Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Jimmy Hats posted:

Cancelling my pre-order :(:(:(

No glow eyes for you then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I am happy that Supes, WW, and Swamp thing seem to be all in the tied for lowest health category, as low health generally in the history of fighting games tends to mean better character as they will have more options to compensate for the health.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Evil Canadian posted:

I am happy that Supes, WW, and Swamp thing seem to be all in the tied for lowest health category, as low health generally in the history of fighting games tends to mean better character as they will have more options to compensate for the health.

Well it would be pretty terrible and very lolworthy of NRS didn't do this to balance them.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Evil Canadian posted:

On the other hand, it also means any of the tougher characters is in a good position to triumph so long as their player is patient and adept enough to reliably punish. The fact that DS has one of the highest health may indicate that he may be one of the hardest to manage once people become embedded in their mains, according to your view. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think its possible to balance a game without having to give characters different HP values. I think Mike Z in particular is really against it.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

fadam posted:

I think its possible to balance a game without having to give characters different HP values. I think Mike Z in particular is really against it.

Mike Z doesn't like a lot of things and his biases have failed him more than once in skullgirls. Even though every NRS game until now has been same health, I am very happy they decided to go fluctuating health for characters now.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

If it allows a more diverse set of playstyles be more effective, I'm all for it. Variety is the spice of gaming.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

well that skin could look better

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Kelp Plankton posted:

That's uuuuhh pretty bad

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

How ironic is it that the one guy who should absolutely be decked out in heavy armor and headgear is instead wearing a PVC jumpsuit with a bare head and arms?

Extremely, the answer is extremely. And even moreso that he can't benefit from the gear system to change his look.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Freeze never looks right to me without his head being inside of some glass case thing.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Freeze just looks wrong without the dome

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

freeze without the dome is like superman without the cape. it can work but only if the costume is real drat good. this one, is not real drat good. give him the dome and that helps. still missing his armor though. doesnt have to be bulky armor, just, anything. bare skin freeze is super weird

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm the Nora-approved crotch bulge.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Roth posted:

Freeze never looks right to me without his head being inside of some glass case thing.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Freeze just looks wrong without the dome

:yeah:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

This is unfortunate.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

I'm the Nora-approved crotch bulge.

LOL what the gently caress is up with that. Freeze looks bad.

Anyway having just watched the end of the stream I loved all the matchups. Good to see that even if Black Adam and Darkseid are loving brick shithouses, characters that are fast like Robin and Cheetah can be evenly matched up with them. Game is looking real good as everyone has great mix of strengths and weaknesses. Honestly everyone looks insane but a lot of matchups could go either way depending on your knowledge of their toolsets.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Kelp Plankton posted:

fallout 4 raider boss Mr Freeze

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Kelp Plankton posted:

So that's what Paul Shaffer is doing these days.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
NEVER SHOULD HAVE COME HERE - mr freeze to batman

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Does he ever correct anyone and make them call him Doctor Freeze?

Actually same question but for Harley, and Scarecrow, and Ivy, and Man-Bat, and Hatter. I'll give Strange a pass on trademarks.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 11, 2017

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

YOU WILL BE SO MUCH EASIER TO ROB WHEN YOU'RE DEAD - mr freeze to nora

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kelp Plankton posted:

lookit this loving nerd

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'my mom says my villain suit is cool' ~ Mr Freeze before being suplexed through a goddamn wall

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Instead of that really awesome fight in Arkham City, Batman just gives Mr. Freeze a noogie.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Actually same question but for Harley, and Scarecrow, and Ivy, and Man-Bat, and Hatter. I'll give Strange a pass on trademarks.

Wow, I never actually thought about how many doctors B-Money has in his rogues gallery before.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

Wow, I never actually thought about how many doctors B-Money has in his rogues gallery before.

And lovely villain Hush. And Dr.Hurt.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Kelp Plankton posted:

Huh, that is the N52 design for Freeze

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i hope he has a cool voice at least

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Huh, that is the N52 design for Freeze

This looks like a terrible deviantart redesign.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kurtofan posted:

i hope he has a cool voice at least

They're gonna get Maurice LaMarche back but make him do an Arnold voice.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Well, so much for Vixen as DLC

And have a look a Jay Garrick

More Premier skins

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 06:52 on May 11, 2017

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Jay owns

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
those two are good looking, and looks like they're free?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Roth posted:

This looks like a terrible deviantart redesign.

Hi, I see you're unfamiliar with the nu52.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Senor Frio

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Senor Frio's voice is Lopez from Red vs. Blue.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

McSpanky posted:

Hi, I see you're unfamiliar with the nu52.

Not as unfamiliar as I wish I was.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I guess Freeze not having the dome or cyro suit falls down to hitbox issues with Capt Cold. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Roth posted:

Not as unfamiliar as I wish I was.

I don't know much about new 52 stuff but I read the trades for Swamp thing and Wonder woman new 52 and they were both pretty fantastic.

Also I don't like the flash at all but I love jay garrick flash, he looks dope.

• Locked thread