Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

where the red fern gropes posted:

are you looking at The Icon's summer suit? it's different to Land of Tomorrow's, not sure which variant Landslide uses

Ah, yes. I just picked the default suit for this Elusive target and he didn't have his sunglasses. The day and night thing didn't even occur to me. If he still wears sunglasses on World of Tomorrow that's actually pretty rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Mondian posted:

Huh, I've played about a million hours of this game and never even noticed her.

You've never walked through the second room in Paris? :psyduck:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Mister Adequate posted:

You've never walked through the second room in Paris? :psyduck:

I never noticed her either! We must've walked through while heading somewhere else - I never really stopped to look at these rooms.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

frenton posted:

Ah, yes. I just picked the default suit for this Elusive target and he didn't have his sunglasses. The day and night thing didn't even occur to me. If he still wears sunglasses on World of Tomorrow that's actually pretty rad.
Yeah the sunglasses are only for World of Tomorrow, the other two Sapienza maps use the night variant with no sunglasses. The ET unlockable version with gloves has sunglasses, regardless of map, so you can wear your sunglasses at night, or in Hokkaido, whatever. Pretty much every glove variant is wildly superior except the Colorado one because the hat kind of makes the tactical gear look weird for some reason, but it's still cool.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
SE's dumping IO Interactive lol

Pray for Hitman

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

There's a thread on NeoGAF where someone looked up the SteamSpy numbers (which are never hugely accurate but still) and Hitman sold less than 700k copies compared to Absolution's 3m on PC. Looks like the game's dead.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Perfect Potato posted:

SE's dumping IO Interactive lol

Pray for Hitman

https://twitter.com/ynakamura56/status/862557468102098948

yep

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I guess that's the reward for making an actual Hitman game. God damnit.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's a huge downer, but not much of a surprise. They were keeping tight lipped about season 2 for a reason.

It's the end for Hitman for the time being, but at least it went out on a high note :unsmith:

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
b-b-but i need to know the conclusion to the gripping story of shadow client vs providen-- hahahahahah j/k no one cares

i'm very sad we won't see season 2 though

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Well poo poo. :sigh:

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Hopefully IO Interactive is able to secure funding somewhere and keep making cool murder sims.

No Hitman season 2 is a huge bummer and 47 is a pretty iconic character even though I don't care about anything else, story-wise.

Edit: Hopefully IO is able/willing to quickly disable the DRM if it looks like they're not gonna get sold. I can't imagine Square will keep the servers up much longer.

Sankis fucked around with this message at 08:34 on May 11, 2017

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Square Enix basically pulling out of everything western but Tomb Raider, pun not intended.

You can go indie, the publishers screw you. You can get bought by a publisher, they'll still screw you.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Square Enix basically pulling out of everything western but Tomb Raider, pun not intended.

You can go indie, the publishers screw you. You can get bought by a publisher, they'll still screw you.

They're probably dropping Tomb Raider as well, the reboot didn't sell as well as they hoped (a reminder here it sold over 3m copies, Square's sales expectations have been hosed up for years) and the sequel only got made because Microsoft dropped some cash for it to be an Xbox timed exclusive.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/20170511_01en.pdf

"We lost 4898 million yen ($48M) and can't take it anymore". If anyone remember this was the way that THQ went as well, pouring enormous budgets into everything and anything without an idea of reception or return. It's the highest order of incompetence.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Good morning, 47.

Your targets are Yosuke Matsuda and Kazuharu Watanbe...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I just did this:

And was coming in here to excitedly ask how long till season 2.... now I learn there won't be one :sigh:

This is the best Hitman game they ever did, the best use of episodic content outside of an adventure game, and the lesson developers/publishers will take away from that is,"Don't bother" :negative:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Oh wow, I saw a lot of new posts itt and got excited. And then I read this news. Why can't we have nice things :(

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I wouldn't say this is very surprising, sad but I'm not surprised, Deus Ex Mankind Divided failed to meet SE's sales targets and that franchise was put on ice, it was only a matter of time before the hammer dropped on Hitman.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Judge Tesla posted:

I wouldn't say this is very surprising, sad but I'm not surprised, Deus Ex Mankind Divided failed to meet SE's sales targets and that franchise was put on ice, it was only a matter of time before the hammer dropped on Hitman. is thrown at Hitman knocking it out.

