Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Hahaha I've actually posted in the DS3 thread looking for people to help me farm the covenant items.

I managed to get the human dregs easy enough but the drop rates for the Vertebrae shackles are ridiculous.

Yeah, invade in Catacombs of Carthus for shackles since it's the smallest area to locate fools in. This one is a total nightmare.

Farm swordgrass outside Abyss Watchers, and through Farron covenant. Make sure your discovery is 325+

Proof of Concord ears can be got through either Blue Sentinels or Darkmoon summons. I was too high a level to be summoned as a blue so relied more on Darkmoon, but eventually I found out that it's all about the time of day. West Coast PST summoning at night is impossible, you gotta wait for summons at like 12 noon. I eventually found a crew that was fighting endless invaders and racked up 4-5 ears per summon. Do this sooner rather than later; you don't want to be stuck farming Silver Knights in Anor Londo.

For Sun bros drop your sign outside Champion Gundyr.

Good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Just as a heads, up if someone hasn't done so already, Free LocoRoco Dynamic theme.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CDYB8F6?tag=en-us-lifestyle-convert-20

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

exquisite tea posted:

Horizon was the fastest selling new IP for a PS4 game ever and is mega popular.

But is it the fastest selling new IP for a PS4 game ever released inbetween 4 am and 7 am on a Monday in March 2017 that features robot chicken?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Are Nier or Horizon getting big DLC expansions / GOTY editions? Definitely want to play them at some point but I don't mind waiting.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

After dying in melee a couple times because you're locked into a long-rear end cutscene where you can just get shot to near-death, The Order crashed. The shotgunners who down you in one shot and a punch on normal are terrible too. And half the enemies in the game. And the AI has literally never picked me up.

I want my four dollars back this is the worst kind of cover shooter. It's not really hard if you don't do anything fun, but trying to do that instead kills you outside the "here's the flame gun thing" sections and the like.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 10, 2017

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Are Nier or Horizon getting big DLC expansions / GOTY editions? Definitely want to play them at some point but I don't mind waiting.
Nier just got some DLC but it's done now, very unlikely there'll be more... And it wasn't really big.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Say I have a bad memory, and I'll only be able to play a game maybe an hour per night. Would Stardew Valley leave me lost with objectives and all the various people in town?

We have three small children and at the end of the night I just want something relaxing but engaging to play.

I watched a playthrough a long time ago and there seemed to be so many things to keep track of that I don't know if I'll like it.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

me your dad posted:

Say I have a bad memory, and I'll only be able to play a game maybe an hour per night. Would Stardew Valley leave me lost with objectives and all the various people in town?

We have three small children and at the end of the night I just want something relaxing but engaging to play.

I watched a playthrough a long time ago and there seemed to be so many things to keep track of that I don't know if I'll like it.
Nah, there's no objectives besides grow your farm. It's very casual.

Really the only thing if you want to sperg out is remembering what each NPC likes/dislikes for gifts, or maybe having to look at the Town Calendar for upcoming birthdays, but it's not a big deal. Or use a Wiki, but that's some pretty "late"-game sperg stuff that isn't necessary.

That said, it's both a perfect game yet also not an easy game to play for "just an hour maybe" because you will keep wanting to play "ONE MORE DAY damnit i just ned to do one more thing!" and that turns into another and another and before you know it it's loving 4am irl and asldajsdfsd

Xaris fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 10, 2017

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Kwilty posted:

Just as a heads, up if someone hasn't done so already, Free LocoRoco Dynamic theme.

where

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Kwilty posted:

That would appear to be a keyboard.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Guerrilla Managing Director Hermen Hulst posted:

This is only the beginning of Aloy’s story and our exploration of the world of Horizon Zero Dawn, with the team already hard at work on an expansion to the story.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

me your dad posted:

There is no way to lose stardew valley and there is no meaningful time limit on the game so you don't need to worry about that.

What you will need to worry about is keeping that "maybe an hour every night" from becoming 5 hours.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'd say chances that Horizon gets a decent expansion aren't bad but no one knows. Neir seems really unlikely, they just put out a $15 dlc that is basically an excuse to look at the main characters butt more. Game seems very much done by the end though and they haven't announced any plans.

Of all the games where a bunch of DLC is a sure thing, neither of these is one of them. I'd just get them whenever if you wan to play them. Neir at least has already had 30% off sale and Horizon is a SP only game so I'm sure used copies will be available for cheap everywhere soon.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Thanks for the Stardew Valley replies. I just bought it.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Fix posted:

That would appear to be a keyboard.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/05/09/locoroco-creators-on-the-game-that-made-the-world-smile/

Should be on that page.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

I'd say chances that Horizon gets a decent expansion aren't bad but no one knows. Neir seems really unlikely, they just put out a $15 dlc that is basically an excuse to look at the main characters butt more. Game seems very much done by the end though and they haven't announced any plans.

Of all the games where a bunch of DLC is a sure thing, neither of these is one of them. I'd just get them whenever if you wan to play them. Neir at least has already had 30% off sale and Horizon is a SP only game so I'm sure used copies will be available for cheap everywhere soon.

