Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

So is like 98% of software in Australia pirated or do you just fly to Japan whenever you need to buy a game?

The first one, Australia has one of the highest rates of online piracy in the world. It seems getting ripped off in price so consistently removes the guilt of piracy for some reason...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Infinitum posted:

The Merry Old Land of Oz strikes once more

Rime digital price will remain the same as the physical release price

Physical Release Prices
- $40 USD ($55 AUD)
- $80 AUD ($60 USD)

Digital Release Prices
- $30 USD ($40 AUD)
- $80 AUD ($60 USD)

100% price increase on the Aussie Tax :siren:
Get fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeedddddddd

LOL and Australians always talk poo poo about other countries.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Infinitum posted:

http://bbs.ruliweb.com/nin/board/300051/read/30571327

Dear Nintendo

Release a special edition like this and I will buy it instantly
Alternatively, release Joycons in the SNES theme

Regards,
Everyone

God loving drat do I want this so bad.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Weird Sandwich posted:

The first one, Australia has one of the highest rates of online piracy in the world. It seems getting ripped off in price so consistently removes the guilt of piracy for some reason...

And now they're going to try and gently caress us with a mandatory 10% surcharge on all overseas online purchases that can't actually be properly enforced. loving genius, that one.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

dentist toy box posted:

LOL and Australians always talk poo poo about other countries.

Yeah this free healthcare sure does suck :sun:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

VideoGames posted:

I'm excited for E3 because it's cool to know what new Games are coming soon.

However, the Nintendo World Championships 2015 will be the best E3 forever because that took me back to being a kid and seeing the Wizard.

I'm excited for E3 because its hilarious to watch most game companies make complete asshats of themselves on stage

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm excited for E3 because its hilarious to watch most game companies make complete asshats of themselves on stage

My favourite's still the random laser tag out of nowhere at the Ubisoft presentation one year.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

I hope Aisha Tyler comes back to CREAT SUM ME-MES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kDpmKkycf0

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Infinitum posted:

that was hard to watch

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

alf_pogs posted:

that was hard to watch

Aisha Tyler: Easy on the eyes, hard to watch.

I love her though. She can just churn out cringe from now until doomsday and I'll still love her.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Infinitum posted:

Yeah this free healthcare sure does suck :sun:

you made me loving cry you dick! dont you know depression is a pre-existing condition!? my insurance rates will shoot up now! There goes all the switch games i wanted to buy

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Dizz posted:

you made me loving cry you dick! dont you know depression is a pre-existing condition!? my insurance rates will shoot up now! There goes all the switch games i wanted to buy

Can't afford switch games because of my depression insurance, but I'm depressed because I don't have the latest switch games.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Infinitum posted:

ugh its just soooooooo bad

MEMES ARE COOL RIGHT?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Infinitum posted:

Get fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeedddddddd

Does this matter with a region free console? Why just make a US account and pay the price here? Anyway, hahahahah.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

s.i.r.e. posted:

Does this matter with a region free console? Why just make a US account and pay the price here? Anyway, hahahahah.

Because Joe Consumer shouldn't have to pay that price.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
didn't you see the graphs joe consumer doesn't even know this console exists

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
What is it with Australia and their hilarious VAT on games? Is it because the government frowns upon people who would rather play violent video games than participating in barbies with fellow Bruces or what.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Rexroom posted:

What is it with Australia and their hilarious VAT on games? Is it because the government frowns upon people who would rather play violent video games than participating in barbies with fellow Bruces or what.

yer gonna get shitfaced down at yer local arsehole this fridy and yer gonna love it

Nov 24, 2014

Rexroom posted:

Australia Tax isn't a real tax dummy, it's just that companies charge way more because reasons...

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
The Switch is bad... because I lent it to my brother while I finish my college Presentation and now he says he's keeping it since BOTW has him hooked!

They did propose buying one for me in return, but I would then end up getting the grey one since they have the neon one.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

226 posted:

Australia Tax isn't a real tax dummy, it's just that companies charge way more because reasons...

The reason is 'Because Australia'

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

PowerBeard posted:

The Switch is bad... because I lent it to my brother while I finish my college Presentation and now he says he's keeping it since BOTW has him hooked!

