling my ex off, I saw that I got a text from her. The full message said, "Hey! I know this might be a little forward, but do you want to hang out this weekend?" I responded with a resounding hell yes, and we made a plan of it. She wants to take me out for dinner, and then go back to her house and make ou-I mean, watch Animaniacs on Netflix.

Reddit, I'm being taken on a motherfuckin' date. This has never happened to me before and advice on that situation would be much appreciated. (Do I put out?)
tl;dr: Changed my passwords, stood up for myself, dumped her rear end and got a date. Feeling pretty great about my situation.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Haifisch posted:

UPDATE: My [18 M] girlfriend [20 F] of 6 months found out how much I make in a month. Now she expects me to spoil her regularly.

You hosed up friend look like 5 posts up

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Who benefits from these fake stories

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Faffel posted:

r/redpill posts some of them, they talk about it. Like guerrilla marketing for hating women.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
I[24M] caught my sister[26F] trying to steal a watch of mine, and now my mother[51F] wants me to apologize to her.

quote:

So last night I had some people over to to celebrate moving into my new place. I had some family and friends, including my sister and my mother. When I was growing up with my sister, she would often steal from myself and other family members. Money from my mom's purse or dad's wallet. She'd sneak into my room and take things. Steal money from our grandparents, etc. We aren't very close because of this, and I always try to keep an eye on here when she's around. Despite this, I decided to invite my sister over because she doesn't live to far away, and I know my mom would have been upset if I didn't. I put all of my watches and valuables in my safe, but I left out the watch I had planned on wearing that night(but ended up not wearing it and leaving it on my dresser)

At one point during the party my sister asked me where the bathroom was and I pointed down the hallway and told her the bathroom was on the left. A couple minutes later I went to go grab something from my room and saw her come out of my room as I was walking down the hall. She gave me this startled dear in the headlights look and said she was looking for the bathroom and walked away really quickly. I immediately got worried and went to do a quick look around my room. I immediately noticed the watch missing from on top of my dresser. This isn't some cheap $20 watch, I paid over 30k for it earlier this year. I left my room and went straight to my sister to confront her. I pulled her off to the side so it wouldn't cause a scene, and told her that I knew she took my watch and if she gave it back right then I wouldn't call the cops. She got extremely defensive and started yelling about how she didn't take poo poo from me, and how I'm an rear end in a top hat etc. At this point, a lot of people were staring and listening us. She told me she was leaving and started heading toward the door. I knew if she left I might never see my watch again, so I grabbed her purse from her and dumped everything on the ground. Sure enough, there is my watch right there on the ground with the rest of the stuff from her purse. My sister screamed at me and called me a loving rear end in a top hat and scooped up most of her stuff and ran out of my place. My mom followed her out and ended up not returning to the party.

So after an awkward rest of the party, I got a call from my mom. She was mad at ME! I got some long lecture about how I "didn't need to humiliate my sister in front of everyone at the party", how she couldn't help herself, and that my sister is crying and upset now because of the "scene I caused" She also got mad at me for going through my sister's purse and told me that I should never look in a ladies purse and that it was a complete invasion of privacy. First of all, I tried to pull my sister off to the side. She was the one who started yelling at me and causing a scene that made everyone look over at her. I also wouldn't have had to go through her purse if she didn't STEAL FROM ME and deny it and try to leave. I'm not just going to risk losing a 30k watch because I "shouldn't look through a ladies purse" So now my mom wants me to not only apologize to my sister, but to tell all the guests that were there that it was a big misunderstanding and my sister didn't take anything.

I'm really not sure what I should do about my mom. There is no way I'm going to apologize to my sister. She should be the one apologizing to me. And I'm certainly not going to lie to my how guests to get my sister out of the awkward mess she created for herself.

I also don't know what to do about my sister. At this point I'm pretty much just done with her. I think she should be the one apologizing, but I doubt she will ever do that. Thanks in advance for any advice!

tl;dr: Had family and friends over for housewarming party. Caught my sister trying to steal a 30k watch from me. Everyone at the party saw me confront my sister and find the watch that she took in her purse. Mom wants me to apologize to my sister for embarrassing her and wants me to lie and tell the party guests that it was a misunderstanding and that my sister didn't actually steal from me.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Faffel posted:

I masturbate to every story posted. It's a hard life, but it's what I chose

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
all women are terrible

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Blue Train posted:

I masturbate to every story posted. It's a hard life, but it's what I chose

stop posting things before i can post them

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Haifisch posted:

lmaaaoooo "oh yeah I was totally hugged as a child!! :qq:"

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

maskenfreiheit posted:

I[24M] caught my sister[26F] trying to steal a watch of mine, and now my mother[51F] wants me to apologize to her.

I assume she's a junkie but I simply can't sympathise with someone who owns a 30k watch so it's his fault

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I was hugged as a child ~ humblebrag*

*-not even true-

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

No 24 year old can buy a 30k watch on merit and hardwork.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Universe Master posted:

No 24 year old can buy a 30k watch on merit and hardwork.

maybe a watchmaker

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Why would a watch maker buy a watch jfc pick

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
newly minted lawyer maybe

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
autistic valley billionaire

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
maybe he sells his rear end

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

maskenfreiheit posted:

autistic valley billionaire

autistic valley is a salad dressing for pop tarts made entirely of repackaged Karo

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Look, just buy your junkie sister some drugs, you can afford it and she'll be dead soon anyway.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

autistic valley is a salad dressing for pop tarts made entirely of repackaged Karo

Death to America

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Blue Train posted:

I assume she's a junkie but I simply can't sympathise with someone who owns a 30k watch so it's his fault

I am actively hostile towards anyone with a 30k watch. I feel sorry that the sister didn't get away with it.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
i have one of those cheap casios, i used to wear it to fancy parties as a subtle protest of american decadence

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 11, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

I am actively hostile towards anyone with a 30k watch. I feel sorry that the sister didn't get away with it.

Yea :agreed:

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
a lot of misandry in this topic :mad:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Doc Hawkins posted:

Impressive for something that doesn't exist.

Typo, clearly they meant Aladdin for SNES.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
He'd also accuse me of being a tramp, like in any case where I was talking about something that involved a man he would imply that I probably hosed him and I would always have to laughingly but seriously affirm I did not gently caress the guy in the story, even if he was just like a mailman or whatever. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The mailman always gets hosed it's half of the perks of the job