They announced that an expansion is in development for hzd like 3 weeks after launch

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Thanks for this

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think yoko taro said that there were no plans for any big dlc for nier, but the game did exceed anyone's expectations for it in sales so maybe square will greenlight an expansion. it'd be nice if it happened (they really really need to expand on a2 and an expansion would be a good way to do it), but don't count on it

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

I'm immensely satisfied with how NieR Automata finished out and I don't want any expansion/story DLC. The $15 battle arena thing was perfectly fine and I've enjoyed it, but I feel any kind of story DLC would kind of ruin the experience. SInce the game did so well, what I'd really like to see is a remaster of the original NieR with a Platinum combat system; Yoko Taro didn't exactly insinuate that he would be doing this, but he also didn't outright say it was off the table.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

They announced that an expansion is in development for hzd like 3 weeks after launch

Yeah but who knows what that entails. The interview I read seemed like they were just kind of plotting it out after how successful it was.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
does playing as a DD member on side missions or story missions do anything in MGSV? Idk if I'm making things easier or harder but it's fun to be Cannibal Hippo or Goblin Whale sometimes

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

verbal enema posted:

does playing as a DD member on side missions or story missions do anything in MGSV? Idk if I'm making things easier or harder but it's fun to be Cannibal Hippo or Goblin Whale sometimes

Some of them have special abilities and some actually have better stats than Venom Boss does. It's relatively minor though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the stats of the person you're playing as do matter in missions I think? they did in peace walker at least

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the troops with gathering specials gather a SHITLOAD more, which is worth it if you know there's a rare flower or something kicking about

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Polybius is loving bonkers.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I never played it on PC nor have I played Overwatch but man is Paladins lots of fun. Bought the founders pack last night and a new character came out today too, if anyone else is hooked like me add EffEmmEll. Currently working to acct lvl 15 for that PVE mode.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Jesus loving Christ the second tournament's 4th match in NBA Playgrounds is some cheating rear end bullshit.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Is there anything special about the Definitive Edition of MGS V? I'm looking at the EU sale and already have Ground Zeroes, so I don't care about that addition, and although the difference in prices isn't much I can't seem much enticing in the add-ons listed to justify it. Am I correct in thinking that it's just Phantom Pain+Ground Zeroes and the DLC? If so, how's the DLC?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I don't think there was any DLC 🤔 it's probably just Funbux that you don't need. If you already have Ground Zeroes then just get the basic version.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Its all multiplayer junk

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I thought there was some mention of the DLC in the game's description, if there's none, than that's for the better, I don't really care about the multiplayer. Basic version it is for me, thanks!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there is dlc but, as was said, it's purely multiplayer stuff

if you want a crocodile hat in mp, that's what the dlc is for

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Manatee Cannon posted:

there is dlc but, as was said, it's purely multiplayer stuff

if you want a crocodile hat in mp, that's what the dlc is for

Don't forget the insurance so your single-player cargo isn't stolen too!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Really you should just give Konami the least amount of money possible

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Oh wow. I forgot Konami charged for insurance.

"Sure would a shame if you lost all your resources. However for a small fee, we can guarantee it doesn't get stolen"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the funny part about it is, you can play without connecting to their servers and ignore the threat completely for free

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Don't forget the insurance so your single-player cargo isn't stolen too!

that's mp too. you lose stuff through your fob being invaded by other players

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I don't think there was any DLC 🤔 it's probably just Funbux that you don't need. If you already have Ground Zeroes then just get the basic version.
There was a lot of free MP stuff. The definitive version really exists to

A) Provide the complete MGSV on one disc
B) Provide a new disc with all the gigs of extra content already included to save bandwidth caps (and save someone having to pay to serve all of it up)
C) Sell the same game/content again a year later and look like you're putting out a new product

C may have been the most important factor

Manatee Cannon posted:

the funny part about it is, you can play without connecting to their servers and ignore the threat completely for free

that's mp too. you lose stuff through your fob being invaded by other players
Your GMP/resources are severely capped if offline, though. At launch it didn't matter but they really ramped that up.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Detective No. 27 posted:

This has seriously been the best year for gaming in many years and it isn't even half over yet.
It's actually the worst OP, I don't have time to play all these games. :(

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
The girlfriend was staying at her mums last night so i flopped on the couch and played Horizon from 17:45 till 12:30 only stopping to rapidly devour a chinese take away, it was like being 18 again, ah bliss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

glam rock hamhock posted:

I haven't played Mother Russia Bleeds that much but it is very basic and very hard beat em up. It's fun but your move set is very basic and doesn't really have any RPG elements that more modern takes on the genre have so it seems the basic moveset you start with is what you have. As I said, I haven't played it much yet because the person I play beat em ups with had been having hand problems, so maybe that changes but from what I've seen it's fun but will probably be a little too repetitive for most because it doesn't contain a lot of the things the genre does to mix things up.

I like all of this. Another good reason to get it is, I don't think it's going to be a PS+ game because of the violence.