Fixed your post

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Boiled Water posted:

http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/20170511_01en.pdf

"We lost 4898 million yen ($48M) and can't take it anymore". If anyone remember this was the way that THQ went as well, pouring enormous budgets into everything and anything without an idea of reception or return. It's the highest order of incompetence.
The $48 million loss was their investment in Io. Square Enix itself actually recorded record sales and profits, primarily due to the PS4 version of Rise of the Tomb Raider and FF15.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
oh god dammit

:rip:

also lol

where the red fern gropes posted:

Good morning, 47.

Your targets are Yosuke Matsuda and Kazuharu Watanbe...

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Whelp. At least I got the Winter Coat with this ET, no idea if support for the game is going to continue if IO and Square have parted ways.

Hope they introduce a real off line mode.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Balls.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
Jesus christ. Talk about screwing up a sure thing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Square Enix just got Suit Only Silent Assassin on my hopes and dreams for the franchise :smith:

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Veotax posted:

Whelp. At least I got the Winter Coat with this ET, no idea if support for the game is going to continue if IO and Square have parted ways.

Hope they introduce a real off line mode.

Willing to bet they won't and the game will be effectively unplayable around 3 months from now.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Willing to bet they won't and the game will be effectively unplayable around 3 months from now.

im going active shooter on SE's offices if this is the case

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Fuckssakes.

I thought they'd already greenlit season 2 & 3 from how well this had been received.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
loving gently caress gently caress bollocks gently caress.

It was so good, why didn't more people give it a chance?

Kolnikov
Mar 25, 2016

the experience is consummated
Pillbug

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Sentinel Red posted:

loving gently caress gently caress bollocks gently caress.

It was so good, why didn't more people give it a chance?

Suffered for the sins of absolution, mostly. The next game always takes the sales hit from a bad release.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Blasmeister posted:

Suffered for the sins of absolution, mostly. The next game always takes the sales hit from a bad release.

I'm willing to bet more people are vary of the episodic releases as they should be. I'd call it 50/50 if an episodic game manages to release all its episodes.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Thanks Square for killing both Deus Ex and Hitman.

Kolnikov
Mar 25, 2016

the experience is consummated
Pillbug
I hope they make the final Elusive Target 47 himself, in some kind of weird existential nightmare.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

gently caress this noise. the hitman series has always been my favourite since the C47 days and Hitman™ was too perfect a thing for this cruel cold earth.

Feel very sorry for the folks at IOI. They've always come across as Very Cool and Good People in all their public-facing stuff. And they've just moved to a fancy and probably expensive new office too. :(

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Matinee posted:

Feel very sorry for the folks at IOI. They've always come across as Very Cool and Good People in all their public-facing stuff. And they've just moved to a fancy and probably expensive new office too. :(

Oh really? That's pretty poo poo, my old manager just took up a position there like 2 months ago, moved countries and everything. Bad couple days for him no doubt.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Kolnikov posted:

I hope they make the final Elusive Target 47 himself, in some kind of weird existential nightmare.

This sounds like part of a creepypasta. You load up the game weeks after beating this ET and it's just the camera pointed at 47's dead body, and the high scores are predictions of how you will die.

You snap your fingers. This SCREAMING AS YOUR BONES ARE CRUSHED rear end in a top hat got Silent Assassin in 28 seconds? Probably shot a fire extinguisher.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
I'M WORRIED PLEASE TELL ME TO NOT BE WORRIED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lucinice posted:

Thanks Square for killing both Deus Ex and Hitman.

Deus Ex was completely their fault, for carving up the game and loving it up. Hitman getting shafted is the most upset I've been about a cancellation since P.T. got dumped. Hitman was so goddamn good, so loving creative, and there's really nothing like it. Maybe it would have sold better without DRM or episodes, who knows, but it deserved to live.