They did propose buying one for me in return, but I would then end up getting the grey one since they have the neon one.

lol your brother alpha'd you hard god drat. take your switch back

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Rexroom posted:

That's the fun part; there is no VAT, it's just the companies making GBS threads on us because, um

they can? or they could, since we can now easily go around them on the switch store :shrug:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

strap on revenge posted:

lol your brother alpha'd you hard god drat. take your switch back

He's older and plays LoL a lot. I think I'm doing him a favour by letting him have that. But there's no way he's keeping MK8DX, that's getting played to death.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

iajanus posted:

That's the fun part; there is no VAT, it's just the companies making GBS threads on us because, um

they can? or they could, since we can now easily go around them on the switch store :shrug:

I think we have a higher average income or something so they try to bilk us for all they can or something? Pretty sure it's something stupid reason like that.

Don't forget they all collectively pout and scratch their heads in official discussions over trying to figure out why Australians all buy poo poo online instead of at retail whenever possible.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think we have a higher average income or something so they try to bilk us for all they can or something? Pretty sure it's something stupid reason like that.

Don't forget they all collectively pout and scratch their heads in official discussions over trying to figure out why Australians all buy poo poo online instead of at retail whenever possible.

Yeah, a quick google puts our average at somewhere around 50% higher. The fun part is now that the internet exists it's very hard to hide the fact that the US/UK/Aus versions have massive price disparities, since there's literally no difference in the software in 99% of cases and it's trivial to look up.

It never ceases to amaze and amuse the complete lack of grasp on reality they have with understanding why people work so hard to get around their stupidity.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Aisha Tyler: Easy on the eyes, hard to watch.

I love her though. She can just churn out cringe from now until doomsday and I'll still love her.
ok...

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Don't make this weird.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Just finished 3-starring Puyo Puyo Tetris adventure mode for a total of 130%. Surprisingly, I didn't have as much trouble with the bonus worlds as I did with the (otherwise) last world. In fact, the last level took the most tries out of the last set of worlds just because my opponent wouldn't stop dying before I could get the point requirement.

Given what people were saying in the thread, I expected to have a lot more trouble.

gently caress Fusion mode, though.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/ojisama25/status/862307349372981249

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey! You guys! You wanted MONSTER HUNTER on Switch right!?

Well gently caress you! Here's the One Piece hunting action game instead! For whatever reason Bamco is porting it to PS4/Switch!

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Ew, is the Minecraft release seriously not until like 6pm

ewww

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Is Oceanhorn gonna be a good fit for Switch? It looks kinda Zelda-esque but the mobile lead platform is offputting.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Mid-air sniping would be baller.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Mid-air sniping would be baller.

It'd also make you a pretty big target, so it may be balanced if you tried to abuse such a thing.

poo poo, now I want to go all devil may cry with the twin splatguns and propel yourself around by shooting :allears:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Phantasium posted:

the true versatility of the switch is that it can *click* switch between a good and bad console at all times, truly making it four consoles in one
Schrödinger's Console, exists as both good and bad until you open the box.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

PowerBeard posted:

He's older and plays LoL a lot. I think I'm doing him a favour by letting him have that. But there's no way he's keeping MK8DX, that's getting played to death.

He's going to want to wrestle you

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Infinitum posted:

http://bbs.ruliweb.com/nin/board/300051/read/30571327

Dear Nintendo

Release a special edition like this and I will buy it instantly
Alternatively, release Joycons in the SNES theme

Regards,
Everyone

my god, a thing of pure beauty. glad they are using the correct colours, i saw another one which was all purple and it make me puke.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Pants Donkey posted:

there are ten worlds? I thought 7 was the last one :staredog:

Worlds 8-10 are originally DLC, I believe, but are just included in the Switch version. I 100%'d Adventure mode on Vita and they didn't unlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Policenaut posted:

Hey! You guys! You wanted MONSTER HUNTER on Switch right!?

Well gently caress you! Here's the One Piece hunting action game instead! For whatever reason Bamco is porting it to PS4/Switch!

So instead of stabbing dragons to eat them, I punch them really hard to eat them? Okay. Wait, Unlimited World Red was just like JRPG brawler? That's not hunting with punches at all. :mad:

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 12:54 on May 11, 2017

• Locked thread